Function 45 Event Entertainment

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Steve from Function 45 is a very professional and genuine person to work with. When my wife and I had our first meeting with him, we were struck by how energetic and enthusiastic he was about his profession and his company. We found that we were able to talk freely and comfortably with Steve. We were relying on him to bring fun, entertainment, and a playful demeanor to our wedding. And boy, did he deliver!

For our wedding we chose to have him DJ, provide ceremony music and speakers, and provide up-lighting for the reception. As a DJ, we have never found anyone close to his raw entertainment skills. He was actually able to get every single guest dancing for a good hour or two, which was amazing considering we had some older guests and some guests who didn't even speak English. This was a testament to how he was able to bring energy and fun to everyone, and provide some method of connecting with each guest. As far as the music, the quality was great and the noise wasn't too loud. It was loud enough to dance to, and yet our eardrums weren't blown out by the end of the event. The music and voices during the ceremony were perfectly easy to hear and understand. The up-lighting was also great, and we loved the flexibility of being able to choose any color on the spot with quick and easy adjustments.

When you set up a meeting with Steve (we insist), you will see for yourselves how easy and simple he is to work with. He has electronic forms he follows to make sure all questions pertaining to the event are asked and answered. He works with your schedule and doesn't mind phone calls when an in-person meeting proves difficult. He listens to your requests and helps guide you in the right direction when deciding on songs, games, etc. We won't give everything away, but he has some very interesting and unique games he can organize at the wedding to bring fun and laughter to all of the guests. Very highly recommended, and thank you for all of your work Steve!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

We could not have been happier with Steve! We enjoyed working with him in the pre-meetings and he absolutely 'got' our Vision. He even had some great ideas that absolutely improved our wedding (no spoilers - I'll let him surprise you ;) ).

Day-of he nailed it - he adeptly wrangled the guests as well as the wedding party, served as an adept Master of Ceremonies, kept us on schedule and really got the party going when the dancing started. He juggled our disparate musical requests and had both 'adults' and 'kids' dancing alongside each other.

After the wedding both our parents (and others) raved about Steve and how he made our event so successful, and we agree!!

Thanks, Steve, for being an integral part of our special day!!

Services Used: DJ

Words cannot truly express how incredible Steve was. I had very high expectations for our wedding and Steve blew it out of the water. I have been to many weddings and Steve was by FAR the best DJ I have ever seen at a wedding. He is a Bride's dream come true. He runs the show, keeps you on track with timing and makes it so you can just relax and enjoy your reception. I love how he does a custom song for the first dance, and makes that special moment even more special. He did so many fun activities to get the guests involved in the reception and to get them up and moving. We had guests tell us they never dance at weddings, and they were up and dancing the whole time. He had so many fun and original ideas that made the wedding one for the books. We have had many guests tell us it was the best wedding they have ever been too and how amazing Steve was. One of our guests is a DJ and he said he was blown away by Steve as well, that he was the best he has ever seen. Thanks to Steve I had my dream wedding. He is the absolute best! If you want an experience of a lifetime then Steve is your man!! He is phenomenal! You will not be disappointed if you go with Steve, he is truly the best!

Private User
Recently Married

Steve definitely made our wedding day the best it could possibly be! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. He also provided the photo booth for our reception which was a big hit with our guests. He made our first dance very special, and he made sure everyone was having a good time dancing the night away! He was very professional and made accommodations for last minute changes. He's truly an amazing DJ/MC, you would be lucky to have him!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Steve is the BEST! If you want to see everyone dancing and having an awesome time, you NEED this DJ! I can't tell you how many people came up to me to tell me how great he was! People are still talking about my wedding! I HIGHLY recommend him :D

Services Used: DJ

Steve is absolutely phenomenal! I cannot put into words what a great job he does. I have a musical background, so technically speaking, he knows his stuff. The sound quality of all the music was top notch, and there were speakers throughout the venue so no matter where my guests were, the could still hear what was going on.

Another thing he did was kept the flow of the wedding going smoothly. There's nothing worse as a guest than to not know what's going on, and Steve made sure my guests were informed the entire time. They knew when to be seated, they knew when and where appetizers were at, when the cake cutting was, etc., etc. And the entire time, he played games so there was never a dull moment.

In addition to this, the lighting he provides absolutely sets the mood. He had uplighting throughout my venue that made for such an amazing effect throughout the night. And the lights he has on the dance floor create such a fun environment.

I have to say, however, my absolute favorite thing he did for us was create our first dance. He had my husband and me record messages to each other prior to the wedding that he masterfully incorporated into our first dance. We hadn't heard each other's message until that moment, and it had us both in tears. But we weren't alone. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Everyone shared this special moment with us, and it is a memory I will cherish forever.

I cannot recommend Steve highly enough. If you want the wedding of a lifetime, you HAVE to go with Function 45!!

Services Used: DJ

It was very important that our wedding reception was a lot of fun.

As soon as I spoke to Steve Schon from Function 45 over the phone he was very knowledgable, understood my vision and was able to provide many helpful suggestions on how to make this happen (this was even before we decided to have him DJ/MC).

During the planning process he was very accommodating and suggested many things that I had not even considered.

On the night he kept things running smoothly. We kept guests engaged with games and dancing. Many guests walked away saying what it was the best wedding they had been to!

If you want a wedding that is a lot of fun, I highly recommend Steve.

Services Used: DJ

Lets play word association to start off this review. Michael Jordan - Basketball. Jerry Rice - Football. Ali - Boxing. Steve at Function 45????? DJ'ing!!!!!!!

Steve was highly recommended to us by another industry professional. He was described by the well known photographer as the "best DJ he had ever seen." Naturally, we contacted him with the highest of expectations. After a wonderful, not-so-brief (in a good way) consultation, we knew we found our guy. He was charismatic, passionate and a real professional. He gave us an idea of what he had in mind and gave us plenty of time to personalize our big day. During the final meeting he was very attentive and detailed. He took notes on exactly how we wanted everything to go. On top of that, he made suggestions and walked us through it all. We felt special whenever we left. We knew we were in good hands.

All we wanted was a wedding that was a lovely, fun and memorable event that no one would forget. Here we are, two and a half weeks after our wedding and, we are still hearing from our guests how wonderful of a night our wedding was, because of Steve.

Thank you so much Steve! You are TRULY THE BEST.

Services Used: DJ

Function 45 was recommended by another DJ that we wanted to book. He was already booked for the weekend that we wanted him so he suggested Steve and Jeff. They very were flexible with their schedule on our first meeting and the meetings after that. They are very easy and fun to talk to. I could tell right away that they know what they're doing. They had plenty of suggestions and it worked for us because we had no idea what we wanted to do. I just wanted really good music. Since Steve was not available on our wedding day, Jeff pretty much met with us a couple of times to discuss the program. I never thought a DJ could play such a big role in the tone and flow of an event, especially a wedding! I had a DO NOT PLAY list and Jeff made sure he didn't play those songs. Jeff is fantastic and more than just a DJ/Emcee - he took control of the entire night with the order of things in our program. We would've been so lost! The games kept everyone engaged. It was so awesome to see all our friends and family having so much fun. There was no dull moment at our wedding! He kept everyone on the dance floor! We still get compliments from everyone and they said it was the most fun wedding they've ever been to. We really got our money's worth and more! Jeff was the last one who left the reception, and made sure we had a great time. Thank you for making our wedding super fun and extra special. We just can't thank you enough for being an integral part of our wedding reception. YOU made the party!

Sincerely,
Jeff and Jasmine

Services Used: DJ

We could not be happier that we chose Function 45 Event Entertainment, specifically Steve (and his wife Tanya) to emcee and DJ our wedding. Originally, we planned to talk to 2 or 3 DJs before making our decision. After speaking with Steve over the phone, however, we decided that we couldn't possibly find anyone better; we canceled the other interview and chose Function 45. We were unable to meet in person because my husband and I were in living in DC and planning our California wedding from a distance until we moved West. Steve is so much more than a DJ! He has a great voice and is an outstanding conversationalist. He’s also one of the nicest and most talented people I have ever met. Because he was emceeing our wedding and would inevitably be talking about us, he made it a point to get to know us. He drove from Orangevale to Sacramento and met us for dinner just to get a feel of our style. Then, about a month before the wedding, we met with him at his office and talked about the event. He gave us several fantastic ideas about how to get guests involved in the wedding reception so that they would be participating instead of just watching the action. Even though Steve had tons of suggestions culled from his prior experiences, he never took it personally when we decided against one of his ideas. He’s very respectful; he always defers to you and emphasizes that the couple should choose songs that mean something to them. I wanted to walk down the aisle to the piano introduction of a specific song and he worked with us to create a loop so that you wouldn’t hear the beat drop. Steve plays AMAZING music. He chose songs that I forgot how much I loved! Our floor was always packed and many our guests commented that we had the best DJ/Emcee/Music they had ever heard at a wedding! Most of all, I didn’t realize how much an emcee can set the mood and the tone. Steve is simply the best and we cannot recommend him highly enough!

Services Used: DJ

I wish I could put into words how awesome Steve from Function 45 was at our 5/31/13 wedding. He absolutely is the one professional I hired who MADE the wedding. It has been two months and we are still getting told that our wedding was the most fun our guests have ever had at a wedding and I attribute most of that to Steve, who ran the show. He didn’t just play music. He made it interactive and fun for us and our guests. He had SO many unique, fun and totally unexpected ideas that we and our guests loved. His ideas made our wedding much more memorable and fun.
Steve did the music for our ceremony, which went perfectly. But the reception is where all the magic happened. It started with the hilarious introductions for our bridal party, Steve’s idea, which had people cracking up. After we finished dinner, we did all the traditional wedding “events”, which by the way Steve made way more fun than traditional DJ’s, especially the garter toss. Steve then somehow got everyone out on the dance floor, which stayed packed all night.
Steve also did the lighting for our reception, which turned out SO beautiful.
If you are looking for a DJ/MC for your wedding, seriously look no further. He was worth every penny. Take the advice that someone gave me…if you are looking for ways to cut your budget, and perhaps hire a friend or someone cheaper, don’t do it with the DJ. They were so right! I didn’t realize till I saw how amazing of a job Steve did how important the DJ/MC was. They can seriously make or break your event and turn it into a fun, memorable event for you and your guests, or they can just play music and you can watch half your guests leave after the cake cutting. I will be recommending him to all of my friends and family who get married in the future. Book him before he gets booked for your date!

Services Used: DJ

Steve @ Function 45 did such a wonderful job at our wedding. He is very professional and also knows how to make you laugh. Steve @ Function 45 finds a way to make everything about you! Whether it be a photo booth or that perfect song, or the amazing lighting that he can do, he does it all and he makes it work! Our wedding wouldn't have been very organized if it wasn't for Steve @ Function 45 being there and making everything move so smoothly. All we kept hearing the day after our wedding was "Who was that DJ? He was Great!". I would highly recommend Steve @ Function 45 to service your wedding. Your missing out if you don't! Again, amazing job my friend. My wife and I are now even planning to reserve Steve for another event very soon. Wonderful job!!!
-Anthony & Megan
April 2013

Services Used: DJ

I definitely suggest Steve from function 45!!!! He made our wedding so amazing!! We had special circumstances and he helped us figure everything out and was so flexible with our situation!! He had members of our family up and dancing who probably wouldn't have with out him!! He is an amazing DJ and I will recommend him to everyone I know forever!!!!!

Services Used: DJ

If you're looking for a good time...a time that you'll remember 10, 20 years...a lifetime...someone who puts his heart into it as if it was his own wedding or event, then I strongly recommend Steve. It's an experience that is indescribable; and you'll most definitely want to experience for yourself. I never once thought of the service of Steve Schon from Function 45 as a business transaction, but rather a family affair. I promise you that if you hire Steve, you will feel the same way.
Steve drove down to the Bay Area and met up with me to check out the venue. We rode together and talked about some ideas I had and he asked how the rest of the family was doing. He actually remembered my sisters (Steve was also the DJ at both my sister's weddings). It goes to show that it's not all just business, but that there is some heart that goes into Steve's work and he genuinely cares. To further prove my point...Function 45 is based out of Sacramento. Both my sisters receptions were in South San Francisco, and mine was in Half Moon Bay. That is a 2 hour drive down, and a 2 hour drive back, not to mention traffic. Steve didn't hesitate to accept our request to be our DJ in spite of the of the distance. In fact he drove home the same night to do another gig the next day! Talk about dedication!
Steve represents the true definition of professionalism. Steve's knowledge of the entertainment world is vast, so much so that I couldn't stump him with my 80's trivia, and I consider myself a music buff. His ability to adapt to last minute changes and recommend ideas where we would otherwise be lost, is uncanny.
This is one part of your special day you do not want to cut corners or take chances with. Hire someone who knows what they are doing, someone who cares who his clients are rather than someone who just thinks of you as another paycheck. Remember, it's not a business transaction, it's a family affair!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Anonymous
2+ years ago

Jeff did a fantastic job DJing our wedding. We are still receiving compliments about how he kept everyone engaged and the party going. He really listened to what we wanted on our big day and performed it all perfectly!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

AMAZING! Steve with Function 45 was our Master of Ceremony and he helped make our wedding unforgetable. He helped make everything run so smoothly and on time from beginning to end. He had the guests laughing and dancing and generally having a fantastic time. He has amazing ideas that help make the celebration all that more special. Our guests had so much fun and 4 months later I'm still getting compliments on how much fun our wedding was. I would recommend Function 45 and Steve to any bride and groom planning a wedding.