Elizabeth Solaka Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I can't say how happy i am that i found Elizabeth!!!!!!! First of all i called her days before the wedding, we were eloping and the venue was outside. Based on the weather, the date of the elopement was not concrete. This was something that was so difficult to try to accommodate! Elizabeth was so attentive to our fluctuating dates, and made me feel at ease that she would make things work. This is something every bride needs on her wedding day! The day of the wedding there was no chance of rain as indicated by the local weather channels. To my surprise 10 mins after i arrived to the venue to get ready, it started pouring rain! As my heart sunk, in walked in Elizabeth. She helped me take my mind off of the rain and started taking pictures of me getting ready. Assuring me she thought the rain would pass, helped me put a smile on my face :) To make a long story short ... also bec i am running out of room to write! I highly recommend Elizabeth, she was AMAZING! Very professional, flexible beyond belief, extremely reasonable pricing, and very personable. As for the photo's .... they all came out AMAZING !!!! She did such a wonderful job capturing the precious moments. The venue was outside and she has a talent in incorporating the natural features which compliment photos so well! Elizabeth is highly recommended and i will be contacting her for future events!

Services Used: Photography

Elizabeth was recommended to us through a mutual friend and we are so happy we decided to have her photograph our wedding in NYC. Leading up to our wedding in September we got to know each other through Skype and our engagement portrait session. Elizabeth captured us perfectly in every capacity, stopping at areas she thought may be a good background or where the light would be best. We were blown away by our engagement photos and then when we finally saw our wedding photos we were over the moon with the various shots capturing the venue, the decorations, the ceremony and everyone having a great time dancing. Elizabeth was always silently nearby but willing to climb on furniture or do whatever it took to get the perfect shot and we really appreciated it. We also splurged for the video footage and Elizabeth's counterpart, Adam was awesome. I loved how Elizabeth and Adam didn't just take pictures, they got to know us and our personality (which was silly at times). We have a lot of traditional pictures but they caught some really fun moments like when my sisters we're getting their heels stuck in the grates on the sidewalk near the venue. We would definitely recommend Elizabeth and Adam and would hire them in an instant for any other upcoming special occasions we have in the future.

Services Used: Photography

Elizabeth photographed my wedding and also did an engagement session with us, and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer. First of all, I was thrilled with our photos. I had an unnecessary freak-out on our honeymoon because I realized I forgot to tell her to get all of these shots that I wanted. When I came back and got our photos, I found that she had gotten absolutely everything I was hoping for, and even more. I think she's particularly strong with portraits- I loved so many shots of my husband and me, but also of all of our guests and their kids. The quantity was great too, tons and tons to choose from. Secondly, she's just really great to work with. Super responsive, sweet, and communicative- definitely one of our favorite vendors.

Services Used: Photography

Elizabeth was exactly what we needed on our wedding day! She was calm, always smiling and yet was able to catch all our special moments without feeling like we had to stop and take "pictures". Our guests even mentioned how nice and accommodating she was!!!

So we had a great time with her on our wedding day, and then the pictures came back...and we loved reliving our wedding day through her photography. She was able to capture little things that we weren't able to see because of being busy doing "wedding stuff". There were great pictures of family and friends and food and fun.

Thank you so much Elizabeth, for making our special day all that much more special!

Services Used: Photography

I had the hardest time finding a photographer that I was comfortable with, but then i found Elizabeth! She was AMAZING! so extremely professional and took Beautiful pictures that I will treasure for a lifetime. She took gorgeous natural and posed photos, and caught many special moments without being intrusive. She has a sweet disposition and a soft friendly voice, she made this stressful time much easier. Her husband Adam did our video and also did a great job. Thank you so much Adam and Elizabeth!!! Tamara and Andrey ;)

Services Used: Photography

Elizabeth did such an amazing job with our photos!
All of the photos really captured "us" as a couple and the personalities of our guests. It brings a smile to my face every time I flip through the picutres. I loved the candid shots so much, they are what make up the majority of my wedding album.
She was very easy to work with and worked hard to get me my edited photos before I moved shortly after my wedding, which I am very thankful for! I absolutely recommend meeting with Elizabeth for your event, you will love working with her.

Private User
1+ year ago

Elizabeth was great to work with and I highly recommend her! She understood our personalities which I think made the whole process and the pictures turn out so wonderful. She was very timely in responding to emails and phone calls and getting the pictures to us after the engagement session and the wedding. Thanks again Elizabeth!

Services Used: Photography

Elizabeth did an absolutely wonderful job photographing my wedding! I know my review is a little late but it is important that I let brides-to-be know that she is a perfect choice if you want gorgeous and heartfelt photos that capture all your special moments. I wanted lots of candid shots that showed love, laughter, and happiness, and that is exactly what I got, plus more. She was very professional and engaged throughout the pre-wedding process, did wonderful engagement shots for us, and was very amenable to our needs and wants. A lot of photography vendors try to sell you on their services, but Elizabeth is the real deal. She has the gift and the "eye." My grandmother looked through all the pictures and said "there's not a bad picture in here"--and she's absolutely right. Whenever I look at my photos I can't help but smile and laugh because my big day was captured beautifully.

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I could not have been more pleased with any other photographer than Elizabeth for our wedding. From the initial meeting with her we knew immediately that she was the right photographer for us...we actually made the decision within 5 minutes of meeting her because of her kind and relaxed personality. To say that we were pleased with the pictures would be an understatement. Some of the pictures she took were among the prettiest we have ever seen, as she knows how to blend nature and artistry in a very unique way. We also met with her to do engagement pictures and my husband and I scoured the place ahead of time and were sure that we picked the best spots. However, Elizabeth found a little romantic nook out of the corner of her eye (which we never would have thought of) that turned out to be the perfect engagement picture, better than anything we could have planned. She does a great job encouraging spontaneity, which results in her pictures having an incredibly natural feel.

All of our guests LOVED her as our photographer and said that our engagement/wedding pictures were some of the most beautiful, and of the highest quality, that they had ever seen. Her easy-going nature led us to feel as though she wasn't just our photographer, rather a member of the family, as my husband's mother was raving about her for weeks after the wedding.

Do yourself a favor and hire her as your wedding photographer, you will not be disappointed!!!

ashley
07/27/2013

Elizabeth was great! Not only is she an amazing photographer, she handled all off the chaos of the day with ease. She also captured treasured moments that I will hold dear forever. I can't say enough good things about her!

Services Used: Photography

I've never been much of a model for pictures, more of a picture taker actually. However, for the first time in my life, I'm happy to say I'm proud to be in the photographs! Elizabeth captures moments, emotions, and the beauty inside and out. In one particular photo, the love between my husband and I is so apparent that I tear up just thinking about it.

Elizabeth immediately picked up on my discomfort in being the model for pictures. She took charge, making sure that everything was organized, and preceded to make the bridal party laugh. This resulted in gorgeous photos!

In summation, we all loved her and I kept getting compliments about her throughout the night. I thought it was great because I didn't know she took most of the pictures that turned out best. With her sunny disposition and professional approach, we can't help but highly recommend her!

Services Used: Photography

Elizabeth was such a pleasure to be around and work with. She did a wonderful job of capturing the special moments of our wedding day. After seeing the photos she took of our engagement, we had complete confidence and trust in her skills -- but we could not have imagined how awesome she would be on the day of.

Not only is she extremely talented, but a total pro. She has a lot of experience and knew just what to do. She was prompt, prepared, and began photographing almost right away -- without being obtrusive, and made us all feel very comfortable at ease. This is coming from someone who doesn't like to have their picture taken!

Overall, we loved having Elizabeth as our photographer, she was so much fun and a great addition to our day. We have so many beautiful pictures, our only problem is going to be having to choose which ones to use!

Ashin
06/08/2013

We feel extremely lucky to have had Elizabeth as our wedding photographer on a very short notice. She is an amazing photographer with a great eye for details. We loved every single photograph from our wedding. Apart from her obvious talents behind the lens what made her so special to work with was her professionalism, friendliness and warm personality. She went out of her way to account for our tight budget and even presented us with a beautiful high-end leather bound album when we were very happy with the regular one. From the very first phone call to the very last email every interaction with her was enjoyable and productive. You would definitely feel lucky to have Elizabeth create memories for your special occasions.

Services Used: Photography, Videography
Private User
1+ year ago

Amazing!!! We used Elizabeth for our wedding in May and I can't even tell you how pleased we are with our wedding photos. Elizabeth is so sweet, genuine and truly talented. She is able to capture emotion in her pictures and catch those perfect moments when you hardly know she is even there! If you love natural, non Photoshoped, candid shots this is the photographer for you. Trust me I did all the research for you just hire her! You will not be disappointed! Xoxo

Elizabeth Solaka Photography responded with the following comments:

I do use photoshop, just not so much that you'd notice. : )

Services Used: Photography

I can't say enough about how wonderful Elizabeth was before the wedding, during the wedding, after the wedding - ALL THE TIME! We love our pictures - Elizabeth made us feel at ease like she was part of the family and I loved it. I will definitely use her over and over again, for babies and family pictures in the future. Just absolutely gorgeous, stunning pictures - what more could a bride ask for?

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I met with several photographers before ultimately hiring Elizabeth Solaka to photograph our NYC wedding at St. Patrick's Cathedral. After meeting with her in person and reviewing her pictures, we knew we wanted to have Elizabeth photograph our wedding. While staged pictures with fancy filters done in post-production are nice to look at, we wanted our pictures to tell the honest truth, that allowed us to relive the raw emotion of our wedding day. That is exactly what Elizabeth delivers in her photography. Elizabeth's unobtrusive way of working allowed her to capture us and our guests "in the moment." The smiles, tears and laughs are all genuine and I cannot thank her enough for sharing her talent and artistry with us on such an important day of our lives.

From the very first email, Elizabeth was helpful, understanding and responsive. Aside from being a talented photographer, she is also such a caring and wonderful person and after all these months of back-and-forth emails I feel as though she is now a friend. On our wedding day, she was professional and remained calm, even with the fast-paced bustle of NYC (we took pictures in Times Square)!

We have had the digital copies of our pictures for a few weeks now, and we literally have thousands of beautiful photos that we have looked through over and over again. We click through each picture in sequential order and relive every moment of our day. At each click, we smile, laugh and cry, many times wondering how she was able to capture such images. Choosing pictures for our wedding album is proving to be a daunting task because of her amazing work. My husband and I feel so fortunate to have discovered Elizabeth among the many wedding photographers in NYC. There are many difficult decisions to make when planning your wedding, but if I can help you with one of them, it would be this: Have Elizabeth photograph your wedding. You won't regret it.