Heritage Flowers

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I was recommended to Darlene by a friend and I am so happy I used Heritage Flowers for my wedding last month. Just sitting down with Darlene, I knew I wanted to go with her. Unlike other florists that I had met with, Darlene did not "shoot down" my ideas or make me feel like my vision was not the "norm". I wanted a rustic, neutral look to go with my venue which was a barn and I was MORE than happy with what Darlene and her crew put together for me. I could no believe that she literally remembered every detail I had told her at our meeting. She was so flexible and even when I asked for last minute details/additions/subtractions she without hesitation accommodated me. I will definitely recommend her to others.

Private User
1+ year ago
3.9

by trying to save costs I only had heritage do my bouquet, the parents and the groomsmen flowers. The groomsmen flowers were perfect. My husbands rose was great- The mothers bouquets left a little to be desired but they were great for the day. My bouquet was gorgeous- but it was not at all what I wanted. My entire theme was sunflowers, with blue and cranberry (the grooms were little yellow gerbers and mothers flowers yellow). I brought in a picture of the bouquet I wanted with a sunflower in the middle and I was told- you want more than one sunflower so I said ok. When I arrived to the venue and saw my flowers there was not a single sunflower-nor any yellow- in my arrangement. My mom was going to add some from the flowers that she had made for the girls but I didn't want to ruin it- it was beautiful- just not what I wanted.

Heritage Flowers responded with the following comments:

Hi Jamie i am just getting this review and wanted to respond to you. I tell my brides to look at what i send them in the mail and nowhere on there is the sunflower mentioned. (if it was i would have put it in there) I am sorry you were disappointed. I saw you picture on the computer and you looked beautiful, hope all is well.

Services Used: Flowers

I highly recommend Darlene from Heritage Flowers! I was referred to her by a family member who has returned to her for floral needs many times after her own wedding, and Darlene was nothing but warm, kind, and professional during the whole process of wedding planning.

I came to her with ideas and a few photos, and she ran with it! She welcomed my ideas and explained pros and cons of using certain colors and flowers, and gave me so many new ideas to make our ceremony perfect. She also was a huge help in containing our costs, recommending a cheaper version of a flower that still looks just as good as the more expensive ones.

We planned a final meeting weeks before our wedding with Darlene, myself, and my fiance, and she took the time to include him in the process, asking what he liked and preferred. Finding a resourceful and creative active listener in any of your wedding vendors is hard to come by, but you have it with Heritage Flowers. I watched my wedding video just yesterday, and the flowers in the background on our gazebo looked phenomenal as did the flowers for the bridal party!

Without a doubt, choose Heritage Flowers and you will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Flowers

Darlene and her staff are incredible! ! My flowers were everything I wanted it to be! I am so indecisive and I gave her my 3 ideas and she came up with the most beautiful wedding I had ever seen!!

3.0

My first few phone calls with Heritage Flowers left a lot to be desired. The lady I spoke with seemed busy and scattered when we were going through my order for corsages, boutonnieres, and my bridal bouquet. The wedding venue uses the company every week for their events and recommended them to me, but I didn't necessarily feel confident after the first few phone calls with them. The pricing was difficult to figure out because their Teleflora website and their prices over the phone do not match. I was told that Teleflora dictates the prices and that they cannot fix them. I was in a rush, so I didn't question this too much, but it annoyed me slightly.

The third time I called, I spoke to someone who knew what she was talking about and was polite and organized over the phone. I felt a lot better talking to her, which is why I stuck with the vendor. My bridal bouquet was beautiful, but it started browning and wilting soon after I received it. It was wrapped beautifully and held up during the entire day, but I would not recommend picking up your bouquet the night before your brunch wedding unless you have to (which I did and isn't their fault).

The corsages and boutonnieres were beautiful and held up very well. We made the bouquets for the bridesmaids, and they held up a lot longer than the bridal bouquet.

Jennifer & Jeremy
12/15/2012

Darlene is a lifesaver. My original floral arrangements fell through less than 3 WEEKS before my wedding day. In total, I needed 6 bouquets and 2 corsages, all of red roses with holiday greens. Everyone was panicked, except Darlene. From the moment I spoke to her on the phone, I knew I had nothing more to worry about. She is as friendly and professional as she is flexible. She assured me the timeline would be no trouble at all. Within moments she had a quote put together that was within my budget which she immediately mailed to me (I live in NJ), asking that I look it over before placing the order. The flowers were gorgeous and prepared to exact specifications. I couldn't have asked for anything more if I had been planning my floral arrangement with her all along. The next time I'm in the area I plan to pay her a visit to personally thank her for making our wedding day truly perfect.

Services Used: Flowers

I cant say enough about Darlene and her team at Heritage Flowers. The flowers were BEAUTIFUL. She listened to exactly what my thoughts were and matched it perfectly with the flowers. I didnt want anything to big or flashy, and what she made was PERFECT. The flowers were so beautiful they almost looked fake. They were great and so easy to work with. If you are getting married somewhere in the south shore of MA please go visit them--They were GREAT and the prices were just right. Thanks again Darlene! -Tara & Brian

Services Used: Flowers

Thank you thank you for doing such a beautiful job with our bouquets!!

Services Used: Flowers, Invitations
Anonymous
2+ years ago

Amazing! I came into the little flower shop with a few pictures and ideas and Darleen took them to a new level. I had just ordered bouquets for the bridal party and my self, as well as boutonnieres for the groomsmen, small crosages for our mothers and 2 alter pieces for the church. A few flowers were also added to the cake, which were promptly brought to the reception venue on the morning of the wedding. Once we ordered what we wanted, my mother and I were bracing ourselves for our bill... once we got it we were so relieved! It was extremely lower than what we even imagaing, and that was incuding the travel fee to drive to Barnstable, MA!! (they even threw in the "throw away" bouquet for free!). In between our first ordering and the wedding day, I had changed the order a few times and each time I spoke with the owner it made me relax a little more about everything. Once the big day came, the florist dropped off out bouquets at the hotel right on time. They were better than what I even pictured! I would HIGHLY recommend using Heritage Flowers for your wedding day!!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

The flowers were perfect! Absolutely gorgeous. They were reasonably priced and Darlene was a pleasure to work with :)

Services Used: Flowers

Darlene was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! From the first time we met I knew this lady knew her stuff and an added bonus was she was Soooo Sweet!!!! She put together Exactly what I wanted but couldn't put into words. She came highly recommended and I wasnt disappointed. I would recommend her to anyone. Her and her staff have their craft down to a science and the flowers they put together are off the charts and SOOOO Gorgeous!!!!!!

thank you !!!

Services Used: Flowers

Flowers were delivered on time and they were very beautiful. No complaints here!

2.8

The flowers were beautiful and in person, Darlene was very nice. However, I had to change my order around to make a few small changes and it took her FOREVER to get back to me. All I wanted was a bill so that I could pay her. I had to call and e-mail her several times and then when I finally did get the bill she made a mistake again and it took her another couple weeks to fix it. I sent an e-mail once asking who to make the check payable to and it still took her so long to get back to me that I ended up calling them to figure it out. The flowers themselves were beautiful and I was very pleased with them. Just need to work on communication.

Heritage Flowers responded with the following comments:

I am sorry you had a bad experience here with the communication but i am really glad you liked your flowers! hope you are enjoying married life!

Services Used: Flowers

Heritage was the first and only florist I visited. After meeting with Darlene I canceled my other appointment. She was so warm and welcoming. She worked with my idea (paper and ribbon wrapped around the vase) without hesitation. I was very flexible and asked for seasonal flowers in the bouquets and centerpieces so I wasn't sure what to expect. I LOVED everything she did and am so happy I chose Heritage!

Services Used: Flowers

Darlene did an amazing job on the floral pieces for our wedding. Darlene went above and beyond to create the arrangements we envisioned, making them a reality. I will be getting flowers again from Heritage Flowers.

Services Used: Flowers

did a great job with all my wedding flowers, my bouquet was gorgeous and huge! delivered everything on time and was very helpful with the entire process.