Funico Studios

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I was recently married on April 25th, and I have to admit Alice and James were wonderful. Alice worked with me for about a year and half planning details and learning both my husband and my personality. James and Alice were on time with the videographer. On the day of the wedding James and Alice were amazing, helping us to stick to the schedule and taking great poses prior to the ceremony. The videographer helped to create some candid moments for us. The Funico team let us enjoy our reception while catching intimate moments during our ceremony and reception.

Services Used: Photography, Videography

I only have wonderful things to say about Funico Studios. Our photographer Jimmy was on point with everything. Within minutes of meeting Jimmy, I could tell he was a professional. He was PUNCTUAL, very amicable and made everyone feel at ease. Also, he speaks fluent Spanish, which made communicating with La Abuela much easier. Jimmy not only photographs, he directs. It makes such a huge difference, especially if you tend to be awkward in front of a lense. The photographs really capture the emotions of that night. Everyone that we have shown the photos to have raved and commended his work. During the ceremony and throughout the reception I didn't even notice that Jimmy and his assistant were there; yet he captured every moment with being intrusive. In addition, the owners Alice and Jim are very professional and answered all of our questions. I would definitely recommend Funico Studios. Truly beautiful work. He was even very gracious in dealing with in-laws that thought she was the Director of Photography. I highly recommend him.

Services Used: Photography

Words cannot express what a wonderful experience it has been using Funico Studios to photograph my wedding day. From the first phone call I made to Alice inquiring about their services, she and her husband James have been a pleasure to work with. Patient, kind, honest, helpful, professional, fun, and reliable are just a few words I would use to describe my experience with them. Alice is friendly and always on the ball. She answers questions and emails with ease and is quite quick! James took time out of his busy schedule to create a timeline of events for my wedding day that I wanted photographed. He made some valuable suggestions which made for a perfect “flow of the day” and the pictures proved just that. James and Alice arrived on time and got right to work! They snapped away and took pictures of everything I wanted photographed and then some. Not only did they take lots of pictures, but more importantly they captured moments. I can feel the emotion in some of the candid pictures they took. I also love how they used different lighting techniques to capture some very artistic pictures and the essence of my Fall wedding. I have gotten so many compliments on the quality and originality of my wedding pictures and am extremely pleased with them myself. I am in the post-wedding stage of creating my thank you cards and album. Alice has been dependable and prompt with creating a beautiful website and slideshow of my pictures to view and share with friends and family. I am looking forward to seeing how my thank you cards and album came out. I am sure they will be beautiful! As you can tell from my review, I highly recommend using Funico Studios for any special occasion; as their work will capture your most special moments and leave you with photos of memories to last a lifetime!

Services Used: Photography, Videography

James and Alice are the sweetest most professional team we have ever met. Thank you so much for being such an amazing part of our day. James and Alice we can't wait to see our photos and videos. Thank you for capturing all of my freak out moments and for making me laugh and Alice thank you for reminding me to have fun and for reminding me to be myself (and sassy!)!!! I love your laugh and energy and James we love your passion. You are both so amazing and we can never thank you enough. I would also like to thank the videographers, thank you for capturing all of our special moments and for being fun and sweet. Funico studios is the most incredible business. Thank you again.
xoxox
-The Cassara's

Lindsay
09/20/2014

Alice and James were wonderful and an absolute pleasure to work with before, during, and after our wedding!! We had a lot of fun working with them on our big day (when we even noticed them shooting). They provided us our pictures exactly when they promised for both our engagement shoot and our wedding, and we are thrilled with the results!

They were extremely professional throughout the whole process, and were also so helpful and flexible. They were instrumental in helping us create the timeline for our wedding day - throughout all of its iterations. We ended up calling them the afternoon before our wedding (probably just 18 hours before they were supposed to start) asking if they could start the photography coverage an hour earlier. They were totally understanding/flexible, and made it happen - no problem (and remember, they have an adorable daughter, Lauren, who they probably had to drop off with family before work).

We are so thankful for having found Funico, and most definitely recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Services Used: Photography

Funico Studios is hands down one of the best photographers you could get. I worked the wedding/party scene for a decade and nothing compares! Where you have photographers taking the same boring shots that you've seen everywhere...here comes Funico, kicking a$$ and taking names. While James sets up your shots, Alice vanishes and then comes out of no where like a photography ninja. I swear once during taking photos I lost track of where she went then she appears practically laying down in the middle of the street taking photos of different angles and perspectives. After they finish taking whatever pictures you wanted, they don't bother you the rest of the night, they cut through the crowds, run around, climb stuff, sneak outside to take pictures through windows...each picture more amazing than the other! I highly recommend them!

Services Used: Photography

James and Alice (Funico Studios) are the most amazing, nicest, quirkiest, funniest talented photographers that we've ever met! James did an amazing Job providing us with logistics months in advance of our wedding. We were able to give this info to the transportation company months in advance. James preparation was flawless. James and Alice were incredible with the level of responsiveness. They answered all our questions, gave us ideas and their opinions. We had an amazing time with them the day of our wedding. They were so funny and relaxing! We truly enjoyed spending our wedding day with them. They took so many amazing shots and made us laugh so much. When we received our photos we cried and laughed at how amazing they are! We associate some of the photos with some of the quirkiness of James and Alice. They truly captured the essence of our wedding and they captured what we represent as a couple. James and Alice are perfection. We are eternally grateful to have had them as photographers. They are genuine, kind and filled with passion for photography! They captured every amazing moment of our wedding! Our Wedding Pictures are a work of art, absolutely stunning! Thanks to Funico Studios we were able to have wedding pictures with life happening around us in DUMBO. Check out their blog on the Funico Website!
Thank You Funico we love you!!!!! ---
-xoxo
The Racanati's

Private User
Recently Married

We are so happy with Funico Studios! Alice and James were an absolute pleasure to work with. We had an outdoor ceremony, and the weather throughout the day was iffy. They did a great job finding pockets of sunshine to capture beautiful outdoor pictures - and we never felt like we were missing out on our event. We felt very comfortable with them; also, they did a great job interacting with our families and our guests. They are extremely responsive, knowledgeable, and thorough. High quality, great value, fantastic experience overall! We can't thank them enough!

Services Used: Photography

OUTSTANDING Before, During and After!!!
BEFORE - We found this company via a recommendation from our venue, Celebrate at Snug Harbor. From the first time I talked with Alice, I knew we had found the right vendor. She was warm and really seemed to understand what we were looking for. As a same sex couple, we didn't want the 'cookie cutter' bride/groom shots and a dust gathering album, etc. Working with both Alice and James, we really felt like a team as they created a custom package within our budget. They followed up early on the exact schedule for the day and details and made sure they knew which shots were 'must haves'. That became a huge 'to do' crossed off my list because we knew exactly what was going to happen and when. We left the rest to their creativity.

DURING - We had Jimmy for our photographer. He arrived early, and as many wedding days go, we were running a little late. He took charge of the situation by picking up the pace to get to locations, but still took his time to get the most interesting shots. He knows every hidden 'gem' location at Snug Harbor - the shots are amazing! I'm not sure how to best describe this, but he fully captures 'moments' by taking the same shot from multiple angles, so when you see the pictures, any viewer feels like they are right there. He captured every moment of the ceremony and reception in such an unobtrusive way.

AFTER - Our pictures were ready right on time (actually a few days early) within 8 weeks. I think this is similar to or better than most other studios. They were color corrected and just beautiful. They also created a montage set to music that was elegant without being 'cheesy'. Of course, everyone we show it to has gotten teary, and I guess that's good, LOL. The black/white and sepia shots were amazing and all of Jimmy's multiple angle shots were stunning.

Do yourself a favor and do not overlook this studio

Marissa
05/09/2014

Alice and James were a perfect fit. They are so professional and detail oriented. Leading up to the wedding they were on top of answering emails and helping me plan my lay out of the day. They helped make it everything I hoped my day would be. Alice took photos of the guys getting ready and my husband raved about how she fit right in with the guys, and came up with tons of creative ideas for photos around town. James made me and the girls feel so comfortable and beautiful!! I can say they truly make a great team and we had tons of laughs that day. They made the day have such a great flow and were not pushy at all. The two of them made us so happy. I have already seen my teaser photos and cannot wait to see the rest. Definitely use Funico Studios!

Services Used: Photography

It was wonderful to work with Alice and James! I felt like they really understood our vision. They were reliable, talented, and had great communication. They were timely in making our prints and wedding album. I highly recommend Funico Studios!

Services Used: Photography

We cannot express enough what great a job James and Alice did at our Sept 7th wedding. It truly came out better than we ever imagined. The pictures, slideshow, and web page were phenomenal and everyone is gushing about how great everything came out. They truly have a gift for photography and are very creative in using your venue and surroundings to set up the perfect shot. We really loved the special effects photos they did and recommend that you look at their web page for samples. Believe me you will not be disappointed!

Equally as important to the pictures themselves was how responsive, hardworking and organized they were, which made the pictures part of the day flawless. We have a large family (both sets of parents divorced) so there were a lot of separate family pictures. James spent a significant portion of time in the week leading up to the wedding setting up a schedule with me, which was very flexible and accommodating to our needs and our families. Also, we had a few babies in some of the family pictures and Alice did such a great job working with them and getting them to look at the camera for photos. It was awesome!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Brian and Katy

Services Used: Photography

Funico Studios is the place to go for stellar wedding photography in the NJ/NY area. They are reliable, trustworthy, and easy to work with. Whenever we had questions, they responded in a timely manner, which is so important when you are planning a wedding. Jimmy, our main photographer, did a spectacular job--he was very efficient on the wedding day, and we were able to quickly, and in an organized manner, get all of the family and group photos out of the way before the ceremony even started! Jimmy captured every aspect of our wedding and was very attentive to the details. We received all of our edited photos only 6 weeks after the wedding, and we even received a link to a montage (put to music) of all the highlights from our big day that we were able to send out to family and friends, who were all very impressed by the quality and style of the video. The pictures came out so great, especially our first look pictures, which were so emotional and beautiful--Jimmy didn't miss one second of the emotions that we felt. We can't believe that there is still a wedding video to come because the pictures tell the whole story of the wedding in such a romantic, heartfelt way! Overall, this is a great company; we highly recommend their work.

Services Used: Photography, Videography

We initially met with Funico Studios, amongst others, upon recommendations from our Venue. After meeting in person with Alice, the wife, of this husband/wife team, I immediately knew I had found our wedding photographers. We met with many other photographers, who had comparable packages, but the feeling I got from Funico and the samples of their work I went thru, there was really no other option but for us to choose them.
They sent us a detailed planner in advance, which we filled out with all of our must have details. Shortly after James, the husband on the team, called us a we had a very detailed discussion on my planner and what I could expect on our wedding day. He followed up our phone call with a detailed schedule, incorporating all of what I had discussed with him. I mean let me tell you I am a very detailed person and with all of the wedding things I had to worry about, this took one less thing off my mind and I was assured I was in good, professional hands.
Day of wedding, James was prompt at our house and ready to go. While I was getting ready and all of the chaos, he was in the background, shooting all of the things I asked for. I didnt even know he was there, except for when he asked me to smile. Our wedding event was held outdoors, at Snug Harbor on probably the most humid day of the Summer. Everyone literally sweat thru their shirts! James included but he did it with a smile. Six weeks later, we received our pictures online and now in the process of selecting for our Albums. I couldn't be happier with the exceptional amount of good service and professionalism I received from Funico.
I would highly recommend them to any couple.

Services Used: Photography

My daughter had asked me to help her find a photographer for her wedding last June. As a mom, you always want the best for your daughter. Funico Studios was in my short list of four but they were very much at the top of my list based on samples of their works that I saw from their website and from the sample album that was shown to us by the wedding venue. It wasn't a hard decision to choose Funico Studios. When I first contacted Funico Studios, I was impressed with how quickly they responded back to me with all my questions and concerns regarding the service that they provided. They were very helpful and easy to work with which won me over quickly. The husband & wife team (Alice & James) were very professional, talented in their field, and went about their work without being obtrusive around all the guest. The results of their work are stunning and every photo that was given to us was a keeper. The video photo slideshow they produced captured what we experienced that day, a very memorable event. I will highly recommend Funico Studios to anyone who needs a professional photographer to cover their events.

Services Used: Photography

We love Alice and James and their photographs. We had been to three other weddings that used Funico Studios. We didn't even have to think twice about hiring them. We love all their past work and even more our own wedding photos. Couldn't be happier with our photographs and thank you cards. They were able to capture our style and the look we wanted. Highly recommend.