John Sharpe Photography

John Sharpe Photography

1860 McMenemy St - #J
Saint Paul, MN 55117 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John was amazing to work with. The entire night he made us feel so comfortable. He did an amazing job making sure to capture what we wanted for our wedding. john was so creative and we feel like he really made our photos unique to our wedding. I would highly recommend John for anyone's photo needs!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John Sharpe is an incredible photographer - we are so glad we chose him for our engagement and wedding photos. We had scheduled to meet with a few photographers but as soon as we met John, our first appointment, we knew he was right for us. John is very easy to talk with and put us at ease, which is really important when it comes to feeling comfortable in front of a camera. He is professional and prompt and all the business dealings went smoothly. His style is classic and timeless, and we found his prices to be very reasonable considering the quality of the photography and the whole experience. Because we had a winter wedding, we wanted to be sure to choose a photographer who was great with light and not afraid of being creative in different situations (snow, indoors, etc.). We chose to purchase one of his beautifully made albums, and we will treasure the pictures and the quality of the album our whole lives. John was perfect and I recommend him to everyone!

• Wedding: 12/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great photographer. The wedding party and family liked him as well. He was extremely professional, self-motivated, funny and talented. No regrets working with him.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 4.5

John was fantastic from beginning to end. He took the time to get to know us as a couple and went above and beyond when it came to service. Plus, the pictures turned out perfect! I cannot give a higher recommendation for John.

• Wedding: 07/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John Sharpe is an amazing photographer! He absolutely made my wedding day come to life in the pictures! We had such a great time with him and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. I was confident he would capture the day and he definitely delivered. I would highly recommend him to capture your wedding memories!!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I LOVE our wedding pictures by John Sharpe. We got married in December, so I was a little bit worried about the lighting, since the sun would set by 4:30 p.m. However, all my fears vanished when we selected John as our photographer. He is an EXPERT in lighting. Even thought it was freezing outside, John was brave enough to venture outside with us to snap some pictures. Our church photos are absolutely gorgeous as well. Despite the lack of natural light in the church, John was able to create soft, beautiful light for our pictures. We will cherish them forever! Additionally, he was so easy to work with. My husband and I appreciated that he provided us with some guidance on how to pose in the pictures. For example, he would gently direct us to put our hand on our hip, move forward, etc. These suggestions were so helpful, because our pictures look beautiful and so natural! We are so impressed with his services and would HIGHLY recommend him to our friends, family and any bride getting married!

• Wedding: 12/31/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John was amazing throughout the whole wedding planning process, as well as on the day of. As soon as we sat down with John, we knew that he was the right guy for us - a fun guy with a great eye for photos. We looked through his portfolio and loved him more with every turn of the pages.
He was also great at maintaining contact as we planned for our wedding. He even sent us a nice surprise package as the wedding day got closer.
The day of the wedding was perfect, and he thought through every detail - down to bringing hand warmers for us to have during some of our outside shots that were a little bit chilly. He was flexible and willing to be around for various pictures we wanted. AND, he surprised us again with something fun at the reception!
John Sharpe is worth every penny!

• Wedding: 11/03/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our photos were absolutely amazing! I would strongly recommend John's services to anyone looking for an amazing photographer. My wife and I are very pleased. We live about 6 hours away from John yet he would respond quickly and was very efficient. John wasn't afraid to say if he didn't like how a photo turned out and take the shot again to get it perfect. The proofed pictures were stunning and came all wrapped up in a beautiful keepsake tin with everything included. We also had out pictures on his blog which out friends and family got to see very quickly. Thank you so much!! We really love them!

• Wedding: 11/01/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you want unique and truly astonishing photos, you MUST go with John Sharpe!! We looked at hundreds of wedding photographers' websites, but we kept coming back to his photos. He definitely has an original style.

Our wedding was at the Calhoun Beach Club, and we knew John would be the best person to bring out the elegance and simplicity of our wedding at this location. John was able to capture the most grandiose moments of our wedding beautifully, but more impressively, he was able to capture those subtle and fleeting details that you end up missing or forgetting about because the day goes by so fast. John was friendly, professional and calm, even when we were not able to stick to our pre-made schedule. The value and quality of his photos are incomparable. We are very happy to recommend John!

• Wedding: 08/26/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we got engaged, one of the first things my husband and I went looking for was a photographer. John Sharpe's was the first website we looked at, and we kept comparing everybody else's work to his until we finally decided that he'd set the bar so high it was impossible to find anybody whose work we liked better.

We are so glad we worked with John - he is incredibly talented and very professional. He was flexible and game for whatever we decided to do when we had rain on our (outdoor) wedding day. We have so many beautiful pictures of ourselves, our guests, and the ceremony in the light summer drizzle. We've gotten nothing but glowing compliments from our family and friends about our wedding photos!

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our pictures were AMAZING!! We stretched the budget, but the results were well worth it. John was very personable, professional, and was overall very helpful throughout the whole process.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John Sharpe Photography is one of the most artistic and amazing talents I have seen in awhile. Not only did my husband and I get to spend our wedding day with him, we have AMAZING photos and an album that would make anyone drool! John is classy, refined and fun all rolled into one. I plan on using him for all my future photo plans. Not only do I look at our wedding photos daily I utterly stalk his blog daily to see his talent develop. You will not be disappointed. All our love John!

• Wedding: 03/17/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are thrilled with our photographs from our wedding, thanks in full to John Sharpe Photography. He was extremely professional and showed nothing but respect to us and our guests. He arrived early, worked nonstop throughout the day, and left after we left. His pictures are perfect; the extreme attention to detail and his amazing ability to translate his ideas into photographs made my day perfect. The wedding album he created for us is gorgeous. We LOVE John Sharpe Photography and would recommend him to anyone and everyone who needs a talented, professional, and artistic photographer for any event!

• Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so glad that we chose John Sharpe Photography for our wedding. We absolutely love our pictures, and we really feel like John captured the feeling of the day and our personalities, not just photos. He was also great to work with and extremely patient and respectful with our families. Our wedding was a little different in that we had the ceremony and reception a few weeks apart, but John was very flexible and accommodating. I think the most telling thing is that, four months later, my husband and I are still getting gushing comments from friends and family about our pictures - even from other professional photographers!

• Wedding: 10/14/2011
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John was a WONDERFUL photographer. We felt at ease and he was able to pose us in natural looking poses. :) He threw in a free engagement session for deciding to book with him within 24 hours which was great because we got to know each and felt that much more comfortable on the wedding day itself. He has an excellent knowledge of lighting which is critical for gorgeous photos. He captured many wonderful moments that I never would have thought to ask him to capture, but he found them. He has great equipment and was able to capture great photos even in low light settings (candlelight). I would definitely refer him to anyone.

• Wedding: 10/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 4.5

John did a beautiful job on our photos. It was completely worth all of the money. John did a great job incorporating our personalities into the photos. John is a great photographer and made the process a lot of fun! I am not a huge fan of posing for pictures, but John coached us well and everything turned out great!

We just received our album, and it was so beautiful. We got copies for each of our parents and it is one of the best gifts we could have ever gotten them. My mom started crying!

• Wedding: 06/26/2011
612-432-6473
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards