Mari Darr~Welch: Modern Photojournalist

Mari Darr~Welch: Modern Photojournalist

Favorite
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I LOVED my wedding photos. Mari Darr-Welch was awesome to work with. She has a great sense of humor and an artistic eye. She was unobtrusive but caught beautiful photos catching sincere emotions. My photos are creative, artistic and gorgeous. She posted a few of my best photos on her facebook page right away, and was extremely fast in getting me my photos. She was also very responsive and was flexible, especially when the night before my wedding we found out there was road construction outside the house where we were staying and that there might be long delays getting to the house and then out to the wedding venue. Highly Recommended!

Services Used: Photography

She was fun and GREAT to work with. Wonderful person and an outstanding photographer. She didn't take the typical beach wedding pics that everyone has, she made it all unique and beautiful. I honestly didn't know I could look that good in Photographs!

Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married
0.0

She was late, she was rude, and did not complete our contract as specified. She brought an assistant that she later bad mouthed and who spoke strangely to my family. Mari also offended my family members, and myself by show in up late and disregarding every single request I had made in the hour long she had me fill out. When I confronted her about her online site not working properly and allowing me to view the photos and share them with my family for purchase she did not fix it. This forced me to upload them onto my own site for purchase and also resulted in her asking me to dropbox her the photos I would to be printed into an album. I finished the drop box process after hours of going through 700 photos (many of which were garbage). She then told me I could not dropbox them to her and told me to do it over again on the website which was then working. I am not going through all of those again when I completed her direction already and her lack of customer service to fix it herself is ridiculous give the thousands of dollars she was paid. Many of my family photos which were take after the ceremony (something I specified against in her online form) have shadows covering faces and strange shadows behind people. Everything from the week of the wedding until not, 9 months later has been a nightmare. When she did not get back to me after numerous attempts on my part I knew I would have trouble and her excuse when I finally got her on the phone was her divorce. Professionalism is irrelevant to her and it was none of my business or concern as a new bride to hear about her marital problems. I paid a lot of money for her services and return was left with just a few good photos. In fact the picture hanging on our wall in our signed frame was not even taken by her or her assistant. My favorite photo from that day was taken by a friend of mine. Mari is a nightmare!

Services Used: Photography

Mari is not only an amazing photographer, but has an amazing personality to go with it. She will do whatever it takes to get the perfect shot! Loving my "sneak peek" pictures so far!

Services Used: Photography

We could not have had a better experience with a photographer than Mari. She was responsive to inquiries, cooperative, pleasant, energetic and creative. Her personality allowed everyone to relax and have fun, and seeing her experience handling of all involved makes us confident that the photos will be great. Mari worked hard to scout out photogenic shots and I was impressed with all the work she did before she event made the shots. She also exhibited extreme patience, something necessary when dealing with time crunches and a huge group of people. I was so pleased I found Mari, and I was also relieved to be able to turn everything over to her and trust her wisdom and experience. She was such a bright spot in our wedding experience.

Services Used: Photography

We could not be more pleased! Mari was able to so expertly capture every essence of our love for each other. And she did it all with just two weeks notice!

Profile Picture
Rona
05/29/2012

Mari was a great photographer on our big day! She came to the house and did preparation shots, she had a fantastic kit that saved the day when my dress kept threatening to turn on me, and her sense of humour kept us all laughing! And above all, the photos she took were gorgeous; we couldn't be more pleased.

Services Used: Photography

This photographer took incredible photos at our wedding. She was professional but really fun. She was receptive to every request we had during the wedding on photos we wanted. She puts her whole heart into her product and it really shows. She was super quick to respond to emails and phone calls, which really eases a bride's stress. She answered every question we had quickly. She worked with us for a custom package, so we got exactly what we wanted. The pictures came out stunning and she was so worth the money. I highly recommend this photographer to any bride.

Services Used: Photography

Mari did a great job! We had a lot of family group shots and took every shot we wanted. Awesome candids of New Year's Eve balloon drop and sparklers! I will (and have!) recommend her to others.

Services Used: Photography

I had no doubts when hiring Mari to take photos of the most important day of my life. I had seen her work and knew she had a great reputation so I hired her without interviewing any other photographers. She has a great amount of energy and loves her job. She gives 100% to every client and that is evident in everything she does. The only thing I was worried about was getting family pictures with my young nieces and nephew, but she worked her magic and they took perfect pictures and gave her their full attention! Mari will be our family's photographer until she retires!

4.7

I really enjoyed having Mari as a photographer. She photographed my wedding and trash the dress. The photographs are amazing and I am so happy with them.

Services Used: Photography

Great Personality. She proved to be very knowledgable, capable, and creative. Photos are amazing!

4.7

Best, most creative photographer I have ever met

Services Used: Photography

Mari is such a great photographer! We love our wedding pictures! I highly recommend
her!

Services Used: Photography

Mari was amazing!!! She really captured our day beautifully and was not afraid to get her feet wet, literally. She will do what it takes to get the perfect shot, and with a smile on her face. I recommend her to everyone,I didn't even notice she was there, but she had pictures of every detail!

Services Used: Photography

Mari was very helpful and gave us several opportunities to laugh, have fun, and enjoy our photography sessions. She is wonderful and i recommend her to any bride & groom