Hotel Marlowe, a Kimpton Hotel

Value:
(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!! The staff at the Marlowe is first class, particularly the Assistant Banquet Manager, Bradley. Our guests repeatedly praised the high quality of service at the Marlowe. We would have our event there again in a heartbeat.

• Wedding: 05/02/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Hotel Marlowe was just absolutely incredible to work with. They helped us with details we never would have thought of ourselves. They were always responsive, worked through a munber of last minute changes with us with ease. Everything was fabulous and exactly the way we had hoped it would be. My husband and I would highly recommend them as a venue.

• Wedding: 02/22/2009
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Hotel Marlowe is a wonderful venue to have a wedding. The hotel itself is beautiful, with it's funky art deco design, winding staircase and lovely ballroom. A smaller and more intimate hotel in the midst of the city coupled with attentive and friendly staff. The food was fabulous and my guests are still raving about it. Everything was done to perfection. This wonderful day came together with the expert help of Kiralee Dugan, our wedding coordinator. I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with - she pulled it all together with her attention to detail, professionalism, calm demeanor, patience and flexiblity. She was terrific!

• Wedding: 10/12/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I recently got married at the Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge MA and we loved it! The Hotel Marlowe is an amazing location and had a some great outside spots for photos. The hotel is so warm and inviting and the staff is the friendliest I have ever met (our guests even mentioned that to us). We had our ceremony and reception onsite and everything went off seamlessly. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is out of this world. We have had guests raving about it since the wedding.

Kiralee Dugan (the wedding coordinator) was always pleasant and on the ball, we couldn't have asked for a better coordinator. She made the planning so easy and fun, and always made us feel like we were the only bride and groom she was working with. We would HIGHLY recommend this location to anyone in the market.

• Wedding: 10/10/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kiralee was phenomenal to work with. She was very helpful with suggestions and answered all questions in a timely manner. She was also very open to my requests and played a major part in making my day exactly what I had always envisioned it to be. The entire staff at Hotel Marlowe was extremely helpful - all my of guests said it was a wedding they will never forget for all of the right reasons. Also - food got many rave reviews!

• Wedding: 07/12/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Hotel Marlowe and Kiralee, our event coordinator, was absolutely wonderful. From the moment we walked in to look at the hotel until the moment we checked out of the hotel the morning after the wedding, everything - and I mean everything, was easy and wonderful and beautiful and EXACTLY what we wanted. Kiralee helped us design the perfect wedding and every aspect of it was fabulous. She was a dream to work with as was all of the Marlowe staff. Our guests stayed at the hotel and we had a brunch the morning after- I can not emphasize enough just how great they were. Over a year later and I still can't find anything to complain about. The food was fabulous, the room looked divine and my exacting NY relatives are still raving about the wedding... and that is not an easy accomplishment!

• Wedding: 12/29/2007
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was absolutely amazing. Not one thing went wrong adn Kiralee our wedding organizer was amazing to work with and made sure that our wedding went perfectly as planned. Would recommend Hotl marlowe in a heartbeat to anyone. people still talk about it tio this day.

• Wedding: 10/27/2007
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We booked our wedding through Kiralee Dugan at Hotel Marlow who was wonderful! She was flexible, professional, and knew her stuff. I have recommened her and this hotel to a lot of friends. My out of town guests felt at home and the "living room" provided a space for everyone to gather at night and enjoy having everyone together. Kiralee was the consumate perfessional and gave us the best advice with respect to our monetary requirements and our expectations from vendors. Her upbeat and non-judgemental vibe made it so easy for us to be honest about what we wanted without fearing that our wedding planner would "poo-poo" it. She helped us prioritize our needs and we ended up getting everything we wanted (i.e. outdoors ceremony, indoor party, cultural traditions, et.) We loved the whole experience. She and the hotel made it the best day my life.

• Wedding: 07/07/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We spent a good deal of time researching and visiting possible wedding venues, and selected the Marlowe not only because of its location and amenities, but also because of the professionalism and responsiveness of Elizabeth, the catering sales manager that we worked with. Every step along the way, Elizabeth was there to answer our many questions and research our many requests. She always had a positive attitude and worked hard to ensure that we were comfortable with the planning of the event. She took care to understand our budget, and was creative in coming up with solutions to fit the needs of our event within those constraints.

The event itself was very smooth. The "living room" area of the lobby was absolutely perfect for our many out-of-town guests to meet and socialize. Being connected to the mall (you don't even have to go outside) gave us easy access to quick meals and last-minute shopping. The spiral staircase in the lobby and the outdoor area next to the hotel near the canal were great for taking candid pre-wedding photos.

The hotel staff were ready to go when our ceremony ended over 20 minutes early. Elizabeth was great in working with our wedding planner to ensure a smooth flow, and dealing with some minor crises (not enough flowers being delivered). The ballroom was perfect for us - because the decor was modern, and it had a view of the water, it did not require any additional decoration. Although my expectations for food at any wedding are low, we felt that the Marlowe's food was excellent all-around, and the catering staff was not pushy about getting us to eat quickly.

Our guests were very impressed with the hotel. We received numerous compliments about the facility itself, as well as the friendly staff. In addition, the location was convenient for our out-of-town guests, being relatively close to the airport, and about halfway between the sites of Cambridge and downtown Boston.

We highly recommend the Marlowe!

• Wedding: 11/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our ceremony and reception at the Hotel Marlowe and it was a great experience. They were really easy to work with and everything came out wonderfully. The food was phenomenal. Everyone was raving about it. We worked with Maggie and she really helped us along. I highly recommend this venue.

• Wedding: 02/26/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We recently had our wedding at the Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge, MA and would highly recommend this venue for any couple that is looking for a venue for their wedding. The Hotel Marlowe provided a very unique, warm, inviting and romantic and luxurious setting for our wedding. We would highly recommend you look at their website!! In addition, all their staff were extremely helpful and friendly both to us and our guests staying at the hotel. Kiralee, (their catering/event coordinator), was the best - she was extremely professional, accomdating, and quick to try to cater to our every need.

Again, we would highly recommend this place to all and had a wonderful wedding at this hotel!

• Wedding: 10/18/2008
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Hotel Marlowe is a wonderful venue for a wedding. Our guests raved about the entire event; e.g., food, ambiance and sense of intimacy and warmth, despite 135 people. The hotel's event coordinator, Amy Anderson, was exceptionally competent, respectful, and especially fun to work with.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Profile Picture
Private User
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved our wedding at Hotel Marlowe. We had a beautiful day and had our ceremony at the park next to the hotel. Amy was great during the entire planning process answering questions promptly, and making our day unique and special.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Absoulutely wonderful! We were so happy with not only the event location, planning, and catering, but thrilled and continually happy with the staff. The friendly staff are what made this event so successful and easy for us to plan.

• Wedding: 09/05/2009
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hotel Marlowe did a wonderful job for our wedding! Elizabeth was fabulous to work with- she was very responsive, flexible, helpful, and knowledgeable. The food was delicious, the décor was up to my high standards, and the staff was very accommodating. In particular, people commented on the appetizers and dessert table. If we could do this wedding all over again, we would absolutely have it at the Marlowe! That being said, there are a few complaints that have been expressed to me. 1. Mother of the bride made it back to last 30 minutes of cocktail hour and was not approached once by a server with appetizers. As host, she remained worried that people were not getting enough to eat. 2. We were supposed to get wine with dinner. Dinner was served and some were halfway through their meal -- still no wine, so I went to look for Nicola. Ended up speaking with the woman who was stationed near the bar. I told her the problem -- people will finish dinner before wine is poured and I requested it be attended to. She said they will serve wine after everyone served food -- I said that was not acceptable b/c most will be finished eating, especially those who received their meals first. The wine pour arrived very late and for the most part, it sat on the table. Not happy with the way that went -- not as advertised! Have more servers to better coordinate! 3. Salad was not dressed. Was the dressing forgotten? I could not taste it, and LOTS of folks mentioned the same to me. I know of at least 2 tables who asked their servers for extra salad dressing for the table. For the price, we expect things to be just right. 4. My fish was dry and it and the risotto were barely warm. Hope others were more satisfied with their food!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I recently got married at Hotel Marlowe and had the most special experience there. The hotel itself is a boutique hotel located in Cambridge and is a little oasis in the midst of the city. It has such a warm and welcoming feel to it, and my husband and I immediately fell in love with the space when scouting wedding venues. We worked with Amy, who was a dream to work. We began getting to know Amy about 1.5 years before the actual wedding, and every time I emailed her with a question or concern she always got back to me so fast. She really understands how to be professional and responsive, which I really appreciated during a stressful planning process. We held our ceremony and reception in the Serano ballroom, and it was just perfect. We had about 182 guests, and while we were nervous the space would be tight, it was not at all. The ballroom is lovely, and we dressed it up with uplighting, which I recommend doing if you can, and we had a combination of high and low centerpieces on the tables. It looked amazing. The bridal suite we stayed in was also very luxurious and so much fun to enjoy! Can't say enough good things about Hotel Marlowe. The staff are also great, even the valets. Everyone there is so doting! Highly recommend this venue for a wedding under 200 guests.

• Wedding: 06/30/2013
617-395-2523
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards