Local Motion Entertainment

Local Motion Entertainment

Our tasteful, boutique-inspired style redefines wedding entertainment as you know it!

64 Thompson St.
Suite 103B
East Haven, CT 06513 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Geoff and his wife were absolutely amazing. I've been to weddings where guests have commented on a bad wedding but after our wedding my guests were saying what a great DJ we had found. Wish we could get married again just to hang out with a great team like Local Motion has

• Wedding: 12/07/2014
Brad
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Geoff was A+ all the way! He is extremely knowledgeable, organized, and very easy to work with. Our guests were loving the music, loving the flow, and he helped make the day special. There is nobody else I would rather have!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
Steve
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marco was amazing he did a wonderful job and was exactly what we wanted! I can't say one bad thing about the whole process with him. We had a hard time deciding on the music and he completely nailed it and created the best atmosphere for our wedding! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a Dj that's a genuinely wonderful person. He was so quick to get back to me with all my questions . I wish I could give him 100 stars instead of 5.

• Wedding: 11/07/2014
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Geoff was an amazing DJ for our wedding !! From our first meeting to the day of wedding Geoff was always in communication with us, We couldn't asked for a better DJ, His energy, his professionalism made for a perfect wedding, we thank you for making our day special!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My Husband and I could not be more pleased with Geoff and Local Motion Entertainment. He and his wife were a pleasure to work with, and our reception was without a doubt a huge success in part because of them.

• Wedding: 10/29/2014
Aaron
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Geoff at Local Motion was wonderful to work with for our wedding. He was extremely professional and very quick to email me back if I had any questions/concerns. The day of the wedding he played a good range of music and kept everyone on the dance floor! Guests are still saying what a great, personable DJ we had. I recommend you to book Geoff at Local Motion for your DJ needs, you won't be disappointed!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
Amanda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Geoff was the DJ for our wedding and he made the entire process easy and fun. We looked forward to meeting with him to discuss all the logistic - his enthusiasm was awesome and he was very professional. Our reception was perfect. He honored everything we requested and read the crowd so well. Guest still comment to us about how great Geoff was and how the dance floor was packed all night. We've been to another wedding with Geoff as the DJ but with a very different crowd and he kept the dance floor full there too. He truly know how to read the crowd and keep the party going! I would absolutely recommend Geoff and Local Motion Entertainment!!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Geoff from Local Motion Entertainment was awesome! Couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He knew exactly what we wanted for out wedding without having to give him much input.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Evan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Kevin Marshall from Local Motion to DJ our wedding and didn't give him much of a "must play" or "do not play" list. We let him do his own thing and he was great! People were on the dance floor ALL NIGHT up until the last song finished. He made the night memorable, fun, and played favorites for both our young friends and parents friends. Everyone enjoyed the selection.

We met with Kevin twice to work out all the details. The first was to initially interview him and the second to work out all our final details. Kevin's wedding worksheets made it easy to prepare and make all the final decisions and he didn't leave a single detail out. He is definitely a seasoned pro.

If you want a DJ that you don't have to write a playlist for and trust to make sure all your guests have a great time - call Kevin. You won't regret it!

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Geoff was the DJ and MC for our Waterview wedding last month. We cannot say enough wonderful things about him, his work, and his professionalism. Ultimately, Geoff set the tone for our entire reception and ensured that everything ran smoothly. Guests filled the entire dance floor (which is hard to do at the Waterview) and we were so sad to see the night end. Geoff has a natural ability to read the crowd, and get everyone up out of their chairs. He also has amazing presence and energy...he treated us like royalty, as if we were his closest friends. We would 100% recommend Local Motion Entertainment to anyone in need of DJ services. You will not be disappointed.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Geoff was amazing to deal with from start to finish. Our wedding was perfect-from the uplighting to the music choices.

We couldn't have asked for anything more!

• Wedding: 09/26/2014
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From our first phone call with Geoff I knew he would be the perfect DJ for our wedding - he was very easy to work with and really took the time to get to know us and understand the vibe we were trying to create for our special day. We had several meetings with Geoff over the phone and in person leading up to the wedding and he always presented as enthusiastic, interested, and truly excited about his work. It's clear that Geoff loves what he does and I never felt like we were just another couple in a long lines of weddings. The actual wedding day was fantastic and Geoff played a huge role in the day - from providing sound (music/mics) outside during the ceremony to helping things move along through the reception and reading the crowd throughout the night to play just the right music at the right time, Geoff was in tune with the event. I was finally able to dance with my 90-year-old grandfather for the last dance after which my grandfather stated he wanted to dance with one of my best friends...and then wanted to dance with my maid-of-honor...so Geoff played TWO extra songs after the last song which meant SO much to me - to see my grandfather on the dance floor was so special and I'm grateful that Geoff let that moment (2 extra songs long moment!) happen. We would highly recommend Geoff and am so glad he was able to be such a big part of our special day.

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A+. First, let me say that Dan Schmidt of Local Motion Entertainment in East Haven, CT cannot be more highly recommended- he made our wedding a blast! Not only was he fun, but also he was responsive, professional, enthusiastic, and extremely flexible. He even set up a wireless microphone and speaker for the ceremony at the drop of a hat with less than 24 hours’ notice! My wife and I couldn’t be happier with Dan.
Since first connecting with Dan (recommended by a friend), he was a great communicator and made the whole process fun. He started to understand us as a couple as well as our preferences for how the wedding night would go from the outset. Dan was an excellent coordinator of the whole night and helped set the pace and tone for the reception while also being very flexible and “reading” the guests. He asked all the right questions and was extremely professional. His years of experience in this business really shined through, not something I could say about other DJ’s at other weddings.
Finally, the music was awesome! Great quality, great value, and awesome extra dance floor lighting- totally worth it. He did a perfect job playing our requests, staying out of the spotlight and letting the music do the talking, as well as making announcements throughout the night. I highly highly highly recommend Dan and all the local motion entertainment crew.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bill was awesome! He made our wedding night the best party we could have asked for. He was a true professional and ran the show without a hitch. All of our guests even commented how good the DJ was and how it was the most fun they'd had in a long time. Bill kept the dance floor going until the lights came on, ran the ceremony, introductions, and everything else perfectly.

Bill incorporated everything we wanted in the evening, and also chose a great mix of music to keep the whole room interested. I'd hire him again in a heart beat.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Geoff was great, went above and beyond- playing our song requests and also mixing in some others to keep everyone on the dance floor. Everyone was happy and so were we. Thank you so much for making (to us) the most important part of the wedding go by smoothly and for such a good time!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Dana
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Geoff was an amazing dj. He made our wedding a fantastic party, playing music that brought everyone to the dance floor. He was so easy to work and such a fun guy. I would strongly recommend anyone looking for a dj to hire Local motion entertainment. You won't regret it!

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
203-468-6684
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards