Historic Kent Manor Inn

Historic Kent Manor Inn

Stevensville, MD
410.643.4242
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

We had our ceremony and reception at Kent Manor April 18. It is a beautiful venue with amazing staff. I worked with Ashley during booking and she was there the day of the wedding overseeing everything. It was perfect. I could not have asked for better service, food or overall professionalism. I have had people call me and say they had never been to another wedding that was as beautiful. The grounds are gorgeous and is just a romantic place for a wedding.

We also did brunch for everyone that spent the night and people raved about the food. I actually had to of my friends husbands say they were never leaving there:)

Lindsay
10/11/2014

Ashley and the entire team at Kent Manor were simply wonderful. They made our special day stress-free. The food is FANTASTIC, the scenery beautiful, and the atmosphere intimate. What more could you ask for?

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I highly recommend choosing Kent Manor for your wedding venue. There are so many beautiful places to get married on Kent Island, but the thing that sets Kent Manor apart (besides the comfy Inn setting, the scenic view, and the charming grounds) is the service and attention you'll receive throughout the process. Ashley is fantastic to work with. She'll help create the perfect (and insanely delicious) menu for your guests (including dealing flawlessly with a gluten-free bride and a vegetarian mother-of-the-bride). Tia, also, was INVALUABLE to have as our go-to point person from day one. She is incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and genuinely cares. I am insanely detail-oriented, and Tia was so patient, kind, fun, and easy to work with. I don't exaggerate when I say that she made sure every detail was taken care of, and she did it all with a smile on her face. I couldn't be happier with our choice of Kent Manor.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Erica
09/12/2014

This was the perfect spot for our wedding. It is on the water with a beautiful pier. The garden house was the right size for our wedding. The food was amazing and the staff was very nice. What a great time.

Private User
Recently Married

Very professional and easy to work with. The site is worth every penny - food is fantastic and pictures outside are amazing.

Ruth
05/10/2014

I had my wedding reception at The Preserve at Kent Manor Inn. I booked the venue before it was built (risky I know), but it was the only space large enough that offered what I was looking for in a space. Ashley at KMI was very helpful throughout the whole process. There were a few issues that came up during the building process but the staff at KMI was a very open and upfront. The food was excellent! We were blown away by the tasting experience and how gourmet the samples were. On the day of everything was still up to par. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. I am so glad we booked at Kent Manor. As far as value is concerned it is pricey, but seems to be comparable for the area.

4.7

Kent Manor was a beautiful venue to have both my ceremony and reception at- the food was great (Just make sure you specify the exact doneness of any steaks, because they tend to cook on the rare side.) Ashley and Danielle were both a dream to work with :)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would just like to thank Ashley and Danielle for their help in making our wedding day perfect! The entire staff at Kent Manor was a pleasure to work with and I can not say enough good things about everyone! We also held our rehearsal dinner there the day before the wedding and a private Sunday brunch after the wedding as we had many people stay overnight. The food was amazing, all of our requests were met and the staff just handled everything. Danielle made sure the wedding day was absolutely perfect and if there was ever an issue, I never knew about it. Ashley worked with us and our budget and along with the chef was able to give us what we wanted and it was reasonable compared to many other venues we worked with. We had a small wedding and some venues would not even speak to us because they had high minimums, etc, but Kent Manor treated us as if we has a guest count of 300! Kent Manor was the perfect choice for our wedding. It was very intimate, personable, and beautiful! Can not wait to return to another Sunday brunch in the near future! Thank you again!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue. The food is exactly like the tasting and guests are still raving about how good it was! Danielle is great the day of, she calmed me down and made my worries go away! The venue is very clean and everything went very smoothly! Def worth checking out! Suggest great vendors as well!

Private User
1+ year ago

Beautiful venue! great food! wonderful service!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! A lovely inn on the water with a beautiful reception facility. The food was outstanding and service was great. We worked with Ashley who walked us through all of the arrangements. They offered a tasting session to select appetizers and meals. The bridal suite is included for the night.'

Check them out - you won't go wrong!

Jaclyn
10/05/2013

The Kent Manor Inn made our wedding a dream come true! They are amazing! Our guests complimented us on every aspect of the event, especially the food! The bartenders were accomodating and kept a busy bar under control without any waiting for guests. The food was amazing! My husbands and I are still talking about the bacon wrapped scallops! The cocktail hour outside was a blast and guests loved the fabulous displays. I would highly recommend the Kent Manor Inn. We'll be looking for excuses to host another event there!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot imagine being married anywhere else. We balked at the price initially, but when we looked at everything it included, we decided Kent Manor was worth it. And they really were. The food was great and the staff that day was wonderful. They worked with us to plan what we wanted but we still had their professionalism to rely on. Of all the positives, nothing can beat staying there the night before with our wedding party. We felt like we lived there for a couple days (I wish!) and the wonderful hotel and serving staff made us feel at home and like royalty, all at once. Hope to stay the night again some time to relive the memories.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married at Kent Manor in September 2013 and we were very satisfied with our choice of vendor. We had a very small wedding (41 guests), so we worked with Stephanie, who was fabulous. She was prompt with communication, patient, and answered all our questions.

The venue itself is beautiful – from the dockside ceremony site to the large balconies (which we used for photos) and the nicely appointed dining rooms. We were inside the main house in the Thompson Room for dinner and the fireplaces really added to the ambiance. I had a lot of DIY ideas and made many of my own decorations and Stephanie and her team set everything up perfectly – even better than I could have imagined!

The food was fantastic also and we thought the catering prices and packages were more than reasonably priced. We had an awesome tasting in advance, which allowed us to try a variety of menu items. We went with the crab cakes and filet mignon and they did not disappoint. All of our guests cleaned their plates! They even made a signature cocktail for us at my request and worked to accommodate my food allergy.

The day went very well and Stephanie had everything under control with the vendors. Our bartenders and servers were awesome too – they really went out of their way to make us happy and were super nice while doing it!

We did have a few minor disappointments along the way, mostly because we were a smaller wedding. When we originally booked the venue, they had wanted us to wait 3 months to guarantee the ceremony site for our use. Stephanie did some magic on her end and that was quickly resolved. We also were only given a few rooms for our guests because the rest were reserved for the larger wedding that weekend. Our rooms were all very nice, but I was a bit disappointed that we weren’t given one of the two bridal suites.
All that said, we were very happy with our choice and would highly recommend KMI!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kent Manor is a wonderful, beautiful place for any wedding or event. Ashley and Danielle were very responsive during the whole process. It could not have been a better place or day for our wedding.

1.0

Kent Manor is beautiful! Wait staff pleasant and food wonderful. However, they will nickel and dime you and not give you all 24 rooms. I was unimpressed and very displeased with my experience with Ashley and Danielle. They are an overwhelming part of Kent Manor and if you are a DIY bride like me, you will find that they over promise and under deliver. Kent is probably best if you have the money to hire a wedding coordinator to make-up for all their shortfalls, which is disappointing considering the price of the venue. They lack attention to detail, forgot many of the specifics we had discussed, and failed to act proactively in assisting with planned or unexpected situations. We had to handle more of the decorating the day of due to them disregarding us. Ashley, the wedding coordinator, was less responsive, organized, and competent than she should be. She requires lots of follow-up and every time she sent us something, like the contract or final balance, something was incorrect. Danielle, the day-of coordinator, was patronizing when asked a question. She didn’t do simple things like lighting all the candles or seating individual according to the ceremony seating map. The worse is how she handled our firework situation. It created an awkward and embarrassing end to our wedding. Instead of informing us the fireworks were not occurring, she let the band stop playing and everyone migrate outside to stare at the sky for a big surprise. Only then did she tell us of the error. Since she knew about the situation, she should have anticipated the need to change the schedule: ie tell the band to keep playing then quietly pull us aside to explain the situation. Instead, she let everyone go outside and then pulled us aside with everyone within earshot. The groom then had to apologize to our guests for the fireworks not occurring. She should have handled the situation properly and used tact to resolve the mess before anyone knew anything about the fireworks.