Massey's House of Flowers

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We did our archway with Lupe from Massey Flowers and it was perfect!! They were able to create and exceed our expectations and it made the pictures stunning. I would recommend Massey to anyone having a specail event. Thanks again.

• Wedding: 04/11/2014
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers
Michael/Melissa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Massey's House of Flowers is a great choice for a florist for your wedding. They did a wonderful job creating floral arrangements for my wedding at a price I was comfortable with. There was no attempt to upsell while we planned the flowers, they were very understanding of our budget and never pressured us to get anything more than what they suggested. They were very professional and always responded promptly to us. The flowers on the wedding day were beautiful! The centerpieces we gave away to guests who were all too happy to take them since they were so nice. I'd recommend Massey's to anyone who needs professional florist services.

• Wedding: 09/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot rave enough about Lupe and her team of florists at Massey's. She actually did my friend's wedding around 15 years ago, so when I was looking for a florist I already knew who I wanted to meet with. We didn't even meet with any other florists because she was so great and her prices are very reasonable. She goes the extra mile to make sure the bride (and my mom) is very happy. They also offered to hang our paper lanterns as a nice gesture at no extra charge. I would highly recommend Massey's House of Flowers as your wedding florist!!!

• Wedding: 09/20/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lupe was great in working with us in creating a vision for our centerpieces, bouquets and other arrangements. The arrangement on the gazebo looked fantastic as did our centerpieces. However there were a few minor issues on the wedding day. The brides bouquet was missing the rhinestone band wrapping on the stems and Lupe needed to make a last minute trip to the shop and back to fix this. Also, our aisle was supposed to have flowers scattered throughout prior to the ceremony as we had now flower girls. Instead only the border of the aisle has petals and our ushers had to hurriedly scatter the rest of the petals right at the start of the ceremony. Lupe was easy to work with but a little disorganized and slow in getting detailed invoices to us.

• Wedding: 06/09/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lupe was very personable and accommodating. When we were discussing my bouquet she showed me some sample blue hydrangeas which were light and almost greenish/yellowish, and I was not a fan. I requested the darkest blue hydrangeas possible and I really appreciated that she carried through. My bouquet was even more beautiful than I'd dreamed.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Massey's House of Flowers for our August 2012 wedding in Rancho Palos Verdes. We asked for a rustic ocean theme and provided pictures as inspiration. We also provided the driftwood used in the centerpieces which Lupe and her staff decorated with succulents and gardenias. Lupe made some excellent suggestions regarding the placement and stabilization of the driftwood which they did themselves, and she also made suggestions regarding arrangements and candles as the venue can get breezy. The bouquets also turned out beautifully, and smelled so fragrant with the gardenias used. The succulents from the bouquets were saved and are now planted and we hope that they grow and live for a long time to remind us of our special day and what a wonderful job Massey's House of Flowers did!

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lupe at Massey's is so great! She knows her stuff, and will work with any budget. I had the most gorgeous flowers at my wedding! She has my business for life!

• Wedding: 11/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough great things about Massey's House of Flowers! I am so glad we had Lupe do the flowers for our wedding. She made sure to stick within our budget and had lots of great suggestions for beautiful flowers that wouldn't leave us broke! On the wedding day, the flowers literally left me speechless for a moment because they were all more beautiful than I had even imagined. Lupe is truly an artist with her flowers and really worked with my vision for the day. Plus, she is very sweet and fun to work with. If you go with Massey's House of Flowers for your wedding, you really won't be disappointed.

• Wedding: 10/02/2011
Jennifer
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Flowers were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! And they stayed fresh for a week after the wedding!

• Wedding: 08/13/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It has been 2 years since my husband and I got married and we STILL have family and friends that tell us that our wedding was the most beautiful they have ever seen. Thanks to Lupe and her House of Flowers, our guests were blown away by how incredible the flowers looked at the ceremony and reception. Lupe and her team were so helpful, flexible, and friendly that I would recommend them to not only brides, but to anyone who is looking for a floral designer. LOVED my bouquet!

• Wedding: 10/10/2008
JaimeK
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Lupe at Massey's. She was very professional and easy going from the start. Very organized and answered all of my questions. Lupe also had some ideas that she offered that added so much spice to my big day. She also provided us with more flowers than we originally expected for our center pieces. She did an amazing job with keeping everything fresh and all of the bouquets were just stunning. Everything was dropped off and packaged and labeled at the church on time as promised. I would definitely recommend Lupe and Massey's any day. Oh yea, and very affordable!

• Wedding: 07/18/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Massey's House of Flowers is a warm-hearted, exceptional and wonderful vendor. Lupe, who usually services the events, knows exactly how to make a wedding absolutely beautiful! I did not know a lot about flowers upon meeting her and she completely knew how to show me what I needed to see. She also understood that we had a limited budget and worked with whatever we could afford. I feel that she went above and beyond what was "paid for" and expected too! On the day of the wedding, the cake that was delivered was the wrong colors/style! I called Lupe, who was on her way to the reception site, and decorated the cake so beautifully with flowers and butterflies that no one even noticed the incorrect parts of the cake! I HIGHLY recommend Lupe and Massey's House of Flowers!! :)

• Wedding: 10/21/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The only part of Massey's I can't speak to is cost, because to this day my parents won't share with me the final cost of my flowers. What I can tell you is that Lupe at Massey's is GREAT to work with. I first met with her about 5-6 months prior to the wedding to go over ideas I had and show her inspiration photos. We met again about 2 months before the wedding to see a mock-up and and that time she had some great ideas to really help the room pop. We ended up going through her for our lighting in addition to flowers as a result. Lupe also went over "plan B" on flower choices because October is the off season for many of the flowers I selected and we were reliant on the availability of flowers imported from outside of the US. On the day of the wedding the church (which she had never worked in before so this is an added testament to her skill) looked amazing. All that day Lupe wanted to make sure I was happy with the flowers (she knew they were VERY important to me) and when my bouquet didn't come out initially as I had hoped she sent someone back to the store for more flowers to create a new one before we started pictures. The reception venue also looked amazing. The room was completely transformed by the lighting, centerpieces, candles and other arrangements throughout the room. We received many compliments on how everything looked that night, and people still comment on the flowers when people see the pictures. I recommend Massey's 100%!!!

• Wedding: 10/13/2007
310-325-8222
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards