Lin and Jirsa Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I loved working with their associate, Andrew and assistant, Karen. From the beginning, they were very easy to get a hold of and work with. There were a lot of emails going back and forth to get exactly what my husband and I wanted and they responded very quickly. On the day of our shoot, they made us feel so comfortable. They told us it would take a couple weeks to get the pictures to us so I was shocked it have the pictures in just a few days. They said it was a slow time for weddings and such. our pictures turned out so beautiful! I would love to work with this vendor for any upcoming event and I would highly recommend this vendor.

Services Used: Photography

We worked for months to pull off one of the greatest moments of our lives... Our wedding day. But this wasn't just any wedding... We were having a flash wedding... Surprise! Not a single person besides ourselves and our planners were aware of these plans. So to have such amazing photographers capture every moment was crucial. We were incredibly fortunate to have an amazing team with us. "One take Timmy" Tim, our lead shooter, not only gave us amazing photos but he was engaging, professional and enthusiastic throughout the day. He was willing to run around, sit in the middle of traffic or lay down on the streets of LA to make sure he got the shots. He was just phenomenal. Not only did we have a great first shooter, we had two equally fantastic LJP team members with us to capture everything. Andrew was our second shooter and Karen our lighting assistant. These two were everywhere! Making sure to capture moments that we may have missed and find the perfect setting for photos. This team not only came early but they stayed late to make sure they caught all the greatest moments of our wedding day and night. We were very lucky to have a team who knew how to handle a very excited group of unsuspecting guests who truly love photos of themselves and a happily overwhelmed couple of newly weds on a most memorable day. Thank you Tim, Andrew and Karen for capturing all the precious moments of our flash wedding day. You really are wonderful people who've made a newlywed bride incredibly happy. Thank you thank you

Tracey
09/13/2014

Lin and Jirsa's team does amazing work! Our photos for our wedding and our engagement pictures turned out beautifully! We will forever have beautiful memories of our special day thanks to Lin and Jirsa!

Services Used: Photography

Lin and Jirsa are amazing! Their photos are not your traditional wedding photos, which was very appealing to my husband and me when we were looking for a wedding photographer. They are creative; modern and they focus on the post-production of the pictures, which is what sets them apart from all the other photographers out there. Our photographers were Tim and Emily and they did a fabulous job! Everyone was so helpful during the process- From Jackie the Studio Manager, to her Assistant Kaylee and the whole post-production team. It was such a pleasure working with everyone.

Services Used: Photography

After reviewing several photographers and speaking with many on the phone, we chose Lin & Jirsa for our in person interview. We requested a photographer who not only had experience filming Persian ceremonies (my mom is Persian), but Persian-American weddings. Matthew was recommended to us. We met with Matt and hit it off instantly. He was very laid back, had an impressive portfolio, plenty of experience and could tell exactly what we were looking for. We had already shot our engagement photos so we were a bit worried about how working with him for the first time on the day of the wedding would be, but we had nothing to worry about! Matt and Leujay were amazing and did a wonderful job shooting the details of our wedding. Some of the shots were absolutely breathtaking! The editing was great and we received our pictures within a month. All of our friends and family have commented on how amazing our wedding photos are! Everyone we've worked with at Lin & Jirsa have been accommodating and a pleasure to work with. After the wedding, aside from a new spouse, amazing memories and some new bling, all you have left are your pictures. Even if you skimp on other things, don't skimp on the photographer! You won't regret it!

Services Used: Photography

When we were deciding who to choose for a photographer Lin and Jirsa's photos kept popping up on our searches. When we met with Pye Jirsa he was so fun and easy going we knew we had found our photographer. From the engagement photoshoot to the wedding portraits Pye and his team couldn't have done any better. My husband is not the most comfortable in front of the camera but, Pye's laid back yet professional personality got my husband to loosen up and as a result our wedding photos were outstanding. They really understood our personality and let that shine through, the result are photos that are more beautiful than I can even remember the wedding being. Our guests continue to be impressed with the photos they've seen. Lin and Jirsa are a great value as well, they may initially come in higher than other photographers but, the fact that a lighting assistant is included in the pricing makes all the difference. The angles and light that were captured were unbelievable. At the end of the day you don't have to pay for extra editing or retouching because the way that they shoot the photos in the first place it is not needed. Thank you Pye for capturing our big day so well!

Services Used: Photography

There are many packages and that may be a bit overwhelming at first but after you sit with their sales rep and she explains everything you can pick and choose what it is that you want. Don't feel pressured to stick the the package - do what you want it's your wedding.
If you are doing a wedding on a budget this vendor is not for you. They are very expensive and the photo books are extremely expensive. But you get what you pay for. In my eyes, I splurged on this category and it was worth it.
L&J have many photographers they work with, they will assign you to one or two based on your package, my suggestion is that you look at a handful of pictures and shots you like, ask who took the shot, and if there is a common trend then Request that photographer.
Our photographers were Matt and Maria and I thought their shots were the best.

Services Used: Photography

This team brings a lot of talent to its clients. The photography is amazing and breathtaking. They're very friendly so it doesn't make you feel awkward or uncomfortable. Great service! Highly recommend.

Services Used: Photography, Videography
Marissa
11/02/2013

Words cannot express how AMAZING Lin and Jirsa Photography is. I wish I could give them 10 stars! Their photos speak for themselves how talented they are and more importantly, how professional and wonderful they are to work with. My husband and I agreed how wedding photography was very important to us and really made sure we hired the best.

We first met with Justin Lin, one of the Master Photographers, and we all automatically clicked at our initial meeting. Not only were we looking for someone who was a great photographer, but we also wanted someone who would make us feel comfortable taking a ton of pictures. We walked out of our meeting and without a doubt knew we wanted to hire them. We met with other photographers, and although Lin & Jirsa may be a bit more on the higher end in terms of costs (compared to the other photographers we met with), they are worth every single penny.

We were so happy to work with Justin and the Lin & Jirsa team. From our engagement shoot to our wedding day, we are in love with all our photos. Everyone was so friendly, professional, and great to work with. Our wedding was in San Diego with our ceremony at 11am. Justin and his team were there bright and early ready to work. We booked the 12-hour package and even though it was a long day and night, Justin was more than happy to stay a little bit longer to take a few more fun shots with our friends.

It was such a wonderful experience and we would definitely recommend Lin & Jirsa to everyone we know. We receive so many compliments from family and friends on how amazing our pictures are. Thank you Justin and the rest of the Lin & Jirsa team for capturing our lifetime memories!!

Services Used: Photography

Our photographers, Joseph, Joe, and Dave were the best I could have ever asked for! They were so professional I never had to worry about a thing. They were crawling all over the place just to ensure that each shot was perfect. Our day would not have been as perfect had it not been for Lin & Jirsa! I would definitely recommend Lin & Jirsa for your wedding photography needs!

D
09/14/2013

What can I add that everybody else haven't said on their reviews? One word sums up Lin & Jirsa Photography...WOW!

My wife and I just got married in September 2013 and Lin & Jirsa was our photographer of choice since the beginning. We found Lin & Jirsa by trying to find the wedding ceremony venue in the South Bay. The pictures that my wife and I saw were amazing on how they captured each frame with light, colors, scenery, and subjects.

Our main photographer was Joseph and he was professional, courteous, and artistic. We had our first session in March 2013 for our engagement photo shoot and we had a great time. Joseph guided and directed us to create "the moment" shots. As we shared our engagement photos with our friends and families, the common comments were "the photographs look great" And yes they did. Joseph was able to transform a dingy looking jetbridge into a "tunnel of love".

On our wedding day, we had a team of 3 photographers with Joseph leading the team. They were prompt and started immediately in capturing each memory. At the church, they were all positioned in the most optimal locations to record the ceremony and at the reception place they were integrated with the party to get the pictures.

We received the final pictures about 6 weeks after the wedding and the first word my wife and I said was "WOW!" Joseph and his team were artist in recreating the story of our wedding and the entire Lin & Jirsa production team enhanced the photos to make the story come to life. When our family friends, and acquaintances saw the final product, they were amazed with the quality of the photographs that Lin & Jirsa provided for my wife and I. Our cousin took our advise and hired Lin & Jirsa for their own wedding. We could not have asked for a wonderful, artistic team of photographers. We highly recommend Lin & Jirsa.

Services Used: Photography

The services provided by Lin & JIrsa Photography are exceptional! Though they might sound a little pricey to some of you but it does worth every penny you spend on wedding photography! My husband and I decided to invest big on wedding photos since these are the most meaningful things to look at after many years. We have shopped and interviewed for more than five photographers, and L&J's photos impressed us the most! Justin Lin was our photographer and he is very approachable. When we met him the first time, he seemed more like a friend than anyone who's trying to sell you their products. We were very impressed with his shooting and post-production techniques, so we quickly decided to move forward with L&J for their photo and video package.

From choosing locations, shooting styles, dressing styles, to even props, L&J provides clear instructions and recommendations so we can easily follow along. Before our engagement session, Justin met with us to discuss the locations and shooting styles we would like so there wouldn't be surprises to have some shoots that we don't want. On our engagement shooting day, because of the hot weather my husband had hard time smiling. Thank goodness! Justin professionally guided him and was able to shoot his most natural smile. We also got some romantic shoots so we can proudly put on as facebook cover page and wallpaper background. After our engagement pictures came out, Justin also kindly asked for our feedback for which photos we like the most and the least so he could do a better job on our wedding day.

Before our wedding day, Justin met with us again to discuss the wedding timeline, details, and important VIPs that we want to shoot so they can coordinate with us and would not miss any detail. We did not hire a wedding planner but we were able to learn a lot from Justin's experience. On our wedding day, my family and my guests were impressed by the L&J team since there were a total of 6 team members showed up to shoot o

Services Used: Photography, Videography

Photographers are amazing. When you hire them, you hire an entire team. Photographer, lighting, production, album designer, office coordinator. Matt was super mellow to work with, his eye for amazing pictures is unique. He has serious talent. Only thing I would say is may need to stay on track a little more, so busy finding amazing shots, sometimes we fell behind. Book them for 10 hours!!!!!

Services Used: Photography

I absolutely LOVE these guys!! They do amazing work and they were so good about moving around our guests to get the perfect shots, ALL DAY.

Our bridal party had a blast with them going from site to site and they found the perfect locations for us to use. And they have spectacular editing skills, so every image from our day was perfect. I would work with them again in a heartbeat!

Services Used: Photography

We knew that we wanted Lin & Jirsa to phtograph our wedding since we attended a friend's wedding several years back. In fact, they were the first vendor we called for availability and actually planned our date around them. We worked with Justin and he is simply the best! He sat with us for hours during our initial meeting and talked about cars, life, etc. He was in no rush to get us out and immediately felt like a long-time friend. Throughout the entire precess (meeting, engagement shoot, wedding, post production) Justin and his team have exceeded our expectations. We know of many people who didn't get their wedding photos for months after their wedding. We just got home from our honeymoon and we already have all of our beautiful photos! Now when I say beautiful, it's an understatement! The photos are perfect...everything we wanted and more! We have shared them with our family and friends and everyone keeps raving about how amazing they are. Justin and his team achieved a perfect blend of posed and candid shots, as well as classic and modern shots. They captured photos of everything, but were never imposing or in the way. Jackie and Maria are both awesome as well, and always respond to my emails quickly and in such a friendly manner. I can't say enough wonderful things about Lin & Jirsa and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer! Thank you all so much!!!

Private User
1+ year ago

INCREDIBLE!

I haven't even seen the final photos from our wedding, but from some sneak peeks during the shoots...we are CERTAIN we will be amazed.

These guys not only are the upper echelon of photographers (in terms of talent), they are just amazing people. It's clear from their website that they know what they're doing, and when you're actually the objects of the photo shoot, you understand that they are working magic through the lens. So easy to work with, so easy to talk to, so easy to love!

We want to get married more often just so we can have Lin and Jirsa again :)