McGrath Clambakes, Inc.

Value
Flexibility
Patty
08/08/2015

Exceptional planning, food and service. It was a pleasure to work with Allie and TR - they made every aspect of our event memorable. it has been three weeks since our celebration and guests are still commenting on the delicious food and the great personalities and service of the staff - they added to the fun of the evening. be confident with choosing McGrath's for your upcoming event-you will not be disappointed.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

McGrath Clambakes was amazing! The presentation was fantastic and the food was delicious. They were great to work with and they really made my wedding day special.

Dr. David
07/10/2015

I utilized McGrath Clambakes for my daughters wedding. I have never been more pleased with a vendor in my entire life. From our initial discussions through the reception, they were professional, extremely helpful at all times, and the staff at the reception were so efficient and courteous. All of our guests raved about the food. I would recommend them highly to anyone considering their services.

Kathleen
06/26/2015

Before selecting McGrath Caterer I read every review I could find. I thought if they are half as good as reported I would have a successful event. The outcome was far above my expectations. Working with Allie, our coordinator, was incredible. She was extremely knowledgeable, professional, and a pleasure to work with. She kept all parts of the process organized. Without feeling pressured she was always there to assist with ever detail. All emails were answered quickly. Information on linen and tableware were explained. She would make me feel comfortable with my decisions and guide me if I was off track.
McGrath' s provides you with names and places to locate anything you might want to add to the event.
The majority of the planning time I was in Florida. I always felt that everything was being arranged and executed perfectly. This was my first experience working with a caterer. I would definitely recommend McGrath' s.
The staff that worked the event were fabulous. They quietly reached me to check on schedule and adjusted the serving times to accommodate some guests that arrived a little late. Each server and cook was skilled and professional.
Lastly, the food was wonderful. Several guests chose steak rather than lobster. One guest reported that it was the.best steak he had eaten. What a great compliment for a company that is known for its clambakes.

Services Used: Catering

We received so many compliments on both the food and service - McGrath was outstanding in both areas. Recommended highly! They helped make our New England wedding just that much more amazing.

Services Used: Catering

Melissa and staff were amazing! I received many compliments from my guests about the food and service! I would highly recommend McGrath for food, service, and pre and onsite management.

Services Used: Catering

Allie and McGrath Clambakes made our wedding day one that us and our guests will NEVER forget. The Lobster Bake meal was perfection; guests are still raving about it! From the first inquiry e-mail about pricing and menu, all the way through the planning and day of our wedding their professionalism and service was top notch. Allie, our event coordinator, went above and beyond for us in every aspect. We never waited more than an hour or two for an e-mail response and no request was too much trouble. Allie took the time to meet with us personally on more than one occasion until every detail was perfect. The day of our wedding Allie made sure that everything ran smoothly and that we were both taken care of. We had no worries on our wedding day thanks to Mcgrath Clambakes and Allie! I can't wait to have another event so that we can use them again! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a Five Star caterer!!

Maria
09/19/2014

McGrath's was one of the true highlights of our wedding. The owner TR came out to review the plan for the tent and food a few weeks prior. He was on top of every detail and need during the reception. Our event coordinator Allie was trustworthy, calm, on top of everything and a joy to work with. She had it all together the day of the reception - she truly went above and beyond. The food was outstanding - guests from Nantucket were raving about the quality of the lobsters and the appetizers were gone faster than anything. McGraths took care of just about everything and were a pleasure to work with. I recommend them for any party/wedding/event/function!!

Jennifer
09/13/2014

If I could give McGrath Clambakes more than 5 stars, I would. Our expectations were exceeded in every way! Choosing them was by far the smartest decision I made for our wedding!

Erin H.
09/13/2014

Melissa at mcgrath's was a pleasure to deal with throughout the whole process. She was always patient and kind to me even when I was harried or missed a deadline. I had a small garden party and she was always helpful and flexible with options and suggestions, and I never felt pressured to do anything I didn't want. Because I was planning from across the country, eventually I had to just let go and trust McGrath's to run the day - and they did so beautifully. All of my guests commented on how beautiful everything looked, how tasty the food was and how professional they were. Thank you guys!!

Elizabeth
09/06/2014

They were great! Really pleasant people who worked with all of my confusion and made a great night!

Services Used: Catering

These guys were amazing!! I had my wedding on a private residence and Allie and TR literally did everything for me so professionally and were beyond helpful. Being an ultimate DIY wedding, I had a ton of stuff running through my head and they were both saviors! Despite weather threats, they were completely on the ball and guided me just enough to make for the perfect day. The food was delicious - everyone loved it. The service was A+++

Rebecca
08/28/2014

We are from Virginia and had to secure catering services for my son's rehearsal dinner. The food, presentation and extremely professional staff went beyond my highest expectations. The lobsters, clams and mussels were simply amazing. Allie Cashman and McGrath,s made coordinating an event for approximately 80 people from out-of-state as easy as possible and they were extremely tolerant of my many changes in venue. If I could rate them higher on the scale provided, I would.

Shawn
08/24/2014

Mcgrath's catered both our rehearsal & wedding nights. Allie , TR, and the rest of their team were just amazing. My Husband and I were across the country planning and everyone at Mcgrath's made the process so easy. From the phone calls, finally our face to face meetings, the set up , to the food and service. All of our guests came up to us saying the food on both nights was the best food they have ever been served at a wedding and said the staff was fantastic. They were much than just a caterer helping with small touches such as putting our homemade napkin ring holders on the napkins, setting up special tables for our ceremony, to helping coordinate the entrance of the wedding party. We can never thank them enough for helping make our weekend something we will never forget.

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning
1+ year ago

Melissa and team were wonderful to work with! We felt happy providing a great traditional New England meal for our visitors from far away.

1+ year ago

Thank you seems completely inadequate but my husband and I are just so grateful to McGrath Clambakes, specifically Kerry Sullivan, the bartenders, servers, and cooks at McGraths. My husband remarked that he wishes the food was not as good because people kept coming up to tell him just how much they enjoyed the meal! We are just so happy that McGraths were our caterer and, Kerry Sullivan's organization, professionalism, and attention to details was absolutely incredible.

From the very beginning, Kerry answered my endless streams of questions quickly, with excellent suggestions, guidance and wisdom. As we neared the big day, Kerry took care of every detail and was an excellent liaison with all our vendors (coordinator, DJ, venue, and Newport Tents). I knew that we were in excellent hands! On the day of out reception, everything was flawless. The food was extraordinary, the execution perfect, and everyone was just so nice! McGraths even received compliments on the tap Guinness from the our Irish guests! (They have high standards for Guinness)

Thank you. I'm going to search for reasons to throw a party in order to eat the McGrath's food again. What a wonderful day and Kerry's wisdom was essential in the final execution.

Services Used: Catering, Lighting & Decor