Hilton Woodcliff Lake

(4.7 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I decided to switch hotels late in the game and Scott came to our rescue. He was incredibly accommodating and extremely responsive! The Hilton has everything you are looking for as a bride-to-be. The suites are AMAZING -- huge, clean, with a bar and extra bathroom. My entire wedding party got ready here and there was still so much space. They provide shuttles to the venue for all hotel guests, if you meet a certain room quota. The shuttles were large and clean. They can accommodate handicap accessible guests, private brunches the next morning, their grounds are beautiful and we were able to take pictures there as well. All in all, we were so happy with this hotel and would HIGHLY recommend it to others! :)

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married here at the end of April and I am a very detail oriented (anxious) bride. The staff at the hilton was amazing, particularly Tom, Stephanie, and Max. They listened to each question and concern that I had and addressed them quickly and amazingly. Everyone told me that things would go wrong on my wedding day, but I can honestly say that the day was PERFECT and that people are still talking about how amazing the room looked and how delicious the food was!

• Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

EXCELLENT SERVICE: I recently had the pleasure of working with the Hilton Woodcliff Lake for my 9/10/11 wedding. First I would like to start off by saying that Jeff, the Sales Manger, was absolutely amazing to work with & he is a huge part of why I am rating this venue 5 stars! Wedding planning can be extremely stressful, but Jeff was Always Quick to respond to my dozen emails & was Always able to answer all the questions I had! ...IN FACT, the day of the wedding, while in the limo on the way to the venue, I realized I told him the incorrect time that the party ended.. In a panic I emailed him from my phone asking him if it was possible to change the shuttle time, & he emailed me minutes later saying it was no problem!! AMAZING!!

Next, we had our post wedding brunch at the hotel & the food was excellent & room was very spacious for our 80+ guests! Mark, the Senior Convention Service Manager, was very catering to our requests & also very urgent with responding to all my emails!

BEAUTIFUL HOTEL: My husband and I were recommended to this vendor through our venue, The Estate at Florentine Gardens, as an option for our guests to stay! Once we visited, we knew it was the perfect place for us! A few things that stand out: the hotel lobby is very impressive when you first walk in, the bridal suite is HUGE & was extremely roomie for my 8 bridesmaids & I to get ready!, there is a restaurant on the premises, as well as a cute little coffee shop, very pretty grounds to take photos, the hotel bar is open till 2am:) Lastly & most importantly, the hotel provides shuttle service to and from your venue if you book X amount of rooms, which was amazing!

**Well deserved 5 stars & I would recommend this vendor to anyone looking for a hotel in Northern Jersey!

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We went to the Hilton Wood Cliff Lake a year before our wedding. We really liked the idea of our guests staying at the hotel after the Reception. Therefore we booked. In August, 3 months before our wedding Tom called us and said the gentleman who was handling our wedding was no longer there and he would be handling it. Well Jim and I were a little concerned. Ever with the food, and presentation with such a large group, it was delicious. Anyhow, Tom was amazing, her sat with us, saw what we wanted and then made it happen. Everything on our wedding day was perfect. He was there to make certain it was how we wanted it. A month later people are still talking about how it was the best wedding they have ever been to. So if you are considering a hotel venue I recommend the Hilton Wood Cliff Lake.

• Wedding: 11/14/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Woodcliffe Lake Hilton was my faireytale vendor. If you choose to get married there you need to ask for Tom. He was AMAZING... He felt like part of our family during the planning. He made us feel at ease and put on an amazing production. I got married almost 6 months ago and people are still talking about my wedding. I reccommend if you are looking at venues to go to the Woodcliffe Lake Hilton your search will end there and you will be blown away.

• Wedding: 06/14/2009
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding here in the summer of 2014. We visited about 5 other possible sites including hotels and other banquet halls but went with the Hilton Woodcliff Lake because of the beautiful outdoor space and the variety of the menu. Working with Beth, the catering sales manager, was such a wonderful experience. She was thorough, professional, responsive and clear about the entire process, start to finish.
The suites and rooms were beautiful. The suite is HUGE large enough for both bridal parties to get ready, if needed. The other rooms and facilities in the hotel are all clean and newly furnished. We, our guest and our families all enjoyed the taste and the variety of the menu. The staff was professional, friendly and helpful the day of.
I took a half star off not due to the staff related to the wedding but due to separate staff/department who handled booking the group hotel rooms. The staff member responsible changed twice during our process and caused minor confusion. We would definitely recommend the Hilton Woodcliff Lake Hotel.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Private User
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband's family booked this place for the rehearsal dinner since we were staying at this hotel during our wedding weekend. Our rehearsal dinner was held outside near the gazebo, BBQ/buffet style. The food was amazing and it was beautiful outside. We were able to get Caribbean food (grilled pineapple, seafood paella, salmon, BBQ ribs, and other tropical fruits) which we could not get any where else. The wait staff was attentive and made sure the food was replenished often. This was our second choice for a wedding venue. I would definitely recommend this place if you are planning to get married.

Hilton Woodcliff Lake responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and your family planning your rehearsal dinner. We are so happy that we were able to provide you with an experience that surpassed your expectations. Please come see us again if we can be of assistance to you in any way. Much happiness to you and your family!

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I just had our reception at the Hilton in Woodcliff Lake. We had looked at a couple of venues, however decided to go with the Hilton due to their flexibility with us. Like some couples, we were working with a tight budget. The Hilton staff were able to meet our budget and give us a Saturday evening!! The facility and ballroom were beautiful!! We worked with Beth DiSimone, who was beyond helpful and attentive to our needs. We also got a room block for our out-of-towners at a discounted rate. We received a complimentary Bridal Suite as we had our reception there, which was perfect because we left for our honeymoon the following morning at 6:30am. Lastly, everyone is talking about how great the food was, from cocktail hour to dessert. The Hilton was definitely a plus in our book!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Loretta and Tom were awesome! They made sure that I had everything I needed and really made me feel special!

• Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tom was the best. He helped us to create an unique wedding cake of cookie. He is the best event coordinator I have ever worked with.

• Wedding: 11/06/2010
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This hotel was great they were easy to work with and very helpful. We bought breakfast for everyone the next day although pricy it was really great and very yummy. The rooms are beautiful and my bridal suit was large and very comfortable.

• Wedding: 03/24/2012
Carolina
4.4/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

We held our reception at the Woodcliff Lake Hilton. Everything came together beautifully and they were more than accomodating with all of our requests. Even though it was a hotel wedding, the ballroom does not feel like the typical hotel conference room and it looked so elegant. The service was absolutely great and the night of the wedding we felt like everything went so smoothly and we didn't not have to worry about a thing except enjoying ourselves. Our guests raved about the food and the cake was even more beautiful than the sample photo we had chosen from. I would definitely recommend to anyone planning a wedding to check out the Woodcliff Lake Hilton!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We booked a room block of over 50 rooms and had our next day brunch with the Hilton. We had a very mixed bag with the Hilton.

The brunch the next day was great and the buses arrived on time to take our guests to and from the venue. Each guest was given the room that they had reserved and the bridal suite provided to us was very nice. An assistant who was not in charge of our room block was very helpful when we did not hear from the representative who was handling everything from us. Those are the positives.

Here are the negatives: The father of the bride was given a room without working air conditioning (it was over 95 degrees the weekend of our wedding).

The representative who was in charge of our room block and booking our brunch the next day left without telling us. Before she left, she forgot to put our room request in for the brunch. Had we not called to check in, we would have lost our space for the brunch. No one from the hotel told us that our representative was leaving and the new representative was not told to contact us or made aware of our account.

The hotel was very unresponsive. It would take days to receive a response be it either via email or phone. One representative told us we were not their priority as we were not having our wedding there. While this should be the case, you don't have to remind us of this. We felt as though we had to "fight" for things that were entitled to us.

We dropped off hotel bags to be passed out to the guests staying in our room block. These were not passed out to our first guests. One of the guests staying had to go down to remind them to pass them out.

The hotel wrote a welcome letter for us, which was very nice. However, both of our names were spelled wrong despite the names being not only on the contracts but on several emails.

Overall, we would recommend them, but keep in mind that you will have to contact them repeatedly in some instances to insure a positive experience for your guests.

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
201-391-3600
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7