Fireseed Catering and Event Gardens

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fireseed Catering was the perfect venue from start to finish!
Getting engaged in January, I started to plan early and went to visit Fireseed soon after. Even though there were no flowers in bloom during the winter months, I still knew immediately how beautiful the venue would be and how easy the process would develop, while working with owners Dave and Dawn. Between my mom and I, we were constantly emailing with questions and recommendations for vendors on Whidbey Island. Dave always responded promptly and made us feel at ease. He was knowledgeable, kind, and extremely helpful throughout the entire (and rather long) process! I was consistently impressed by his professionalism.
Leading up to and on the day of the event, my whole family and I felt extremely comfortable and confident in the success of the event! Working with both Dave and Dawn, everything ran seamlessly. The gardens and venue space were just incredible and guests were wowed from the moment they arrived! Not only did Fireseed offer incomparable beauty for both our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, but the food was AMAZING! We are still getting compliments on it! My Maid of Honor who has attended several weddings this year is still preaching that the food was the best food she has ever had at a wedding!
I can't say enough positive things about Fireseed! I feel truly privileged to have had my wedding there and to have been able to work with them. It was a magical and memorable experience for both my now husband and I and our guests! Thank you Fireseed -- we could not be happier!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
Deborah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From start to finish our experience getting married at Fireseed Estate on Whidbey Island was wonderful.

Proprietors Dave and Dawn are as hands-on as you need, in our case we did not have a wedding planner and they provided tremendous guidance and insight throughout our year of planning. They ensured that all logistics were prepared for and executed seamlessly and flagged any details we may have overlooked. By managing food preparation and rentals they make the day manageable without being remotely cookie-cutter, a rare balance when it comes to wedding venues.

The property itself could not be more gorgeous. A true Northwest estate, it offers an on-site organic garden, striking flower beds, poplar trees and a lake in the background. A stunning backdrop for guests and photography!

Friends and family are still raving about the food, all seasonally selected and prepared in their on-site kitchen, there is no dry chicken or well done steak here. Their buttermilk fried chicken is the best my husband and I have ever tasted.

Prompt on email or phone and 100% dialed-in on site, it is clear Dave and Dawn are experts at what they do and I could not recommend them as a team and Fireseed as a venue more wholeheartedly. It was the perfect day, morning showers and all.

• Wedding: 08/29/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My Husband and I just got married there and I would not have changed a thing about our experience with Fireseed. The setting was gorgeous, Dave and Dawn were fabulous to work with, and the compliments could continue. Our guests loved the site too and couldn't say enough wonderful things about the place as well. Some even so far as to say it was the best wedding ever! :o)

This was the perfect spot for our wedding and if I ever needed it for any other event/party I wouldn't think twice about booking it!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was a beautiful and perfect day. Fireseed catering made it happen!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I have a large family and as such, have attended quite a lot of weddings, been to many venues, and experienced all different kinds and levels of reception service, but the operation that Dave and Dawn run is by far the best we have seen. We just had our wedding last weekend and it was phenomenal. All of our guests agree with us - the number of compliments they gave would completely overwhelm this review. We lost count of how many times a family member or friend told us that they thought everything from the grounds, to the food, to the staff was simply impeccable, and that ours was the best wedding they have been to.

Even if it were just the beauty of the setting for our ceremony or just the fantastic meal they prepared for our guests, we would still be impressed with Fireseed Catering. The amount of effort Dave and Dawn put in to help us plan the entire event, coordinate rentals, and the offers to help us find a florist and photographer - their availability, patience, and flexibility - are all truly remarkable.

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
Ellen
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place provided our family with a beautiful backdrop to a perfect day. The grounds are remarkable and even though the ceremony was outside as planned, the indoor possibilities would have been just as beautiful. A great venue with excellent catering.
Thank you Fireseed!!

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were married at Fireseed in late September, and we couldn't be happier with our decision! We chose Fireseed because it is incredibly beautiful and has a casual, intimate feel.

Leading up to the wedding, Dave was so easy to work with and he always responded quickly to my emails. He worked with us to make sure that we felt comfortable with all the event details and to make sure that everything was exactly as we wanted.

The weekend of the wedding was surprisingly stress free--and being able to set up on Friday and tear down on Sunday was a huge factor in that. We never felt rushed, and we had plenty of time to set everything up according to my vision. The space is so naturally beautiful that we could have had no decorations and been perfectly fine.

Dave and Dawn made sure that the day of the wedding flowed smoothly and naturally. Everything went off without a hitch, and we got nothing but rave reviews on the location! The venue set up allows for a gorgeous outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour at the rustic outdoor bar, dinner and dancing in the barn, and plenty of trails and benches for guests to sit and wander. The rustic grounds are filled with trees and colorful flowers which were the perfect backdrop for our wedding photos.

Oh, and the food was AMAZING! The dinner was delicious, and the pies and Whidbey ice cream were to die for.

Suggestion: Don't forget to test the mic. It kept cutting in and out during our ceremony.

We have nothing but great things to say about Fireseed. Recommend it without any hesitations!

• Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fireseed was extremely easy to work with, thorough in their planning and event management, completely accommodating of every one of our requests (and I'm ridiculously picky!), and generally just wonderful.

For our first meeting, Dave set up a tasting for us and asked numerous questions about details I hadn't even thought of. He is quite experienced, but at the same time totally willing to do things in ways they've never done before. (We set up our wedding ceremony in a spot that no one had ever used before.)

In addition to the wonderful qualities of the owners and the staff that they hired to help serve food, the Fireseed grounds themselves are simply beautiful. The main garden area is wired with hidden speakers, so we plugged in our iPod and had music outside all afternoon. The food was absolutely perfect, and the day was wonderfully relaxed.

• Wedding: 06/30/2007
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
360-321-4748
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire