Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning

VOTED THE #1 WEDDING COORDINATION COMPANY IN NORTHERN NEVADA~2013 BRIDAL CHOICE AWARD WINNER

4790 Caughlin Pkwy. 414
Reno, NV 89519 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Liane was a joy to work with. She always handles every detail and the events are incredibly smooth.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Liane McCombs is the most experienced, professional and genuinely friendly wedding coordinator I have worked with. Being a wedding DJ/emcee, I have worked alongside many coordinators and can honestly say Liane would be my first choice, for anybody's wedding, including my own. She has amazing attention to detail; she is never under-staffed (which happens often); and she and her staff are fully present and actually oversee not just the ceremony but the entire reception. Many wedding coordinators tend to drop off and disappear after things are set up and the reception starts-not Liane! She and her staff are there every minute, from start to finish. Furthermore, I know that if anything comes up, she can and will take care of it. Choosing Liane allows you to relax, enjoy and be rest assured that everything about your wedding will come together flawlessly.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do I begin? Liane was a godsend. After my husband-to-be and I decided to have our wedding in Reno rather than Charleston, SC., Liane was the first person I hired to help bring everything together. Due to my job in property management and my husband-to-be gone half the year as a firefighter, Liane was always there to help out. With Liane's guidance, my husband-to-be and I planned most of the major details six - nine months prior to our big day. Liane made all of the details of our wedding come together so smoothly and as a bride I didn't have to worry about a thing. Liane's wedding planning book was a huge help and there were many details Liane thought of that I didn't. If you are a bride to be and need a true professional, Liane should be the first person you hire.

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Liane and her staff were marvelous for our daughter's wedding at the Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort on August 16, 2014. I would highly recommend her! Liane helped with vendor selection for which all the vendors she assisted with were top notch! Additionally, Liane was always available throughout the planning process to assist with choices and help wherever and whenever it was needed. Since the wedding was being coordinated by our daughter outside of the Reno/Tahoe area, it was greatly appreciated that Liane made herself available whenever our daughter was able to visit the Reno/Tahoe area.

Thank you Liane for making our day so special and taking tons of pressure of the mother's of the bride and groom! Five stars are well deserved. :)

Julie Brand

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Liane was awesome as usual! Thank you for a great event!

• Wedding: 08/10/2014
Jeremy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Liane loves her work and the evidence is clear with every part of each event that she takes on.
Whether she is the program lead or given executional task as part of a bigger production, her planning, follow through and positive energy are the building blocks of success. We have worked with Liane and her staff several times and each and every case has produced a wonderful expierence for us and our clients. We look forward to our next event and would higly recommend her for your consideration.

Danny J
the Mixx
South Lake Tahoe

• Wedding: 08/06/2014
Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Liane as our "day-of" wedding planner. From the moment we met her she was professional and instantly proved to be an expert for all things needed in planning a wedding in Reno.
From quickly answering questions via email during the planning stage to leading our rehearsal the day before, Liane was awesome.
On the big day, Liane was right where I needed her at every moment (and always with a reassuring smile)! The day was perfect- if anything did go wrong, I didn't know about it because Liane and her team were on it. Every bride needs some help on their wedding day and I can't think of anyone better. A HUGE FIVE STARS!!!! Thank you Liane!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the pleasure of working with Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning for a recent wedding at the Nevada Museum of Art, and the couple was beyond thrilled with Liane's friendly and professional demeanor throughout their entire wedding day. As a photographer, having a planner with Liane's expertise throughout a wedding day is wonderful. Throughout a wedding day, Liane is there to make sure things stay on track and adjust the timeline as necessary so that the couple is happy - and that is so monumentally important. We absolutely look forward to working with Liane again in the future!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you think you can do this without a wedding coordinator, you are wrong. I double-dare you to go it alone without one, because we'd have been toast without Liane.

We had already picked out the venue, caterer, photographer, DJ, and florist, and we thought things would be smooth sailing without a coordinator... Nope!! Wedding planning is unbelievably stressful. Try doing this yourself, I dare you.... things WILL go wrong. Things Will be forgotten and your multi-thousand dollar wedding will be a letdown because you wanted to save a couple bucks doing it yourself.

First off, Liane knows everybody. We picked all the best people, services, and equipment for our wedding before we met Liane because we did a ton of research, but Liane was already on a first-name basis with them all anyways - so believe it when she tells you she's connected with the best of the best.

Deciding which color of flowers or tablecloths is the easy part. Its the outrageous logistics that go into planning an event like this which make wedding preparation so stressful - and Liane's on top of EVERYTHING!

Two days before our outdoor wedding, we realized that the weather was going to ruin everything. Liane has an in with the party rentals company... She had us on the phone Thursday morning with tent information - including lining, walls, lighting, size, placement, timing, decorations, and cost. Just a few hours later, was walking the site with the venues's manager and crew so they could take care of the necessary prep-work.

Come Saturday, our DJ from San Jose (friend) got stuck up in the mountains (weather). Our reception was ruined.... Nope! As soon as we got that news, Liane called one of her DJs right after who showed up 15 minutes later with equipment! Freaking saved the day!!

Liane is always there to comfort you! She communicates and responds often! She is the best! She takes care of all of the details you don't want to deal with! Do not go it alone! BEST WEDDING OF ALL TIME

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I lead the band Rolling Heads and did a wedding with Liane on 9/14/13. We've had every variety of experience with wedding planners and can honestly say that this was the best. She was on top of every detail without stressing out the bridal party or other vendors. The event stayed on schedule without feeling overly structured. From my perspective, it seemed like we and the other vendors stayed informed, and felt appreciated.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Liane and her team are great! They are very organized, have a beautiful vision, and make things happen! It was a pleasure to work with a company who is as professional as they are.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Liane to help with our wedding and went with the planning and vendor referral package. I was planning the wedding from out of state and she assured me that everything was going to work out just fine and it did. She always responded promptly to phone calls and emails with suggestions and answers to any and all questions. The day of she was invaluable. Cool as a cucumber, professional, and kept everything on time, in order, and calm. I felt like I had one more person behind me that wanted that day to go just as well as I did. Thank you Liane. Our day was absolutely perfect!

• Wedding: 09/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AS a Pastor I have worked with many wedding coordinators/planners and Liane is BY FAR one of the best I have ever worked with. She was fabulous in every way, and I wish I could work with her at every wedding--I definitely want to work with her when my daughter is ready for her BIG DAY:-) HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago

Review from PicBox Photo Booth Company:

Liane and her crew are great to work with. I know that my job is going to be so much easier when Liane is providing the coordination. One word I would describe Liane: Professionalism!

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
Pic
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was a pleasure working with Liane. She always responded in a timely manner, professional, and courteous. Liane followed through on what she said she would do making me feel comfortable that everything would come together perfect, and it did

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As the site manager of the Tahoe Tallac Association's wedding site, "Valhalla" at South Lake Tahoe, I have worked with Liane for 5 years and I would highly recommend her services.

Carolyn Grubb
Association Coordinator
Tahoe Tallac Association
530-541-4975

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning responded with the following comments:

We always enjoy each and every wedding at the fabulous VALHALLA! This historic venue, situated right on the shores of pristine Lake Tahoe, it is the perfect place to be married!

• Wedding: 02/01/2013
775-786-1730
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards