Gigi's Closette

Flexibility:
 (4.3/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
The staff are very professional and take care of you as soon as you enter the store. The store has a huge selection of dresses not only for brides and bridesmaids but for mothers of the bride and groom,etc. The dress I found and ordered is what I was looking for. I'm very happy with what the store had to offer and their customer service. Thank you Gigi's Closette!
Wedding: 10/05/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Gigi's Closette is a hidden gem! I had been there 15 years ago when my brother's wife was getting her dress. Gigi's has a wide variety of dresses for all price ranges and tons of different styles. You don't need to make an appointment to try on dresses either, so it's a great place to start so that you can get an idea of the style of dress you like. I went in just to get ideas. I thought it would be well out of my price point and too frilly for my taste. To be honest, when I walked in it wasn't what I expected at all. The entire second floor is organized by price and we walked upstairs and the saleswoman helped guide us to an area and then I got to go straight into trying them on. All the dresses were beautiful, but the first one I tried on was my vision. I had some personal touches that I wanted customized on it and the saleswoman draped things over me to show what my changes would look like and helped me envision the end result. I knew that was my dress. They ordered it, altered it and taught my bridesmaids to bustle the train in less that 6 weeks. It took all the stress off me. We had a budget and it was within the amount. The alterations pushed the budget slightly as I had many customizations done, but it was well worth it.
Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Gigi's Closette is a unique wedding dress shopping experience! The store is located in an old home and the entire upstairs is one big closet rack of wedding dresses from a few hundred dollars to thousands! You don't need to have an appointment and sales staff is available to help. The experience is one where you can see all of the styles available and try on anything you want. The atmosphere is friendly and professional. We ended up using Gigi for everything--bride dress, bridesmaid dresses, flower girl and mother of the bride. Everything was great. When the manufacturer of the bridesmaid dresses sent the wrong color, Gigi was right on top of it and had replacements in 3 weeks! Going to Gigi's is like shopping with your girlfriends. The sales staff and seamstresses all help with opinions of what looks good and what does not. It's not a fancy place, and you won't be isolated in a large fancy dressing room. If that is your style, Gigi's is not for you. However, if you want quality products and the ability to peruse the clothes rack to see everything that is available in an informal environment, Gigi's is the place.
Wedding: 05/26/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Gigi's Closette is a hidden gem! One of my mom's friends suggested I look there for a wedding dress. To be honest, when I walked in it wasn't quite what I expected. But, Gigi and Judy are the nicest people to work with. They went above and beyond to help me select a dress, shoes and jewelry for my wedding. I love all of our choices and got TONS of compliments on my dress! Gigi's has a wide variety of dresses for all price ranges and tons of different styles. You don't need to make an appointment to try on dresses either, so it's a great place to start so that you can get an idea of the style of dress you like without a 1-hour time limit. I would definitely recommend newly engaged women start there for dress shopping! The only slight negative is that there is one saleswoman who's not quite as bubbly as the rest... Definitely not a deal breaker though and easy to avoid if you just ask for Gigi or Judy :)
Wedding: 09/21/2012
4.9/5.0

Anonymous 4 Reviews
I found the dress, improvement on the one that I liked at Macy's for half the price! I walked in and was helped immediately, on a Monday morning. They pulled out a variety of dresses from my price range, not very high. Hard to glance through the dresses on your own because there are so many of them! But they know where everything is and can pull anything that you think you might like. My dress came in about a month early so my mom and mother-in-law were able to see me try it on the first time. The size I ordered fit perfectly so the only alterations I needed was the bustle which they did a wonderful job on.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Loved my dress. The dresses are reasonably priced, and the staff is very attentive!
Wedding: 06/02/2012
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
This is a no frills salon - there is not a group of women fawning over you every time you breath - but I have to say, this is a GOOD thing. You get to look through the racks on your own and pull dresses. They will help you trying things on and service picks up if they know you are serious. Great value and dresses from all styles available.
Wedding: 03/17/2012
4.5/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I had a really nice experience with Gigis Closette. Gigi is wonderful and pays very close attention to her brides which I appreciated. Most of the saleswomen that I dealt with were very kind and helpful as well. Sure, the store is a little dated and it isn't as luxurious as some bridal boutiques downtown - but what you get instead is an unpretentious staff and a price point that won't make you feel like you need to sacrifice other details of your wedding to get a beautiful dress. Additionally, my seamstress was darling and helped me feel comfortable in my dress in more ways than one. Thanks, Gigis!
Wedding: 07/31/2010
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am happy I went to Gigi's- they can be a little off-putting at first, since they are often in a rush, but they have a huge selection and will work within your price range.

They have a nice setup upstairs where they divide the room into dresses that are over $1000 and dresses that are under $1000, so you aren't pushed into trying on dresses you know are outside of your budget.

I got an amazing dress that was on sale and was perfect for me. They patiently helped me as I tried on several dresses that looked great in magazines (but not on me), made helpful suggestions, considered my input, and helped me pick the right dress based on my feedback.

Alterations ARE expensive, but they were well done (and really, do you want sub-par alterations on your wedding dress?).

Be aware that they probably will insist that you have a corset and underskirt, which are additional costs to consider.

The only thing I would strongly advise AGAINST is getting the accessories they offer- they were way overpriced, in my opinion.

Pick up a pair of dancing shoes at Chicago Dance Supply or similar- you will be far more comfortable on your Big Day in a pair of shoes made for dancing, inexpensive, and beautiful at the same time.
Wedding: 11/21/2009
3.9/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  2.0
Gigi's was...interesting. The women working there are very bossy, but they also know what looks best and you end up looking beautiful so I guess that is OK. My alterations seemed very high, but my dress did require extensive alterations, so I can see why. The only thing I was unhappy with was the fact that they rush a lot. I needed time to look at my dress and make sure I liked it and was ultimately unhappy with several of the alterations, but because they are in such a hurry, I could not voice that at the time. I would go there again because I ended up looking beautiful and they have a TON of dresses. I would just be more demanding. Don't feel like you're a bridezilla just voice your opinions!
Wedding: 09/27/2009
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
drove the two hours to get to them for a specific dress. You would think a dress shop would constantly remind you of accessories you should get. No. I was there over six times for alterations and finally I remembered a veil. They sold me one off the rack, no discount. It fell apart before the ceremony. cheaply made. alterations were good, until the night of. the slight close u on the neck line of my dress opened exposing the base yes, the BASE of my bra. That low. I was so disappointed. It was too revealing. Poor sewing.
Wedding: 09/06/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Gigi was very easy to work with!! Found a great dress for a decent price
Wedding: 09/06/2008
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I found my dress at Gigi's for a bit over $200.00. They have more expensive gowns as well (if you feel you must pay more!) but my gown was gorgeous. It was an additional $150.00 for the alterations which were well worth it.
Wedding: 06/28/2008
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Gigi is fabulous. I have gotten MANY dresses at this store - bridesmaids, wedding, Mother of the Bride, etc. and Gigi has always been fantastic. Her employees can be a bit standoff-ish if they are busy, but Gigi is always there to step in and make things right. They truly put the Bride first and take care of your every wedding need.

They are willing to work with you with prices and alterations if you are a good customer and to me that's a big deal.
Wedding: 09/22/2007
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Gigi's Closette is great!! Even though the place seems small they have a huge selection & the newest styles!! The ladies who work there are a bit older but they do know what they're talking about and are not pushy sales people that try to sell you a dress that you dont want or cost a fortune. They want you to be happy and love the dress you buy. My dress arrived in the time promissed. I also ordered my bridesmaid's dresses there and the girls were very happy with the service as well.
Wedding: 09/08/2007
4.2/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
They have a beautiful selection at Gigi's and the best part about it is that you are able to browse the selection all by yourself like a real grown up! Some place want to pick your dresses for you and waste a ton of your time. I'm sure you brides out there know exactly who I am refering to! I think my dress was beautiful and competitively priced. I was very happy with it and the with Gigi's service including the wonderful seamstresses. It was a very good experience overall.
Wedding: 08/11/2006
 847-729-5110
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire