Kloc's Banquet & Garden

1 Review
[Private]
0.0

WEDDING COORDINATOR NEVER SHOWED UP FOR OUR APPOINTMENT TO TOUR THE VENUE

About an hour later I received a voicemail from Joe Kloc briefly apologizing for the situation, but mostly blaming the tardiness of the "funeral group" (whom had an event scheduled to end at 130) as the reason for the blatant no show from Kevin.

Joe Kloc, how difficult is it to pick up the phone and let our appointment know that you are running behind and perhaps need to reschedule? Being in the event & service industry, you should have the forethought and expertise to contact your appointments should a conflict arise. What you did (or more accurately didn't do) is incredibly unprofessional, irresponsible and disrespectful.

I am annoyed that they tainted our weekend, but I am perhaps even more HORRIFIED that they blamed their faux pas on their GRIEVING guests. This was not their fault, this was not our fault, this was KLOC'S FAULT. Is this how they really value their guests???

They are clearly not the upscale venue I once thought they were. I am thankful that they chose to expose their true colors prior to us investing thousands into their undeserving business.

THE KICKER -- I posted this review on the Kloc's Grove Facebook page: It was removed within MINUTES. I noticed they do not use a star rating on their Facebook. They simply remove posts from guests who are less than satisfied. This is VERY MISLEADING. It seems as though they cannot handle any negative press nor deviation from the plan in general.

Private User
1 Review
[Private]
0.4

WEDDING COORDINATOR NEVER SHOWED UP FOR OUR APPOINTMENT TO TOUR THE VENUE

About an hour later I received a voicemail from Joe Kloc briefly apologizing for the situation, but mostly blaming the tardiness of the "funeral group" as the reason for the blatant no show from Kevin.

THE KICKER -- I posted this review on the Kloc's Grove Facebook page: It was removed within MINUTES. I noticed they do not use a star rating on their Facebook. The simply remove posts from guests who are less than satisfied. This is VERY MISLEADING. It seems as though they cannot h

2.3

We had our wedding at Kloc's in August 2014. Unfortunately, there were a few things we were not happy about. First, Kevin told us he would be there all night to make sure things went great. As it turned out, we were pushed off on Connor so Kevin could attend to a bigger wedding. For most of the night neither one could be found. Second, not all our guests received wedding cake. I told the waitress and pointed out who did not receive any, but found out afterwards that she never did return with any cake to our guests (and there was plenty left to be served). Third, we had to take the house DJ. Unfortunately, music can make or break your wedding. He broke it. After having almost all of our guests on the dance floor for the first two dances, thereafter the music he played and his style of playing it sent people either outside or home. Plus giving him a "list of possible song options and genres" does not mean that you play that list verbatim. Be careful of what you are told and what DJ you "have to take". Unfortunately I cannot remember his name.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding here in June of 2014 and it was fantastic! Kevin handled everything, all the little details and any glitches that may have arose. He was so nice and always responded to any question I had. Mrs. Kloc came around during dinner to check on everything which was a great touch! We used John, one of Kevin's DJ's and he was also great! He played a good mix of music. The food was delicious and the setting was beautiful. I gave this 4 instead of 5 stars because of two things: One, after the wedding people said it was beautiful but couldn't hear our reverend very well over the waterfall filter (we had the ceremony at the pavilion). The second was some rudeness and attitude from Conrad. While we were setting up, cleaning up, and at the end of the evening, he just gave myself and my family attitude. Someone dropped some sand accidentally and he made a big deal about it. I wasn't sure which table I was supposed to use for gifts so I used the DJ table and he rudely asked me why I did that when he walked in. He made a comment that we just "helped ourselves" to the lights in the Garden Room when we had permission from Kevin to be there. Thank God for Kevin. He was so nice it made up for the rudeness we encountered from Conrad. Overall this place was amazing and I can't hold one rude person against them but someone should definitely talk to him about his attitude towards people in general.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding and reception there and it was more than perfect..Kevin and the whole staff knocked it out of the park from start to finish..Mrs. Kloc personally visited each table and made sure everything was perfect..and it was..great job and thank you!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

We had our wedding at Klocs Grove on September 1st, 2013 and had the experience of a lifetime. My wife and I started our search for a venue 18 months away from our wedding date. Klocs Grove was one of the first venues we saw. After meeting with Kevin I walked out of there KNOWING we were going to have our wedding here. My wife, the woman that she is had to visit more places “just in case” but after seeing a dozen more places over the next two weeks agreed that Klocs was heads and shoulders above the rest.
We live in Akron OH, but the distance did not phase us. Kevin made everything simple. He was so easy to work with and accommodated us with every single request – even allowing us to have a sparkler send off.
The day of our wedding was simply amazing and so much of this is due to Klocs. When we arrived, the facility was absolutely beautiful, our reception set up was flawless, and Kevin was on the ball! He helped arrange the bridal parties, coordinated the music, kept us SANE, and above all was absolutely professional in doing so. We also had our ceremony there. The grounds were perfect; the ceremony started on time and went without a hitch. And the most amazing thing happened: during our ceremony, two deer were walking through the woods behind us, stopped, and hung out for a while watching the ceremony. It was like a fairy tale – we couldn’t have scripted the ceremony better if we tried. It was absolutely perfect.
The reception followed suit! Kevin had everything coordinated and ready to roll without a hitch. We could smell the food cooking while the speeches were being made, and that just built up the anticipation for what was ahead: GRILLED NY STRIP STEAKS!! Where else are you going to have a wedding where the main course is Grilled NY Strip Steaks!? And they were delicious!! Afterwards, Joe Kloc, the owner and possibly one of the chefs, came out and greeted every table to make sure the food met everyone’s standards. Having a wedding here is a no brainer!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding in the garden pavilion last year in July 2013. From the first moment when we visited the venue I knew this was THE place for our wedding ceremony and reception. The place is very beautiful, clean and serene. Kevin, was very helpful and flexible with all our requests. During ceremony and reception everything went very smooth, service was great, food was good and all of our guests were having lots of fun. I am really happy that we chose Kloc's for our wedding venue! When we got our pictures from our photographer they looked amazing because of all the beautiful nature at Kloc's. I would recommend this place to a bride and groom who want to have a beautiful garden wedding.

1.5

Kloc's came highly recommended, but they were unaccommodating, rude, and forgetful. The dj that we were "required" to use was horrible, and played nothing but disco music for four hours despite our providing him with music that we wished him to play. Mr Kloc the eldest was kind and professional. Kevin, the manager, was so-so, and the youngest Kloc was rude, uncaring, pushy, prideful, and domineering over the details of our wedding to the point of immaturity. To give him more experience running things, they had the youngest Kloc do most of the operations for my wedding, and he was terrible. If at all possible, I would seek a refund. The services we received came nowhere near the price we paid.

The facilities were nice, and the food was good in the Main Hall, especially since they recently renovated it. But nice chairs and tasty food can't cover up poor attitude, poor performance, and a "my-way-or-go-somewhere-else" attitude with the staff. Had the younger Kloc not been a part of my wedding, my review would have been much nicer.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

These guys rock. The venue was beautiful, the food phenomenal, the staff even better. Thank you to Kevin, and everyone at Kloc's for making our experience exactly what we wanted. Have your wedding outdoors in the Garden Pavilion, you will love it.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There is only one word that can describe our experience with Kloc's...PERFECT! Kevin Buisch was the most amazing manager. He was extremely easy to work with. He was so helpful in every aspect. He gave us tips on how to do things during the ceremony that made things sooo much easier and more special. The staff set up all our decorations and favors and everything was exactly how I pictured it would be. The food was to die for!! I have never heard so many people rave about the food at a wedding. Mrs. Kloc was an absolute delight! She toasted myself and my husband, sat on my dad's lap and even fed my friend a potato!! We were in the outside Garden Pavilion and it was absolutely stunning! I had a few people tell me they felt like they were rich for a day because it was so beautiful and fancy there. The DJ was great! The dance floor was packed the entire time. I couldn't imagine our big day being anywhere else!!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Perfect place for a reception. Food was excellent, DJ was great and Kevin (manager) was a fantastic help throughout the whole process.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't think it would've been possible to have a better experience with a wedding venue. We had both our ceremony and reception at Kloc's, and everything was beautiful. Planning and coordinating with Kevin Buisch, the manager, before the big day was incredibly easy - he was very flexible and made sure that we could have what we wanted in every aspect. When we unexpectedly fell below our minimum number, he did what he could for us financially and helped us figure out how best to arrange the room and tables based on the number of guests. The staff set up our centerpieces and decorations exactly according to our specifications, Kevin kept the evening running smoothly, and the food was absolutely delicious. Even though there were multiple events on site that night, there were no problems with crashing. And Mrs. Kloc herself showed up to lend her support and love - what a wonderful family business! I would highly recommend Kloc's Grove to anyone looking for a venue in the Buffalo area.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kloc's was fantastic. Everyone we spoke to was helpful and courteous, and they were very flexible with our requests. There is a little delay in getting a hold of them (possibly due to the timing) and I wish they were a bit more flexible on payment options (My father wanted to put the open bar on a credit card, which wasn't an option), but I would categorically recommend them to anyone. The Garden Room, where we had our wedding, was stunning.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kloc's was just wonderful to work with. Kevin, the banquet manager, was great. Mrs. Kloc, the owner, even visited the reception to make sure the food and everything else was to our approval. All the guests raved about the food. The venue itself is beautifully appointed. We had the Garden Room and the patio outside was just lovely. It had a fireplace and heaters and our guests had a peaceful place to sit and talk outside. Would highly recommend Kloc's.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

Everyone I talked to after the wedding said the atmosphere was great. I couldn't have asked for a better place for my ceremony and reception. Kloc's was very helpful and such a beautiful place.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZING! Everything was just perfect!! We were in the pavilion and it was gorgeous. Everyone complimented how beautiful it was and how great the food was. Joe Kloc walked around to all the tables during dinner to make sure everyone was satisfied. Kevin was extremely helpful and great. I was so relaxed because i knew everything was running perfectly(and if it wasn't, it wasn't known to me) and going how it should. we knew right up front how much things were, we weren't surprised with any costs. Just perfect, couldn't have asked for anything better!