Island Bliss Weddings

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Our wedding took place on April 21, 2014. Janelle was our planner. St. Thomas was a destination on our cruise where we knew we wanted to get married. I found Janelle's name on CruiseCritic.com. She was so lovely to deal with! Most of the time, when I emailed her, I got responses in minutes or hours, not days. We thought her packages were very well priced, and also very customizable so we were able to get exactly what we wanted. On the day of our wedding, everything went so smoothly - I couldn't believe that something we planned from a huge distance could go so well. And it did, all thanks to her. She even managed to get a videographer for us, only a week before the wedding. She was awesome! Her husband, Stu, was our officiant. Talk about a great person to marry you! He was wonderful. He made it sound like he had known us for years, instead of only hours before. He picked up my husband and our best man, and we all met with our photographer in downtown St. Thomas for photos before he took us to the courthouse to sign our paperwork. Simply outstanding, both of them!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

We had a cruise in April 2014 with St Thomas (USVI) as a destination point and Ms Janelle Scott was our wedding coordinator. All was arranged perfectly (via e-mail) - we were picked up on time, everything was ready on site (an arch, a man playing the shiny casseroles (steel pan), a pleasant officiant 95% looking like Alec Baldwin - and a surprisingly tasty cake!

'Caribbean Wedding Dream' is the name of the package, just for the 2 (of us).

Our wishes were carefully considered even in small details.

We had a wonderful wedding and beautiful pictures taken by Simple Island.

Also an interesting helicopter ride. But if you are afraid of thick clouds and rain this is not for you. Brides should be careful with long dresses/gowns - they can be sucked into the vent hole on the helicopter door. If this happens, do not pull - you'll definitely tear it: wait till you land.

The island weather is too volatile - but don't panic when it suddenly starts pouring - it may happen that the sun will come back sooner than you think!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Island Bliss weddings made my ceremony absolutely beautiful! Could not have asked for anything more! She made it completely stress free with detailed emails and instructions on how to start putting a wedding together! Thank you so much Janelle!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Arrival: Cruise I will start off by saying I am an extremely organized and detailed individual. This said, I was looking for a company that could offer their expertise on everything from transportation, location, food, cake, flowers etc on an island I had never once visited before. I had to trust that Janelle and her team could take care of everything and take a leap of faith that my special day would be in the hands of people I have never worked with before. Well I couldn't have imagined it turning out any better. From day 1 I felt that her service was unmatched. Her quick response time on everything helped a lot specially with a planner as myself. And I will tell you that this is not common. I have personally work with companies from the islands and they work at a different pace. Janelle will always get back to you ASAP. I was coming for only 1 day via a cruise with my whole family and friends. We were a group of about 50 people. Janelle setup transportation with a Safari. Turned out to be a hit with the group! The service was on time and took us to the event and back to the ship. We chose to have the venue at Oceana Restaurant and it was the best decision ever. The views, staff and food were amazing. Janelle and her husband has to organize a very large group of people who did not necessarily cooperate at times, and they did a fantastic job at keeping everything on time since we only had the venue for 3 hrs. Everything was classy, from the arch, to the chairs, to the isle. Everything is very planned out from the beginning to each individuals taste and she has no problem looking for what fits your needs. We actually were able to save money by using the same flowers used on the isle on the tables at the restaurant. Her idea :)

I never thought I would ever do a destination wedding and now it is everything I recommend. Janelle is beyond amazing- so much that I never do reviews and decided to do it. Least I could for someone who made my day beautiful!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Janelle coordinated my son's wedding yesterday. We had been planning this destination wedding for six months. People were flying in from all over the world, on Valentine's weekend, often from snowed in cities. We cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She was professional, calm, flexible, creative, lovely and able to think quickly on her feet whenever any issue arose. Despite it being extremely hot during the beach wedding, she remained calm and unflappable. She anticipated everyone's needs, even before we knew we needed something. She was with us for the whole planning process, found us just the right vendors, and just made the entire experience seamless.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I live in Washington state and my husband and I knew we wanted a destination wedding. After much debating and research we finally decided on St. Thomas USVI for our wedding, After deciding that came the hardest part.... The idea of actually planning it all! Luckily it didn't take long before I stumbled upon Janelle from Island Bliss wedding somewhere online and no matter how much research I did or how many other websites I visited I kept coming back to her website. After a few emails back and forth we decided to go with her and I am so glad we did. She is very quick in her responses, She has so many helpful resources to answer all your questions, and offers invaluable inside knowledge of the island and vendors who can help make your day perfect. She helped streamline the whole planning process and had the whole thing set up perfectly on the wedding day. The vendors she suggested were wonderful, and the advice on locations for pictures and the ceremony were perfect. When it was time for the ceremony everything was in place. I was blown away by how unbelievable the wedding turned out to be. Everything was exactly what I had asked for and the result was better than I dared hoped. The wedding was perfect, Stuart as our officiant was awesome, and Janelle was on the scene to make sure there were no problems. I would easily recommend her to anyone getting married on the island and if we renew our vows in 10 years we will look her up for sure. Thank you Island Bliss weddings!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I would highly recommend Janelle at Island Bliss Weddings. I contacted her 3 weeds before we wanted to get married in St. Thomas and she helped us get threw the paperwork and responded to my emails quickly. Between her, Stuart and /Kate we couldn't have asked for a better day. Thanks again Janelle, Stuart and Kate for making our day very memorable!

Services Used: Photography, Wedding Planning

We couldn't imagine a more perfect wedding on Lindquist Beach--thanks to Janelle and her team. We initially contacted Janelle 2 years ago, shortly after getting engaged. In that long time span, she was always very responsive with various questions, concerns, and wedding day requests we had. I had a very special bridal bouquet request and she was able to fulfill it and make it look even better than what I had requested!

We decided to have our wedding ceremony while our cruise ship stopped in Charlotte Amalie at a beach about 20-30 minutes away with over 60 guests. Having to transport such a large party, make a short stop at the courthouse to sign papers, have the wedding ceremony, and having to get everyone back to the cruise port on time--we expected a hiccup or two. We didn't get that--everything went smoothly. Shortly before our wedding day, I asked if transportation could be modified so that we (bride and groom) didn't see each other until the actual ceremony. She was able to fulfill this request for us too!

With her planning, transportation of all 60+ guests to and from the ceremony site went smoothly and execution of the ceremony was MUCH MORE than we could have ever expected. The setup of the ceremony was EXACTLY how we had imagined. Stuart's words during the ceremony was touching to us and all the people in our group! Everyone loved the ceremony.

Thank you Janelle, Stuart, and team for everything you did for us on our special day. It truly was perfect. We almost never say anything is "perfect"--but we honestly think this day was. Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture
Private User
1+ year ago

Janelle was fantastic to work with! She was extremely prompt to reply to all my emails and questions. She's very detail oriented and made me feel confident even while planning from afar! Her husband, Stuart, was our officiant and he was also great - personable and professional! I highly recommend working with this perfect duo! Thank you again!

Services Used: Band, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Planning

Janelle, Stuart, and the team were SO EASY to work with. We had a quiet wedding moment at Lime Tree Beach when in St Thomas on Oasis of the Seas. They made everything simple and easy to where we could simply enjoy the moment and be completely present. Thank you so much for everything!

Services Used: Flowers, Officiant, Transportation, Wedding Planning

Janelle was very quick to respond to any and all the questions I asked. My wedding was absolutely beautiful! It was the PERFECT day! We came into St. Thomas on a cruise ship with 28 guests. (I set up the transportation.) We were able to go to the courthouse separately and my husband didn't see me until I was walking down the aisle. I didn't tell her specific flowers for my bouquet...I just said blues and whites - they turned out so beautiful! The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Stu the officiant and her husband, added some personal touches to the words he said to us. My family and friends were so impressed by how everything turned out. There was not a dry eye on the beach that day! It was the most beautiful day and wedding that anyone had ever been to!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

After getting engaged in January 2013, and deciding to have a wedding in November , we thought it would be extremely stressful to plan a destination wedding in St. John. We chose Janelle with Island Bliss Weddings to be our coordinator after seeing all the positive reviews, and we are more than happy to say that she certainly lived up to all the high expectations. She simplified the entire process, but she made sure all the important details were covered. She was very responsive to all the email inquiries, and she even provided some valuable tips along the way as well. Her best tip came when we were trying to decide the time and location of the ceremony. We had originally thought about having a sunset beach wedding, but Janelle mentioned that the water colors are beautiful in the morning and it wouldn't be quite as hot outside. We decided to have our ceremony on Hawksnest Beach in the morning, which then provided ample photography locations on the island throughout the rest of the day. The ceremony itself went very smoothly, and the officiant (Stuart Scott), photographer (Alex from BlueGlass Photography) and the flowers (East End Flowers) were all perfect. We would highly recommend Janelle and Island Bliss Weddings if you are planning to have a destination wedding in St. John/St. Thomas USVI.

Jeff & Michele

Services Used: Wedding Planning

We can only say that with Janelle and Stew from Island Bliss weddings we had the best Dream Wedding of our Life. Arriving in St. Thomas a bit early with a Cruise Ship we directly saw the Buses and SUV to pick us separately up. Everything was planned perfectly from them with going separate to the Court House and then to the Beach. There we ran into a wonderful decorated Scenery at the Beach and everything was there. They also organized us "Brooke" the Photographer and she did an awesome Job. After a short Briefing with Stew, he got us married at Lindquist Beach !! It was perfect from Minute 1 to the End...There was no rush and these people let us feel that everything was about us that day !! Stew and Janelle, You guys "rock" !!!!! Thanks for making our day soooooooo special. We would always recommend to use Island Bliss !!! Thanks again to you....

Chris, Sandy and little Vivien !!

Services Used: Photography, Wedding Planning

If I could do it over, I wouldn't change a thing. Everything was perfect from the location, the vows, to the floral arrangements. I am not photogenic at all, but we even got some truly beautiful photos. Highly recommend. We would have paid triple the amount, and wouldn't have had the same level of service if we had gone through the hotel's wedding planner.

Services Used: Photography, Wedding Planning

If your search to have an event or wedding planned by Island Bliss Weddings...has brought you here...you can stop searching now...our photographs have not been sent to us yet...they will no doubt be here soon....but we/I had to find a way to convey our appreciation for the outstanding services provided to us...by the staff of the above...I without a doubt know that our pics will be fabulous.....every facet and detail was seen to the needs of...our being in St Thomas....thanks to the efforts of the team that made such a wonderful memory for my Wife and I...it brought tears to my eyes....a private photo shoot, on a private beach, Eric the officiator, ....he and our photographer...Rudy... were outstanding...professional, courteous, kind, safe... I own several businesses in the service industry....and not too often..do I have the chance to be on the receiving end of such services...this team "bends"...and see's to the needs of in such a way...you will not be left wanting...they have my highest and warmest praise....a delight....from start to finish....again your search can stop now"....these are the peeps you want...Thanks again guys....

Services Used: Photography, Wedding Planning

I can't say enough good things about the services provided to us by Janelle and Island Bliss Weddings!!

I was organizing this from Ohio, which can be stressful, but I couldn't have wished for a more beautiful wedding ceremony than what was provided.

Janelle was so on the ball when it came to my requests and inquiries. The ceremony was amazing, the officiant even included our pets names and special details about our history together!! The violinist we requested played the most beautiful music (and on short notice because I didn't mention we wanted him til late in the game!).

Janelle took the groom and I to some amazing places on Hawksnest Beach (our wedding location) to take photos, and took extra time with us even though we were running over our time!

We couldn't have wished for a more perfect day, everything was just beautiful, and I'm a picky lady, so that says a lot! And to boot, this was a very affordable venture, we were definitely working on a budget, but Island Bliss Weddings made everything come together just the way we wanted. There were no hidden costs or fees.

Thank you again to Janelle and crew for an amazing, personal service, I hope everyone looking for a beach ceremony on St. John or St. Thomas will contact Janelle @ Island Bliss Weddings!!!