Front Porch Farms

4.7
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

Kathy is simply the best and the venue is breathtaking! I can't say enough about this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Front porch Farms was the perfect venue for us on our wedding day. The view alone is amazing. Kathy went above and beyond to make everything gorgeous and to make sure the day ran smoothly. I wouldnt have changed a thing!

Recently Married

This venue was AMAZING. It was absolutely beautiful and fit the country-chic vibe my husband and I were going for. Kathy and Ashley are very organized and did a fabulous job making sure every detail of the night was planned for and taken care of. When we got to our wedding, all we had to do was show up and enjoy the evening!

Another GREAT perk is that the venue has a ton of decor items including candle holders, stumps, frames, etc, that you can use FOR FREE! They also have nicer items that you can rent including couches, tables, chalkboards, etc. Every need you have, they will take care of it! They also set it all up for you to look super cute for a small fee.

Also, Kathy does an amazing job of referring her brides to really great vendors. She referred me to my florist (Cathy Wilson, who was AWESOME), caterer (Bacon & Caviar - they rocked), and cake maker (B. Jackson's Bakery - so delicious). All of the vendors offered affordable rates and provided excellent service. I really appreciated her help!

Everyone at the venue is incredibly nice and accommodating. This is so refreshing as an overwhelmed bride!

My only comment for future brides is that Front Porch Farms is best suited for a warmer-weather wedding. We had ours in November and it ended up adding a lot of expenses trying to keep the pavilion warm! With Nashville weather being so unpredictable, we were hoping for a warmer weekend, but there ended up being an "artic blast," and we were left spending unforeseen money buying additional heaters and tenting. This really wasn't the venue's fault however, it was more based on our decision to risk a quasi outdoor reception in November.

We also spent a lot of money on busing our guests out to the farm, but as long as you keep these expenses in mind beforehand, it is an absolutely wonderful experience!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Kathy, Ashley and everyone at FPF were fantastic and made sure the planning and the day itself went smoothly. I took Kathy's recommendations for music, photographers and bartender and I couldn't have asked for better service. We had a small ceremony and I was a little nervous that it would feel sparse or unimportant, but everyone there made us feel like family. It was warm and personal and just as special as I had hoped. And the scenery – phenomenal.

Dana
09/13/2014

From the moment my husband and I visited Front Porch Farms, we knew it would be the perfect place to get married. We could not have been happier with our venue selection; Kathy, Brian, Ashley, and the whole FPF crew were so incredibly easy and wonderful to work with! Kathy knows all of the right questions to ask to make sure your big day goes off without a hitch. Everything from the planning process was executed perfectly thanks to these great folks!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Kathy and her team at FPF were more than amazing! Aside from this venue just being absolutely breath taking it always helps to have the helpful staff and professionalism to go along with it. That goes really far with me and I'm so glad this venue was the TOTAL package. For starters it really is a dream come true venue. I could go on and on about how insanely beautiful the place is! You will certainly NOT be let down there! To make things even better everyone at front porch farms goes above and beyond to make sure your day is more than perfect. When I think back on the initial part of choosing venues I am SO HAPPY I went with FPF. I couldn't imagine having my wedding held any where else!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding and reception at FrontPorch Farms was more than we could have dreamed of. The venue was gorgeous and the staff went above and beyond for us. We chose Nashville as a destination wedding, with no one in our family living near FPF, so almost all of the wedding was planned from afar, with the help of the wonderfully-responsive staff. Kathy Best and the crew pay GREAT attention to detail, thinking of little things I would not have. I never worried about the wedding day because I knew they had triple checked everything ahead of time.

The crew worked as a well-oiled machine the day of, making the day stress-free and relaxing. If I didn't have time to take care of something, they had already done it for us. The staff were always around if anything was needed and kept everything on schedule and running smoothly.

FPF also offers a variety of options to fit a variety of budgets. Since we were from out of town, we weren't familiar with vendors in the area. The team sent us a list of caterers/photographers/bakers/etc with reviews that they have worked with in the past ... giving us trusted options in a variety of cost brackets. You can also choose to have as many (or as few) "props" and decorations as you'd like, allowing for a more expensive or more frugal of a wedding as you prefer.

The only thing I was concerned about with this venue was the drive for guests, who were all coming from out of town. But no one minded the drive to FPF or had a hard time finding it ... They loved it!

We highly recommend FPF and appreciate the hard work the workers put in to every event. :)

Nicole
06/15/2014

Kathy, at FPF is such a great woman and very easy to work with! :) She is the master at organizing and making sure that your day is FLAWLESS! I didn't worry about a thing, thanks to her, and if something came up it was fixed right away (So I was told ;)) Not only is Kathy and her staff incredible, the venue is out of a fairytale. I never saw myself getting married outside until I saw this venue. You HAVE to check it out! You won't regret it! To this day, I still have people telling me that was the prettiest wedding they had ever been too! Thank you so much Kathy and FPF Staff! Josh and I couldn't have been happier!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
3.8

This venue is absolutely beautiful, but think twice on booking. They respond quickly at first but as time passes information gets lost in the cracks. I had to call my bank twice telling Kathy of specific check numbers so she had proof I paid for deposits, amount owed etc. There was a huge lack of organizational skills. Conversations were taken place between both Kathy and the assistant... and neither seemed to ever know what I was talking about like they were not in good communication themselves. I had to keep asking for the rental contract a week before my wedding. She even stated in an email she was dragging her feet. I am an understandable person, but I shouldn't have to be dealing with finances and details of the wedding 2 days before I say I do. A couple days before the actual wedding she emailed me saying we were allowed to have clear alcohol for getting ready but it had to be cans and have solo cups. The groomsmen got ready in the barn, while the bridesmaids got ready in the suite. Trash was put in trash cans and yes there might have been a few cans on the kitchen counter. We were told we left trash. I assumed after paying over $5,000 to rent the venue etc. taking a bag of trash out from where the party got ready was included. We also lost $500 security deposit bc people brought beer off of the bus and because people smoked cigarettes in non designated areas. It rained first off the day of my wedding. I am not for people breaking the rules, but I am sure most didn't know where to smoke since the cigar bar is not covered. Also, if I had been informed people were bringing alcohol of bus I would have told the bus drivers to lock the buses up to prevent the issue from even continuing. There were several things that were spoken of as far as design and décor that were not completed as planned, but do you get money back for that? No, you just loose your deposit if even one person breaks a rule. Better send your guests the entire contract so they know the rules.

1+ year ago

I would recommend Front Porch Farms to any bride/groom that is wanting to have the perfect outdoor, country, vintage, chic wedding in Tennessee. The staff are easy to work with and helpful in all areas. They helped plan the event down to the smallest detail and were easy to contact with any questions. The day of, even with a few hiccups in the day, we were able to sit back and they managed every detail, followed the timeline, and worked with all the vendors to make sure everything flowed perfect! We felt that our wedding was beautiful and perfect! We received multiple comments on the venue, the view, the decor, and that it was the "perfect wedding".

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I simply cannot say enough about this venue. As I was searching for Nashville venues this was one of the first ones I came across. My immediate response was, "This would be my DREAM venue." Little did I know, we would actually get married there!

I had fallen in love with the place online, and it was even more beautiful in person - and we had visited in the middle of winter! When we came back in the Spring, it was so much fun seeing the place come to life with flowers, greenery, and a breathtaking view.

Planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things I've ever done, even as a bride bent on keeping things simple. With that said, Kathy did a marvelous job keeping me on track and providing suggestions throughout the entire process.

For me, budget was important since I wasn't spending the $$. Having the budget talk with my parents came in handy to help set clear guidelines for myself and sisters as we selected accessories. Everything at FPF is straight from Pinterest, so you really don't have to spend a lot of time on crafts.

Tips to a successful wedding at FPF:

1. Treat Kathy's family like family - they're genuine, loving people and it's their home that they are sharing with you!
2. Pick a clear wedding style early on. I wish I did this sooner because wedding planning is hard enough - switching between styles on all of your vendors is an extra headache you don't need - and this will help when you go to select FPF accessories.
3. You can go as simple or as extravagant as you'd like, but remember this - no matter what happens including crafts you didn't finish or accessories not in your budget - you will have an absolutely beautiful wedding if you choose to have it at FPF.

Here is the link to our wedding video. We also had Jeb Wilson from Nashville photography group take ours photos (to-die-for) and the White Room in Lebanon is where I found my dress!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding here in May 2014 and it was honestly like a fairy tale. Kathy and Brian Best and their staff were awesome! The property looks like a dream. We had our engagement pictures taken the year before at the farm and they turned out beautifully so we knew how wonderful the property looked in the spring and early summer. Kathy worked with me tirelessly for months on planning every detail to make sure that our day was perfect. She is very organized and if you use her services as a planner they are well worth it. Every vendor I used was through her recommendations. Her staff decorated everything so wonderfully and I did not have to worry about anything. They made it magical. If you are looking for a wonderful outdoor space with a view this is it. I can't thank them enough for really allowing us to have such a relaxing, beautiful and magical wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Had our wedding here in April 2014. The place is absolutely gorgeous and they definitely make sure it is "what you want". They also did a great job pre-planning and were extremely organized. They are also very responsive/easy to get in touch with. There is a huge barn down the hill and you can use basically anything in there for decor, which helped us out a lot. It is also out in the boonies but it is such a gorgeous location it makes up for it! We had a few folks say ours was the best wedding they had been to in a while so that is always a plus. :)

1+ year ago

Great venue, very flexible and accommodating. Kathy is wonderful, and our wedding was flawless!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I enjoyed working w Kathy Her attention to detail assured me she had things under control and I was able to relax and enjoy the fabulous day.

3.0

Front Porch Farms is a beautiful venue and our wedding day ended up looking beautiful. I would recommend using the venue. However, I had a very negative experience working with Kathy as my planner and I would NOT recommend hiring her as your planner. Originally, I was going to hire an outside planner, but after asking Kathy for recs she suggested just hiring herself as my planner since she knew all the vendors and would be cheaper. This sounded reasonable, but I regretted the decision within a couple months. I will say that Kathy is extremely busy and works her tail off, so it is not like she wasn't trying. But, I was very clear from the beginning what I needed from a planner and Kathy said she could do it. I told Kathy that I did not have the time to finish planning my wedding due to a new job, so the planner would have to finalize all details, design a decor plan, and execute decor. I had already hired all vendors except rentals. Kathy said she would do an inspiration board for the decor, come up with a plan, talk about details with me in person, and go through all of her props. None of that EVER happened. I actually had to keep reminding Kathy that I had hired her as my planner and asked her about the inspiration board, decor, etc. She kept saying she would do it but never did. She actually asked me 8 days before my wedding who was doing decor and setting it up. This was shocking, as we had multiple conversations that she was supposed to be doing that. She also didn't order any of my rentals until the week of the wedding and ended up not being able to order the heater b/c it wasn't available. She then asked my dad to find and rent a heater 5 days before the wedding! My rental order was incorrect (wrong #s and color tablecloth). The final straw was when she walked up to me the morning of my wedding asking if the bride had arrived yet (seriously).Her disorganization and lack of professionalism caused a lot of anxiety and basically ruined the entire process.

Front Porch Farms responded with the following comments:

Dear Becca, I read the review & am little surprised. When we met on decor with the florist I recommended, she did the inspiration board. Then I set up a table & she did an actual arrangement with flowers at the house also. I did a 7 page schedule organizing all the details of your wedding & we followed it to the "T". I did a tentative rental order to Southern Events long before your wedding but I always do the final order the week of the wedding per their request. As for the wrong linens, the main tables were correct per the order but they sent linens too small for the tall bistro tables by the pool. I didn't want you to have tables with legs showing so I switched them out for my own neutral ones that were very close to the color you ordered so they would look better. I do believe your mom ok'd it. I didn't charge you for my linens & I believe Southern Events credited you for their mistake but I'll check again. The heaters were a different company & I emailed them as I normally do (I have the email confirmation) to place the order. However, I did ask your dad to handle payment. Brian spent a great deal of time that night trying to get one to work that wasn't working like it should & after the wedding we immediately reported it to Classic Party so they would credit you that. You are right, I did work my tail off as did the staff & I might have missed something but the vendors can vouch for me that they were well informed with all the details. There were no issues that came up & everyone seemed very happy so I am deeply sorry and surprised to hear this. I would love to talk to you more. Regarding when you arrived that morning, I had only seen you a few times and never without makeup. You looked so much younger without it & I thought you had to be a younger sister! I realized the mistake after I said it and apologized. I guess there are worse things to mistaken for but I am sorry. I would love to call you to talk further. KB

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning