Julie Allen Bridals

Julie Allen Bridals

154 South Main Street
Newtown, CT 06470 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of the Bride, Father of t...
Accessories: Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Undergarments, Veils
4.7
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing service! Great group of ladies!! Jessica was not only helpful, but FUN!

• Wedding: 10/31/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I ordered my wedding gown back in June for my upcoming May 2015 wedding. Even though I still have some time before the big day, I felt compelled to write about my experience with the lovely staff at Julie Allen Bridals. I would encourage any bride looking for exemplary service in a comfortable environment to make an appointment here. Every employee that I've come into contact with has been so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. My consultant, Jessica, was amazing! She listened to what I was looking for and was able to pull several gorgeous gowns for me to try on, including what ended up being THE dress! In addition to my gown I also ended up finding a sash and veil to complete the look, plus I also found the perfect bridesmaids dresses for my bridal party. I'm so, so happy that I chose Julie Allen Bridals!

• Wedding: 05/24/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for the dress of your dreams you need to Julie Allen. They are professional, and they know every dress in the store! Every dress I tried on flattered my figure, so it was hard to pick t"he one!" Melanie was fabulous. She was patient, kind, and honest. It felt like family from the moment my girls and I walked in! She was happy to help me narrow it down when I asked her opinion, which was a big help since I am so indecisive. I can't say enough for the ladies at Julie Allen. Everyone treated my friends and I like royalty. Highly recommended!

• Wedding: 05/16/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got my bridesmaid dress here for my brothers wedding and when I found out the company was discontinuing the dress the staff at Julie Allen were so nice and accommodating where I could try the dress on and order it. They were so nice to work with. A few weeks later I returned with my mom to look for a dress for her and once again the staff were so professional and friendly. We tried on so many dresses the staff was very patience and it never felt like we were rushed. We finally found a beautiful dress for my mom. I can't wait until I get married I will definitely return back to look for wedding dresses. I would recomened this bridal shop to all my friends, and have already!!!

• Wedding: 04/18/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone at Julie Allens is fabulous. I got my dress, my MOH and my mothers dress here. My mother has cancer and when we ordered her dress she was a size 2. Then when it came in due to medication, she gained some weight and we needed to order a larger size. The owner made it so easy for us to reorder and even gave us a great deal. They treated her like a queen and she looked fabulous the day of my wedding. They are angels at Julie Allens.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Julie Allen Bridals is THE place to go for your wedding dress and bridesmaids gowns. I had a great experience there. The staff are professional, courteous and willing to work with unique ideas. I initially had no idea what style dress I was looking for. Julie Allen Bridals was able to narrow my search, and then were more than happy to create a very unique dress for me. I chose to add a beaded belt to my bust line. The seamstress did such a great job- it looked as if the belt was part of the dress and not added. My dress was absolutely stunning and one of a kind. In addition all of my bridesmaids were very happy with the dresses they chose, and how the seamstress was so experienced. I highly recommend Julie Allen Bridals!!!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This family owned business has much experience in assisting you find the dress of your dreams. I found my wedding dress here and absolutely adore it! They are prepared to make your time as stress free as possible with the in-store seamstress and preservation service afterwards.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I had an amazing experience at Julie Allen's. It was my first time searching for a dress. I walked in with a few pictures of wedding dresses that I liked, and they actually ended up having one of the exact dresses. It was the first dress I tried on and it was perfect! I ended up choosing this exact dress I had wanted. All of my bridesmaids and my maid of honor came with me. Jessica (the woman helping us) asked if they wanted to try on some bridesmaids dresses since we found my dress so quickly. Then, she helped us pick out the perfect bridesmaids dresses and maid of honor dress on the same day! They were great at Julie Allen's, incredibly friendly and helpful, and I LOVE MY DRESS! (Also, the dress was totally within my budget! They carry a range of dresses and can fit almost anyone's budget). I highly recommend you go to Julie Allen's!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found my wedding dress and bridesmaids dress at Julie Allen Bridals. The staff was so helpful. I found a dress in a magazine that I loved for my bridesmaids that I wanted for them. They did not have it in the store so they called were able to get the dress quick so I could see it. When I was there looking for my dress I told them what I liked and did not like. The consultant pick out dresses that fit what I was looking for. I absolute love my wedding dress.

• Wedding: 08/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am speaking from years of experience. I bought my wedding dress from Julie Allen Bridals over 32 years ago (Melanie was a part of the business at that time as well). I have recommended them to others over the years and this past summer Julie Allen's was our choice for our daughter's wedding dress (as well as her maid of honor's dress and mine). We were amazed at the fact that our daughter had found her dream wedding dress as well as her maid of honor's dress in under 2 1/2 hours! The entire staff is extremely knowledgeable and supportive. My daughter had the opportunity to speak with Lauren before our appointment to fill her in on what she was looking for in her dress. When we arrived for our appointment Lauren had pulled approximately 6 dresses for my daughter to start with. The first one she tried on she said "this is it"... with some coaxing she tried on approximately 15-20 dresses. I would have never guessed that she would have ended up choosing the first dress she tried on. Lauren's first pick was the dress that my daughter envisioned herself walking down the aisle in... Lauren had also found the perfect headpiece. Her professionalism and genuine concern for my daughter's happiness was so apparent. She answered all of our questions and we never felt pressured or rushed. I made an appointment for a month later with Melanie to shop for my "mother of the bride dress". I explained to Melanie the style that I was interested in. She went to work bringing me about 12 choices that she thought that I would like. She too has amazing intuition. I found my dress in one of the first few that I tried on. I also purchased my jewelry while I was there. It was wonderful to be able to pull my ensemble together with one vendor. I will continue to recommend Julie Allen Bridals to anyone that I know is shopping for that perfect dress for their special day. They offer the service and expertise that every bride and her party deserve!

• Wedding: 08/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Not only did Melanie find the dress of my dreams, they completed my entire bridal party -- and my girls looked amazing! We had all kinds of compliments! I wouldn't recommend any other bridal shop in the area, and I did go to a few. Julie Allen Bridals is simply the best! - Laura

• Wedding: 06/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Julie Allen and Melanie helped me find the perfect dress !

• Wedding: 06/22/2014
Pamela
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing!!!! I'm in love with my dress. And my bridesmaids dresses were gorgeous!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Words cannot express how truly outstanding my experiences have been with Julie Allen Bridals. All of the staff members here are extremely helpful and enthusiastic about helping you find that perfect dress. After picking what I thought was THE dress, I later called Melanie to let her know I needed to come back in to make the decision. She welcomed me back the following week and helped me to decide on the perfect dress. Three months later, my mom and I went in to look at some bridesmaids dresses, without an appointment, and the staff non only remembered us upon arriving and greeted us with open arms, but helped us to find wonderful dresses. I went to two other bridal shops for bridesmaids dresses and it only confirmed why I will never go anywhere else other than Julie Allen Bridals. Huge selection!

• Wedding: 06/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Julie Allen Bridal was simply amazing! I was taken care of mostly by Melanie and Cassie, but the entire staff was polite, professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. They made me feel like I had known them my whole life and they truly seemed to care, not just about my dress/accessories, but also about making the process stress-free and fun! I got my bridesmaids' dresses, my dress, and my accessories at Julie Allen and all were high quality, well-fitted, and beautiful. Thank you Melanie, Cassie, and all the staff at Julie Allen! I would highly recommend this Bridal Shop!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I got my wedding dress from Julie Allen Bridals and had such a good experience from beginning to end. The bridal consultant helping me was impressive in her ability to pare down what I wanted in a dress and bring me dresses that only included elements that I wanted. I had two different dresses in mind and she was great, but not pushy, in helping me make a decision. I ended up with a dress by a designer I hadn't heard about (Marissa) and was absolutely delighted with what I chose. I also didn't really want a belt, but ended up leaving with one because my consultant enlightened me as to how good it could look.

I had to have alterations done twice because I lost weight (great problem to have) but the seamstress that they have on site is a riot. She was so skillful and funny to boot that my mom, sister and I were literally in stitches (bad pun) when we left. She recommended specific types of alterations that would preserve the integrity of the lace dress and make the dress fit me perfectly.

My mom was even able to get her MOB dress and a second dress for my cousin's wedding!

The ladies that work here are great and if you even have a small idea of what you envisioned yourself walking down the aisle in, they can help you understand what your options are to make the best decision for you. You won't feel like you are being forced or rushed into making a decision.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
203-426-4378
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment