Evergreen Country Club

Value
Flexibility
Rachel
05/22/2016

Brooke has been wonderful to work with! She always emails promptly, even on weekends. They have quite a few upgrade options that are all very affordable! Overall it's been a wonderful experience so far. We haven't had the big day yet but planning has been a breeze! (They even include candle centerpieces for those like me who don't want to do a huge floral arrangement)

Megan
06/06/2015

I have nothing but positive things to say about my wedding at the Evergreen Country Club. Brooke, the event director, gave us everything we needed to create our perfect wedding. The space itself if absolutely wonderful, the food is amazing, the service is professional, and the value cannot be beat! We were able to create a lavish wedding on a shoestring budget with the help and coordination of the event coordinator, Ellyn. Ellyn served not only as a day of coordinator, but also helped us decorate and organize the space using her knowledge of the space and artistic eye. Evergreen Country Club was not our first venue we contacted when we first started planning for our wedding. However, I found it to be the quickest at responding to inquiries and sending helpful information to guide us into making a decision.
The garden space made for a beautiful ceremony. We were lucky to have clear skies (even with rain and thunderstorms in the forecast up until the afternoon of the event). The staff was ready to flip the space indoors at a moment's notice if we needed. Ellyn made sure that all the vendors (as well as my DIY projects) were in the right place at the right time. She even made sure to cover things that I hadn't thought about.
I could go on and on about the venue, but I would be remiss if I didn't mention the wonderful food. I have been to a lot of weddings. I have had some really wonderful food at these weddings. I have also had some really horrible food at weddings. I was a little nervous about offering my guests a buffet, but it really worked out best in our favor to go that way because my husband really, really wanted the carving station. It also made the whole thing a little more relaxed and less of a headache (no assigned seating, no chasing down Menu choices from guests, no last minute changes of appetite, and no hungry guests!). The food was perfectly prepared and fresh. Not one guest left hungry that night!

Recently Married

Ellyn was amazing. Everything about our wedding came off without a hitch. She was even able to advise me of how build a base for a ten-foot cross we put behind the alter, and better still, her staff had the whole thing dismantled and ready to haul home by the time our event was over. Thank you Ellyn for taking away all the hassles! You're a pro!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

I don’t even know where to start to describe how amazing our wedding day was. Evergreen Country Club could not have been a more perfect venue. We are so happy that we chose them. The stone garden that we got married in was absolutely beautiful and the reception area was nice and spacious. There was a lot of room to move around and dance! The prices were very competitive and we definitely recommend this venue! A few other mentions, the event manager and our coordinator were amazing and made sure everything was done, and done right. The wait staff and bartender were great as well. Last, but not least, the food was incredible! Best wedding food I have ever had – we made sure we got the time to eat! We are so happy that we get to look back through our beautiful photos and relive that gorgeous day at Evergreen.

My husband and I had our wedding at Evergreen Country Club. I would HIGHLY recommend Evergreen Country Club to anyone planning a wedding or any other event. Brooke and Ellyn went above and beyond to ensure everything ran smoothly. The day of the wedding I didn't worry about anything! Brooke and Ellyn are so sweet - they make you feel so comfortable and stress free! They both were very professional and calm throughout the entire wedding process. I cannot say enough great things about Brooke and Ellyn. They were both very prompt and thorough when responding to all of my emails, which put my mind to ease and allowed me to enjoy planning my wedding. The Bridal Suite was gorgeous and very spacious, it was perfect! We even had our rehearsal lunch at Evergreen, which was amazing!!! We got so many compliments on the great food, wonderful service, and overall atmosphere. You can tell Brooke and Ellyn love what they do, which makes for a great experience.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

There are many great things about Evergreen: the beautiful grounds, a perfect outdoor ceremony space, delicious food. Your guests will be talking about all of these things. But what was most important to us, as the bride and groom, was the experience with the venue during planning. We set our date a year and a half in advance, and the staff at Evergreen were consistently helpful, attentive, and quick to respond to every question (and there were many!) that we had. Although they have several weddings a month there, they made us feel like we were the only wedding they were hosting in 2015. I can't say enough about Ellyn and Brooke--they are true professionals and so good at what they do! Hire them for the day-of coordination! Our DJ showed up very late the day of our wedding, and Ellyn and Brooke were dealing with that all day and never let me know. By the time they had to tell me (15 minutes before the reception), they had come up with a plan B and figured it all out. The DJ ended up showing up at the last second, but I really appreciated how they handled that situation. Ellyn spent a lot of time with us going over every detail and just got EVERYTHING right--exactly how we had envisioned it. She ran our rehearsal and made us feel totally ready for the next day and she gently kept us on schedule on the wedding day. Our bridal party and guests are still talking about how wonderful she was!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect. The scenery at Evergreen Country Club was amazing. The food was great and the staff was friendly. Danielle did a good job coordinating the day of to make sure our wedding ran smoothly. We also had our rehearsal dinner there and it was perfect as well. If you want a reasonably priced venue with great food, sights and staff then choose Evergreen!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Recently Married

Coordinators were very helpful and super friendly. They were always responding to emails and questions we had. I never had to worry about feeling lost in the process of planning my wedding. They were awesome!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Evergreen was a beautiful location for our September wedding! Brooke was amazing in helping us coordinate everything. She was there the day of and made sure everything ran PERFECTLY. We even had a slight medical emergency during the reception and she handled everything so well! We communicated via email with Danielle in the months leading up to the event. She set up our tasting and answered our questions. The food was outstanding, outside ceremony was gorgeous, and the reception inside was the perfect size for our 100 guests. The bartenders were awesome and full of energy the entire night! I would absolutely recommend Evergreen Country Club as a wedding venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Shelley
09/19/2014

I first visited Evergreen attending a bridal show and it was love at first sight! The mountain backdrop sealed the deal. Brooke and Danielle were very responsive to my emails & questions. No question was small or silly. The day of our wedding I felt very comfortable and confident that Danielle had everything under control. When I walked into the ballroom for the first time, it was absolutely stunning. Better than I had even pictured putting it together for 9 months! The staff was very professional and courteous to me guests. Weeks later I still have people talking about the food! I am so happy we chose Evergreen Country Club for our wedding - the day can be described in one word, perfect!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was wonderful! Danielle and Brooke were exceptional at offering advice on planning, ballroom arrangement / setup, and food selections. The views from the terrace are spectacular, making this country club ideal for anyone looking for the "Virginia is for lovers" feel. The grounds are great for photography too! What a dream wedding it was for us!

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We absolutely loved Evergreen!!! We are still getting compliments on what a beautiful venue it was and how great all the food tasted! Working with Danielle and Brooke was so easy - I couldn't imagine having to plan a wedding without them. They helped me every step of the way and were so nice, so responsive, so accommodating, and really patient with me! We are SO happy we found Evergreen and would recommend it to anyone and everyone! Couldn't have been more pleased with the way our day went - flawless! And all credit to them. Strongly recommend!!

Mark
07/12/2014

The employees and staff of the Evergreen Country Club did a tremendous done job handling my daughter’s wedding reception on July 12th. Many of our friends, relatives, and family were very impressed by the layout, cleanliness, atmosphere, the food, and the staff. We did not hear one negative comment about the entire evening. My wife and daughter were particularly happy with the instant help received when anyone was asked for any assistance. My personal thanks goes to the bartender, a job well done

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

We had a wedding reception at Evergreen and were very pleased, especially with the delicious food and helpful staff. The wedding pictures came out gorgeous, especially with the water fountain and mountain backdrop to the beautiful golf course. There are so many scenic spots within walking distance around the main building in which to take pictures. The event planners at the country club (Danielle and Brooke) were very sweet and accommodating. They were so helpful in answering all of our questions, helping to coordinate the wedding, and honoring our special requests to make our day extra personalized and special. I also recommend hiring Danielle or Brooke for the “day of coordinator” because they were great at catering to our needs, making sure everything ran smoothly. The servers and staff at the country club were all so helpful and efficient, too. I highly recommend Evergreen for any catered event.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a beautiful wedding at Evergreen and I want to thank Danielle and Brooke for everything they did. They never said no to me, they found a way to make everything work. We hired Danielle for the day of and not sure what we would have done without her. From setting up the ceremony and reception just right, to refilling our popcorn bar, being flexible with the chef making items not on their menu (my family is Russian and wanted our cultures food mixed into cocktail hour), and making sure I had everything I needed the day of. These girls were amazing and not a single thing went wrong that the guests could have ever known about. Not to mention the food is absolutely delicious!

I do have a few negative items that I would like for them to work on in the future. Please make sure every guest gets a slice of cake. We took more than half our cake home and several family members never got a slice. They say they serve every other empty seat while guests are serving and then leave a few out on the cake stand. We had enough cake for all guests so we shouldn’t have taken as much home. Just wish they served that better.

The bartender served house liquor at the start of cocktail hour when it was supposed to be call bar. This was fixed by reception time but I feel we should have been credited the difference since we paid for call not house. Also, during the hour of consumption, since we had open bar for 4 out of 5 hours, they served house rather than call. Evergreen said they did that to save us money which we appreciate but if we wanted a lower tier, we would have asked for that.

Regardless, these are minor things to work on with the staff. Evergreen provided us beautiful linens at no cost because of their amazing relationships and I’m certain we wouldn’t have had as beautiful of a wedding anywhere else. The property is gorgeous and they really know how to take care of you for a 5 star wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Danielle was so flexible and easy to work with! Evergreen is GORGEOUS year round and the staff made our wedding a fairytale.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue