Journeys of the Heart

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Susanne has been so wonderful! She's incredibly warm and kind. We can't wait to have her officiate our wedding!

Journeys of the Heart responded with the following comments:

You are in for a treat on your wedding day - Susanne is an extraordinary officiant! (and a really nice person, too!)

Services Used: Officiant

I can not say enough good things about our officiant, Diane! She crafted our ceremony perfectly and her words were so beautiful. It was exactly what we wanted. Since it was a same-sex wedding, we asked her to add something to the ceremony regarding the recent Supreme Court ruling, and everything that she said was 100% perfect. We were both nervous about standing there for the ceremony and Diane put us at ease throughout the entire process and made it run so smoothly. So many of our friends and family commented to us that they thought the ceremony was so beautiful and it was one of the best ones they've ever been to. This was seriously all thanks to Diane, she was perfect and I cannot recommend her and Journeys of the Heart enough!!!!!

Journeys of the Heart responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much the kind words! It was such an honor to be with you both and your sweet families. Every blessing for a long and happy (and legal!) life together! ~ Diane

Recently Married

Laura from Journeys of the Heart truly exceeded our expectations! She personalized the ceremony so it really celebrated the unique love between my husband and me, and made the process easy for us along the way. She even provided sample wording for us to choose from, and gave us the freedom to customize the wording to make sure it really fit us and our vision. We received overwhelmingly positive feedback from our family and friends, and we are so thankful to Laura for kicking off our wedding with such a wonderful ceremony.

Journeys of the Heart responded with the following comments:

Laura is a wonderful person and gifted officiant - and one of the founding members of Journeys of the Heart! Thanks for this kind review and every joy to you in your new marriage!

Harold
06/27/2015

Jim Haley was incredible through the whole process. We waited too long to book an officiant and found Jim online. My fiance was nervous as our first choice had been booked and she didn't want ANYONE else. She agreed to meet with Jim and was brought to tears when he went over his basic draft of the ceremony. We knew right then he was the person for the job and delivered big time on our wedding day. He was easy to reach via email, text and phone call which made it very easy with our busy schedule. He was very thorough which put our mind at ease with all the planning as he helped with parts we didn't even think of. Jim is very easy-going and was able to adjust and customize every aspect of our wedding to fit our needs. The day of, our maitre d had a death in the family so her assistant had to try and run the show. Without Jim's guidance, the day would have been a disaster as the girl was fairly new and overwhelmed. The ceremony was beautiful and was one of the main parts of the wedding our guests commented on. I will be recommending him to everyone I know after our great experience with Jim.

Journeys of the Heart responded with the following comments:

Jim Haley is such a calm, cool and delightful guy, isn't he? So happy he was such a perfect match for your needs. We LOVE giving couples their choice of officiant for just this reason! Thanks for sharing your kind words with us!

Services Used: Officiant

We chose Journeys of the Heart and are so happy that we did! After looking through profiles, my husband and I decided we would like to meet Bob Pileggi and learn more about him to see if he would be a good fit with us. My husband and I felt very comfortable talking with Bob and he seemed really interested in us and in helping us create our ideal wedding! Bob helped us create a beautiful ceremony that included personal readings, a rose ceremony, as well as many more personal touches. After our wedding, my husband and I received numerous compliments telling us how beautiful our wedding ceremony was. Many people even thought Bob was a good friend of my husband and l. Bob really showed an interest in us and being part of our story and are so happy we found him! He was always available through email or on the phone! Would definitely recommend Bob as well as this company to other couples looking for a unique and personalized ceremony.

Recently Married

We were so lucky to have Gabby as our officiant for our wedding in June 2015. She was amazing in every way possible and made our ceremony so personal and special. Our guests loved how well she knew us and how romantic the ceremony was.

Services Used: Officiant

As my family is devoutly catholic (my cousin is a priest), and my wife was raised in a Jewish household, we were really struggling to determine how to have a personal wedding ceremony without stepping on any toes. Thankfully, we found Journeys of the Heart and Gabrielle Kaplan-Mayer. Gabby helped us to craft a ceremony that included traditions from both religions, while still keeping it an officially non-denominational ceremony. We worked with Gabby almost a year in advance to hand-craft and customize the ceremony draft, leading to a number of friends and family complimenting us afterward, saying how personal the ceremony felt. Gabby brought a very calming and peaceful presence to our big day, which when you're in my shoes, you'll definitely appreciate during the last two hours leading up to the big moment. She and our wedding coordinator even managed to troubleshot and fix a last minute inconvenience, as my wife’s step mother requested a different wedding entrance that we originally scripted. Gabby was truly fantastic and definitely helped to make our wedding one-of-a-kind! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Brittany
05/30/2015

Our ceremony was so unique, heartfelt, and captured our personalities so well thanks to Susanne Wilson, our officiant from Journeys of the Heart. From the moment we met her we knew that we wanted her to be our officiant for our wedding ceremony. You can tell that she is very passionate about her job and genuinely takes her time to make every ceremony individualized and meaningful for every couple. She incorporated stories shared about us from our loved ones and love stories from my husband and I into our ceremony which made it so sweet and beautiful for us. She is a kind and loving person that will help you to make your ceremony whatever you want it to be. Whenever I had a question, she responded very promptly and with suggestions of her own to help in the process. Our ceremony was perfect for us! Thank you Susanne!

Recently Married

Eve Wenger was fantastic!
We were looking to have a non-religious but spiritual wedding ceremony that was truly meaningful to us as well as to the wonderful people in our lives who have supported and cared for us. As a gay couple, we wanted our ceremony to have a traditional flow, but with components that really were personal and meaningful to us. For this to occur, we needed a very special and talented officiant, one we found in Eve … from Journeys of the Heart. Any concerns we may have had about creating the perfect ceremony were eliminated after meeting with Eve. It was obvious from the start that Eve truly wanted to get to know us and to work with us to create a ceremony that reflected what we desired. It was perfect!! Words will never be able to express how grateful we are to Eve and how thankful we are for Journeys of the Heart for making our wedding ceremony everything we had hoped for.
Michael & Ron
May 30, 2015

Journeys of the Heart responded with the following comments:

Eve is a gem and we are so lucky to have her on our team! Thanks for sharing the kind words about her!

Clarissa
05/24/2015

Selecting the officiant for our ceremony was one of the hardest things to choose since it is someone you haven't met that is speaking about your love story. We chose Bob Pileggi as our officiant and we couldn't be any happier! He managed to make our ceremony extremely heartfelt and special. We told him our whole love story and he incorporated it wonderfully in a very creative way. We decided against writing our own vows because we thought this was cheesy, so instead Bob had us email him answers to a couple questions which were our "personal comments" about each other and we were not to show it to the other person. He read it for us at the ceremony and we heard it for the first time along with our guests. It was a beautiful idea as it was an easier way to express what we wanted about each other, without reading it ourselves and potentially crying the entire time while trying to speak! It was the best part of the ceremony and my guests also really appreciated how we shared this special moment. Bob is an extremely kind person and this showed through in his words as the energy around during the ceremony felt very warm. Our guests mentioned that the ceremony was very sweet and the words spoken were creative and had a magical touch. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Journeys of the Heart responded with the following comments:

Bob is wonderful with "making the magic" of a wedding ceremony and we are so happy that he created this wonderful experience for you! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your kind words.

Services Used: Officiant

my name is Gabrielle. My wife yessika and I decided to not have anything fancy for our wedding. We have been together three years and wanted something short and sweet for our ceremony . Nothing fancy or too expensive.. looking online, we found journeys of the heart. I fell in love with it. they sounded like they really worked with the couples and Did everything they can to help you. I called Diane and she immediately fixed us up with our soon to be Officiant for our ceremony. Her name was Susan Harte. She was amazing. she emailed me immediately and started the process. She definitely worked with us. she sent us vow examples and ring exchange words. she even recommended us with a few places. We were married at love park in Philadelphia on 5.14.2015..parking was hard to find for some of our families, and she was very very patient with waiting. She made it feel so comfortable and nothing to be nervous about. She even joked around with us.. she walked us through the paper work and how everything would work. I would highly recommend journeys of the heart and I would highly recommend Susan as your Officiant for anything. Thank you guys so much for making our day so special.

Services Used: Officiant

Our officiant from Journeys of the Heart was the perfectly named Susan Harte. From our very first phone call with Susan we knew we had made the right choice for our officiant. We really wanted to have someone be there that (sounded like they) knew us and could tell our love story in a special way. Susan did this in the most amazing way on our wedding day and we are so thankful to have had her as part of our special day.

Services Used: Officiant

We had David B. as our Officiant for our wedding day. We are both so happy we booked David! He was so great to work with and made our wedding ceremony very special and customized it to how we wanted it. We met with David for over an hour prior to booking him and right away, we knew he was our guy! He is a genuine, caring person and it shows. He does all different types of ceremonies and does not judge, he just wants to make you happy. David gave us some ideas from other ceremonies and we discussed what we wanted. He sent us a mock-up ceremony very quickly after we met. We had some additions and adjustments as the planning process went on and he was so responsive. We had a great experience with David and Journeys of the Heart. Highly recommended!!

Services Used: Officiant

We booked Diane Smith-Hoban to be our officiant for our small intimate wedding ceremony. We felt really comfortable with her from the start and knew she would help us make our wedding something that we would cherish for the rest of our lives. Diane helped us capture all the meaning and significance of our relationship into an absolutely memorable ceremony. The personal touches helped to make the to the ceremony even more special for us and our guests.

Reflecting on the whole experience, we wouldn't change a single thing. Diane is fabulous at what she does and we highly recommend her.

William
02/21/2015

We contacted Journeys of the Heart in a panic when a late snowstorm threatened our original officiant's attendance. I heard back from 'Diane' almost immediately and was instantly put at ease. I wish that I could rate them a 10 stars out of 5. We quickly came up with a plan, and Susan Harte (lovely name for a wedding officiant!) worked with us on timing, vows, ideology, and insight. She could not have been more perfect for us in any situation, let alone this one. We are two men in our mid 50s who needed a simple but meaningful ceremony. We discussed options for vows, but frankly she 'got it' from the very beginning and we made very few changes. She was pleasant and professional, flexible and perfectly on time. The fee was very reasonable and appropriate. We would highly recommend Susan, Diane, and Journeys of the Heart to anyone.

Services Used: Officiant

We had Gabby officiate our wedding and we can not say enough good things about her. She is such a nice person, and she provided us with a lot of great options to customize our ceremony. She is very responsive, helpful, and was definitely a calming presence on our wedding day. She definitely made our ceremony- it was perfect :)
Thank you for everything!