Kezia Bacon, Wedding Celebrant

Kezia Bacon, Wedding Celebrant

Personalized, meaningful, & creative wedding ceremonies.

110 Stagecoach Drive
Marshfield, MA 02050 | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Religious affliliations: Agnostic, Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Christian (no deno...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Planning a wedding on a tight budget, we were hesitant to make the expense to hire Kezia, but rest assured our wedding ceremony was worth every single cent. If you're going to splurge on one thing for your wedding, let it be this.
As a same-sex atheist couple, we were nervous about finding someone to marry us who would give the type of ceremony we hoped for.

The thing that was so delightful about our ceremony was the specificity. We all know most of the wedding ceremony by heart and while I wondered if not having "in sickness and in health, for better or for worse..." would detract from the feel, it did just the opposite. Without the droll of a traditional ceremony, we found that special feeling that many ceremonies lack. As I stood at the altar and looked out at my friends, family, and, I'll admit, a few unfamiliar faces, I saw the love I was feeling for my wife in that moment in each and every single person's eyes. There wasnt a single dry eye in the crowd.

Whether you're looking for something traditional or something that's anything but,Kezia will make it special for you. We had say in every single step of the process and tons of help and guidance. Our ceremony truly set the perfect tone for the beginning of our marriage and every single person who came to congratulate us told us how much they loved the ceremony. I read this in the reviews, but I didn't realize how amazing it would feel until it happened. In case you are left with any doubt, here's a text I received from a friend the next morning: "We were so happy to share your day with you guys thanks for having us!!!! Your wedding was very very special and tons of fun... PS: one of the best and I lost count of how many we've attended!!"

Let me just say one more time, if you're thinking of hiring Kezia- do it! You absolutely will not regret it.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kezia was the officiant for our wedding in October 2014. We originally wanted a friend or family member to conduct our ceremony, but decided that we wanted all of our family and friends to be able to enjoy our ceremony. We wanted it to feel like the person conducting our ceremony knew us personally and we wanted our ceremony to reflect us as a couple. We are not religious, so we wanted the ceremony to be about us, our love story, and our idea of love. We chose Kezia to conduct our ceremony. We answered a long questionnaire, which she used to tailor our ceremony to us. She spoke about how we met, fell in love, and our proposal story. We wanted our ceremony to be humorous but to also show our love or each other. Kezia was able to accomplish this, making our guests laugh and cry. After the ceremony, multiple people asked if we knew our officiant personally, which is exactly what we wanted!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kezia was an absolute pleasure to work with during our wedding. She was extremely well prepared, organized, friendly, patient, creative, and helpful. She encouraged us to make our ceremony the perfect combination of the both of us and to do any traditions or anything outside the box we wanted. We had total control and she guided us every step of the way. She gave us homework and suggestions and resources to help us design the perfect ceremony. We received so many compliments from our family and friends that our ceremony was so special and intimate and that how amazing Kezia did. I would recommend her to anyone and will cherish our ceremony forever.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough about Kezia, she did a phenomenal job helping my husband and I design a wedding ceremony that truly reflected our feelings and personal style. She provided a wealth of knowledge for us and helped keep us on a realistic timeline with "due dates." She was always accessible and responded promptly to all of our emails and phone calls. If you are someone like me and want a spiritual, meaningful wedding ceremony without the constraints of a "this is how it should be" attitude Kezia will (without a shadow of a doubt) help you create it!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kezia is AMAZING! She worked with us to develop the entire ceremony script and we couldn’t be happier with the result! Our ceremony was perfect and so was Kezia! Kezia is a great public speaker and is very professional, organized, and just a kind and caring person. She always responded to my emails quickly and thoroughly and always asked how we were doing. I was really impressed with Kezia’s ability to get both my family and my husband’s family in place at the rehearsal and ceremony (because it can be like herding cats with my family at least), she really took charge and made sure everyone knew where they needed to be and what to expect on the wedding day- it was wonderful and really helped my stress level! At the ceremony she had all of the readings and each of the vows printed on separate sheets of paper so that we did not have to worry about bringing them ourselves. She also comforted me before the ceremony when my nerves were kicking into high gear (mostly about being in front of everyone, I hate being the center of attention). Kezia also made creating our own tailored ceremony easy because she has various documents full of different vows, readings, blessings, traditions, etc. that you can choose to incorporate and then she simply has you and your partner fill out a questionnaire and BOOM! She creates a first draft of your own tailored ceremony! When my husband and I read through the first draft together we both shed a tear, it was just so beautiful! Another reason why Kezia is amazing is that she also provides information about the marriage license, how to change your name, etc. She even sent us an email to remind us that the window for applying for our marriage license had opened, which we really appreciated! After the wedding Kezia mailed us a beautiful copy of our wedding ceremony with a sweet letter and small keepsake. We really can’t express how much we loved working with Kezia and how she made our wedding day memorable and absolutely perfect!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kezia officiated my wedding back in June and did a fantastic job! My husband and I wanted a lighthearted, simple ceremony that reflected who we are and what we value. Kezia's process helps identify these things and also makes sure you and your partner are on the same page in terms of expectations. We went back and forth a few times editing the draft until we were 100% happy with it, and on the day of everything went perfectly! We got a ton of compliments on the ceremony. Our guests really appreciated how personal it was.

Also, Kezia is incredibly professional! She arrived at the venue a couple hours in advance just to be safe and texted me to let me know she was there and everything was all set up. It was great to know there was one less thing to think about!

I highly recommend Kezia for anyone looking for an officiant who will work with you to create a very personal, sweet wedding ceremony!

• Wedding: 06/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kezia is AMAZING! She made our wedding ceremony better than we could have dreamed. So many guests came up to us telling us how unique and special our ceremony was (many said it was the best they've ever been to), and we owe much of that to Kezia's organization, ideas, support and delivery. She was very flexibly in accommodating our different requests and made the entire process from start to finish seamless. Thank you so much Kezia, we feel so lucky to have had you play this special role in our lives! We cannot recommend her enough!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We knew after our first meeting with Kezia that she was the right celebrant for us. Working with Kezia to create our wedding ceremony was exciting, educational, emotional and fun! Kezia was instrumental in helping us create a ceremony that celebrated our love, honored our commitment to one another, and captured our dreams for the future. When our wedding day arrived we were able to relax and enjoy the day, confident that Kezia would lead the ceremony with grace, charm, and a bit of humor! Since then we have received so many wonderful compliments on the ceremony, how very personal and unique it was. We would absolutely recommend Kezia, without reservation, to anyone who would like to create a special and memorable wedding ceremony.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kezia was wonderful. She helped us craft a meaningful ceremony and delivered it beautifully. Kezia gave us tons of resources for readings, vows, etc., which I found very useful. She then had us write questionnaires (separately!) about our relationship and used our words to craft the ceremony, so nothing felt forced or inauthentic. The ceremony felt very personal and was exactly what we wanted.

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kezia made our ceremony fun, personal and unique. We received many comments after the wedding praising the wording and pace of the ceremony. We highly recommend her!

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kezia was instrumental in making our wedding a low stress event. She is well organized and knowledgeable, and she guided us through the Massachussettts requirements, which was essential as we are Florida residents. Kezia made suggestions for our vows and ceremony which made both flow very smoothly. Throughout the planning process, Kezia was supportive and encouraging. I heartily recommend her.

• Wedding: 11/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kezia was amazing. She worked with us very closely to make sure we got exactly what we wanted.

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kezia did an amazing job. The entire process of working with her, from start to finish, was a wonderful experience. We found out about Kezia because she was the celebrant at our friends' wedding. We loved their ceremony. When it came time to search for an officiant for ours - she immediately came to mind. She provided us with a lot of useful information and options for planning the ceremony and was always quick to respond to our emails. She is also very personable and caring - there was a wardrobe mishap right before the ceremony and Kezia spoke with me to calm me down. She also did an incredible job performing the ceremony. Everyone was saying how much they loved it and how unique it was. We couldn't have asked for a better ceremony. We would highly recommend her!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I received many compliments about our wedding but the most consistent piece of feedback was for our wedding ceremony and how beautiful it was, and how genuine and well spoken Kezia is.

We can't thank her enough for creating a ceremony that seamlessly merged our two religions (Jewish and Greek Orthodox) and nationalities (American and Australian) into a thoughtful ceremony that was personal and unique, and exactly what we wanted.

My husband and I planned our wedding in MA all the way from Australia and Kezia effortlessly navigated time zones and wonky Skype sessions with ease and patience. We felt like she was on top of things throughout the process, which was a blessing for us when wedding planning got a little stressful.

A phone call the day before our wedding answered all the questions we had (big and small!) and made us feel really excited for the next day. We met her for the first time on our wedding day but we felt like we already knew her. She had our readings printed out and gave them to our family without us having to assist, and guided our guests with calm and ease.

We highly recommend Kezia for couples looking for a personal, unique and genuine ceremony.

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were married just two months and had an excellent experience with Kezia! When all the dust settles it is our very personal and creative ceremony that stands out for me as one of the happiest moments of the whole celebration! Creating a personalized ceremony can be a lot of work and Kezia really helped us break it up into manageable chunks and then pull it all together. In the end we were so happy with our unique and contemporary ceremony that also wove in elements of tradition and religion. Our ceremony was a big hit with our family and friends as well and everybody wanted to know, "how did you find such a great officiant?" From the beginning, working with Kezia was a pleasure and was one of the most organized aspects of our planning. I also really loved that she ran the entire rehearsal, provided all the readers with their own reading card, sent us a commemorative ceremony copy, and took care of all the official licensing paperwork - not having to coordinate any of that was a huge relief. Additionally, I thought Kezia had really great materials to choose from and get inspired by, which was unbelievably helpful. We were admittedly a little more focused on the reception when we began our wedding planning and over the months working with Kezia we got excited about crafting our ceremony together and were able to focus more of our energy towards that part of getting married. She was warm, enthusiastic and brought a positive energy to the ceremony that we loved. Choosing Kezia was definitely one of the best decisions we made and I highly recommend here excellent services!

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kezia was everything we were hoping to get out of choosing a celebrant (and more)!! We were drawn to celebrants because of how personalized and unique our ceremony could be. From the first meeting with Kezia, we were just blown away. She was so friendly, inquisitive about us, informative about celebrant weddings, and excited to work with us to create our perfect ceremony. We met with a few celebrants, but felt most comfortable with Kezia and knew right away we were going to choose her.

Throughout the whole process Kezia was very collaborative. She wanted to make sure our ceremony was very personalized and meaningful for us. Our "love story" went through several drafts to make sure it was exactly what we were looking for. Kezia also was very helpful with friendly reminders about deadlines to get feedback and ceremony decisions to her.

In the end, our ceremony was EXACTLY what we were hoping for. It was so meaningful to hear our love story in front of all our friends and family, and we received many compliments on it throughout the reception.

Kezia did an amazing job at every step along the way. We can't say enough about how happy we are with Kezia and would unconditionally recommend her to friends looking for a celebrant!

• Wedding: 08/09/2013
781-837-7093
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards