Funico Studios
Creative. Reliable. Trusted.
363 East 76th Street
New York, NY 10021  | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, High Resolution...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We cannot express enough what great a job James and Alice did at our Sept 7th wedding. It truly came out better than we ever imagined. The pictures, slideshow, and web page were phenomenal and everyone is gushing about how great everything came out. They truly have a gift for photography and are very creative in using your venue and surroundings to set up the perfect shot. We really loved the special effects photos they did and recommend that you look at their web page for samples. Believe me you will not be disappointed!

Equally as important to the pictures themselves was how responsive, hardworking and organized they were, which made the pictures part of the day flawless. We have a large family (both sets of parents divorced) so there were a lot of separate family pictures. James spent a significant portion of time in the week leading up to the wedding setting up a schedule with me, which was very flexible and accommodating to our needs and our families. Also, we had a few babies in some of the family pictures and Alice did such a great job working with them and getting them to look at the camera for photos. It was awesome!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Brian and Katy
Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Funico Studios is the place to go for stellar wedding photography in the NJ/NY area. They are reliable, trustworthy, and easy to work with. Whenever we had questions, they responded in a timely manner, which is so important when you are planning a wedding. Jimmy, our main photographer, did a spectacular job--he was very efficient on the wedding day, and we were able to quickly, and in an organized manner, get all of the family and group photos out of the way before the ceremony even started! Jimmy captured every aspect of our wedding and was very attentive to the details. We received all of our edited photos only 6 weeks after the wedding, and we even received a link to a montage (put to music) of all the highlights from our big day that we were able to send out to family and friends, who were all very impressed by the quality and style of the video. The pictures came out so great, especially our first look pictures, which were so emotional and beautiful--Jimmy didn't miss one second of the emotions that we felt. We can't believe that there is still a wedding video to come because the pictures tell the whole story of the wedding in such a romantic, heartfelt way! Overall, this is a great company; we highly recommend their work.
Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We initially met with Funico Studios, amongst others, upon recommendations from our Venue. After meeting in person with Alice, the wife, of this husband/wife team, I immediately knew I had found our wedding photographers. We met with many other photographers, who had comparable packages, but the feeling I got from Funico and the samples of their work I went thru, there was really no other option but for us to choose them.
They sent us a detailed planner in advance, which we filled out with all of our must have details. Shortly after James, the husband on the team, called us a we had a very detailed discussion on my planner and what I could expect on our wedding day. He followed up our phone call with a detailed schedule, incorporating all of what I had discussed with him. I mean let me tell you I am a very detailed person and with all of the wedding things I had to worry about, this took one less thing off my mind and I was assured I was in good, professional hands.
Day of wedding, James was prompt at our house and ready to go. While I was getting ready and all of the chaos, he was in the background, shooting all of the things I asked for. I didnt even know he was there, except for when he asked me to smile. Our wedding event was held outdoors, at Snug Harbor on probably the most humid day of the Summer. Everyone literally sweat thru their shirts! James included but he did it with a smile. Six weeks later, we received our pictures online and now in the process of selecting for our Albums. I couldn't be happier with the exceptional amount of good service and professionalism I received from Funico.
I would highly recommend them to any couple.
Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter had asked me to help her find a photographer for her wedding last June. As a mom, you always want the best for your daughter. Funico Studios was in my short list of four but they were very much at the top of my list based on samples of their works that I saw from their website and from the sample album that was shown to us by the wedding venue. It wasn't a hard decision to choose Funico Studios. When I first contacted Funico Studios, I was impressed with how quickly they responded back to me with all my questions and concerns regarding the service that they provided. They were very helpful and easy to work with which won me over quickly. The husband & wife team (Alice & James) were very professional, talented in their field, and went about their work without being obtrusive around all the guest. The results of their work are stunning and every photo that was given to us was a keeper. The video photo slideshow they produced captured what we experienced that day, a very memorable event. I will highly recommend Funico Studios to anyone who needs a professional photographer to cover their events.
Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We love Alice and James and their photographs. We had been to three other weddings that used Funico Studios. We didn't even have to think twice about hiring them. We love all their past work and even more our own wedding photos. Couldn't be happier with our photographs and thank you cards. They were able to capture our style and the look we wanted. Highly recommend.
Wedding: 04/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I have nothing but the best things to say about Funico Studios. Alice and James compliment each other perfectly, and helped make our big day so special. Let me rewind, and talk about what a great experience having our engagement pictures done this past summer was, first. James graciously dealt with our reschedules and my obsessive worrying about locations, weather, timing, etc. I consider both my husband and I a bit on the camera shy side, but we warmed up to James within minutes. We had such a fun day, and the pictures came out amazing. Our friends and family especially loved the montage Funico put together for us. A movie of our best pictures set to music - I must have watched it one hundred times. On our wedding day, Alice and James were the definition of professionals. They were there when we wanted them to be, they gave space when we needed it, and they had amazing ideas for pictures. Alice and James respectfully took us outside of our venue at one point in the night for what I'm sure will be amazing night time photos in front of the country clubs fountain. I am so happy they did that, and can absolutely not wait to see the pictures. Message me if you have specific questions about Funico, but in short they are professional, responsive (which is huge for a busy bride!) and take gorgeous pictures. Also, their prices did not break the bank! I would highly recommend them to any bride and groom!
Wedding: 12/15/2012

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Simply amazing. We looked at a number of photographers' portfolios before deciding on Funico, and I cannot express how happy we are with our decision to go with Alice and James. Even though I knew that Alice and James' style was exactly what we were looking for, I was still completely blown away by the photos and slideshow they provided us from our wedding. They managed to capture our wedding more perfectly than I could have ever imagined. Highly, highly recommended.
Wedding: 11/11/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Funico's husband and wife team are awesome. Yes they are pricey, but you get what you pay for. I have many friends who used very good photographers and I must say quality and finished look of our photos are the best. (and no I'm not biased)... In fact I'm one of those people who don't look at photos all that much and it took us 6 months to even choose photos for our album. The photographers were recommended by family. And when there was fear of rain for the big day James was quick to give lots of indoor venue alternatives. Alice is quick to respond and always communicated with us, even when they went on vacation!
Wedding: 10/20/2012

Jessica 2 Reviews
Alice & James are wonderful. From the first time we met them my husband and I got a great vibe from them and we all just clicked. They did our engagement photos, maternity photos and wedding. They're work is remarkable and they both being different things to the table. So with both of them you're sure to get great artistic shots. It never felt like we were working with strangers. They make you feel comfortable in front of the camera and set a laid back atmosphere so you know you'll get great pictures! They are so worth every penny we spent. I haven't gotten the finished product of my wedding album yet but all the other photos they've done for us are so special. There's no other way to put it, Funico Studios is simply the best!
Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alice and James are a great team! They take the best pictures, are unbelievable friendly, very reliable and great to work with!
I got married on September 14t, Alice and James where there to document everything, and they did a great job! We have the most amazing Wedding pictures and we did not even wait long to get them (which I know is a big problem with other photographers out there)!
I can highly recommend this husband and wife team for your wedding, they are amazing and take the best pictures.
Wedding: 09/14/2012

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Alice and James with Funico Photography, where should I start....From the first moment I met with Alice, I know that my Husband and I will be hiring them. My first meeting with Alice helped me foresee what my wedding day will be like and all the details that will take place. Alice was asking all the right questions, which lead me to visualize my wedding day and better plan the events that will take place. Their planner document really walks you through the events and what is important to you. They are very professional, prompt, and fun to work with. I so far ordered guest book and Thank You cards and they are both just fabulous. I also have received all the photos and video, which were spectacular. Our package included an engagement session, which I think is a must! James photographed the engagement session and went above and beyond. I recommend Funico to anyone and everyone who is having an event to remember. My husband and I are extremely pleased with their work; I can't wait to use them again one day in the near future.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Photography was one of the most important factors in planning my wedding. Since I planned my wedding myself, I wanted to make sure that our photographers were not only talented, but professionals that would work hard to create the memories of our day. Funico Studios was AMAZING! I would recommend them to any and every bride. They are wonderfully talented photographers who made our pictures look like works of art. They captured everything from the scenery, to the small details, to the emotion of the day. Their photos captured our wedding in the most beautiful way. Many of my friends have raved over our pictures. In fact, our package included custom thank you cards. When our friends and family got our custom thank yous (with pictures from our wedding) they could not stop raving. And that was only the thank you card! One of my friends said that when she saw the front of the thank you card with our picture, she thought it was a postcard or a painting it was so beautiful. Also, they were like ninjas at our wedding. Most of the time, I didn't even know they were there snapping away, but the photos they shot were so lovely. They don't just have talent, they have vision, and it comes across in their work so perfectly!

Now, there is no question that Funico Studios is talented, but you're not just hiring talent. You're hiring people. What struck me most about James and Alice when I went to see them was how easy they were to talk to. They are such a sweet and genuine couple, that I didn't just love their work, I began to like them as well. We had interviewed with several photographers, but once I met them, it was a no-brainer. They are warn people, and we felt so comfortable around them. If you want photographers who are talented, warm, and professional, Funico it is!
Wedding: 06/03/2012

Anonymous 1 Reviews
This is a fairly long review. In summary: James and Alice are amazing. From the planning process to the product, they are incredible.
I did A LOT of research before choosing a photographer. Funico allowed me to review many photos from a number of different weddings they had photographed. This meant that I saw the product that clients actually received after their wedding day.

Why did I pick Funico? They truly capture beautiful, emotional moments in every wedding. Equally impressive, their photojournalistic style allows their work to reflect the individual nature and feeling of each of the many different weddings they photograph.

Pre-Wedding Planning: During the planning process they were very patient with me. They took the time to answer all of my questions. They even helped me organize the timeline of my day make sure I would get the most of the time we had to photograph. They asked which types of shots were most important to me and which shots I didn't want them to miss.

Wedding Day: They seamlessly orchestrated the "first look", family photos, and bridal party pictures. They made everybody feel comfortable. My husband and I are not especially relaxed in front of a camera but they made it easy for us. No cheesy shots - just us truly enjoying each other and our wedding day. During the ceremony and wedding, they were completely unobtrusive.

Note if you are getting married at Snug Harbor: This is a huge property. Alice and James know it very well. They knew where to take which shots, at which time of day so the light would be most flattering.

The product: Incredible. Beautiful. My wedding had a vintage inspired feeling, and their photographs captured the experience and sense of the day beautifully. The emotion they captured in my family and loved ones faces (including my husband and I) was perfect.

Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Working with Funico Studios was such a pleasure! Alice and James were so kind and helpful and always quick to respond to questions and requests. They made the whole day go so smoothly and were not the "in your face" type photographers. Our pictures came out BEAUTIFUL! we could not have asked for more. I got so many compliments on our slide show and people are now going out of their way to tell me how much they like our thank you cards! That's not something you usually hear about.
I would recommend Funico Studios to anyone and everyone!
Wedding: 11/25/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alice and James are a joy to work with; artistic, professional, and speedy with communication- so clutch! My husband and I opted out of videography for our special day so we were relying on Funico big time to capture our wedding memories. Between the breathtaking photos and a slideshow that still brings me to tears every time, we have no regrets! Funico completely exceeded our expectations.
Wedding: 10/01/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amazing photography, Amazing People, Amazing Value. Alice and James are wonderful people and a pleasure to work with. They are so sweet, prompt and on-the-ball, they made planning the photo/video portion of my wedding a breeze. Rob Lowell and Arthur took the photos during my wedding, and I cannot say enough nice things about them both. They are wonderful to work with, took charge in the middle of the wedding-day chaos, and work great as a team. Alice and James worked an engagement photo shoot into the original price quote so the groom and I could get to know Rob before the big day, which was a great idea. In doing that, we also go to see the quality of the photos that Rob took before the wedding, which we were really pleased with. We scheduled the shoot in Central Park on one of the hottest days of the summer, and Rob was such a trooper! He directed us perfectly and knew the best backdrops in the park to incorporate into the shoot. He took such beautiful photo-journalistic style shots that were both posed and candid.

We have yet to create/order the photo album from the wedding, although I'm confident that it'll turn out as beautiful as the photos. I also can't review the videographer as I haven't really seen his work, but I really liked how Funico Studios priced the photo and video into one package deal- it made my life a little easier, and was a great value! Would definitely recommend Funico Studios!!
Wedding: 09/18/2011
 646-234-8927
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire