Kim's Cottage Confections

Kim's Cottage Confections

Durham, CT
860.349.2256
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The cake Kim made for us was not only gorgeous but delicious, She listened to our requests and made it classy with sparkle. The tasting gave us an opportunity to try multiple flavor combinations which led to alternating layer flavors for our cake. It was moist and delicious, Everyone enjoyed eating their slice.

She was also responsive and accommodating to working with us to drop off our cake topper while she was on "vacation". Great service.

Nicole
11/29/2013

Kim created exactly what we were looking for for our Wedding! We had several different cakes,and they were all beautiful. Amongst the cakes we had 3 different flavors happening, and our guests were pleasantlyu surprised. Typically, not many people have much to say about the cake at weddings... but we received so many complements, and everyone said that cake was delicious. Aesthetically the cakes were perfect, and they tasted great and were perfectly baked.. moist and delicious. Kim was also very accomodating in regards to the cake sizes, etc and the stands that we wanted to use... she was wonderful to work with. Everyone at the shop was so friendly as well, I would highly recommend Kim's Cottage Confections.. thank you so much for everything!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Kim's cakes are the best! So moist and flavorful and the variety we were able to have at our wedding is something we haven't seen before. We had 3 different types at our wedding and had both cake and cupcakes. Kim was willing to work with us to create the perfect cake and really knows what she is talking about. Her recommendations were perfect and we ended up with the perfect wedding cake that we still receive complements on over a year later.

We would recommend her to anyone looking for the perfect cake for their big day.

Thanks for everything Kim!

- Doug & Stephanie

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was amazing! The best part about it: 1.) It was funfetti cake 2.) The price was included with our wedding venue. The girls there were very helpful with choosing the right style and tier's for our cake. We didn't want fondant and they were very susceptible with our choice. Go with the butter-cream and you won't be disappointed!

1+ year ago

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! Our venue provided the cake, but they gave us a few options. We loved the cakes we tasted and decided to go with Kim. Our cake was delicious! We had so many compliments on our cake. The dance floor cleared out because everyone was enjoying the cake :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I learned of Kim's Cottage Confections through my venue. The cake tasted as amazing as it looked. The actual cake was twice as beautiful as what I had imagined when we designed it at the tasting. I was extremely pleased when I saw it for the first time when I walked into my reception room. I highly recommend Kim's Cottage Confections!

1+ year ago

We used Kim's cottage confections for our June wedding at the Riverhouse in Haddam, CT. The cake was absolutely delicious! My only gripe was that we paid extra for colorful Plumeria flowers to be added to the cake, and were really disappointed in the amount of flowers (there was only about 10), and coloration. We wanted bight, bold orange, pink and yellows, and got boring pastel colors. If you are going for taste over appearance, then Kim's is a good choice.

1+ year ago

Kims Cottage Confections did an amazing job on our wedding cake. Kim was fantastic to work with and the design of the cake was EXACTLY how we wanted it.

EVERYONE at the wedding commented on how fantastic the cake was. The cake was super moist and the frosting was fantastic. We had a chocolate chip cake with chocolate mouse filling and butter cream frosting.

The top layer of the cake was not included in the slice count so we cannot wait to have some on our first anniversary! 

I would DEFINITELY recommend Kim’s Cottage Confections!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Delicious and stunning! Our guests are raving about our cake from Kim's. It wasn't the typical white cake with white frosting - Kim gave us lots of choices, and we went with an applesauce spice cake with walnut butter cream frosting. AMAZING! The perfect, unexpected wedding treat! It tasted like fall, which is exactly what we wanted. Kim also took our special cake topper and placed it on the cake perfectly. She listens to what you want, and then makes it even better.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Delicious and picture-perfect cake! Kim was able to recreate our dream cake from a picture! It was unbelievable. Great attention to detail and stress-free!

Giuseppe
10/13/2012

Great tasting and beautiful cake.

4.7

Kim's Cottage Confections did an amazing job on our wedding cake! They have very tasty and affordable cakes and she is willing to make each layer to your specifications. Our wedding was in October and both of our birthdays were in May so we bought 2 different cakes with the layers we wanted in our cake to try them and we are glad we did! I would buy a cake again from Kim's!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was beautiful! Thank you so much for helping us create the most memorable day!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Kim was really easy to work with and did an awesome job on our wedding cake! Kim also did our favors for us (mini chinese takeout boxes with candy) and they were so cute!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Kim was awesome! She was so open to all of my ideas! My cake was absolutely amazing and looked exactly like the picture I gave her to work from! She was also so helpful with the ordering of our candy favors!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I would like to thank Kim's Cottage Confections for the best wedding cake ever! It was moist and delicious. Everyone loved it. Thank you!!!!

Georgann & William June 30, 2012