Local Motion Entertainment

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Geoff was awesome to work with. He actually did a wedding we went to last year and we booked him based off his performance at that wedding. He is friendly, easy to work with and takes each detail seriously. He made our reception entrance run smoothly and played great music throughout the night. We highly recommend him!

Recently Married

Geoff did an amazing job at our wedding. Everyone was dancing and having a good time. We would recommend him to anyone.

Services Used: DJ

Geoff was an AWESOME DJ. I could not have asked for anyone better. He was so easy to work with, rehearsing how to pronounce everyone's names the week prior, and then again day of. His song selections during dinner were perfect, and he listened to all our random requests. We were lucky enough to wrap up dinner by 915, and had the venue until midnight, so he kept the party hopping all night. The dance floor was always packed, and everyone commented that the music was top notch and it was the most fun event of the summer.

Jessica
07/17/2015

Geoff and Grace were amazing. Very easy to work with, flexible, and were absolutely excellent the night of our wedding. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ for a wedding or other event. They exceeded all of our expectations.

Patrick
07/10/2015

Jeff served as the DJ for my wedding and he was phenomenal. I could tell from our first meeting that he was well versed in his craft while remaining very flexible and easy to work with. He was able to guide us through the ceremony and used his insight to provide valuable input in areas that we had previously overlooked. Jeff took the time to understand what we truly wanted and followed through on our wedding night. Jeff uses his experience to get a feel for the crowd and he played a big part in making our wedding a truly special evening.

jennifer
07/04/2015

My fiance and I were looking for the perfect DJ for our same sex wedding. It was one of our priorities! We did a little research and came across Geoff. I can't tell you how happy we were to have him be part of our special day. We first met with him about 18 months before our date. We sat down and discussed what the wedding would look like and our theme? From the beginning, it was never about a gay wedding vs. a straight wedding, it was about making our day as fun as possible. And a major part of the meeting was wrapped around the fact that we wanted to be dancing all night. We weren't going to have a sit down meal. Geoff embraced this whole heartedly. He knew then what we were looking for. So about 1 month prior to the event, we met again. This time I had a very detailed list of music and the genre, bpm, etc that we were looking for. Geoff knew exactly what we wanted and even offered several variations of songs that we could choose from. On the night of our wedding, Geoff handled all of the different parts perfectly. He had taken careful notes at our meeting and got all of our families together to walk out for the introduction. He was spot on with the entrance music. And honestly, I danced so hard all night that there wasn't a spot to take a break....he was that good! We even had a guest singer for one song and Geoff was very accommodating and helped him with the set up, etc. And since we were having a white wedding, Geoff also wore white! Many of my friends talked about what an amazing DJ he was. There is not one thing that he could have done better. He is absolutely perfect whether you are gay, straight, young or old!!!

Jennifer
07/03/2015

Geoff was so professional and helfpul throughout the whole process. He made the experience fun and exciting. I received many compliments on the music at the wedding. I would highly recommend him.

Recently Married

Geoff was a pleasure to work with and a consummate professional. He was more than understanding of our very specific tastes in music and inordinately long "must play" and "do not play" lists, and somehow made it all work on the day of. We were grateful to have found him and would recommend him to anyone!

Alexandra
06/27/2015

Working with Geoff at Local Motion was one of the easiest things about the entire wedding process. Not only was he entirely professional throughout the whole process, but he also very much seemed to "get" the wedding vibe that my husband and I were going for. He helped us with song suggestions and the overall flow of the night...from the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to the reception, introductions, everything! The sound quality was superior and Geoff knew exactly what songs to play to get everyone out on the dance floor - people were dancing the entire night which was our goal! I would absolutely recommend Geoff and Local Motion for any event and will hopefully work with them again in the future.

Sandra
06/26/2015

Geoff and Grace were a great team! Wonderful & warm party personalities! Engaged the crowd!

Services Used: DJ

Geoff was phenomenal as our wedding DJ. I don't normally complete reviews, but Geoff was so great that I needed to share our experience. Geoff played a great mix of older classic songs (that everyone of any age knows - think September by Earth, Wind, and Fire) and newer songs. He read the crowd super well. My now husband and I told Geoff that music was one of the most important parts of our party and we wanted people dancing the whole time. Geoff played the music that made that happen.

Recently Married

Geoff was fantastic to work with! He is extremely professional and kind. He listened to our vision and gave us exactly that. He kept us updated throughout the night and made sure everything was going the way we wanted it. His music choices were spot on. and everything flowed together effortlessly. I would absolutely recommend Geoff to anyone!!

Recently Married

Bill was excellent! He kept our guests on the dance floor all night long and choose music to go with what the crowd was into. Overall it was a great night and our reception went off perfectly with Bill's expertise moving us through the evening!

Marta
06/14/2015

Geoff from Local Motion is truly the best at what he does. He made the entire process so easy for us. He kept everyone dancing all night! We received so many compliments from our guests about how great he was. If you are considering a DJ for your event you have to call Geoff!

Services Used: DJ

Geoff from Local Motion is fantastic. DJs can really make or break a wedding. I've gone to events where the DJ was incredibly corny or unresponsive to what the couple wanted. That's not Geoff. Geoff met with us several times, listened to the music we wanted and came up with extremely good suggestions to our tastes. He was a great MC and helped make the night go absolutely perfectly. I strongly recommend hiring him.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Literally the most amazing DJ. All of our guests have been raving about the music and some already plan to use Geoff for their own weddings.
Also, our lighting looked awesome and made such a difference in the room.
Geoff was the most laid back, cool person to work with. We couldn't have asked for anything better.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor