Luminance Wedding Films
Albuquerque, NM 87124  | map
Style: Cinematic, Documentary, Short Form, Storytelling
Packages: Ceremony, DVD of Raw Footage, Edited Video, High...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Brian 1 Reviews
Luminance produced an absolutely wonderful film of our wedding. Sarah (the principal owner) somehow captured amazing shots throughout the event without ever being intrusive. She has a real knack for being in the right place at the right time to capture all the special moments that make up a wedding day! The final film has the production values of a professional Hollywood film. The shots are clear and steady and the editing is fluid and very thoughtful! Sarah was a pleasure to work with! She is clearly a perfectionist about her work and seems to really enjoy doing it. We are so happy we chose Luminance to film our wedding!! Luminance exceeded our already high expectations!
Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Sarah and Scott helped make my wedding unforgettable. Not only were they great to work with, the video I ended up with exceeded my expectations beyond words. The film is beautiful, elegant, and truly captured the spirit of the day. She captures everything from the tiny winks snuck in the ceremony to the big moments of the first kiss as man and wife. I will be forever thankful to them for giving me something I can keep forever.
Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am so happy I choose Luminance Wedding Films for our wedding! They were wonderful to work with and they truly captured the special moments of our wedding day. It was so amazing to watch the highlight film and get to relive our wedding day over again. From the music to all of the details they captured, I really could not be happier. Sarah and her husband were great to work with and they made us feel comfortable the entire time. This is something that we will treasure forever and more importantly, share with our children one day. I highly recommend Luminance Wedding Films!
Wedding: 08/18/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
From start to finish, Sarah from Luminance was WONDERFUL to work with. As a destination bride, it was stressful to find a great videographer that you trust, and most importantly, whose style you admire. I loved the films that were already on their website, and was confident they would be a good fit for us as well. After talking to Sarah over the phone, I immediately knew she would be amazing to work with! She is friendly, funny, smart, and creative. She made everything easy, was SUPER flexible, and the finished product was the most amazing memory we have of our wedding. They caught every emotion that weddings bring, and bring every person who watches the video to tears. Seriously, I have gotten so many compliments on it! I curse the day that I ever thought "We don't need a videographer, we will have a photographer...." NOTHING COMPARES TO THIS VIDEO! Thank you so much Sarah and Luminance Wedding Films for giving us the best video ever!
Wedding: Recently Married

Private User 2 Reviews
Sarah and her husband Scott drove 7 hours from New Mexico to Kansas for our wedding. They are both extremely professional and they bring their own equipment. On arrival, they got in touch with our photographer, the church, and DJ to get the best sound, which may not seem like a big deal, but it is! It's what makes their videos sound crisp and clear instead of that echo or noise in the background.
The following is my response when I got to see our finished video:)

Ok I saw your email like at 6 am this morning and I made Gio wake up to watch it with me and after that I couldn't sleep anymore haha! I saw it once and then put my phone away. ..idk why?!?! It felt unreal! Now I just watched it again and nope it is definitely real and I LOVE it!! It's weird watching myself haha, but you made me relive my wedding day, and that is something no picture can capture. I wanted to have fun on my wedding day and I did and I saw that through this amazing film! I felt all the emotions I was feeling that day all over again and I even teared up on the part where we're at the church and when we were giving our toasts. This video is so special to us b/c it's just so tailor-made exclusively for us! I have never felt more catered to and had someone be so passionate like you about making this perfect for us♡♡! The least I can say is thank you..not only is this something that I will have forever to share with my children and their children, but there is no better feeling than working with a fun, nice, comfortable, and dedicated team like you and your husband!

Thank you so so much Sarah and Scott!! (if the occasion arises I'm gonna come searching for you guys no doubt!) Can I share this video? !?!

We love you! !
Wedding: Recently Married

Nicole 1 Reviews
I am so happy we chose Luminance to document our wedding day!
My husband wasn't so sure we needed a videographer but I knew I'd regret it if we didn't. He was so impressed with the quality equipment they use and the videos they created were so much better than any we had seen. It is evident the time they take to create a beautiful video, unique to each couple.
Sarah is so professional and talented and she takes the time to get to know each couple she works with. Our video is SO us! And that's because she knew us!
Everyone who's seen it says, "that is so you!" or "so Luis!" (my husband). Our personalities and love for each other was depicted so well and it was just so honest - the video captured the effortlessness of it all.
I couldn't be happier with our wedding video and I'm so happy to have such a beautiful piece of work to share with others for years to come!
Thank you so much Sarah!
Wedding: 07/27/2013

Janea 2 Reviews
Sarah and her husband did an amazing job on our wedding! I couldnt of asked for anyone better, they are very professional and wonderful people to be around! They truly captured the essence of my husband and I.
We cant thank you enough!
Wedding: 07/13/2013

sarah 1 Reviews
In planning my wedding, I was not completely convinced I needed a cinematographer. Everything involved in planning a wedding is so expensive as it is and I thought a wedding video would be one added cost that wasn't necessary. I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG.
I am so incredibly grateful that I hired Sarah because the day after our wedding I woke up and struggled to remember so much of the day before. The actual day of the wedding was a whirlwind. The days and weeks after, I felt like I had blacked out from a combination of excitement, nervousness and an overload of family and friends. Waking up and only remembering bits and pieces of this incredibly special day I had spent months planning left me with a huge feeling of dread. However, I was comforted knowing that Sarah had at least captured some of the day. Then when I watched our wedding video, all of the details from the wedding day came rushing back to me. All of the special moments that I witnessed and even some that I missed were there. With this video I will always have the ability to re-experience every gorgeous detail and all of the emotion that photographs alone cannot begin to capture. I will remember forever exactly what my dad said in his speech. The service and product Sarah and her husband produce are not only incredible, but completely invaluable. This is the one wedding service that was worth every penny paid and more. I cannot express enough how grateful I am for their gifting my husband and I the ability re-experience our wedding day over and over.
Luminance Wedding Films responded with the following comments:
Sarah, you and Ray are beyond amazing! We so enjoyed filming the two of you and being a part of your special day. Thank you so much for this awesome review. I love knowing that this film will help you to re-live all the wonderful moments of this special day. You both are a special couple and we wish you all the best in your new lives together!
Wedding: 06/08/2013

Ruth 1 Reviews
Luminance created a beautiful film that my husband and I can watch and remember our special day from beginning to end. Sarah was professional yet she kept the filming light and fun, and we had a blast. I was blown away that she captured all the little moments we weren't able to see on the wedding day. You won't go wrong with booking Luminance to capture your special moments of the most important day of your life.
Luminance Wedding Films responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I'm so happy we could be there to capture this wonderful day for you and Tommy! What an amazing couple you guys are and we wish you all the best!!
Wedding: 06/01/2013

SooJee 1 Reviews
My husband and I are obsessed with our wedding video done by Luminance Wedding Films! It looks straight out of a movie and it was so nice to see all the things that we didn't get to on our special day! Sarah was so incredible to work with. She was kind and professional. She kept me updated on the status of the video and repeatedly thanked us for not only our business, but our patience as well. The wait was beyond worth it. We are so happy with the final product and we will be recommending Luminance to all of our friends!!!
Luminance Wedding Films responded with the following comments:
Soojee, I love this review and I love that you are obsessed with your wedding film!! I am happy to know that this film will bring you and Nic lots of joy, tears and happiness for many years to come as you remember and look back on this wonderful day. Thank you again so much for letting us witness and capture this beautiful time in your life!
Wedding: 05/25/2013

Kayla 1 Reviews
Where do I start ... I cannot express how thankful I am that we found Luminance Wedding Films. I searched and searched and watched so many videos throughout wedding planning, and when I saw LWF, I knew I had to have them shoot our wedding. Their videos speak for themselves, and the tugs on my heartstrings were convincing, but after emailing and meeting with Sarah, I was completely sold. I'm a stickler for customer service, and Sarah has this wonderful way of giving you her full attention, excitement, and love - and carries that into your wedding day. And it shows, both on her face, and in her work. From beginning to end Sarah and LWF was great; they were speedy with answering emails, eager to meet and chat all about our big day, and assuring that they've got it all under control and were going to capture our day amazingly. And that they did. My husband took some convincing of hiring a videographer (with our budget, etc), but when we got the highlight film back and sat down and watched it, I looked over and he was *crying* and said to me, "I'm SO glad we did this!!" I've watched the video over and over, and every single time I go back to that day and my heart skips and I can't breath, feeling so thankful to have this footage, and to be able to watch that over and over again, that came and went so quickly. I could talk about LWF forever, I truly am so unexplainably thankful that we chose them for our wedding day, and I wouldn't recommend making any other choice. Our flowers have died, the cake was smashed/eaten ;), the center pieces are long gone and in pieces, our wedding party and family traveled back to their homes, things got lost, broken, forgotten. But this video, this video we will have forever, and we will cherish it forever. Thank you, endlessly, to Luminance Wedding Films for giving us such a wonderful vendor experience, and an incredible video that we absolutely love!!!
Luminance Wedding Films responded with the following comments:
WOW!!! OH WOW!! Kayla, reading reviews like yours is what makes our job so WORTHWHILE!! I am so happy to know the impact this film has had on both of you and am so pleased to know how you felt about our customer service. To know that I not only produced a moving film for you both but that you were happy with us every step of the way is priceless! I LOVE giving you guys and all of my couples something to remember this monumental day by. Thank you again Kayla, for your sweet words!!
Wedding: 04/20/2013

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Sarah and her husband were amazing! My husband and I are completely happy with our experience with them. We love the videos they put together, both the full length and the highlight. Every aspect of it was above and beyond anything we have seen from other companies.

We also appreciate how flexible and creative they were in getting footage even with very poor weather.
I am so happy that we chose Luminance to do our wedding film and enjoyed aspect of our experience with them.
Luminance Wedding Films responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much Gloria and Bret for your wonderful review! We absolutely LOVED doing this for you guys and enjoyed our time getting to know the two of you. Gloria, you are a breath of fresh air...such a lovely lady :). We wish you both many, many years of happiness!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When my husband and I began planning our wedding and were going through the careful process of selecting our vendors, neither of us saw the need for a videographer. At the time it just seemed like an extra expense, and in our minds hiring a great photographer would be enough.

About three weeks before our wedding, our thoughts on having a videographer completely changed when we saw the highlight film from my brother and sister-in-law's September wedding. Our jaws dropped and we were in complete awe of the beautiful film that Sarah Kanafani had created. We felt like we were crazy by wanting to try and hire a videographer less than three weeks before the wedding, but after seeing that video we knew that it was something we would regret not having. We contacted Sarah, and by some stroke of luck, she still had the date available for our wedding.

This was one of the best decisions that we made in the entire wedding planning process. Sarah and her husband Scott were an absolute pleasure to work with. They went above and beyond on the day of our wedding in order to get the most incredible shots. They were completely professional in every aspect, while at the same time having the ability to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera.

We waited anxiously for our highlight film to be completed, and when it was done we had the same jaw dropping sense of awe that we had when we watched my brother and sister-in-law's film a few months earlier. Luminance Wedding Films did not disappoint! The highlight film captured all of the love, laughter, and fun of our wedding day. I told Sarah that the film was totally "us".

The highlight film and the wedding video will be something that we treasure for the rest of our lives. I would highly recommend Luminance Wedding Films to anyone who is considering hiring a a wedding videographer!
Luminance Wedding Films responded with the following comments:
Oh my goodness Lisa, that review was AMAZING!! I am over the top soooo happy you and Kurt had such a great experience with us. I think your wedding film turned out so beautifully but it's not about what I think. I am so glad you both absolutely love it and that it was worth every penny. I always tell couples to spend the money on things that will last and you did! Just think of your kids, grand-kids and great-grand kids re-living this day and seeing first hand the beautiful love the two of you share!!
Wedding: 01/05/2013

Sara 1 Reviews
Where to even begin? Recruiting Luminance to chronicle the most important day of my life up to now, was the best decision I've ever made! (Besides, of course, that I decided to marry my now-husband :) .) Sarah was the most competent vendor we worked with - she was on top of EVERYTHING and thought of every detail so we didn't have to. She went the extra mile and touched base with me a week before the wedding, contacted all of our other vendors to coordinate with them, and came to our rehearsal which was inconveniently in the middle of a work-day. It was so refreshing to not have to worry about coordinating with her. She was so good, that she practically replaced any need for a wedding coordinator... Seriously! Once we decided to go with Luminance we didn't have to think about much else. She was kind, fun to work with and made us and all of our guests feel completely comfortable. Looking back, I can't even remember seeing her video camera at all during the evening - she was completely discrete about getting some pretty precious moments. And the video... wow. Every time I watch it, it's like I'm back in that day, experiencing the joy, excitement and beauty all over again. I would recommend her to anyone without any hesitation. If you are looking for a videographer (and even if you aren't) Luminance is worth every penny. And if you are on a tight budget? Better to send your guests home hungry then get married without Luminance there to document it.
Luminance Wedding Films responded with the following comments:
Sara! You are too funny!! Thank you so much for this awesome review. It's so nice to hear from my clients how their experience was with me. We LOVE your film and had such an amazing time working with you both! Our job, with you, was simple!! We wish you both a lifetime of happiness as you begin your new family!!
Wedding: 10/20/2012

Jenae 1 Reviews
In the beginning my husband and I were a little nervous to have our wedding filmed. At first we thought it maybe too much and it would be distracting to have a bunch of cameras around. We changed our minds the moment we met Sarah. We fell in love with her sweet and down to earth personality. She made us feel 100% comfortable and all of our reservations went right out the window.

By the time it was our wedding day we had communicated with Sarah so much that we felt like she was a friend of ours, which only made us feel more comfortable. Luminance Films and there staff were so professional and talented. We totally trusted what would come of our wedding video.

Then- it was here! Our highlight video- We were so anxious and excited to see it! My husband and I watched it for the first time by ourselves. It was AMAZING! As tears streamed down our faces we were able to experience our wedding day all over again. We got to see it from our guests perspective and see all the minor details, that we missed,from all the long planning, come to life. Then my family and friends saw it and the amazement poured in. One of our favorite comments that we received from a friend of was "wow. This is like a trailer to movie I really want to see". It's true, Luminance films turned our wedding day into a fairy tale movie. It is something we will cherish for the rest of our lives and we can't wait to share it with our children one day, and for them to share it with their children...

Thank you so much luminance films for capturing our special day so beautifully--we can now relive and treasure how great it was forever.
Luminance Wedding Films responded with the following comments:
Jenae! We had such a blast at your wedding. It was such a pleasure to get to know you and Shane. You have such a beautiful relationship and we were so honored to document every moment of that amazing day. Thank you for such a wonderful review!! We wish you both many, many years of happiness.
Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Sarah and Scott managed to capture the important moments of our daughter's wedding day which was so evidently seen with their creative editing intertwined perfectly with the music. Their highlight film began with a treasured prayer given by the brides grandfather. I love how they worked into the film the little things we did such as the wooden signs we made, her sister surprising her with cotton candy and her father tossing a "Rose Petal Bomb" into the bride and grooms face as they made their exit. From start to finish their work is exquisite! Everyone that we have shown the film to agrees.
They created beautiful memories for us that will last a life time.
Luminance Wedding Films responded with the following comments:
Thanks so much Shari for your kind review. That was a breath taking wedding to film. Literally...the altitude! ;) We had a blast filming Sean and Liz's wedding. Thank you so much for the opportunity!
Wedding: 07/28/2012
 505-301-1668
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire