Eventfully Planned
Serving Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut
166 Little Rest Road
South Kingstown, RI 02881  | map
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly /...

Profile   Reviews (61)   Photos   Videos   FAQ   Map
Flexibility:
 (5.0/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I can't say enough good things about Jamie! Without getting into details I already fired one wedding planner before her and spoke with several others. As soon as I spoke with Jamie I knew I found the right person. Jamie is like your best friend, your sanity, and your answer to everything leading up to the wedding. Being a Taurus and an only child I can be difficult. Anyone who knows me knows I don't deal with bs and I can be hard to please, okay very hard to please. Jamie did an excellent job. She really can get along with anyone and knows how to deal with every person and situation that arises. She is so organized and quick to come up with solutions. Even though I only had her for the wknd of she made me feel welcome to call her whenever I needed. Text, email, phone, or in person meeting- she would do it. I had no problem handing over all the control to her because I knew I was in good hands with her and I sure was! She didn't miss a beat- from bringing us champagne, water, and food in our hotel room, to driving back and forth from venue to hotel on the day of just bc she could hear in my voice I needed some piece of mind, to figuring and executing transportation for 130+ guest staying at about half a dozen different hotels, she did it all. She will help you as much or as little as you want and can take on as much or as little as you want her too. I really can't say enough great things about her. If you need an extra hand or an extra ten hands, she's the one to call. She's sweet, she's fun, she's smart, organized and so on top of things. She will make you feel like you are the only wedding she has and you are the most important person to her at that time. And now that the wedding is over I'm ready to hang out as friends bc she is an AWESOME person to be around!
Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We cannot say enough about the amazingness of Jamie Nelson and her staff with Eventfully Planned .. Jamie was our "day of coordinator" which was truly a life saver!! Literally every single little or big thing on our wedding day, Jamie had complete control .. And the coolest thing was that all the other vendors told us that about her too.. "Ohh you have Jamie? You've got not a worry in the world" and we can definitely attest to the absolute truth of that... Jamie Nelson/Eventfully Planned is by far the absolute BEST choice if you want to make sure you have the most seamless non stressful wedding experience .. No matter how big or how small , how glamorous or not... Eventfully Planned has everything you could ever imagine!
Wedding: 09/19/2014

Meghan 3 Reviews
Jamie is the best! When my husband and I began our wedding planning process we had no idea where to even start. When Jamie met with us, she got a sense of the vibe and style we wanted and then proceeded to brainstorm with us a multitude of ideas that were right on par with our aesthetic, preference, and budget, and helped guide us in the exact right direction, making all of our thoughts and wishes a reality.
She is extremely knowledgeable about venues and locations throughout Rhode Island and was able to give sincere and honest opinions about the different venders we were looking into. She recommended several venders that she thought were the best options for us and then we were able to pick and choose from there. I don't know what our wedding would have need without these perfect recommendations. We loved all of our venders and we would not have found them without Jamie. She also handled everything regarding our venders. She set up meetings for us, kept us organized, and helped us stay on top of our appointments and deadlines. Jamie did all of these tasks in a way that made us feel completely comfortable and confident. She was like our great friend who was happy to do all the dirty work for us. She spent so much time going to different venues and appointments with us and did a great job of recording all the details, big and small, so that no bit of information was forgotten. And if there was something we missed or didn't know, she promptly found that information out.
There were so many events that happened that made our wedding truly spectacular and they would not have happened without her. Our band for instance was amazing, and the lead band member flew from New Orleans for our wedding. I found this information out at the end of the wedding night, as I was telling him what an unreal and awesome job the band did. When I found out he was from New Orleans I asked him why he would fly all the way to RI for a wedding- he responded that the planning process with Jamie
Wedding: 08/23/2014

Private User 7 Reviews
Jamie is a godsend.

I had met/chatted with a couple of coordinators before talking with Jamie. Immediately, I knew that she was exactly who we wanted to work with on our wedding day. We had a very large wedding (nearly 260 guests) at Fort Adams. Many of our guests traveled from outside of Rhode Island (NYC, Boston, Washington DC, Savannah, Baltimore, California) and the country (Ireland, Spain, Switzerland). While our guest count was high, we envisioned a deeply personal and intimate reception. It was because of Jamie that we were able to fulfill this vision.

Jamie is organized - which for a Type A control freak is one of the highest compliments I can give. Jamie got my husband and I focused on items when necessary, was an excellent sounding board for ideas, and executed our vision for the day flawlessly.

Jamie is calm and collected. You know you are in great hands with Jamie at the helm.

Jamie is well respected within the community and has a phenomenal relationship with vendors. When I would call someone and mention that I was working with Jamie, they immediately sang her praises.

Lastly, the entire day felt relaxed, calm, natural, personal, and fun. Everything felt easy on the day of our wedding, which is a testament to planning before and execution during the reception.
Wedding: Recently Married

Cara 6 Reviews
We had our wedding at my parents' house in Westport, MA and we knew from the start that we needed a wedding planner to guide us on exactly what needed to be done to pull this off. Jaime was amazing from the start. Not only was she well organized and efficient, but her calm demeanor made such a positive difference in the whole planning and execution process.
There are so many vendors and moving parts that go into a tented wedding at a home, so I was really nervous about the whole process in the beginning. Jaime put my nerves at ease and in the end she managed an amazing day- I wouldn’t have changed anything.
Jaime’s vendor suggestions were invaluable, and I also appreciated her ability to work with new vendors. Our friends and relatives all commented on how amazing the day was and how great of job our wedding coordinator did. It’s clear that Jaime goes above and beyond for her clients, and I could not recommend her more to anyone.
Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Let’s see how do a put this…..”Jaime Nelson is the Best Wedding Planner Ever” She simply made the most amazing weekend of my life go off without a hitch! We spent about 21 months planning my wedding… and I can truly say it was a pleasure working with Jaime. Without her I would have been the stressed out New Yorker trying figure out a Newport Wedding. She set up vendor appointments, joined me for multiple appointments, negotiated contracts and most of all keep me on point throughout the entire planning process.
The day of my wedding was so fun! I didn’t even need to think about anything! Jaime arrived in my hotel suite bright an early with her assistant to help with the entire day events. I had the pleasure of working with her good friend Susan Sancomb my photographer they actually went over to Newport together and mapped out all the sites we were going to use for my wedding day photos. We were able to get some pretty amazing pictures at the Marble House and at The Rosecliff after the ceremony. Check out her website there is a blog from my 6.21.14 wedding http://sancombphotography.com .
My mom and I just can’t stop thanking Jaime for such a fabulous experience we had working with her.
I would recommend Eventfully Planned a million times over… I hope that every Newport Bride can experience the way I felt on my wedding day it was absolutely perfect!
Best,
Kerri Martin
Wedding: 06/21/2014

Danielle 2 Reviews
At my wedding my aunt asked me "what would you have done without your planner?" I truly can't imagine (nor do I want to) what my wedding day and the planning process would have been like without Jaime Nelson and Eventfully Planned. Throughout the planning process, Jaime was always there to offer honest advice and expert opinions when I needed them. I still cringe when I think of some of the decisions I would have made or forgotten to make without her. No matter how prepared or organized the bride, nothing can substitute for years of experience and hundreds of weddings, not to mention a Newport native's insider knowledge of the area and industry. The relief of knowing Jaime was in my corner gave me the PRICELESS experience of actually enjoying my wedding planning!
When the wedding day came Jaime made sure I was nothing but a bride and my only job was to marry my husband- she took care of EVERYTHING. Jaime manages to be both a professional and a friend. Do not underestimate how important it is to have people you LIKE there on your wedding day. Jaime will not only orchestrate the PERFECT wedding day, but is also someone you'll want there pinning in your veil and helping you take a couple deep breaths before walking down the aisle.
From amazing vendor suggestions, to dealing with last minute inclement weather I could not have asked for a better experience with Jaime at Eventfully Planned. If you want a fun wedding planning process leading up to a beautiful stress-free wedding, then choose Eventfully Planned!
Wedding: 06/14/2014

Ina 1 Reviews
Jaime was fantastic work with, both before our wedding and certainly the day of. She was constantly the person I looked to that day with any little question or concern. She and her team were great at making sure my groom and I had everything we needed (drinks, food, water on a hot day, etc). Most of our planning was done via email or phone since we weren't always in Rhode Island, and Jaime made that very easy. Can't say enough about how much we loved her! Thanks Jaime!
Wedding: 06/08/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jaime was a fabulous wedding planner for beginning to the end. Having to plan a Newport wedding from across the country was definitely difficult and I couldn't have done it without her!

When I was trying to narrow down the choices, I spoke to handful of planners over the phone. Everyone seemed very experienced but I simply felt the most comfortable talking with Jaime. Even though it was just an introductory phone, we pretty much seamlessly started throwing around ideas and talking about actual plans already. So I knew she was the one for the job.

She gave fantastic advice and suggestions for all the vendors that we needed but never pressured to use anyone and was always open to our thoughts and preferences. For the couple days that we had in town to meet with all these vendors, she created a helpful itinerary and accompanied us whenever you could. She was readily available via phone or email to answer any questions I had during the entire process. Despite the time difference, we made our phone convos work.

And of course during the wedding weekend, she helped coordinate all the events and made sure everyone was taken care from. She was there from my hair/make up to the very end delivering items back to my hotel room.

Sure wedding planning is not cheap but if you have room if your budget, it's totally worth it when you have someone great like Jaime!
Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What a wonderful decision we made in hiring Jaime Nelson as our wedding planner! My fiancé and I were introduced to Jaime by family living in Rhode Island (we currently live in Chicago), and knowing we wanted our wedding in Newport, she was the clear choice. I knew she was an expert at her profession after our first phone call, and would help make our destination wedding thoughts and ideas come to life. We loved all of Jaime's vendor recommendations and each time we said we were working with Jaime, they all had lovely things to say about her which always made us feel great. When the wedding weekend was upon us, all of the behind-the-scenes work was flawless. We were able to just enjoy the weekend knowing that Jaime was running the show, and everything went off without a hitch. I highly recommend Jaime for the brides that want a wedding professional, confidant and friend to take this amazing journey with them, and to be there for them every step of the way!
Wedding: 05/09/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jamie is a angel from Wedding Planning Heaven!
Our wedding was going to be small. My fiancee and I thought we could handle all the details on our own. We were wrong. When we realized we needed a wedding planner, we were lucky to find that Jamie was available. She was truly WONDERFUL. Jamie is extremely organized, professional, unflappable in any number of circumstances. She will think of the questions you won't and on the day of your wedding, she will be the best liaison with the people who work at the venue, the band, the photographer, every member of your wedding day team. She is the type of person who can make your grandmother feel welcome and get teenagers to smile for pictures.
On our wedding day, it's an understatement to say that I was nervous, Jamie was like a calming force from heaven. She and her assistant seemed to be everywhere they were needed before someone asked for them. When my husband and I look back on our wedding day, we know Jamie was a big part of how magical and memorable our day was. We were truly lucky to get to work with her on one of the most significant events of our lives together.
Wedding: 04/05/2014

Private User 3 Reviews
Jaime from Eventfully Planned was a fantastic wedding planner. I was planning my wedding remotely and was super busy with my job. She was patient and helped walk me through all of the things I needed to do and decisions I needed to make. Additionally, she was amazing on the day of the event. She made sure that everything ran smoothly and that I didn't even notice she was doing it - I didn't have to think about anything!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jaime is just the best. Period!

We hired Jaime for day-of coordination. I planned our wedding from afar and had two in-person meetings with Jaime when I came up to Rhode Island. She was always happy to meet with us or respond to an email even months before our wedding. She called all our vendors the week of the wedding to confirm final details, put together a detailed day-of timeline, and handled all the decor/items hauling - even bringing everything back to my parents at the hotel at the end of the night! Jaime's assistant checked in on the bridal party while we were getting ready and having her with us at that time was a really nice touch - not only to help make sure we were on time, but to answer questions and generally help out with the little things while we were getting ready.

I tend to be a pretty Type A kind of person, with tons of detailed spreadsheets and lists, and I trusted Jaime to take all the information I handed off to her and run with it. She has tons of experience and is such a calming presence. I really cannot picture our wedding day without Jaime - I don't know who would have taken care of all the things she did! I HIGHLY recommend Eventfully Planned!
Wedding: 09/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
For as far back as I can remember I have always wanted to get married at my parent's home in Lincoln, RI. When the time finally came to make that dream a reality, it was without hesitation that my mother and I decided we would need a wedding planner to help us with the process. After one meeting with Jaime, it was clear that we wanted to work with her- she was kind, sweet and funny, but most of all just by sitting and speaking with her, we had confidence that she would do all she could to make my wedding day the most memorable day of my life.

The quality that I admire most about Jaime's work as my wedding planner was her honesty about areas that she was not as familiar with and her dedication to making sure that the next time we met or spoke, she was the authority that very thing she was going to 'look into'. I really appreciated that I never felt like she was trying to impress me- leaving a good impression came naturally to her.

Jaime was a calming presence during the chaos that was ensuing at my parent's home in the days leading up to the wedding, and I cannot begin to describe on how many occasions the phrase 'Thank God for Jaime' was said and how much we meant it.

When my wedding day finally arrived, I had so many comments from family, friends, the photographer and videographer that I was so 'calm' and not a crazy nervous bride and I thank Jaime for allowing me to breathe and take it all in and not miss a single moment to stress or nerves. To see my parents home transform into the setting for my wedding was magical and the whole day seemed like a fairytale- and Jaime was truly like my fairy godmother.
Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jaime is amazing. Period.

She and her two assistants coordinated our wedding day and she made everything run so smoothly, exactly the way I wanted, or even better than I could've imagined! On the wedding day she was always there, thinking of things I didn't know needed to get done and taking care of it before I even knew it had happened. They also were just wonderfully sweet and accommodating people to have around all day, all of my guests fell in love with them!

In the planning of the wedding she and I talked a few different times and she had so many great suggestions for flow, timing of the day and helping me layout where everything was going to be (just to name a few!). For every situation I had questions about, she knew the pros and cons and laid it all out for me so I could make the best decision. I so appreciated her honesty and experience, she helped me avoid a lot of potential planning faux pas!

She always put in the extra effort too, doing things just above and beyond. My Aunt officiated our wedding so we were all first timers to the details of directing the ceremony. The three of them came to the rehearsal to check out the venue and see where everything was to prep for the wedding day. Then she walked us through the whole wedding ceremony process and we looked like professionals the next day :)

I'm also a wedding photographer and have worked with Jaime before on multiple weddings. She was the first person I called once we had a venue and idea of how the day was going to lay out. I just knew she was the only one for the job and she made our wedding day the best it could've been!

Thank you so much Eventfully Planned!!!!!!
Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Where do I begin, I contacted Jaime right after my new husband and I got engaged. I was looking for someone who would be able to take charge on our wedding day in Rhode Island. My husband and I, both being Active Duty Military, were very familiar with taking change and leading an event. With Jaime's past military history and extensive wedding portfolio, we knew she would be the one to take charge and allow us to relax and enjoy our day. She made planning an event from California for a Rhode Island wedding a breeze. I only came to Rhode Island twice for plannjng, and she was able to work with my schedule to get everything done. Other than picking the theme, Jaime was my expert advice on venders, locations, and decorations. I hired her for all planning up to the wedding and day of coordination, and it was well worth it. My wedding had some quick changes and rain up to a minute before the ceremony, and never once did I have to worry about whether my day was going to be perfect no matter what. Jaime took charge and directed vendors and guests, so that my husband and I did not have to do so, which we do too much in the military. She as well as her staff are nkt only extremely professional but a blessing, and I could not ask for a better leader for an amazing event.
Wedding: 07/20/2013
 401-580-5845
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire