Joel VanZ - Outdoor Wedding Films

Outdoor Wedding Films - California

235 Hermosa Way
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405 | map
Style: Cinematic, Documentary, Short Form
Packages: Edited Video, Montage - Wedding Highlights, Multiple...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Joel was one of the highlights of our wedding! We absolutely loved him and are so thankful for the beautiful videos we have as memories of our day. During the planning process he was quick to respond and helpful with anything we needed. Leading up to the wedding my husband was worried it would feel uncomfortable being filmed but Joel was so laid back and we hardly noticed we the camera around. He captured moments that looked as beautiful as they felt when they were happening. My favorite part of his process is that he asks us questions before the wedding. It becomes a little time capsule that will always take us back to exactly how we felt, how we loved each other, on our wedding day. I couldn't recommend Joel enough, the best decision we made!

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough amazing things about Joel VanZ! After meeting him via Skype from Toronto, ON to San Luis Obispo California, we knew he was the perfect match for us. Don’t let his youthful face deter you. Joel was so incredibly professional, but most of all so so talented. He composed beautiful music that timed beautifully with our artful wedding video, he captured every important moment and more, and edited it so perfectly. Joel is an artist, he’s hip and if your looking for somewhat non-conventional, no cheese wedding videography, Joel is your man. We barely noticed him moving around us throughout the day and when we did interact, he was always a delight! I was engaged for over three years before getting married, all the while looking for the perfect videographer. After years of looking I found Joel!!! The subtle and bright softness to his films, eye for angles and artistic shots, unique and personalized music sets him well apart from the rest. I am so grateful to Joel for flying to Toronto for our wedding, for his hard work and for the memory we can keep for a lifetime on film. I’ve said a million times, I cannot imagine not having my wedding on film, there is so much you forget or miss during the overwhelming day. Photographs are also a must, but the words you speak, the tears your husband sheds, is simply not the same. Save for it. Get a videographer. Pick Joel, you won’t regret it! If you want to see for yourself, check out Joel’s blog, our wedding is Katy & Tyler. You’ll see what I mean!

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
Katy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely LOVED working with Joel. We viewed dozens of wedding videos online prior to making our decision, and as soon as we found him we knew he was an obvious choice. His work is heads and shoulders better than others in the area, and he writes his own music to accompany each video. What an extraordinary talent! Here is our video for anyone who needs the proof:

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
Jennifer & Matthew
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Although the wedding is over and we are back in the flow of reality, we are lucky to have such a beautiful way to remember the day as a result of Joel. I have participated in weddings with awkward videographers who push and primp to create staged "meaningful" moments. That is not Joel. Joel was able to really be a part of the wedding in a way that made us so comfortable that we never felt posed or staged. As such, the moments he captured are the genuine, heartfelt moments that I'll cherish forever. He is extremely talented and his work is simply gorgeous. The music, the way he captures light, and his creativity are remarkable. I couldn't recommend Joel enough. His work is impeccable and he is extremely professional yet simultaneously warm and down to earth.

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
Amber
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joel was absolutely fantastic to work with! My husband and I had a 2 year engagement so we were very meticulous about selecting vendors. For videograhers we combed over different samples and Joel's work jumped out to us b/c of his use of light, original music, and the natural way in which he captured couples. The films just had this romantic quality to them. After meeting Joel in person the deal was sealed as he was professional and also laid back - someone we could see as a guest at the wedding.

The day of Joel was great to work with. We didn't feel like we were being filmed which is how we wanted it since we wanted to fully enjoy the day.

Very shortly after the wedding we received the trailer which was absolutely amazing! Captured the emotions of the event perfectly. Now only two months after we wedding we got the complete video. We are waiting to watch it with our family during Thanksgiving but I know it will be equally fantastic. Also the packaging was absolutely amazing (an added bonus).

Can't say enough about Joel and his work and would highly recommend him!

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joel is such an amazing videographer and we were so lucky to have found him and used his services for our wedding! He is such a nice, laid-back guy and made us feel really at ease while filming. We already got our nmovie trailer back and we were just blown away at how fantastic it came out. I highly recommend Joel for anyone who is looking for a videographer for their wedding!

• Wedding: 08/11/2012
Krista
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We have had the pleasure of working with Joel for our wedding day and it's one of the things we're SO happy we moved forward with. Originally, we didn't have videography in our budget, but all of our newlywed friends shared that their one regret was not hiring a videographer. So with a lot of research, we found Joel and wow, we were SO amazed by his work!
Absolutely beautiful, emotional and true to the essence of the bride and groom, Joel's work is seriously the best you'll find!
Not only is the quality of the work phenomenal, but Joel is truly the sweetest person you'll ever work with. He's always willing to work with you and is always prompt with his communication.
One of the best wedding decisions we made, we're so happy to have worked with Joel!

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joel was so great! He and his sister were both so nice and professional the day of the wedding. Our wedding trailer is AMAZING!!! His work is phenomenal!! He has so much talent and does such a good job of capturing the day and making a video that you want to watch over and over and over!

• Wedding: 06/17/2012

dear brides to be,

this is your videographer that you want to hire!!!! please don't waste your time looking elsewhere. Joel has AMAZING talent and it shows in his films. I love the vintage feel that he incorporates into his work and he also does the music for the film as well. JOEL ROCKS!!! He was super sweet and easy to work with!!! Joel's work is worth every penny and we are so blessed that he was able to capture our wedding day!!

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We LOVED having Joel and his sister Ashley with us on our wedding weekend! They are awesome and so incredibly sweet, with all that was going on they brought such a great calming energy and I loved looking around the reception and always seeing Joel right in the heart of the action! I cannot WAIT to see his beautiful work!....actually I'm dying to see it! We are so thankful that we got a video...at first we were not going to do it because of our budget was a little limiting, but after seeing his amazing work and then hearing how the day goes by so fast, we thought we would regret it. After meeting and working with Joel, we are so happy that we did it and that he was the one there to capture our day!

Such a HUGE thank you to Joel for everything he and Ash contributed to our day and weekend, they really made it that much better just by being there always smiling and having such amazing energy! I'm really happy to have met them!

• Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just can't say enough about how great Joel and his team were. The final product was exactly what we wanted. He did such a great job capturing our wedding. And, he wrote and recorded all of the music used in our video which was amazing! The months leading up to the wedding, he was very responsive to emails and calls and just really put us at ease. I would recommend Joel VanZ Film to anyone.

• Wedding: 08/27/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joel VanZ did such amazing work on our wedding video! It is something I am so happy to have forever! We have shown our friends & family and are so proud to have such a professional & unique wedding video. Joel & his team were great to work with....I would reccomend them to anyone & already have!

• Wedding: 08/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WOWWWWWW!!!!! We just received our full video in the mail and I can't believe how amazing it is. I have already watched it 3 times!!!! Joel is truly talented- the way he edited the video and the custom music he made for our video made it one of a kind. Every single emotion we felt that day was summed up in our video. I can't thank him enough for giving us this beautiful video so we can relive the best day of our lives.

The best part about Joel's work is he manages to capture every single emotional moment throughout the day without you even noticing he's there. I've seen many videographers at weddings with these gigantic cameras that can be obtrusive and make people uncomfortable. After watching the video, I was amazed at some of the moments he caught on camera...looking back I don't even remember seeing him during the ceremony.

I have seen the work of many other videographers, but nothing has ever compared to Joel's work. Thanks again Joel!!! We have been recommending you to everyone we know who is getting married. Good luck in your future- I know you will have a successful career!

Love, Ashley and Kevin

• Wedding: 08/06/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joel is an artistic, talented, remarkable wedding videographer. His view through the camera lens captured the love and life of my wedding beyond what I could have dreamed of. Some words/phrases that come to my mind when I think of Joel and his work: incredible, beautiful, down to earth and personable yet extremely professional, stunningly creative, funny yet serious about what he does, refreshingly original, open-minded and honest. Joel is relaxed and comfortable, which makes the bride and groom be themselves and completely in love. He captured my wedding day in a way I never thought possible. I cried and laughed and screamed all at once when I watched the wedding trailer with my husband (which he put up less than a week after my wedding!). I re-lived the best day of my life (I'm not just saying that - it was SO fun!) all over again. In our video, Joel included every aspect, detail, and emotion of that day, such as our quirky style and personalities, the breath-taking redwoods and ocean, and most of all, our love for each other...all in a way that is completely "us." The extraordinary way he put together my wedding video, the expressions he caught, the flow, and the synchronization with the gorgeous acoustic music will move even the hardest of hearts! The video keeps you engaged with extraordinary angles and lighting and views that blow my mind. There are a myriad of emotions that flow through the video - I re-live that day and the excitement I felt every time I watch it.
His work is something rare in the world of weddings: originality in capturing raw beauty and love, using creative methods in a way the normal eye could never perceive.
Ok, I know, I really should stop writing now :-). I will treasure my video forever! Obviously, I cannot recommend Joel Vanz enough for your outdoor wedding!

• Wedding: 07/09/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I fell in love with Joel's Bridal Elegance video.So much that I hired him over the phone.His price was to good to be true ,so I was not sure what the end results would be.Oh my goodness ,could not be happier.Joel, Thank -You for my beautiful video I will treasure it forever.If you do one thing hire Joel for your wedding video so you can relive your day over and over again.How special is that.Check out his trailers its just a tease, the end results are really that good and worth the very resonable price he is asking.

• Wedding: 10/02/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WOW! Joel did such a fantastic job, we LOVE our video! He exceeded our expectations as a professional and he really captured every moment beautifully, even though we hardly knew he was there. Best money spent on a memory that lasts a lifetime. AMAZING!
So good we are hiring him for another event because we have 110% confidence in his ability to capture the moments and magically transform them into a keepsake. Thank you Joel, Heidi jo Morgan

• Wedding: 08/15/2010
805-235-7570
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards