Kim's Cottage Confections

Kim's Cottage Confections

Durham, CT
860.349.2256
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Kim's cakes were really wonderful. At our wedding, we used individual cakes as our centerpieces. Kim decorated them each individually, and they all came out beautifully. She also let us choose 4 different flavors so that the tables all had a variety. The one thing I wish was that the frosting used was a slightly different color, but that's my fault for not providing a picture or swatch. Kim was pleasant to work with and very friendly. We definitely recommend her!

Amanda & Matthew
Recently Married

The flavors are amazing and just how we hoped- we cannot wait to have the cake delivered for our big day! Kim is very knowledgable and professional, helps you pick exactly what you want and will help design the cake to your needs

Recently Married

I had my December wedding at the Riverhouse in Haddam, and Kim's Cottage Confections is one of the two bakeries they deal with exclusively. The price of the wedding cake is included in the fees I paid to my venue, but I asked Kim for custom handmade snowflake decorations so there was an additional fee of $75 which I was very happy to pay. I sent Kim a picture of my dream wedding cake which I found on Pintrest and she did an awesome job replicating it on a smaller scale since my cake was only 3 tiers. She was also very accommodating when I asked if my fiance and I along with both of our parents could come in for the cake tasting making 6 people in total. It was a fantastic experience and her cakes are as delicious as they are beautiful to look at. I also ordered custom decorated chocolate covered pretzels as my wedding favors for guests. I got 120 bags with two pretzels in each and they were gorgeous and again delicious (also I think they were reasonably priced). There wasn't a single pretzel bag left behind by my guests and I even had several guests ask me where they came from because they were so good! All in all I am extremely happy with both my cake and my pretzel favors - I would highly recommend Kim to anyone in the area!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

Kim came as an optional baker as part of my wedding package with the Society Room of Hartford, and omg that was the most amazing and delicious cake ever! All of our guests loved the cake too! So grateful! There was no way the top layer was getting frozen and saved for a year. That would be an insult to such a tasty cake. Can you tell we love cake? Kim is just so talented and made such a cute personalized cake that was just beautiful with some geeky touches, a little Star Wars and a little Final Fantasy. We are absolutely ordering from her again. We can't wait for our anniversary to order a little cake from her.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We selected Kim's to create our wedding cake out of three possible preferred vendors of our venue. Kim's flavors are DELICIOUS! We selected the apple spice cake with toasted walnut buttercream. It was unique, moist, flavorful, and not at all your "average wedding cake". Guests actually called us to ask where our cake was from because they loved it so much! The outside was beautiful too - exactly how we envisioned and what we asked for. We cannot wait to eat our topper on our 1-year anniversary!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

The cake Kim made for us was not only gorgeous but delicious, She listened to our requests and made it classy with sparkle. The tasting gave us an opportunity to try multiple flavor combinations which led to alternating layer flavors for our cake. It was moist and delicious, Everyone enjoyed eating their slice.

She was also responsive and accommodating to working with us to drop off our cake topper while she was on "vacation". Great service.

Vanessa
05/10/2014

Love our wedding cake! It was so beautiful, elegant, and tasty! Thank you so much for such a divine creation!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
3.2

Had our wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan and used this vendor to provide a cake which was primarily for display and not as the main dessert. Thank goodness because it did not taste great. It did come out looking just as I wanted and served its purpose for display and cutting. The vendor was not very quick to respond to emails, had to email a few times before getting thorough responses. To be fair, since this was a cake provided not as main dessert there may not have been such a priority on customer service.

Susan
02/08/2014

Amazing cake - right on the money with the style we asked for!

Nicole
11/29/2013

Kim created exactly what we were looking for for our Wedding! We had several different cakes,and they were all beautiful. Amongst the cakes we had 3 different flavors happening, and our guests were pleasantlyu surprised. Typically, not many people have much to say about the cake at weddings... but we received so many complements, and everyone said that cake was delicious. Aesthetically the cakes were perfect, and they tasted great and were perfectly baked.. moist and delicious. Kim was also very accomodating in regards to the cake sizes, etc and the stands that we wanted to use... she was wonderful to work with. Everyone at the shop was so friendly as well, I would highly recommend Kim's Cottage Confections.. thank you so much for everything!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Kim's cakes are the best! So moist and flavorful and the variety we were able to have at our wedding is something we haven't seen before. We had 3 different types at our wedding and had both cake and cupcakes. Kim was willing to work with us to create the perfect cake and really knows what she is talking about. Her recommendations were perfect and we ended up with the perfect wedding cake that we still receive complements on over a year later.

We would recommend her to anyone looking for the perfect cake for their big day.

Thanks for everything Kim!

- Doug & Stephanie

0.0

My wedding was October 12, 2013. At the very beginning of this year I met with a representative from Kim's cottage confection. At the time I wasn't sure exactly what I had wanted. We did a rough estimate of what the cake would look like. Shortly after that I emailed Kim a picture of a cake I found and gave her details as to what I would like my cake to have. My cake was to be a 4 tier cake with grey ribbons, edible bling, and purple calla lillies cascading down. 3 days before my wedding Kim asked me to again email her the picture. Now the picture was only showing her the lay out of the cake, so once again I gave instructions on what needed to be done differently to my cake. The day of my wedding I received a cake that was completely white. No calla lillies. No grey bows. No edible bling. This cake was boring, and looked cheasy. It had white bows with the strings of cheap looking bling that she uses on most of her cakes. My guests even commented on how corny the cake looked and were shocked to think I would actually order something like this. The day after my wedding I nicely asked Kim why was it that I ended up with this cake. She blamed me saying I did not keep in contact and she had deleted every email I had ever sent her describing what my cake was to look like. She has no customer service skills what so ever. She never apologized for ruining my dream cake nor did she offer any money back. This woman is rude and has no business making wedding cakes. DO NOT GIVE HER YOUR BUSINESS, SHE WILL ONLY RUIN EVERYTHING! Kim, I hope you are reading these comments because you should be ashamed of yourself

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was amazing! The best part about it: 1.) It was funfetti cake 2.) The price was included with our wedding venue. The girls there were very helpful with choosing the right style and tier's for our cake. We didn't want fondant and they were very susceptible with our choice. Go with the butter-cream and you won't be disappointed!

1+ year ago

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! Our venue provided the cake, but they gave us a few options. We loved the cakes we tasted and decided to go with Kim. Our cake was delicious! We had so many compliments on our cake. The dance floor cleared out because everyone was enjoying the cake :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I learned of Kim's Cottage Confections through my venue. The cake tasted as amazing as it looked. The actual cake was twice as beautiful as what I had imagined when we designed it at the tasting. I was extremely pleased when I saw it for the first time when I walked into my reception room. I highly recommend Kim's Cottage Confections!

1+ year ago

We used Kim's cottage confections for our June wedding at the Riverhouse in Haddam, CT. The cake was absolutely delicious! My only gripe was that we paid extra for colorful Plumeria flowers to be added to the cake, and were really disappointed in the amount of flowers (there was only about 10), and coloration. We wanted bight, bold orange, pink and yellows, and got boring pastel colors. If you are going for taste over appearance, then Kim's is a good choice.