Journeys of the Heart

Journeys of the Heart

JOURNEYS OF THE HEART 1996-2014 Ceremonies with Love, Peace, & Compassion for all

Jenkintown, PA 19046 | map
Services:: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious, Sin...
Religious affiliations: Agnostic, Anglican, Baha'i Faith, Baptist, Buddhist,...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We contacted Journeys of the Heart in a panic when a late snowstorm threatened our original officiant's attendance. I heard back from 'Diane' almost immediately and was instantly put at ease. I wish that I could rate them a 10 stars out of 5. We quickly came up with a plan, and Susan Harte (lovely name for a wedding officiant!) worked with us on timing, vows, ideology, and insight. She could not have been more perfect for us in any situation, let alone this one. We are two men in our mid 50s who needed a simple but meaningful ceremony. We discussed options for vows, but frankly she 'got it' from the very beginning and we made very few changes. She was pleasant and professional, flexible and perfectly on time. The fee was very reasonable and appropriate. We would highly recommend Susan, Diane, and Journeys of the Heart to anyone.

• Wedding: 02/21/2015
William
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gabrielle Kaplan-Mayer officiated my wedding and made it a smooth and comfortable experience!

After an initial meeting with us, Gabby sent a rough outline of the ceremony for us to customize. Gabby was extremely helpful throughout the process, offering many suggestions for readings and different ways of tweaking the ceremony as a whole to our liking. She turned what looked to be a daunting task into a pleasant experience.

My wife and I would recommend her services to anyone looking for a wonderfully pleasant and extremely supportive officiant!

• Wedding: 11/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Worth every PENNY! Gabrielle Kaplan-Mayer was absolutely fabulous!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used this company and my fiancé and I picked Gabrielle Mayer-Kaplan as our officiant. This was the part of the wedding planning I was dreading the most, I didn't want someone stuffy and up tight as my fiancé and I aren't that religious. I wrote almost my whole ceremony and then Gabby sent us pages of biblical sayings, poems, love quotes and gave us a perfectly laid out timeline of how everything would go the day of the wedding. All our guests said how she was so good, and the way she spoke made the ceremony so much more interesting. She was by my side the whole way through the planning process, she always answered my emails very quickly, and reassured me that everything was going to be okay. For marrying us I will always have a place in my heart for gabby and I think she is a woman that everyone could stand to be more like.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jim Haley was actually perfect from the time we first met to our wedding day! I was nervous because I didn't see a lot of reviews for Jim but as soon as my (soon-to-be) husband and I met him, we felt comfortable and really excited. He is well-spoken, genuine, fun and has a calming ability about him- like I said, perfect officiant. At the first meeting, we chatted for about 30-45 minutes and went on our way. He emailed us a questionnaire to fill out, a first draft for the ceremony (with many options for formality, more relaxed responses, more religious/less religious) which we then circled what we liked, crossed out what we didnt, and sent it back. About 2 weeks before the ceremony, he sent us an entire outline of the wedding ceremony, complete with names/places, etc. He was extremely thorough and, as a result, we had a beautiful ceremony that was very personal, fun and sweet. I think I received just as many compliments on our officiant as I did on my dress- people loved him!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Jim
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Susanne was absolutely amazing. Even though we planned our wedding from a few states away, she was able to capture us and what our relationship truly is. She is amazing and we were touched that she could perform our ceremony.

• Wedding: 10/05/2014
Jessica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jim O’Brien was our officiant on our wedding day. Jim was incredibly responsive from our first meeting through the rest of our planning. He asked us questions and was very engaging in getting to know our story and our adventure. My husband and I wanted to meet Jim in person and get to know him a little bit before our wedding day. Jim was sweet to welcome us into his home and even made us pancakes on a lovely spring afternoon. He was attentive and offered us great advice and many options on tailoring our ceremony so it was personal and truly a reflection of us as a couple. We could not be happier with how our ceremony turned out – we received an overwhelming amount of praise on how intimate our wedding was. Some of our friends said that it was the best and most heartfelt ceremony they attended and another commented that usually, his mind wanders after the first ten minutes; but on our wedding, he felt that he was part of something special. Thank you so much, Jim, for helping us craft such a beautiful ceremony. It was the best part of our day.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Joann

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Joann
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had rabbi Gabby officiate our wedding, and it was so beautiful! She incorporated our own love story to make the ceremony more personal, and my husband and I were able to include both of our faith traditions in the ceremony (Catholic and Jewish). We are so happy that we had Gabby officiate.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We were lucky enough to work with David Braneky for our wedding ceremony. We wanted to use Journeys of the Heart because of their reliable reputation, and we're so glad we did! From the first meeting with David, he helped us immensely about the entire process. On that day, we ran into a few hiccups, but David was there with the guidance we needed to set our minds at ease. If it weren't for him, I don't believe our ceremony would have run as smoothly as it did! We will gladly recommend both David and Journeys of the Heart for those searching for wedding officiants!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Me and my now husband are of different faiths and we wanted a simple ceremony that did not include religion but was about us and our love story. Diane from Journeys of the Heart was recommended to me from a friend and we could not be happier with our decision. She listened to what we wanted, she was flexible, responsive and extremely easy to work with. We are still getting compliments (almost 2 months later) about how amazing Diane was at our wedding. The way she delivered our ceremony was perfect and we are so grateful to have had her be a part of our big day. We would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant who is easy to work with and who will give you a ceremony you will never forget. Thank you, Diane for everything you did to make our wedding ceremony exactly what we wanted.

• Flexibility: 5.0

My now husband and I first met with Diane Smith-Hoban about 10 months before our actual wedding day. She was the first and only officiant we met with - we knew from that first meeting how much we both liked her. She is incredibly personable and made us feel very much at ease; she makes you feel like your wedding day and ceremony are top priority. Diane wrote a beautiful ceremony for us that included our love story, our family, and our daughter. After our ceremony, almost all of our guests commented on how wonderful Diane was, how much they loved her, and how incredibly beautiful and personal our ceremony was. I would recommend Diane to anyone planning a wedding!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Journeys of the Heart ended up officiating our wedding as part of a happy accident. With only 48 hours before our ceremony at Please Touch Museum in front of 225 people, our original officiant essentially left us at the altar. We found out just after midnight on the Friday morning before our Saturday wedding. In a panic, I sent an e-mail out to Journeys of the Heart with the hopes that they could perform a small miracle.

Not 10 minutes after I sent my e-mail, did I receive a response from Diane, telling me to rest easy, I was in good hands, and I would be taken care of. Thanks to Journeys of the Heart, we had lined up our new officiant between 12:00 AM and 10:00 AM on Friday, the day before our wedding.

Diane's quick action and Susan's flexibility even allowed for us to have the pleasure of meeting Susan on Friday evening at our rehearsal dinner. She took the time to come meet us so we could put a face to the name, and so we could meet the person who would be a part of such a momentous occasion in our lives. Susan was incredibly sweet, understanding, flexible, and she helped guide us toward a more well-rounded ceremony, as we had to write our own ceremony thanks to the inaction of a company whose name will not be mentioned. Journeys of the Heart helped wipe the slate clean of the awful preceding company to ensure that we could move on with the rest of the planning for our big day.

Susan's experience during the ceremony shone through, she helped guide us where to be and when, without ever making it apparent that this was a spur-of-the-moment incident. We were completely in her hands and she confidently and flawlessly delivered. We cannot thank Journeys of the Heart enough for their prompt action and amazing professionalism in such a pinch!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I will replay the ceremony over and over for year to come it was so touching and absolutely perfect!!!

I read the draft Bob Pileggi created and I thought it was great stuff, but his delivery of the ceremony- the humor and the pauses he took at all the right times, it just hit the nail on the head.

He was the absolutely the best, most throughout, attentive and professional vendor I worked with for my wedding. Out of everyone he responded to me emails most quickly, most thoughtfully and provided the most helpful and timely information. If only all the vendors could be more like Bob Pileggi!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were married on August 23, 2014 and Susanne Wilson from Journeys of the Heart was our officiant. Deciding to have Susanne officiate our wedding was the best decision we made.

My husband and I clicked with Susanne the moment we met her. Susanne is kind, sweet and has a beautiful heart.

We weren’t sure what kind of ceremony we wanted, but Susanne helped us create a ceremony that was truly ours and represented our “love story”. She gave us plenty of ideas and examples of wedding rituals, readings and poems to choose from in order to create our ceremony. Susanne was always available if we had any questions or ideas we wanted to discuss, and we were in constant contact with Susanne throughout our wedding planning process.

Many of our guests asked us how long we have known Susanne because the relationship that we had built in less than a year felt more like a life-long friendship. Our guests all loved her, and said our ceremony was the most romantic and heartfelt ceremony they had ever been to. There aren’t enough words to describe how wonderful Susanne is, and how special she makes your day.

Thank you Susanne from the bottom of our hearts for helping us create our wedding ceremony that we will remember and cherish for the rest of our lives.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Journeys of the Heart was extremely responsive and easy to work with from beginning to end. We worked specifically with Gabrielle Kaplan-Mayer; Gabby was a pleasure to work with on our ceremony. We loved our very personalized ceremony in combination with her ability to thread in traditional Jewish elements. Thank you for making our ceremony so special!

• Wedding: 08/08/2014
215-663-8980
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards