Florals By The Sea

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
1.0

I had an appointment with florals by the sea for my wedding and was extremely disappointed by the lack of interest and professionalism. First we walk in and the lady asks what I want so I tell her and show her pictures (thought it was weird they didn't show me any pictures or books) and she took a few notes. We wanted to see if they could help with special centerpieces and she responded well those are simple you can do those yourself (Uhh okay...thanks for the help and adding more stress to the day). Asked about doing some drapes at the venue which she responded oh we don't really do that see if someone else can do that. Then when we were asking again about the centerpieces she told us it would be 3500 dollars because she would have to hire men and a truck (for 10 small centerpieces? Seems unreasonable). Then once we were blown off and rushed through, she told us we would have an invoice in a week!!! A whole week to do a simple invoice?! So we went to friendly florist who was so much better and way more accommodating! They even gave us a reasonable invoice right then and there! Oh, and it's been over a month and no invoice has been emailed! How unprofessional!!! They totally brushed us off and never even sent the invoice! So if you are looking for a stuck up, over priced florist this is for you, however I am very happy with Friendly Florist!

Florals By The Sea responded with the following comments:

Sarah,
I would like to sincerely apologize that you felt you had a bad experience with my company and my designer. I truly feel there were misunderstandings based on your review between you and my designer and I have sent you a personal email apologizing and explaining those.
That being said, I would like to clarify some things from your review so there are no misunderstandings with other brides.
We do have a minimum for peak spring and fall dates as we have a limited amount of openings for those dates. The minimum is $3,500.00 for most venues when a set up/breakdown crew is needed and includes a large variety of rentals and services.
However, there is no minimum for bridal party flowers or fresh flower centerpieces that can be delivered or picked up at my studio.
Your centerpieces did not include fresh flowers,as they were glass bowls, sand, candles and shells which are all rental items from us and would require a delivery and late night pick up charge. So my designer thought that she was being helpful by suggesting a place where you could purchase everything yourselves and put them together to save you the other costs, she truly did not mean to add any stress to your day.
We also do not carry pipe and drape which is what you requested and she suggested a company with a phone number that does this. I apologize if you thought she did not want to be bothered with you, she truly did not intend it that way and was trying to give you helpful information.
I will also sincerely apologize for the delayed proposal, I explained in detail in the email I sent, what is involved with even the simplest proposals, but you are absolutely correct, if you were promised a week then it should have been sent to you and I apologize that we did not follow through on that and you felt we had intentionally not sent you one.
I am happy that you have found a florist to help you and we truly wish you the very best with your wedding!
Sally Lacourse

4.2

Marja was very helpful and was willing to work with us on our proposal and eventually on the final contract. She was always willing to offer suggestions for both the ceremony and the reception and the end result turned out beautifully.

Services Used: Flowers

Florals by the sea created gorgeous floral arrangements for my wedding! They were perfect. My favorite thing was the flower crown I had them create and it was beautiful. Not only that it stayed together, not losing a single flower, all night long and the after party AND to breakfast and all day the next day (did I mention I loved the flower crown??)!

Services Used: Flowers

Marja was so very helpful! We showed her some pictures of bouquets we liked and she created stunning flowers for our ceremony. I was so pleased.

Services Used: Flowers

Our wedding was held recently at the Emerald Grande in Destin FL. Florals By The Sea came recommended to me by two different people. I valued their opinion so did not do much other looking around, and boy am I glad I didn't!! I dealt with Marja through all the planning over many months and she was always eager to please, cheerful and very patient. They provided all bouquets, boutonnieres, ceremony arch & flowers, sign-in table, tablescapes at reception and fresh flowers on the cake. It took many email proposals back and forth and a few meetings to come up with exactly what I envisioned and through it all I was treated in a professional, courteous and timely manner. What they did for my special day was absolute perfection!! Everything was just what I wanted and more. Flowers were gorgeous, tables were beautiful and I couldn't have been happier with their job well done!! To top it off...I prepaid a company to have my bouquet preserved and unfortunately my bouquet never made it back to my room with my personal belongings from the bellhop that night. When I realized it was nowhere to be found I contacted Marja in a panic. Through no fault of their own it was left out overnight and wilting as staff members at the Emerald Grande assumed I did not want to keep it. Well didn't she go and replace my dying flowers with brand new ones AND had it delivered to my house 30 miles away the following day at no charge so I could get it shipped to be preserved. Outstanding service!! Beautiful work!! You cannot go wrong with Florals By The Sea!!

Brittany
11/29/2014

The flowers were exactly as I wanted... I sent them a picture from Pinterest and they made the exact bouquet and then added a really cool branch dome which worked really well with my centerpiece branches... My flowers were perfect, delivered to my wedding early... Perfect customer service and bouquets! Thank you!

1 person found this review helpful
Lauren
11/28/2014
4.3

Fantastic design and plan! We received so many compliments. Our wedding was in a state park, with the reception in a tent - FBTS transformed the space and made it seem like a wonderful event space.

Recently Married

While researching florists in Destin over the course of a few months, Florals by the Sea remained at the top of my list because of the quality of their work. They were the most expensive florist on my list, but I had a sure feeling and ended up working with Marja. She was so great; she completely "got" what I envisioned. Come wedding day, the flowers and decor BLEW ME AWAY, and let me say - I am not easily impressed. Excellent quality is truly in the details, and Florals by the Sea absolutely nailed it. Their professionalism and execution far exceeded my expectations, a difficult thing to accomplish. My husband didn't notice the flowers, but that's okay because all the ladies did. We just loved them! Thank you Florals by the Sea!

Services Used: Flowers

Amazing!! Sally and her team could not have made my daughter's dream day be more special! She told us to just trust her and she would make it all she wanted and she did that and more...I cannot say enough about Florals by the Sea and Sally, she was such a delight to work with and highly recommend her! The wind was a little crazy on the beach weddin gday but she totally reassured us that all would be fine and it was and the same goes for teh reception site-it may have been in the 40's outside but the guests had no ideal they were nice and toasty inside : ) Great job Sally you exceeded our expectations!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Bethany
11/01/2014

They really made our whole wedding come together! Our venue was Henderson park inn and the decor was exactly what we had talked about and even better! my advice is whenever you go to meet with her be prepared and know exactly what you want and how much you are willing to spend. Bring lots of pics. The pics she shows you will also help.

Services Used: Flowers

Sally at Florals by the Sea did such an amazing job designing and creating the florals for our Rosemary Beach wedding. Her ideas guided us in the right direction to our dream wedding...every detail was beautiful and every flower was perfect. Our bouquets were bigger and fluffier than I could have imagined. She has a great eye for just the right additions to your wedding decor and knows what special touches will have the biggest bang for their buck. She was so sweet, friendly and easy to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process.

Recently Married

So glad we found and worked with Florals by the Sea!! They went above and beyond for us on our wedding day! They have wonderful and very professional people to work with. They really listened to our needs and wants for our wedding flowers (i.e., bouquets, boutonnieres, table arrangements, etc.)! They even designed our mason jars to perfection!! And they are also very organized! I loved that (and this is coming from a person who has a Type A personality)! HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Recently Married

I had a destination wedding, so I was a bit nervous about each aspect of our wedding. Sally from Florals By The Sea couldn't send any pictures of the bouquets she was proposing for our wedding because they would be original arrangements, but she was so descriptive in our communication that I felt confident she was on the right track.

When I finally saw the bouquets, corsage, and boutonnieres she created, I was amazed!!! That Sally created what she did from a completed questionnaire and no face-to-face meetings was a true testament to her gift as a floral artist.

Her professionalism through the entire process was outstanding, and I am so grateful for her contribution to our wonderful day.

Sarah
10/11/2014

I came to Sally last minute needing bouquets for my wedding, with special attention that my bridesmaid dresses had come in the wrong color so I needed expert advice on how to make it work with what I had purchased already a month away from the wedding. She collaborated a beautiful mix of flowers that I let her choose that made all the decor come together beautifully, as well as giving me what I needed all at a great price. Couldn't recommend her more highly!!! Beautiful amazing work!

Services Used: Flowers

Oh my, I can't even describe to you how beautiful our flowers were for our wedding! We are so happy we chose florals by the Sea! Sally was so helpful, accommodating, and friendly! What an amazing experience! Our flowers were more than we expected and were absolutely gorgeous!!! Thank you so much!! :)

Services Used: Flowers

Marja was absolutely wonderful! I sent her photos of centerpieces and bouquets of what I was wanting and they turned out exactly how I imagined! I would highly recommend Florals by the Sea!