K. Holly Photography

K. Holly Photography

light-filled modern photojournalism

Palo Alto, CA 94304 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditio...
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution ...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding photos are an absolute dream! Kristen is an amazing person to work with and her photography is stunning. She is very professional and has a skill for putting you at ease, so the photos look natural and simply romantic. She also did an amazing job exploring our venue and finding beautiful back drops for our photos. I have received so many compliments on them!

I can't say enough great things about Kristen and her husband Jamie. They make a perfect team and their passion for photography is clear in every photo. It is clear that they have done many weddings because they were extremely professional and organized on the big day, and were ready to capture so many special moments that I can now save forever. They also set up an ipad at the reception with a slideshow of some of our photos from that day which was so great. All of our guests really enjoyed watching it.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gorgeous photos that we will cherish our entire lives.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We LOVE Kristen and K Holly Photography!!! To begin, Kristen was flexible with her packages and allowed us to choose EXACTLY what we wanted instead of forcing us to choose a package she had already created. From there, Kristen responded with a beautiful info package in the mail with a thorough questionnaire that allowed for her to get to know who we were as a couple and what we wanted as far as photography was concerned. Afterwards, most of our communication was through email and Kristen always replied within one day (usually within a few hours) which made it easy to check in, ask questions and get answers (even when she was moving across the country). Kristen never skipped a beat and had she not informed us of her move, we would have never known. The day of our wedding was wonderful. Kristen arrived on time and truly took charge (professionally speaking) but we hardly knew she was there ;). We were honestly surprised when we received some of the photos because we don't remember her taking the shots. We had a somewhat "difficult" wedding party and family and she was there to help calm us down as well as make sure all the pictures we requested were taken. However, Kristen managed to also capture all of the moments in between and those pictures are what truly tell the story of our day and show how we managed to find each other through all the chaos around us. What Kristen captured for us cannot be planned. It is something that only an experienced and true photographer can do. Kristen was only supposed to stay for 6 hours, but after our ceremony was delayed, she decided to stay later to meet the needs of our photo requests. This not only demonstrated her genuine passion for her work, but it also showed us her character as a person. We received our photos about 6 weeks after the wedding and could not have been more pleased. Thank you Kristen for capturing our day. We will hold on to these photos and memories for the rest of our lives!

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I have nothing but good things to say about Kristen (and Jamie)! We are so happy. Around Christmas, they sent us a little calender with a heart by our wedding day, and after the wedding they gave us a print of one of our favorite pictures. Such kind gestures! Truly a reflection of their kind and generous hearts. They made us feel so comfortable when taking both engagement pictures and wedding pictures, we felt that the pictures turned out very natural looking. It was fun to hear from our guests both that "the pictures were the best and most creative wedding/engagement pictures they had ever seen," and also that "they hardly remember seeing the photographers during the wedding because they weren't intrusive." K. Holly is fun, joyful, creative, hard working, and talented. We cannot imagine anyone that would be disappointed with Kristen and Jamie!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do I begin? Kristen and Jamie Carlson of K. Holly Photography are truly 2 of the most fabulous people we have ever met. We are so honored that they were a part of our wedding day. Our wedding photos are AMAZING. We continue to receive so many compliments on them. We, along with our bridal party and our family had an absolute blast having these photos taken. Even the previous year when we had our engagement photo session - my husband made a comment about how much fun he had. So did I! Kristen and Jamie make you feel comfortable in front of the camera - they captured who we really are. They just made it really fun, and stress free.
During our entire planning process - they were extremely responsive and professional which is huge when you are planning a wedding. We are so thrilled with our K. Holly experience - we would recommend Kristen and Jamie to anyone.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We feel incredibly blessed to have found K. Holly's blog years ago, and from the moment I saw her photography, I knew she was the perfect person to capture my future wedding! Kristen's photography is breathtaking and the way she uses light and captures emotions so raw, it's truly amazing. After we were engaged, we met with Kristen and her husband Jamie (and their new baby boy!) and they showed us hundreds of their recent wedding pictures to get a feel for what style photography we were drawn to. We were able to ask questions, get to know them, and gush on wedding details a little bit (Kristen has great style and seriously people-photographers go to HOW many weddings a year, ask for some advice!!). We met with them again for our engagement shoot in Kalamazoo and we were able to get comfortable with being in front of the lens (highly recommended!!). They are GREAT at talking you through the entire thing, giving you simple ideas that turn into amazing poses and great pictures! Throughout our year engagement we met with Kristen and Jamie multiple times to discuss details, photo books, etc., as well as the occasional cocktail :) By our wedding day, we were lucky enough to call them friends. They are extremely professional and organized, yet very personable and creative. We received compliments from an incredible amount of family and friends about how caring and genuine our photographers were. They were there to capture all of the "must have photos" and somehow were able to perfectly capture little moments I hadn't planned. From getting into the dress, first look, walk down the aisle, and all the way to the end of the night, they coordinated a lot of our schedule to keep us "on time" while feeling relaxed and in love. To say our pictures turned out beautifully is an understatement. We have had non-stop compliments regarding their work since the day our pictures were posted. Kristen and Jamie were by far the best choice on our wedding day! We love you guys! Katee and Casey

• Wedding: 08/18/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love Kristen and Jamie! I really can't say enough good things about this pair. Kristen created a wedding day timeline for me and took a lot of stress out of planning. They also did our engagement session and got to know us before the big day. Their work is perfect and really captures the day. We honestly couldn't imagine our wedding day without them.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved Kristen and her husband Jamie! Everything about then was so wonderful. They are so fun to work with and get to know you so that they can learn your style, which they will incorporate into your wedding day photos. We loved getting to know them as not only photographers, but also as friends. They make you feel so comfortable when shooting, everything is so natural. I highly recommend K Holly Photography!! The photos that they take are breathtaking, I love every photo of theirs I see! Our wedding pictures are everything I had hoped for and more, I was VERY pleased with them :) They made sure to capture every moment of our special day, and it has been a blast looking back at the pictures to reminisce. Book K Holly, I promise you wont regret it! We love you Kristen and Jamie!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Before we booked out venue, we KNEW we wanted K. Holly Photography to be our photographer. Kristen and Jamie are extremely talented and very down to earth people. Their photos continue to inspire us and we are thrilled that they photographed our wedding on August 20, 2011. We can't say enough good things about K. Holly photography. Truly amazing!

• Wedding: 08/20/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where to begin? Kristen & Jamie Carlson of K. Holly Photography are fantastic. Before my husband and I even got engaged, I knew that we wanted to book them for our wedding. We even chose our wedding date based on their availability! And it was a decision I would make all over again.

Kristen & Jamie are an absolute joy to work with. They are creative, fun, organized, flexible, and committed to making your wedding photos everything you ever dreamed they would be. They enthuse a wedding day with their presence, and have an uncanny ability to make you feel like you've been friends forever.

It's been five months since my wedding, and I'm still amazed at the stunning way in which they captured every moment of our wedding day. If you are looking for a top-notch classy photographer, book K. Holly Photography today!

• Wedding: 07/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for FUN, professional and ridiculously talented wedding photographers - look no further than Kristen and Jamie Carlson of K Holly Photography! I feel so fortunate that my wedding day was captured by these two! From the engagement session to the day of our wedding Kristen and Jamie put us at ease, allowed us to have FUN, offered advice on locations and took some very beautiful pictures. They even had a video collage of pictures for our guests to view at the reception - great idea and our guests loved seeing what we had been up to! I will forever be a cheerleader for K Holly Photography - can't wait for the next milestone in our lives so we have an excuse to work with them again!

• Wedding: 06/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristin and Jamie are amazing to work with. They are so excited and energetic about each detail. The capture every moment with an artistic and journalistic style. I would highly recommend working with them for any type of photography you're looking for.

• Wedding: 09/18/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wonderful photographer, would recommend her to any future brides. Pictures were amazing and she was a joy to work with.

• Wedding: 09/17/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristen Carlson is an absolutely amazing photographer. We are so happy that we found her and treasure the photographs she took - from both the engagement shoot and the wedding. She is able to capture your feelings, which is such an art. We receive tons of compliments on her pictures.

She is also very easy to work with and a joy to have at your wedding. My family just loved her.

• Wedding: 09/11/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristen is a photographer that clearly loves her job. She is bright and full of energy, even when you aren't. She also helped with keeping up with times and being on schedule during each session (particularly on the wedding day!). Her quality of work is STUNNING and she is highly recommended.

• Wedding: 09/04/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do I begin? I just ADORE everything about Kristen and K. Holly Photography!! Kristen captured our engagement and wedding images, as well as shooting a boudoir session that I gifted to my hubby (which, by the way, he LOVED;)). K. Holly is absolutely wonderful to work with, from the beginning (meeting over coffee to discuss wedding plans) to the end (choosing album materials in her super-cute studio/office and picking up the album when it arrives in its sweet packaging)... She is completely professional and absolutely fun, inspirational, sweet, and creative. I love looking at our wedding images over and over and appreciating how romantic, natural, and REAL they feel. I could go on and on....
I will absolutely be calling K. Holly in the future for anniversary photos, family photos, kids' photos.....love her!

• Wedding: 08/27/2010
616-719-6220
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards