Holmes-Shusas

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Amazing customer service, family oriented, gorgeous arrangements! I am having an incredible experience with Holmes-Shusas it means a lot to me that they care so much about the bride and groom, making each wedding unique and special!

Services Used: Flowers

I couldn't have had a better experience with Holmes-Shusas. I worked with Paul, specifically. He was magnificent from the first meeting! I had been having a very stressful day and the second our meeting started, I was instantly calm. He was able to bring my ideas to life instantly. He put a bouquet together for me right on the spot and I was able to enjoy those beautiful flowers for close to a week! I gave him my vision for the Chuppah and centerpieces, which would be made up of branches and leaves, and he made it happen. Paul was very quick to respond to any question I had. He was great at follow-up. He was extremely friendly. I also appreciated Paul's willingness to work in my budget - (and it was still everything I wanted). Again, I really couldn't have been happier! My wedding was a week ago and I'm still enjoying my beautiful bouquet! Paul and team - thank you for all of your hard work - the color at my wedding was spectacular because of you!

Services Used: Flowers

We were so pleased with the bouquets and centerpieces that we received from Holmes-Shusas. It was a pleasure from the beginning working with Paul there, and his extensive knowledge about what types colors of flowers would work best for our summer wedding. We received so many compliments about our flowers and we really felt that they helped to brighten up our reception. Thank you so much for being a pleasure to work with and our beautiful flowers!

Services Used: Flowers

Paul started off our appointment by talking to us about music and our interests, instead of just forcing expensive flowers on us. I described what I wanted in a bouquet, and he was very excited to learn that I was going for odd wildflowers instead of roses and tulips. He put together an amazing set of flowers for us that really fit my vision perfectly. I didn't think I wanted flowers for my wedding at all, but I am so glad I gave this place a chance because it really helped make the setting complete.

Private User
1+ year ago

We would definitely recommend Holmes-Shusas Florists....the flowers at our wedding were BEAUTIFUL! We approached Paul at Holmes-Shusas Florist relatively late in the wedding planning process and he was more than willing to help us out for our wedding, when many other florists had already refused us for already being too booked to assist. Paul wanted to make sure we weren't left flower-less for our wedding.

He met with us in person and spent a great deal of quality time with us getting to know our preferences as a couple, and spent extra time making sure that I (the bride) didn't feel pressured to make any decisions that I didn't understand. Every step of the way he encouraged me to be as unique with my floral decisions as I wanted to be and at no point did he judge me for stepping outside the norm of what "most" brides always do...in fact he encouraged me to be unique and to make my wedding my own.

On our wedding day, the flowers were delivered on time and in perfect condition. The boutonnieres held up great and were not too hard to pin onto the men. The bouquets had such vibrant colors...they were the center of many people's compliments at our wedding! Again, I can't thank them enough for bringing my vision of flowers to life at our wedding. Paul was a wonderful, calming, reassuring, very knowledgeable person to work with in the crazy process of planning a wedding!

Services Used: Flowers

Paul @ Holmes- Shusas was a pleasure to work with! He was extremely professional and friendly! We worked together to create EXTRAORDINARY centerpieces that definitely here a huge hit at our wedding! All of our guests said they were a complete “wow factor” My mom and I met with Paul several times to get our vision just right- Paul has patience and his work is outstanding! I would definitely recommend Holmes-Shushas to any bride who wants to have a great and memorable experience just like I did!! Thanks Paul!
-Crystal

Services Used: Flowers

The owner was very helpful in understanding my vision and budget. I didn't really want to focus our budget on flowers and he understood this, but got what I needed to under a certain price. He also, knowing about budget concerns, was upfront and honest and didn't try to upsell or push some more expensive flowers and it also gave a little unique look to my and my maid of honors bouquets.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

The staff was very nice to work with and willing to help with my specific details. However there were some mistakes in my flowers on the day of the wedding. My groom & groomesmen didn't wear their flowers because they were to bulky and wouldn't stay on and they were not the color we agreed upon with the florist (I had 2 different rose colors in my wedding). My bouquet was to contain a "special" color Cala Lily that noone else had besides my groom and they put that in the MOH bouquet too. All in all the flowers were beautiful, however not quite what I ordered.

Sarah
09/08/2012

We were very happy that we selected Holmes-Shusas as our florist. I changed my mind a few times throughout the process in terms of what I wanted and how much and they were very accommodating. They also did not try to oversell or upsell to more expensive flowers. They listened to what I was looking for and offered great suggestions. It also helped that they were reasonably priced.

Services Used: Flowers

My husband and I worked with Holmes-Shusas for our personal flowers, cake flowers and a few pew decorations for the church. We thought that Holmes-Shusas did a great job with all the bouquets, boutonnieres, flower clutches, and other décor items. We worked specifically with Paul, who guided us in the process, assisting to clarify various traditions, with complimentary contemporary touches. We knew exactly what flowers and colors we wanted to use prior to meeting with any florists, so it made that part of the planning process easy, but Paul took those notes and made them happen. He was also flexible as we changed our minds a few times about details, and added on a few items the week before the wedding. The flowers were fresh, and the colors were bright and beautiful!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

They did a wonderful job, had fair prices, and were honest about how much flowers you will need (didn't try to over sell). They were great to work with!

Services Used: Flowers

Paul and the staff at Holmes Shusas were wonderful to work with! We met with Paul shortly after we got engaged, and I really did not have too many ideas about what I wanted. Paul helped me to sort out my thoughts, and showed me lots of different flowers to pick from! I thought it was really neat to be able to see the actual flowers while I was there, and how they would fit together. He was very honest about what we needed, and what we really did not need. Also, there were three different price points, so he can really work with every budget. When the flowers arrived on our wedding day, tears came to my eyes. They were beautiful!!! I loved my bouquet, as well as my bridesmaids bouquets. The centerpieces were gorgeous! The arch for the ceremony and all the flowers around were so beautiful as well! Paul also threw in a toss bouquet at no charge for me, so that I didnt have to ruin my beautiful bouquet :) We got so many compliments on our flowers, even on our corsages and boutonnieres! Thanks to the entire staff at Holmes Shusas for such perfect flowers!!!

Services Used: Flowers

We had heard nothing but great things about this vendor! I have to say I was stunned by the beauty of the bouquets! The centerpieces were raved about everytime we saw someone! They all said that the flowers lasted a good week + after the reception!

Services Used: Flowers

H-S did a very nice job on my flowers for the bridal party and reception; they were bright and perfect for Spring. That said, a negative was the age-appropriateness of the corsages for both mothers and readers (a little "mature" for the tastes of myself and the recipients), Another was my mother's wrist corsage fell apart before our photos were even taken. She tried to repair it as best as she could, ie: not that well. If I were to choose them again, I would really want them to pay attention to trends and new techniques that arise.

Services Used: Flowers

The service that we received at Holmes-Shausas was above and beyond any other florist in the area that we met with. They really listened to my ideas and were paid very close attention to price. I was able to choice three price points based on the flowers that I picked out for each category of flowers that I needed (Bide bouquet, bridesmaid bouquets, mother flowers, centerpieces etc..) It was a great way to figure out where I wanted to spend my budget and which areas I could cut back. Deliveries to all three locations were timely and the flowers were fresh and beautiful. We received so many compliments on the centerpieces!

Services Used: Flowers

Paul and the staff at Holmes Shusas was excellent to work with! They were very helpful and accommodating. Paul met with us several times and worked to tweak our flower arrangements until we were satisfied with them. They recommended getting a test centerpiece - which was an awesome idea - we actually ended up changing the centerpieces because of this and we were so much happier the second time around. The arrangements were beautiful! I would have liked to see more variety in our alter arrangements - it was roses to keep the cost down - but I wished they were able to get the gerber daisies and calla lilies in there for the price that we paid. I was very happy with my bouquet! I love the little crystals they added - such a nice touch! I would have liked the matron of honors to be a little larger than it was. All in all we were very happy with the flowers. They were an expense - but we were happy with the outcome! They look beautiful in all the photographs! We would recommend Holmes Shusas to any of our friends!