Island Bliss Weddings

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Our wedding was inexpensive and was like a dream come true. The pictures turned out so great!!! The florist had messed up our flower arrangements but as soon as it was pointed out they fixed it right away and made sure we were happy with it. Can't say enough great things about this company!!!

Services Used: Photography, Wedding Planning

My husband & I knew that we wanted a small beach wedding in St. Thomas. After searching many sites & reading the many great reviews about Island Bliss Weddings, I knew this was the wedding planner for us! Janelle made our wedding day absolutely perfect! She was very quick to respond to my emails & provided me with tons of helpful vendors on the island! She recommended Lindquist beach for us, which may just be the most beautiful beach on the island! Stuart was our officiant and customized our ceremony to fit us perfectly...it was like he had known us forever! We can't thank Janelle & Stuart enough for making the most important day of our life's so perfect & stress free!!

Services Used: Flowers, Officiant, Transportation, Wedding Planning

Oh my gosh! My wedding could not have went any more like a fairy tale! I sat back and let Janelle do ALL of the planning, and she was AMAZING. She told me how it was going to be, and it was even better! I felt like we became friends because of her quick responses, helpfulness, and kindness. Not to mention her husband, Stuart Scott, married us. My family and I were so surprised with how PERFECT the ceremony was. You literally would not know he wasn't a family friend that had known us our entire lives. That's how well he conducted the ceremony. It was literally my dream wedding. PLEASE, if you want to get married in St. Thomas or St. John (I highly recommend Trunk Bay at sunset :)) go with Janelle at Island Bliss Weddings.

Services Used: Photography, Wedding Planning

Janelle did a great job with our wedding! We didn't require much, but she was on top of it all. Great value. Very professional. Did all that we asked her to do without pressuring us buy more services/options. I couldn't have asked for more.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

My husband and I had our wedding at Lime Tree Beach on 5/28/14. It was more than what we expected. Janelle was excellent to work with from the beginning to the end of our wedding. Anytime I had a question, her responses were in quick and in a timely manner. My bouquet was gorgeous and our photographer were excellent. I can't wait to see the photos. Her husband Stuart was friendly and made us feel so welcome and relax. I would highly recommend Janelle, as planning from a far can be stressful, but she will make sure everything is just as the bride and groom wish for.

Mack and Devra Blango

Island Bliss Weddings responded with the following comments:

Congrats Mack & Devra! You looked beautiful and I'm so happy we could be a part of your day!

Services Used: Photography, Wedding Planning

Janelle Scott and her team was amazing! She provided us with a lot of suggestions and options. Responded to our emails quickly and also was very accommodating to our needs. Especially with a large wedding group that we had. Everything went smoothly on our wedding day. Linquist beach was surreal! Our reception at spirits of water was beautiful. We had a pool party after the reception in their infinity pool :) I was also surprised by how nice the decors and flowers were when you see them in real life! It was a perfect day! Couldn't have ask for anything more :) Thank you so much Janelle and your team!

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

My husband and I had our ceremony at Lime Tree Beach on 5/19/14. I am so glad we booked with Island Bliss Weddings! Everything turned out wonderful! I chose what I wanted and Janelle set everything up. Our officiant Stuart was great too. He doubled as our coordinator for the day since it was just the two of us (we didn't have any family or friends with us). He knew exactly what he was doing. Thank You Janelle and Stuart, it is a day we will forever remember! (I'm happy to be your 100th review!!!)

Island Bliss Weddings responded with the following comments:

My 100th review!! That's awesome! Thanks so much Tenishia! So glad you enjoyed your day and that Stuart took great care of you!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I choose Island Bliss Weddings to plan my destination wedding in St. Thomas, and I am very happy I made this decision. Janelle was very helpful and gave me great advise when I had trouble making decisions. Everything went very smooth the day of, and it really turned out perfect! Lindquist beach was beautiful and Stuart did a great job on the ceremony as our officiant. My bouquet was beautiful and the cake was delicious. Overall, I was very pleased with Island Bliss!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I don't know where to begin or what words I can use to describe our day except perfect. Everything was just perfect. Our day was so magical and special thanks to Janelle Scott. She made planning a destination wedding so easy and stress free and when our day finally arrived after months of planning and waiting everything went so smoothly and perfectly. We look at our wedding pictures and everything looks like fairy tale its hard to believe that that was all for us! We could not have been more happy with Island Bliss Weddings!

Services Used: Photography, Wedding Planning

Everything about Island Bliss Weddings was wonderful from start to finish! Janelle was my planner, and she always responded to e-mails very quickly (usually less than a day) and helped me through every step of the paperwork. Her wedding blog (as well as the Island Bliss website) provided all the information I needed about ceremony locations, flowers, decorations, and more, and were very clear and informative, and had lots of beautiful pictures!

We had a small wedding with 7 people, and got the Eat, Drink, and Be Married package. The groom and I were picked up from the cruise ship separately from our guests and driven to the courthouse to pick up our marriage license and got a great little island tour with commentary as we made our way to our ceremony site . When we got to the beach, our guest were already waiting for us along with the photographer and our arch was set up on the beach. My bouquet and the groom's boutonniere was also waiting for us, and they were exactly what I wanted! The ceremony was beautiful and Stuart did such a great job. The lunch afterwards was delicious... and my vegan guest absolutely loved her sandwich! We had a great time at the beach, and we were all sorry that we had to go back to the cruise ship! The ride back was quick and comfortable, and the driver didn't mind my dad talking his ear off :)

I highly recommend Island Bliss Weddings to anyone looking to get married on St. Thomas. Everything went so smoothly and it was so easy! Plus, you will have a beautiful wedding that will be the envy of everyone you know.

Island Bliss Weddings responded with the following comments:

Linda chose our very new Eat Drink and Be Married package - the perfect package for enjoying the day at the beach after saying I Do! So glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Planning

We just renewed our wedding vows and I was unsure about doing all this planning online without having to deal with someone in person but all I got to say is Janelle was amazing!!! She made it so easy and stress free that sometimes I thought to myself this was to good to be true but she really came throught for me. She returned my emails right away and is very accommodating and really works with you. Her husband Stuart picked us up at the Cruise port and was very pleasant aswell. She gave us the PERFECT wedding second time around. Island Bliss Weddings is truly the way to go.
Keep up the great work! Luisa and Dean

Island Bliss Weddings responded with the following comments:

YAY!! I know how much this 2nd ceremony meant to the two of you and I'm so glad we could be a part of it!

Services Used: Transportation, Wedding Planning

Janelle did an absolutely phenomenal job making our wedding day nothing but extraordinary! My husband and I were married on Trunk Bay in St. John (our favorite beach in the word!) Janelle was so thoughtful to find the glass vases I wanted in plastic to comply with the National Park no glass rules. She really took the extra step to ease my concern of which I had many. Biggest piece of advice I can give any bride, you may think all of the little details make a huge impact but in reality the biggest impact of the day will be when you are walking down the aisle locking eyes with your soon to be husband. I didn't notice any decorations until after we were married and I felt very silly stressing over all the little details that in the end really didn't matter. Our day was perfect and our guests were beyond impressed. Stuart did an amazing job as well from picking us up at the airport and escorting us to the courthouse to joking around with my husband and his best man right before the ceremony. It's stressful going into a wedding without a rehearsal but Stuart knows what he is doing and he did a great job officiating our ceremony. Thanks Janelle and Stuart for all of your hard work! It meant the world to Jon and I! I wish we could do it all over again lol! We had a blast!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Our wedding took place on April 21, 2014. Janelle was our planner. St. Thomas was a destination on our cruise where we knew we wanted to get married. I found Janelle's name on CruiseCritic.com. She was so lovely to deal with! Most of the time, when I emailed her, I got responses in minutes or hours, not days. We thought her packages were very well priced, and also very customizable so we were able to get exactly what we wanted. On the day of our wedding, everything went so smoothly - I couldn't believe that something we planned from a huge distance could go so well. And it did, all thanks to her. She even managed to get a videographer for us, only a week before the wedding. She was awesome! Her husband, Stu, was our officiant. Talk about a great person to marry you! He was wonderful. He made it sound like he had known us for years, instead of only hours before. He picked up my husband and our best man, and we all met with our photographer in downtown St. Thomas for photos before he took us to the courthouse to sign our paperwork. Simply outstanding, both of them!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Island Bliss weddings made my ceremony absolutely beautiful! Could not have asked for anything more! She made it completely stress free with detailed emails and instructions on how to start putting a wedding together! Thank you so much Janelle!

Arrival: Cruise
I will start off by saying I am an extremely organized and detailed individual. This said, I was looking for a company that could offer their expertise on everything from transportation, location, food, cake, flowers etc on an island I had never once visited before. I had to trust that Janelle and her team could take care of everything and take a leap of faith that my special day would be in the hands of people I have never worked with before. Well I couldn't have imagined it turning out any better. From day 1 I felt that her service was unmatched. Her quick response time on everything helped a lot specially with a planner as myself. And I will tell you that this is not common. I have personally work with companies from the islands and they work at a different pace. Janelle will always get back to you ASAP. I was coming for only 1 day via a cruise with my whole family and friends. We were a group of about 50 people. Janelle setup transportation with a Safari. Turned out to be a hit with the group! The service was on time and took us to the event and back to the ship. We chose to have the venue at Oceana Restaurant and it was the best decision ever. The views, staff and food were amazing. Janelle and her husband has to organize a very large group of people who did not necessarily cooperate at times, and they did a fantastic job at keeping everything on time since we only had the venue for 3 hrs. Everything was classy, from the arch, to the chairs, to the isle. Everything is very planned out from the beginning to each individuals taste and she has no problem looking for what fits your needs. We actually were able to save money by using the same flowers used on the isle on the tables at the restaurant. Her idea :)

I never thought I would ever do a destination wedding and now it is everything I recommend. Janelle is beyond amazing- so much that I never do reviews and decided to do it. Least I could for someone who made my day beautiful!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Janelle coordinated my son's wedding yesterday. We had been planning this destination wedding for six months. People were flying in from all over the world, on Valentine's weekend, often from snowed in cities. We cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She was professional, calm, flexible, creative, lovely and able to think quickly on her feet whenever any issue arose. Despite it being extremely hot during the beach wedding, she remained calm and unflappable. She anticipated everyone's needs, even before we knew we needed something. She was with us for the whole planning process, found us just the right vendors, and just made the entire experience seamless.