Howe Weddings & Events

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

This is the perfect example of a husband and wife team! Kelly and Susan made our day from the time we had our first conversation to our goodbyes at one in the morning. More than eager to please and had some excellent song ideas for a couple who had no idea where to even start. The Howe's provided the music for our ceremony and reception as well as back lighting for our reception. We had several guests compliment on the song selections and the visual effects. Kelly was right on top of announcements and kept us on schedule all night. If I ever had to do this over again I would choose these two in a heartbeat!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Private User
Recently Married

By far the BEST vendor we worked with. Kelly and his wife susan were extremely professional, organized, and fun to be around. We received numerous comments from guests about how great they were. We contracted for uplights, draping, and gobo light with them and it was all perfect. Will be recommending him to all of my friends.

Services Used: DJ

Kelly and Susan go above and beyond their role as a DJ/event coordinator and truly make the experience unforgettable! From the planning meetings before the event to the SMOOTH day of, I couldn't be more pleased with hiring this couple to help us celebrate our wedding. We couldn't be happier with how things turned out. If you're looking to hire a local DJ- Howe Weddings & Events is definitely the way to go!!!

Services Used: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Kelly was wonderful! From our initial meeting with him, he was incredibly knowledgable and professional. He really took time to understand the "vibe" of our wedding and guide us when we needed guidance. He played our perfect mix of alternative, oldies, jazz and pop music!

On the wedding day, Kelly guided the evening acting not only as DJ, but helping organize our grand entrance and buffet. He really kept the wedding on track and moving smoothly. He kept the wedding about us, but was lively and entertaining in his commentary.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about DJ Kelly!

Services Used: DJ

Kelly and Susan were more than just DJ’s at our daughter’s wedding and reception. They coordinated both the wedding and reception they made a fantastic team. Their past experience was priceless. The additional lighting they provided added a nice touch. Everything happened right on cue and if it didn’t we did not know it because they made the whole evening run smoothly. Their last name should be organized because I have never seen anyone do a better job. While we did have a couple glitches in another area that had nothing to do with them, they just pitched in and helped were ever they saw the need. We had so many people ask who they were, complimented them on their coordination and selection of music. Many people said they never saw the dance floor fill up so quickly. If you do not use Howe Wedding and Events you are missing out on the best. Thanks for making our daughter's dream wedding a reality. Bob and Deb

Services Used: DJ

Kelly and Susan did an awesome job at our wedding! The music was perfect and they really ensured that the evening flowed seamlessly. They are a great pair!

fallwedding913
10/12/2013

Howe Weddings and Events did a great job entertaining our wedding. We had Bobby and Connie as our DJ team and it was so nice to know that while Bobby was was doing the mucic and announcements, Connie was behind the scenes making sure everyone in our wedding party was where they needed to be and that my groom and I knew what was coming up next. Their on-line request system was a great additional service because we could choose our general music and favorite songs ahead of time to make sure our weding had the feel that we wanted it to. We met with Kelly to discuss each and every detail of the reception and were so please that all of that information was handed off to Bobby and carried out as we wanted it to be. We also appreciated that they had a price package that worked with our budget and included uplighting for the room.

Services Used: DJ

We had the privilege of working with Kelly and Susan for our wedding! We found them at a wedding show and booked them a couple months later for our wedding. The dynamic duo was so easy to work with, their goal was to keep things easy for us on the day of the wedding. They kept the day moving like clockwork for us! Susan jumped in and made sure she had things flowing smoothly so we got everything we wanted in on time. I would definitely recommend them to someone else, you get more than just a DJ from them! The music was great, the lighting was great and the added bonus of someone else keeping track of time and activities for us was great as well.

Services Used: DJ

Kelly and Susan were amazing! They brought the party to life. They made sure it was running smoothly, that the dance floor was on fire and that we were on track to do all the little things like the cake cutting, etc. I had so many guests complimenting me on what an awesome DJ I hired. It was fantastic. I will definitely hire him again in the future!

Services Used: DJ

I hired this company to DJ my daughters wedding. I read all the high reviews and decided they were the right fit for us. I am so happy I did. Kelly and Susan are the best. If it wasn't for them I don't know how we could have managed. They are way more then just Djs. Kelly even came to our rehearsal to make sure everything would flow right on my daughters wedding day . We had a outdoor wedding and indoor reception. Kelly did the music for both. Our pastor said she has never worked with such an organized dj before. Everyone was amazed at how great this team was. They kept everything on track the whole evening. They also did beautiful lighting in the room. If you don't hire this team you are really missing out.

Richard & Danielle
03/29/2013

Wow!!! Kelly & Susan could coordinate any party and blow it out of the water!! I can not tell anyone enough how happy we were with their professionalism and organization. All I herd for days after the wedding was how impressed they were with our DJ!! We will always keep them in mind for all our friends!! Thank you so Much Kelly & Susan!!!!
Love ya,
Richard & Danielle Cagle

Services Used: DJ

Wow! Kelly and Susan were absolutely amazing! We heard nothing but wonderful things from both of them! Not only were they flexible, but they were very professional! They both made sure we were aware of the schedules and events and where we needed to be. We walked into the reception place and didn't have a worry in the world! The quality of service was beyond what we could have asked for and we would recommend them to all wedding couples looking for a fun, professional, and great value couple! They were just so great! Thank you!

Services Used: DJ

Kelly and Susan were wonderful. They go above and beyond to take care of you just like you are family. The service was wonderful and we were very satisfied.

Services Used: DJ

Kelly and Susan did a wonderful job at our reception! Very professional and lots of fun! I would recommend ordering the lighting as it added a warm touch to our reception. They did a great job of cordinating our reception and catering to the different age groups and music requests. I would hire again!

Services Used: DJ

Kelly and Susan were great! They did everything we asked and even brought some fun ideas into the mix. Susan was great in keeping everything flowing with the dances, tosses and all of the other fun stuff. They have a large selection of all kinds of music and lighting options. They were responsive to everything we asked I would definiately use them in the future and recommend them to other brides.

Jennifer
10/13/2012
3.6

We used Howe Weddings for our DJ services.Kelly and Susan were already booked so we used Bobby and Connie.We met with Kelly and Susan for ALL of our meetings and were super impressed;they were thorough and did a great job of gathering what we wanted at our wedding.We did not meet Bobby and Connie until the day of. I sent Kelly a finalized plan a week or sobefore the wedding. He confirmed he got everything. Somehow it was not relayed to Bobby and Connie because ALOT of things were MISSING or WRONG. I had originally asked for oldies loves songs during dinner, but my husband and I decided to change to country. THE WHOLE DINNER WAS OLDIES. I noticed this while I was eating but was having such a good time i did not care. As we were going around tables greeting everyone Connie came and told me it was time for the first dance...3 differnt times. Each time I told her I understood but we were going to finish greeting our guests. Our last dance was the wrong song!!! We were supposed to do a grand exit with bubbles but Booby never announced anything.My mom had to go ask him to announce for everyone to line up.Kelly and Susan are amazing and i think some of these issues would not have happened had they done the wedding, but then again it was their job to relay the info to their "teammates."If you do book with Bobby and Connie I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you find a way to meet with them ahead of time so they can get a good understanding of what you want your wedding music to be like. We were both uncomfortable that we hadn’t but were assured it would be fine so we did not push the issue. We had an amazing night and as DJ's they got the job done.I would not say i was completely dissatisfied with our choice, but all the other vendors exceeded my expectations except them. I would still recommend looking into them for your wedding. Kelly and Susan are just so great and will basically RUN the whole wedding and reception for you.

Howe Weddings & Events responded with the following comments:

We are very sorry that Jennifer's experience with us was not a 5 star experience . Because OF THIS REVIEW we no longer are using other dj teams , including Bobby and Connie. We , Kelly and Susan Howe are now as of 2013, the only team working for our company . We did try to make our company larger so we could do multiple weddings but quickly realized that this was not US . We wanted to give 100% of our attention to "OUR" brides and grooms . Again I want to apologize for allowing this to happen . However I can assure that this will never happen again , because Susan and I will be the only ones in our company doing weddings from now on ,