Kim's Cottage Confections

Flexibility:
 (4.4/5.0)

Sort By:

Nicole 2 Reviews
Kim created exactly what we were looking for for our Wedding! We had several different cakes,and they were all beautiful. Amongst the cakes we had 3 different flavors happening, and our guests were pleasantlyu surprised. Typically, not many people have much to say about the cake at weddings... but we received so many complements, and everyone said that cake was delicious. Aesthetically the cakes were perfect, and they tasted great and were perfectly baked.. moist and delicious. Kim was also very accomodating in regards to the cake sizes, etc and the stands that we wanted to use... she was wonderful to work with. Everyone at the shop was so friendly as well, I would highly recommend Kim's Cottage Confections.. thank you so much for everything!
Wedding: 11/29/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our cake was amazing! The best part about it: 1.) It was funfetti cake 2.) The price was included with our wedding venue. The girls there were very helpful with choosing the right style and tier's for our cake. We didn't want fondant and they were very susceptible with our choice. Go with the butter-cream and you won't be disappointed!
Wedding: 08/31/2013

Private User 6 Reviews
Our cake was beautiful and delicious! Our venue provided the cake, but they gave us a few options. We loved the cakes we tasted and decided to go with Kim. Our cake was delicious! We had so many compliments on our cake. The dance floor cleared out because everyone was enjoying the cake :)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I learned of Kim's Cottage Confections through my venue. The cake tasted as amazing as it looked. The actual cake was twice as beautiful as what I had imagined when we designed it at the tasting. I was extremely pleased when I saw it for the first time when I walked into my reception room. I highly recommend Kim's Cottage Confections!
Wedding: 06/22/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 6 Reviews
We used Kim's cottage confections for our June wedding at the Riverhouse in Haddam, CT. The cake was absolutely delicious! My only gripe was that we paid extra for colorful Plumeria flowers to be added to the cake, and were really disappointed in the amount of flowers (there was only about 10), and coloration. We wanted bight, bold orange, pink and yellows, and got boring pastel colors. If you are going for taste over appearance, then Kim's is a good choice.

Private User 6 Reviews
Kims Cottage Confections did an amazing job on our wedding cake. Kim was fantastic to work with and the design of the cake was EXACTLY how we wanted it.

EVERYONE at the wedding commented on how fantastic the cake was. The cake was super moist and the frosting was fantastic. We had a chocolate chip cake with chocolate mouse filling and butter cream frosting.

The top layer of the cake was not included in the slice count so we cannot wait to have some on our first anniversary! 

I would DEFINITELY recommend Kim’s Cottage Confections!!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Delicious and stunning! Our guests are raving about our cake from Kim's. It wasn't the typical white cake with white frosting - Kim gave us lots of choices, and we went with an applesauce spice cake with walnut butter cream frosting. AMAZING! The perfect, unexpected wedding treat! It tasted like fall, which is exactly what we wanted.
Kim also took our special cake topper and placed it on the cake perfectly. She listens to what you want, and then makes it even better.
Wedding: 11/10/2012

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Delicious and picture-perfect cake! Kim was able to recreate our dream cake from a picture! It was unbelievable. Great attention to detail and stress-free!

Giuseppe 4 Reviews
Great tasting and beautiful cake.
Wedding: 10/13/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Kim's Cottage Confections did an amazing job on our wedding cake! They have very tasty and affordable cakes and she is willing to make each layer to your specifications. Our wedding was in October and both of our birthdays were in May so we bought 2 different cakes with the layers we wanted in our cake to try them and we are glad we did! I would buy a cake again from Kim's!
Wedding: 10/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our cake was beautiful! Thank you so much for helping us create the most memorable day!
Wedding: 08/12/2012

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Kim was really easy to work with and did an awesome job on our wedding cake! Kim also did our favors for us (mini chinese takeout boxes with candy) and they were so cute!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Kim was awesome! She was so open to all of my ideas! My cake was absolutely amazing and looked exactly like the picture I gave her to work from! She was also so helpful with the ordering of our candy favors!
Wedding: 07/14/2012
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
I hated my cake. I wanted intricate details, even brought pictures to the meeting. The problem was I didn't meet with the person who was actually going to be doing the cake. I met with a part-timer who took notes. My vision did not get across to the person decorating the cake because it was horrible. What upset me the most is it obviously looked bad so why didn't the decorator see that it looked bad and add something to it.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I would like to thank Kim's Cottage Confections for the best wedding cake ever! It was moist and delicious. Everyone loved it. Thank you!!!!

Georgann & William
June 30, 2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding cake was probably one of my favorite things about the day. Kim's Cottage Confections had AMAZING flavors for their cakes and it was delicious! We decided to eat our cake topper immediately because it was so good and we are going to order another small cake next year on our first anniversary with the same flavors. Best cake I have ever had! The price was included with our vendor, I can't really comment on that aspect, but whatever it is it is worth it.
 860-349-2256
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire