Kelly Prizel Photography

Value
Flexibility
Chelsea & Theresa
09/18/2014

My beautiful wife Theresa and I are a couple from New Zealand who travelled to New York to Elope in Central Park in September this year. Through reviews like this one we picked our incredible vendor team, so I feel it is so important for me to say that hiring Kelly Prizel as our wedding photographer was the best decision I made second only to marrying my wife. I found Kelly through her website 3 years ago and contacted her and continued to stay in contact over the years so I could 100% confirm that I could have her as our wedding photographer. Her responses were quick, clear and full of information. On the day Kelly was brilliant - she was stealthy, spontaneous and so much fun. Our guests loved her bubbly personality and her calming presence was ideal for us. Kelly is a true artist. She got us into all sorts of places and positions which ultimately paid off - the images are incredible, more incredible than we could have imagined. We are so grateful Kelly took us on board and we would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Services Used: Photography

I found Kelly two years before even being engaged because I ran into a beautiful wedding picture on the internet and it happened to be hers (of course!). I knew since then that if and when I got married, Kelly would be our photographer - even though, yes she was in CT and we were in PA. We loved Kelly from our initial meeting via Skype - she is organized, professional, creative and all around a great person to work with. Kelly has a perfect timeline that explains what happens when and on the day of the wedding she helped us not worry about the actual times and events (she took my phone and watch away :). We simply cannot say enough about what a great experience working with Kelly was. Our multicultural, multiple faiths, bi-lingual, gay wedding was beautifully documented and we will be looking for opportunities/occasions to work with her again soon!

Services Used: Photography

Working with Kelly was an absolute dream. She had tons of new ways of shooting. She thought outside of the box and completely rocked it. She is punctual, courteous, and completely professional. I am so glad she was part of my special day to document it and proud to be a subject of her artwork. I would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Services Used: Photography

I can't say enough great things about Kelly. First, she's just great to be around: sunny, fun, full of energy. This came in handy because I usually hate having my picture taken, but she made it a blast. Moreover, she's totally professional. She knew exactly how to manage folks at my wedding so they moved where they should be without even knowing they were being moved!

And most important, her photos are fantastic. Absolutely beautiful. Unlike anything I've seen from any other wedding photographer. You can totally tell her background is in fine art photography. I actually asked her to travel to my wedding in PA because her work is so original, and it was totally worth it. She captured the most wonderful images from our wedding. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Tim
07/06/2013

Kelly...I just can't say enough. She is a great photographer. She goes out of her way to capture the right photos and create your memories. It was a wonderful pleasure to work with her and her wife.

Services Used: Photography

If I could give Kelly 10 stars, I would. While her pictures speak for themselves, we decided to work with Kelly because she was so energetic, positive, and professional. My now husband is not a fan of having photos taken, but he was having a blast before he knew it, because of her warmth and ability to connect with people and make them feel comfortable.

Lastly, Kelly goes above and beyond what is expected of her, as a photographer. For example, she has shared stories of doing extra sessions with clients who are particularly nervous. In our case, because of a flash issue she was not able to capture an important detail so she later came to our house to take extra photos. I highly recommend her!!

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I are wedding photographers, so, of course, photography was one of our biggest concerns in planning our own wedding. We couldn't be happier with chosing to have Kelly shoot our wedding.

Not only is she just plain talented (seriously, check out her work. It's beautiful!) but she is a great business woman. She was very easy to work with, and she is upfront about her prices and policies from the begining, something we both really appreciate in a vendor!

On top of all that, she really went the extra mile for us. We were married in New York City two days after hurricane Sandy! Our wedding planning turned chaotic when we realized most everything would have to be re-planned because of the storm. We weren't even sure Kelly would be able to make it, because the bridges were still closed! Not only did Kelly make it, she got to our venue before us, because she left at 4am to make sure she could get to us in time. She stayed from us getting ready into our reception, getting photos the whole time. She was good at being very direct to get the shot she needed without ever seeming bossy or overbearing, and his parents assumed she was a very talented friend who'd agreed to shoot our wedding. They couldn't believe that our wedding was only the third time we'd met Kelly in person!

As for the photos, which are the most important part of hiring a photographer, we were SO happy! There's a photo of us we didn't even know she took, when we ducked out to take a walk around the block just after our ceremony, that hits us every time we see it. There is so much emotion, and it looks like a peice of artwork. And all of the photos were great. We had a very small wedding (13 people) and used the photos to show all those who weren't there what it was like. One day, we'll show the photos to our baby nephews and future kids. She captured exactly what it looked like and just how joyful it felt.

Kelly is awesome, and we would give her 50 stars if we could!

Services Used: Photography

I couldn't say enough wonderful things about Kelly and Natalie. Kelly's images speak for themselves. She has an amazing eye and her attention to detail is amazing. But, she also has a knack for bringing people out of their shells and seeing beyond the ordinary. We heart this team so much! Our engagement photos were spectacular, and we can't wait to see our wedding photos.

Services Used: Photography

Kelly was a central part of why our wedding turned out so magical. From the beginning she was like a photographer/wedding planner/friend, offering much needed guidance, advice, reassurance and sanity as we navigated the confusing waters of wedding planning. She was always so friendly, funny, smart and creative, it was a joy to work with her, and we felt like we really connected as soon as we met.

She is super organized and professional, and created a detailed document outlining the schedule for the day, down to the minute, that we relied on as our bible leading up to the wedding. On the day of, she was so on top of things I felt like I could relax knowing I was in capable hands. Because of her quick thinking and artistic talent, she got us into place just as a gorgeous antique train was pulling in, and the photos came out amazingly. When we saw our finished shots, I cried because they were so beautiful. It takes a really talented person to see what is most important about a couple and their family and somehow encapsulate that in photos. That's exactly what Kelly did. We will treasure our pictures forever, as well as our time working with Kelly. Thank you, Kelly!

Services Used: Photography

I could not be happier with Kelly Prizel! From the very first conversation, Kelly was a joy to work with. She has a great sense of humor, a fabulous eye and a sincere interest in making sure that your wedding and engagement photos tell the story of your love. She is easy to work with, flexible and worth every penny!

Services Used: Photography

Title: Memories Caught to Last a Lifetime!

Kelly Prizel Photography does amazing work. Kelly works with couples throughout the entire wedding process helping to alleviate all fears, etc. She also helped us to establish a timeline to follow. This helped us tremendously because we planned our entire wedding without the help of a wedding planner. Kelly's photos are one of a kind. She captures real life moments you will want to look back on for years to come. She floats around and gets the coolest angles in terms of the variety of shots. Most of the time you don't even know she's there. She makes you feel like your wedding is the best she has ever worked at and she truly enjoys her job. She puts couples as easy with her quirky, down to earth personality. She has done both same-sex and heterosexual weddings; excelling at both without question. She comes with my highest recommendation. Truly worth every single penny.

Kesha
09/03/2011

Wow, just wow! Kelly is just simply amazing!! We've never met anyone who was as warm, bubbly, and excited about her job! Kelly loves her line and work and it was an honor to be around someone so passionate and caring. Pictures last forever and you want a product that you cherish forever. Kelly delivers that product while entertaining you the entire time! Kelly is so AWESOME and we're grateful to have had the chance to work for her--in fact, we already miss her :( You can't go wrong with Kelly, we promise!!!!

Services Used: Photography

Kelly is simply AMAZING. I don't even know what else to say. Her friendly, quirky, relatable personality put us instantly at ease which helped us be relaxed and comfortable for engagement and wedding photos. It felt like having a good friend around, so we were natural and relaxed. Kelly's artistic eye is incredible, but at the same time, the photos are more about YOU than about showcasing her style and talent. Our photos are gorgeous and everything we wanted. Kelly was great at guiding us where we needed advice while pulling from us our own preferences and wishes. I can't recommend her enough.

Services Used: Photography

Kelly Prizel is and was - without a shadow of a doubt - a highlight of our wedding day and entire wedding experience. My wife and I started planning our wedding only five months prior to the big day. We had a window of time, and we wanted to make it work! Thankfully, we scheduled our nuptials on a Tuesday, and thankfully, Kelly was available!

From our Skype interview to swapped e-mails, Kelly was fun, light-hearted, professional, and SO HELPFUL. She was helpful about photography stuff AND about small wedding stuff. Most of our wedding was DIY, and we certainly didn't have a planner (yours truly acted in that role), so her advice was invaluable.

Kelly and her wife, Natalie, shot our wedding on an overcast day on Lake Champlain in Burlington, VT. They made us laugh, calmed our nerves, and helped us feel relaxed for photos we would look at for years to come. Kelly captured some of the most amazing moments that are *so perfect* for us to cherish. They show me being silly and Janet being sweet; and that's us. By the end of the night, I was ready to pack Kelly and Natalie in our bags and haul them with us to Hawaii and then back to Atlanta!

We cannot say enough good things about Kelly Prizel Photography. If I had one complaint it would be that Kelly and Natalie live too far away to grab coffee or lunch with on a regular basis!

Services Used: Photography

Kelly is THE BEST! Seriously, she was my favorite vendor and I just loved working with her throughout the entire planning process and having her and her wife Natalie around me on my wedding day. I was actually kind pretty excited for my friends and family to meet Kelly after I'd spent months describing her to everyone around me as "the most excited person I've ever met." Kelly's just genuinely loves people and weddings and that effect is contagious. I think there were definitely times while I was planning the wedding that she was more excited about it than I was, even!

We had one engagement shoot with Kelly about 9 months before the wedding, which was a lot of fun and gave us several creative images to use for our save-the-date postcard. Kelly then went above and beyond and had an extra "warm-up" photo shoot a few months closer to the wedding since we'd talked a lot about how my husband and I weren't really that comfortable in front of a camera still. It's almost funny how much more relaxed we look in the later photos.

On the day of, Kelly's arrival to the room I was getting ready in with my bridesmaids was a godsend as we ended up raiding her kit for supplies to finish the pinwheel bouquets (fashion tape can in fact be used as regular tape). All my bridesmaids loved her as well and when we were taking the group shots, nobody minded at all when she firmly but politely asked some others to stop taking photos of the group at the same time since it was making people look in different directions. She was never intrusive during the actual happening of the wedding, just snapping away and always moving moving moving to capture everything.
We got a preview of photos just a few weeks after the wedding, which already contained a ton of photos that I really loved, and then the full set less than 2 months afterwards. Looking through the 500+ photos made me love my wedding more than I had, particularly since it's rather hazy in my own memory.

I'm now talking my husband into ordering a wedding album with Kelly since our initial package didn't include one, partly just so that we can continue working with her. I hope to do family portrait sessions with her in future years as well!

Services Used: Photography

Kelly was by far our favorite vendor, and we loved all of our vendors. She is extremely talented and she delivered both photojournalistic candids and very artistic shots using multiple lenses. Plus this is someone you want to hang around with during your wedding day cause she's just an awesome person. She's also very organized and thought of things we wouldn't have on our own. My wife loved that she made sure we had time alone together to really take in getting married.