L'Mode Bridal by Multiple Award Winning Designers

L'Mode Bridal by Multiple Award Winning Designers

Custom Couture and Wedding Gown Alteration Specialist

7216 Topanga Canyon Blvd
Canoga Park, CA 91303 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of the Brid...
Accessories: Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Undergarments, V...
Quality of Service:
(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I've never met Dorie Kong in person. I just sent her my measurement through facebook messages. I can't believe that my custom made dress is a PERFECT FIT! She is highly skilled in her field and I truly recommend her for tailoring your wedding dress.

• Wedding: 07/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dori is an amazing creator!! She took my Grandmothers gown, that both my Auntie and Mother wore and redesigned it to be Mine!! The Dress was MAGNIFICENT!! Truely one of a kind! She also added a great pop of color to my Bridesmades dresses and altered the back to match mine that laced up! I could not have been happier with my dress, Bridesmades dresses, hand designed Garter and a perfectly color pop matching Jacket that was created as well! The Pictures are the best reminder of the Best Day!!

• Wedding: 04/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dorie is a true pleasure to work with. She listens, is patient, gives recommedations...but lets you make the decisions. She does absolutely beautiful work. Her work is a mix of creativity and precision. I felt truly amazing on my wedding day! I will not hesitate to use Dorie again.

• Wedding: 09/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

L'Mode Bridal was wonderful. They worked with us at the last minute to provide excellent alterations to our daughter's wedding dress. They made a stressful time, calming and did it quickly and without flaws. I would highly recommend them for their service and customer service as well. Thanks from the mother of the bride.

• Wedding: 07/30/2011
Services Used: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot stop talking about Dorie! I absolutely love her!!! She is just amazing! She not only provided me my wedding dress, she made it from scratch. We planned it out together and she sketched out exactly what I wanted and I watched as my dress came to life on paper. She worked with my budget, and did not overcharge me for anything. She is absolutely amazing! I recommend her to anyone for any occasion. She made my wedding dress, and made my bridesmaids dresses as well. When my husband saw my bridesmaids and myself walk down the aisle, his jaw was just dropped. He loved all the dresses. Thank you Dorie!!!

• Wedding: 07/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I bought my wedding dress at a sample sale, so it needed to be altered quite a bit. Dorie Kong, the owner, did a superb job of basically re-constructing the bottom 1/3 of my dress and creating a bustle and sash. The end product looked flawless, and I could not have been happier with my wedding day look.

• Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

L'Mode Bridal did an excellent job on alterations on my wedding dress! Dorie added sleeves and a corset and the dress looked like it was made that day. She is very easy to work with. A bit pricey but as they say you get what you pay for and it was perfect!

• Wedding: 04/16/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dori was amazing! I'm so glad I found her on this website. I have already referred many of my friends; and my mom got her dress altered here as well. I couldn't have been happier with the service. My dress looked amazing! I received so many compliments on my dress. Thank you so much!

• Wedding: 09/25/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I took my dress to Dorie to alter before the wedding after finding her review on Wedding Wire. At first I was a little shocked/disappointed/annoyed that it cost so much for a simple bust alteration, bustle and steam ($489) but after she finished the dress and I went to pick it up I could not BELIEVE how amazing she made my already perfect dress. I was sure my dress needed no alterations and the fact that she made it fit even better than before was a very pleasant surprise. The dress fit perfectly and the bustle was in line with the rest of the dress. It was ready to go on time and looked amazing on me. I would go back to Dorie in a second no matter what the price. She really does work miracles.

• Wedding: 09/05/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a dress purchased by family that was custom made but when it got to me, the top would not stay up and the bustle was not done well. It was a little too big too. I found L'mode on a google search. The website said that Dorie likes a challenge and that she could fix any dress and makes them too. Dorie made me comfortable almost immediately. She performed alterations on the dress that made it fit better and the dress looked great on our wedding day. Dorie got the wedding gown done in time and it was so much better than when I took it to her. Her prices for alterations were fair. Her work was professional and efficient.

• Wedding: 04/18/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dorie is a Magical Dress-maker and Wedding Gown Restylist. My wedding gown didn't fit me. It was 3" too tight. Dorie and her crew did some magic and it looked far beautiful than I could imagine. I was so worried and was on the verge searching for another gown. I was very lucky I called L'MODE before I made the move. L'MODE altered it to fit me and made me look like an angel. I looked 20 lbs lighter than the original design in the magazine. Don't be fooled by any cheap alterations seamstress. Acheiving qualtiy wedding gown alterations require profound skills. As this is my once in a lifetime event to impress and cherish my memory, I am so thankful to my friend Lysay for referring to me who had her wedding gown custom designed by her in 2005. Being said that I should have gone to her in the first place for having my wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses cusotm made by L'MODE. Dorie was very professional and very helpful working to benefit our interest. She did not try to convince me to buy another gown and she helped me to revamp the existing gown to help me to save thousands of dollars. I am very appreciative for her genuie interest helping me who was in desparate needs and met my deadline. I had a great experience working with Dorie and her crew members. If you need wedding gown custom made to fit you and worries free, Dorie is the one you should consult with. Or you should at least bring the wedding gown to L'MODE for the final adjustments and custom fit before the wedding day. Dorie, I can't say enough THANK YOU!

• Wedding: 08/09/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love my dress! The people at the shop were very kind and helpful. Best of all they were not pushy and gave me the time I needed to decide on a dress! They never made me feel pressured or rushed. I would recommend them to anyone

• Wedding: 04/17/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dorie Kong is my super hero! She made my dream wedding dress come true. Not only is she darling and a pleasure to work with, she is incredibly talented. She has the gift to visually perceive the way a garmet will best accentuate your body~ complimenting you most fashionably!
she is working around the clock. Answers phone calls 24 hrs. a day~ She is flexable and accomodating. reliable, professional, and most reasonable. Soft spoken, she listens, and pays 100% attention to what she is doing.
I first had the pleasure of meeting her, discovering her great services: a year ago, summer of 2008 when she custom made a bridesmaid dress, for me to wear in my best friends wedding. With 7 of us in the bridal party, All turned out to be stunning.
The night before by friends wedding, she was with Dorie~ who was fixing her gown, from another seamstresses "bad alteration" I couldn't believe her ease, working with a frantic bride. She worked some true magic with in minutes. Accepting the job most gracefully!
So when i purchased my wedding gown, off the rack SAMPLE and had the lady at the bridal shop (won't mention where i bought it) begin alterations~ I quickly returned to pick it up...She was butchering it!
It should have gone first to Dori!
She found time to re-create my gown, 1 week before my big day! My dress was more beautiful than i could have ever imagined! It was not cheap, but it WAS reasonable. Considering the amount of work and the time frame~ the outcome was priceless! She did EVERYTHING under the sun to perfect it! My dress and I were stunning!!!
Not only is she the BEST seamstress around, Ive been to many...Nobody, compares to her quality! She also gave me great advise for the type of heals i should be wearing. My vail, under-slip, jewlery, hair etc. without trying to sell my anything. She just had my best interest in mind. This is rare, and i believe it's hard to find.
I'll back up my story with photos, just contact me! If I could I would write her name in the sky, and refer her to Every body. Any one needing an alteration, or custom wedding gown, DORIE KONG IS THE ONE!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding gown was originally altered at a big bridal store that I purchased from. It was a nightmare. While I was shopping for another wedding gown at Los Angeles, I met an acquaintance in the bridal store, she referred me to L'MODE. I am very thankful to this stranger.

Dorie had saved my life. She had my wedding gown revamped and miraculously finally adjusted to fit me. Best of all, with her magic touch, it made me look flattering and as if I had lost 10 lbs instantly. What a life saver Dorie was.

I would recommend her service to brides who need minor or major alterations work done. Believe me, you may save hundreds and hundreds and could be thousands of dollars working with the right professional.

By the way, she custom made one-of-a-kind gowns too. She is an award winning designer as well. Dorie told me she enjoys doing wedding gown alterations for the final finishing touches than any other department. I had a great experience working with Dorie and her crew.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
sasa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dorie Kong is an amazing dress maker and woman. She cares so much about each person she helps. All I had to do was take her a picture of a dress idea and she drew an amazing picture of the perfect dress for my wedding. She also succeeded at making amazing dresses for my bridesmaids. They all looked beautiful. If I ever need a dress made in the future I will go no where else but to her.

• Wedding: 09/28/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dorie is an amazing wedding gown maker. I had my wedding gown customized to my specifications. I am happy with the result turned out. No extra charges on alterations although I had lost a significant of weight before the wedding. It's well worth spent the money considering it's one-of-a-kind, master piece of wedding gown. No regret! Happy happy. Best of all, my husband was very impressed when I walked down the aisle. That matter the most. I would recommand brides-to-be to Dorie.

• Wedding: 08/15/2007
714-343-9844
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment