Gambino's Bakeries

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Gambino's wedding cake is the BEST in New Orleans! I went to four different bakeries and Gambino's is number one in my book. I had three different flavors in my wedding cake and all three were a hit. If you are a carrot cake fan, they have the best I have ever eaten. They also rent cake stands at a reasonable price and are open on Sunday's.

Gambino's Bakeries responded with the following comments:

Thank you so very much Misty! We appreciate you taking time to write us a review. We are so happy that you were happy with everything! Congratulations again! We wish you a lifetime of happiness, health and prosperity!

Recently Married

Everything was great! I completed my tasting and ordered my cake from the Baton Rouge location and Paul assisted me with my order. Since I was getting married in Lafayette once we finalized everything he submitted my order to the Lafayette location via email and cc'd me on it. When I went in to make payment at the Lafayette location there were no problems. They found my paperwork and re-confirmed everything with me. The process was seamless! My cake was nicely set up at the reception venue once we arrived. The only thing that I found quirky was that Paul suggested going against black buttercream icing for the cake (I had a split cake...half wedding dress/half tuxedo), so we decided to do the entire cake in ivory buttercream icing so that the black frosting wouldn't cause a mess. When I saw the cake it was half ivory/half black (tuxedo), which was fine with me. It looked LOVELY and none of my guests complained about getting the icing everywhere. So it worked our anyways! :)

Gambino's Bakeries responded with the following comments:

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy that you received the cake that you wanted:) Congratulations again as you begin your new life together.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We got our groom's cake - a four-tiered king cake - from Gambino's. The king cake was excellent, extremely flavorful and moist. The presentation was festive and eye-catching. Gambino's was a pleasure to work with. I'd definitely use them again for cake needs.

Gambino's Bakeries responded with the following comments:

Thank you Rachel! We appreciate you taking time to write us a review. Nothing makes us happier than you being happy with our cakes:) Congratulations as your newlywed life begins!!!

03/14/2015

Gambinos helped us put together a wedding pie table on Pi Day (3.14.15!). From start to finish, they were super to work with. Jackie-Sue helped us with a pie tasting, and was super responsive to all of my questions and ideas over email. They handled our wedding with care, and were incredibly friendly and helpful. To top it off, EVERYONE raved about the pies at the wedding, they were a huge hit! Especially the Bourbon Pecan and Chocolate Pecan. I would highly recommend Gambinos to anyone!

Gambino's Bakeries responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review. We truly appreciate your business. We loved the idea of a pie bar especially on National Pi Day. We would love to see pictures:))) Please send us some if you get a chance. Thank you again!!
Congratulations to both of you as your new journey of life begins. Cheers!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We worked with the Baton Rouge location. Our cakes were so beautiful and delicious. Everyone loved them! They are so nice and quick with replying also. We will definitely be returning for our anniversaries!

Gambino's Bakeries responded with the following comments:

Thank you so kindly for taking time to write a review. We were honored to be a part of your wedding day:) Congratulations Again!!!

1 person found this review helpful

My wedding cake was awesome and so tasty!

Gambino's Bakeries responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review. We are honored to be included in your wedding:)

Lynda
1 Review
08/11/2014

I had a wedding cake made by you all last month. It turned out even more beautiful than I imagined it would. I brought a photo in and the design on the cake was exact! It tasted amazing also. Everyone was saying how beautiful and delicious it was. It was also not only delivered on time, but early. I knew it would be done right having you all do it. There was never a doubt. Thank you so much!

Gambino's Bakeries responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Linda! We love all your kind comments. We enjoyed being a part of your special day. Congratulations again!!

1+ year ago

We got our wedding cake from Gambino’s and loved it! They were able to design the exact cake that we dreamed up, and made it taste delicious! We received so many compliments on the cake- thanks for everything!

Gambino's Bakeries responded with the following comments:

Thank you Kristen!! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
It means a lot to us to have you include us on your wedding day! Congratulations again:)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake and grooms cake (a carrot cake) from Gambinos were so delicious! It was the only bakery in New Orleans I could find that would make me a white cake, without almond flavoring. They were able to make the exact design I wanted for my cake and it turned out beautiful, a perfect centerpiece!

Caity
03/22/2014

Gambino's did a fantastic job on our wedding and groom's cakes! We brought photos of cakes we liked and they transformed our images into life-size art. Not only were they beautiful but they were delicious too!

1+ year ago

Cake was very good and beautiful. I loved everything about it.

Judith
12/30/2013

A delicious and beautifully decorated wedding cake for a special couple was delivered to our venue! The cake's elegance far exceeded our expectations! Thank you Gambino's Bakery, we loved the cake!

Lecaro
11/02/2013

Gambino\'s Bakery was very fun to work with. The owner Paul was hilarious and friendly but payed close attention to detail. I told him a general idea for my groom cake and he took my idea and took it to another level. At least 40 people at the wedding told me my king cake design was the best groom cake they\'ve seen. All of the guests told me how good it was with double filled cream cheese with pecans. \r\n\r\nMy wife wedding cake was elegant and classy. The design was flawless, looked enormous, and the craftsmanship of the small details made the cake amazing. Not to mention the taste, Oh My Lord, the cake was the best we\'ve ever had. No other bakery in town can compete with the taste, I mean nobody. I seen some family members get 2 and 3 plates full of wedding cake and king cake, lol. Thank God they had a little left over so we can enjoy the cake in the next few days.\r\n\r\n I highly recommend Gambino\'s Bakery on Perkins Road. I will use no other vendor to design any cake design UNLESS it\'s Gambino\'s Bakery, NO exceptions. Cakes arrived early and made beautiful presentations which the photographers commented on. Thanks for making our wedding special, elegant, and adding memories we\'ll never forget.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We ordered our wedding and grooms cake from Gambino's. Both cakes were beautiful and delicious! The staff was easy to work with and always responded to my emails promptly. I'm so glad they told me about the traditional New Orleans cake flavor (almond), which became our guests favorite cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

As an OOT bride, we ordered our wedding cake from Gambino's without doing a tasting. I emailed them a few inspiration pics, number of guests, and asked for their advice on "best" or "most popular" flavors. We went with the Almond flavor with three different fillings (one for each layer). We chose strawberry cheesecake, buttercream, and chocolate. The execution of the cake was just as we asked, beautifully done, and the cake was delicious!

freddie
10/12/2013

The cake was beautiful and good tasting.