Journeys of the Heart

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We booked Diane Smith-Hoban to be our officiant for our small intimate wedding ceremony. We felt really comfortable with her from the start and knew she would help us make our wedding something that we would cherish for the rest of our lives. Diane helped us capture all the meaning and significance of our relationship into an absolutely memorable ceremony. The personal touches helped to make the to the ceremony even more special for us and our guests.

Reflecting on the whole experience, we wouldn't change a single thing. Diane is fabulous at what she does and we highly recommend her.

William
02/21/2015

We contacted Journeys of the Heart in a panic when a late snowstorm threatened our original officiant's attendance. I heard back from 'Diane' almost immediately and was instantly put at ease. I wish that I could rate them a 10 stars out of 5. We quickly came up with a plan, and Susan Harte (lovely name for a wedding officiant!) worked with us on timing, vows, ideology, and insight. She could not have been more perfect for us in any situation, let alone this one. We are two men in our mid 50s who needed a simple but meaningful ceremony. We discussed options for vows, but frankly she 'got it' from the very beginning and we made very few changes. She was pleasant and professional, flexible and perfectly on time. The fee was very reasonable and appropriate. We would highly recommend Susan, Diane, and Journeys of the Heart to anyone.

Services Used: Officiant

We had Gabby officiate our wedding and we can not say enough good things about her. She is such a nice person, and she provided us with a lot of great options to customize our ceremony. She is very responsive, helpful, and was definitely a calming presence on our wedding day. She definitely made our ceremony- it was perfect :)
Thank you for everything!

Services Used: Officiant

Gabrielle Kaplan-Mayer officiated my wedding and made it a smooth and comfortable experience!

After an initial meeting with us, Gabby sent a rough outline of the ceremony for us to customize. Gabby was extremely helpful throughout the process, offering many suggestions for readings and different ways of tweaking the ceremony as a whole to our liking. She turned what looked to be a daunting task into a pleasant experience.

My wife and I would recommend her services to anyone looking for a wonderfully pleasant and extremely supportive officiant!

Services Used: Officiant

Worth every PENNY! Gabrielle Kaplan-Mayer was absolutely fabulous!

Services Used: Officiant

I used this company and my fiancé and I picked Gabrielle Mayer-Kaplan as our officiant. This was the part of the wedding planning I was dreading the most, I didn't want someone stuffy and up tight as my fiancé and I aren't that religious. I wrote almost my whole ceremony and then Gabby sent us pages of biblical sayings, poems, love quotes and gave us a perfectly laid out timeline of how everything would go the day of the wedding. All our guests said how she was so good, and the way she spoke made the ceremony so much more interesting. She was by my side the whole way through the planning process, she always answered my emails very quickly, and reassured me that everything was going to be okay. For marrying us I will always have a place in my heart for gabby and I think she is a woman that everyone could stand to be more like.

Jim
10/11/2014

Jim Haley was actually perfect from the time we first met to our wedding day! I was nervous because I didn't see a lot of reviews for Jim but as soon as my (soon-to-be) husband and I met him, we felt comfortable and really excited. He is well-spoken, genuine, fun and has a calming ability about him- like I said, perfect officiant. At the first meeting, we chatted for about 30-45 minutes and went on our way. He emailed us a questionnaire to fill out, a first draft for the ceremony (with many options for formality, more relaxed responses, more religious/less religious) which we then circled what we liked, crossed out what we didnt, and sent it back. About 2 weeks before the ceremony, he sent us an entire outline of the wedding ceremony, complete with names/places, etc. He was extremely thorough and, as a result, we had a beautiful ceremony that was very personal, fun and sweet. I think I received just as many compliments on our officiant as I did on my dress- people loved him!

1 person found this review helpful
Sabrina
10/11/2014

Eileen DiFranco was an excellent officiant. She was very flexible and helpful when we were designing the ceremony. She sent a template of the ceremony, which we were encouraged to edit. She also sent numerous examples of possible ring blessings, vows, etc. We each filled out forms detailing how we met, what we liked about each other, and other details about us. She turned this into a “love story,” briefly condensing our relationship, which was lovely.

But anyone can read the words of the ceremony - it takes someone with dignity and experience to make them sound meaningful. She was calm and confident, and helped make the ceremony very special. It ended up being one of our favorite parts of the day, and we received lots of compliments from the guests, who felt that the ceremony was very personal and meaningful.

Jessica
10/05/2014

Susanne was absolutely amazing. Even though we planned our wedding from a few states away, she was able to capture us and what our relationship truly is. She is amazing and we were touched that she could perform our ceremony.

Private User
Recently Married

We used Journeys of the Heart for our wedding officiant and were extremely happy we did. We were paired with Gabrielle Kaplan, who was absolutely wonderful. We met with her before the wedding where we discussed our ceremony preferences and visions for the day. She respected our desire to have a non-denominational ceremony and gave us many ideas and recommendations along the way. With the help of our answering some questions, Gabrielle wrote a beautiful "love story" of our history which was shared at the ceremony. All the guests thought the ceremony was unique, personal, and full of love.

Joann
09/13/2014

Jim O’Brien was our officiant on our wedding day. Jim was incredibly responsive from our first meeting through the rest of our planning. He asked us questions and was very engaging in getting to know our story and our adventure. My husband and I wanted to meet Jim in person and get to know him a little bit before our wedding day. Jim was sweet to welcome us into his home and even made us pancakes on a lovely spring afternoon. He was attentive and offered us great advice and many options on tailoring our ceremony so it was personal and truly a reflection of us as a couple. We could not be happier with how our ceremony turned out – we received an overwhelming amount of praise on how intimate our wedding was. Some of our friends said that it was the best and most heartfelt ceremony they attended and another commented that usually, his mind wanders after the first ten minutes; but on our wedding, he felt that he was part of something special. Thank you so much, Jim, for helping us craft such a beautiful ceremony. It was the best part of our day.

Joann
09/13/2014

Services Used: Officiant

We had rabbi Gabby officiate our wedding, and it was so beautiful! She incorporated our own love story to make the ceremony more personal, and my husband and I were able to include both of our faith traditions in the ceremony (Catholic and Jewish). We are so happy that we had Gabby officiate.

Services Used: Officiant

We were lucky enough to work with David Braneky for our wedding ceremony. We wanted to use Journeys of the Heart because of their reliable reputation, and we're so glad we did! From the first meeting with David, he helped us immensely about the entire process. On that day, we ran into a few hiccups, but David was there with the guidance we needed to set our minds at ease. If it weren't for him, I don't believe our ceremony would have run as smoothly as it did! We will gladly recommend both David and Journeys of the Heart for those searching for wedding officiants!

Services Used: Officiant

Me and my now husband are of different faiths and we wanted a simple ceremony that did not include religion but was about us and our love story. Diane from Journeys of the Heart was recommended to me from a friend and we could not be happier with our decision. She listened to what we wanted, she was flexible, responsive and extremely easy to work with. We are still getting compliments (almost 2 months later) about how amazing Diane was at our wedding. The way she delivered our ceremony was perfect and we are so grateful to have had her be a part of our big day. We would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant who is easy to work with and who will give you a ceremony you will never forget. Thank you, Diane for everything you did to make our wedding ceremony exactly what we wanted.

Services Used: Officiant

My now husband and I first met with Diane Smith-Hoban about 10 months before our actual wedding day. She was the first and only officiant we met with - we knew from that first meeting how much we both liked her. She is incredibly personable and made us feel very much at ease; she makes you feel like your wedding day and ceremony are top priority. Diane wrote a beautiful ceremony for us that included our love story, our family, and our daughter. After our ceremony, almost all of our guests commented on how wonderful Diane was, how much they loved her, and how incredibly beautiful and personal our ceremony was. I would recommend Diane to anyone planning a wedding!