El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel

Flexibility:
 (4.7/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding here on August 24, 2014. We also did a rehearsal/welcome dinner the Saturday before, on the 23rd--both experiences were wonderful! We reviewed and spoke with 8 hotels before deciding on the El San Juan for our destination wedding. Melissa Martinez was prompt with phone calls and emails and was always available to answer questions and explain hotel policies. "Panorama" was used for the welcome dinner---great view and great food! "Encanto" was used for our wedding venue (ceremony and reception) and it was excellent!!!!! Great food, great view, staff to support us and everybody was pleasant and accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel for events in the future!
Wedding: 08/24/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Every review seems to mention Amnel Colon and there is a reason for it. He was extremely nice and accommodating before and during the wedding. We changed what we wanted several times in order to fit our budget and guest list. Each time, Amnel responded within a day with a new quote. It ended up being a very affordable wedding at a beautiful venue.

Our wedding was supposed to be outside at Encanto but it ended up raining. We moved the wedding to the Panorama room and it turned out great. The food was perfect, steak and lobster. Our families were extremely happy with the resort overall.

Another person that is always mentioned in these reviews is Susan Wilkerson. Again, there is a good reason for it. We have stayed at the El San Juan twice now, and each time, Susan helped us get a room that was perfect for us. Overall, our wedding could not have gone better.
Wedding: 08/16/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The hotel did a great job with gathering information and providing us with superb service on the wedding day. Working with Melissa Martinez was great. She was pleasant and responded to all my concerns. She also worked well with my coordinator. I would recommend this hotel for it's service, the look, and the location. So happy I decided to have my wedding there.
Wedding: 08/02/2014

Lorraine 1 Reviews
We normally do not review services we get but, this time was imperative to do so. Most of the wedding venues could be assessed for many of their attributes food, landscape, interiors, reception service staff and this one is definitively within the top 5 in Puerto Rico. It does exceed in an area no other venue has. His name is Amnel Colon (Catering Sales Manager). This guy made the difference, from the very first inquiry we made by being so pleasing, attentive and easy to work with. These, in combination to follow through on details and requests, keeping our budget guideliness in mind, made our wedding the most amazing souvenir from the nigt/weekend. Thanks to him every single invitee was amazed and pleased by the event as well. If we have to do any kind of celebration, we will definitevly choose this venue again and all thanks to him and of course the staff behind him.
Wedding: 07/25/2014

Private User 6 Reviews
I have been planning our wedding since November 2013. It was a destination wedding so all we had to go by were a few brochures and customer reviews. El San Juan Resort and Casino did not disappoint. Our ceremony was initially suppose to be held outside but it was expecting rain during that timeframe, so the call was made to change the location in enough time to notify all guests that were attending and the second location was better than the first. The reception space at the Panorama Room was beautiful and the guests enjoyed the appetizers and entrée. Everyone was very attentive and we didn't have to worry about a thing that whole day. I would highly recommend this venue for any type of celebration!!
Wedding: 07/11/2014

Elizabeth 1 Reviews
Amnel was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. We made all arrangements via email and phone. Amnel recommended a wedding planner to assist with all the other details which worked out perfectly. The ceremony and reception went exactly as planned. The service at the reception was amazing! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. All our guests had a wonderful time and many commented it was the best wedding they'd been to. We had several vegetarians and they all felt the food was delicious and plentiful. We had a few small children at the wedding and the staff had their kids' menu food ready during cocktail hour so they didn't have to wait too long to eat. Amnel was easy to communicate with, get ahold of, and he always responded quickly. I never felt stressed or worried because the communication was easy from my first inquiry 10 months prior to our wedding date. Overall, Amnel and the supporting staff were incredibly professional, responsive, friendly and accommodating.
Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding was a dream. Our hotel event coordinador Amnel was a pleasure to work with and very knowledgeable of everything through out the entire process. He also made sure we were comfortable during our entire stay.

We would most certainly come back here to stay and would recommend this venue to others. :)
Wedding: 06/21/2014

Cassie 1 Reviews
My wedding was an absolute fairytale! Everything was beyond perfect! Amnel was so amazing he is so fast to respond go emails it made planning my wedding ten times easier!
Wedding: 06/14/2014

Michael 1 Reviews
Melissa was a joy to work with. Admittedly, I'm not the easiest person to work with as I have an extremely busy schedule, however Melissa was always able to accommodate requests right up through the ceremony. My wife and I even asked Melissa to join in a picture on our wedding day as we now consider her to be a friend. Melissa will make sure that all boxes are checked leading up to your special day, and will go well beyond her job duties to make sure that you and your guests are all taken care of.
Wedding: 04/15/2014

Amanda 3 Reviews
ESJ definitely delivered the "WOW" factor for my destination "Copacabana" wedding. From the appearance, and hotel/lobby decor to the location, customer service, and guest amenities, ESJ has it ALL! Every guest told me it was above and beyond what they expected - I am STILL getting compliments from our guests about how much fun they had - no joke! Not to mention, the BEST catering manager, Amnel Colon, he is amazing! He treated my now husband and I like a King and Queen and helped ensure our wedding was a great success due to his patience, EXCELLENT customer service, and project management. Thank you, Amnel! Hilton is truly blessed to have you. Lastly, to all the Brides reading this review, if you are looking for a FUN yet classy wedding, ESJ is the place to be - so what are you waiting for?! :)
Wedding: 04/04/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great experience working with The San Juan Hotel and Amnel Colon. The ballroom is gorgeous and the entire hotel is spectacular. I had no problems working with them and every little detail was carried out to perfection! I recommend this hotel and their staff without reservations.
Wedding: 03/29/2014

Kandise 1 Reviews
The staff at El San Juan Hotel and Casino provided me with great professionalism as well as efficient service. My family and I will never forget our experience there.
Wedding: 03/15/2014

Ashleigh 2 Reviews
The El San Juan Resort and Casino was absolutely beautiful and the perfect place for our wedding. The Catering Manager, Amnel Colon, is an amazing help. He was very professional and easily approachable about all of our concerns and requests. He was quick to respond to any of our questions or requests. We planned our entire wedding from Michigan. It was everything that we imagined, plus more. All of the staff were extremely helpful and had genuine concern and caring that every detail was perfect. Amnel personally was there the day of our wedding to oversee every detail and ensure that we were happy. The resort, and staff, went above and beyond to make sure that we were satisfied. I would highly recommend this resort for anyone that is looking to have any event there. They have so many beautiful areas to cater to whatever your needs may be. I think the hardest decision we had to make for the entire wedding was the specific venue on the property that we wanted. The food was amazing. The resort itself has so many breathtaking views (both inside and out). It is a truly unique resort from all of the other resorts in the area. We toured 8 other resorts in the San Juan area. The El San Juan was the resort that we went with because their event pricing was competitive; the guest rooms were clean, well maintained, and also competitively priced; and the resort had the most to offer its guests compared to the other places that we viewed.
Wedding: 03/11/2014
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Leonardo 1 Reviews
Amnel fue una pieza escencial para el exito de nuestra boda. Estamos profundamente agradecidos con su ayuda!
Wedding: 01/25/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When we started planning our wedding renewal we knew from the start we wanted to get married at El San Juan, there was just no doubt. We only looked at other place and honestly it wasn't up to par to the magic and glam of El San Juan. The architecture of the hotel is just so stunning and we decided on our Gatsby theme there was just no better fit, with all the chandeliers and candelabras around the hotel and the beautiful woodsy tones, it was just perfect. We had our ceremony at the ballroom and our reception at the historic Tropicoro, where some of the great musicians have played, it made perfect sense with our 1920's themed event. The colors of the room just mixed so well with our decor and it made it come alive, even when I saw it all took together I was blown away by the glamour it portrayed. Amnel was just the most amazing person to work with, he was always there for us, even with our crazy ideas he took the time to make our dream come true and made it more than I could have ever expected. His commitment to his work is just something that makes him an amazing manager. My dream came true and in great part to the team at El San Juan, and they made me feel special all the way till I checked out a few days after the wedding.
Wedding: 01/05/2014

Sandra 2 Reviews
Great venue. Beautiful place to celebrate our special day. Hotel staff was very atrentive to all of our needs. Waiters/waitresses and bartenders treated us excellently. Event coordinating staff very responsable and present at our activity to make sure all flowed smoothly. Highly recommended!
Wedding: 01/04/2014
 787-791-1000
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire