ECHOUMAKEUP MAKEUP & HAIR STUDIO {AIRBRUSH / HAIR EXTENSION}

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I hired Elaine for my both my wedding and engagement session. I was very happy with the outcome. She did an amazing job. Elaine is very artistic and a perfectionist. She makes sure your hair and makeup was perfect and to your liking. She is very patient and her timing of hair and makeup is superb. Her team Tina (makeup artist) and Michelle (hair) did an amazing job with my bridesmaids. They all looked beautiful and their makeup and hair lasted all day. I would definitely recommend Elaine and her team for anyone who needs their service.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Shirley
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was the first time in my life that I got so many "wow, you're gorgeous" compliments from people, including strangers, so I was absolutely satisfied.

Elaine and Jesse were both great. Elaine did my makeup while Jesse did my hair. They both tag teamed so I got ready pretty quickly... in about 2 hours. I didn't even need a trial session because I had so much faith in Elaine. She definitely lived up to my expectation!

For both the hair and makeup, it literally lasted all day. I had so much trouble parting with the look that I kept it to the next morning... lol. I recommend you show them pictures of what you want to get the best results. If you want hair extensions, remind them the day before.

What's amazing is we were ahead of schedule. Pictures to come!

Side tip: If you need chairs and/or decor, Elaine can give you an awesome deal. It's too bad I found out about it after I bought my decor.

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the wonderful privilege of working with Elaine this year for my January wedding. She is absolutely THE BEST hair and makeup professional around. I am extremely picky when it comes to who touches my hair and face. It is so rare to find individuals who are skilled to work on Asian faces (with single eyelids) without making them look completely scary and unnatural. My hair is also so pin straight that it doesn't do anything except...well...hang straight and low. I couldn't believe how extremely talented Elaine was in overcoming my awesome "Asian quirks."

TRIAL: I highly recommend doing a trial before your wedding day! It took quite a few hours, but it was totally worth it. Elaine showed me two different updos and makeup styles that I both LOVED. I ended up choosing them both- one for the wedding day, and the other for our second reception. She was very attentive to my preferences, and versatile in accommodating them. It was also so much fun getting to know her in the process. She is one of the sweetest persons you'll ever meet!

WEDDING DAY: Elaine's very talented team worked on my bridesmaids and moms.They were able to take everyone's vision, and turn them into a beautiful reality. Meanwhile, Elaine was very calm and patient while working on me. Growing up, my dad always joked about grooms who jump out the window the next morning because he couldn't recognize his bride without all her makeup on. You will never have to worry about that with Elaine. She was able to transform me into a beautiful and elegant bride without "masking" who I was. Everyone ended up looking GORGEOUS! Our makeup stayed all through the day (pictures in the hot sun) and into the night (tons of dancing!). Elaine and her team's professionalism and skill is unparalleled. I'm so glad that they were a part of our wedding day!

• Wedding: 01/03/2014
Joy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Although I don't have much experience with hair/make-up artists, I have to say I have no regrets choosing Elaine and her team (Jessie)!! They were friendly, flexible and professional! They were willing to wake-up and drive 40+ miles on my wedding day and they were efficient and meticulous! I would recommend Elaine and her team to anyone who is looking for quality work!!

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
Francine
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elaine did my makeup for my engagement photo and on my wedding day May of this year. She is a very sweet person and her make up skill is so professional. I'm a person who doesn't like heavy make up, and Elaine was able to do my make up in a very very natural way but still look like wedding make up, which I absolutely need to praise her for that. Her team also did my bridesmaids and my mom's make up and they all loved it. Her team is very professional and they made us look so pretty. We also got a lot of compliments for our hair styles too!

So thank you Elaine and her team, you all made my BIG DAY a beautiful and memorable day in my life.

• Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very professional, extremely detail, on time, accommodating, know what she is doing, most importantly you will have a peace of mind that make up will be perfect!!!! I cried when she finished mine on my wedding day, I never looked so beautiful and my scars and pimples were all covered, makeup was very natural and smooth.

Oh, she also listens to client's preference. You can rest assure that you will be the most beautiful bride if she does your makeup. Even casual makeup by her will turn out perfect on pictures, and very natural.

I tried on many makeup artists, and I am not from the area, it took me quite some time to find her, and it's all worth it.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elaine did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for the wedding day (and during the trial). Her team also did a great job with hair and makeup for our moms and the bridal party. My makeup looked flawless and I received numerous comments. The makeup stayed on all day. Elaine was also able to do an early evening touch up for me. Elaine is very friendly and has great suggestions and can work well with different complexions/hair. I will definitely recommend Elaine to my family and friends! Thank you again so much!

• Wedding: 04/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elaine is so freakin amazing!!! And I must say, I looked super stunning during my trial and wedding day!!! I reached out to Elaine late in the game and requested her assistance 2 months prior to my wedding date. She was already pretty booked up that day but was very willing to help me without any hesitations! She comes from an extensive background and her portfolio says it all. She is extremely accommodating, flexible, and makes every effort to cater to you!!! I had a great time working with her and would reach out to her again when the occasion rises. She always responds quickly and is just a true delight to work with.

• Wedding: 03/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was such a pleasure to work with Elaine and her makeup team. I had a huge group of 8 bridesmaids that needed both hair and makeup done. Everybody arrived on time and my bridal party all looked beautiful for my big day. As far as my own makeup, Elaine did a wonderful job and I got so many compliments. She made me feel confident walking down that aisle and I barely had to touch up at all throughout the whole night! Elaine really knows her stuff!

• Wedding: 03/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elaine was a pleasure to work with. We went with Elaine (Echou Makeup for hair/makeup, flower) and Terry (Inlight Lighting - lighting and decoration, flower) and they made the planning process so much easier. Elaine helped with not just great make up and hair but also with coming up with the coloring pallette and concept of the whole production along with Terry. Her willingness to go beyond her specific area of service for hair and makeup by assisting us with the designing and providing useful comments, suggestions, and critique isn't something that can easily be found in other vendors. Trial hair and makeup went without a hitch and she was on time for every meeting. She showed up at crack of dawn on the day of and worked so hard to make all the ladies happy with their hair and makeup for hours. She is reliable, provides great service and good company. She along with Terry also provides reliable qualify references! Thanks Elaine!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Elaine and her make up team did a great job and provided a good service. Hair and make up were done in time. I also used the flower service with Elaine. The florist did a wonderful job. It was raining during my wedding but they did everything they can, got everything done in time. Some of the boutonnieres for were huge, didn't exactly come out as i thought it would be but everything else was great.

• Wedding: 11/17/2012
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Flowers
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elaine was terrific -- even prior to the wedding, she was willing to demonstrate three different hairstyles on me during our trial, which definitely was above and beyond what I was expecting. On the day of the wedding, Elaine made sure that everything was to my liking and was very attentive to my wishes. I loved working with her and never had to worry about what I was going to look like. She is very friendly and easy to get along with. I definitely recommend her work!

• Wedding: 11/02/2012
ginger
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Elaine is sweet and she arrived on time. However, I really did not like the way my makeup came out for my wedding. I asked for a smokey look, which she did, but i had to ask her to fix my eyes because it came out looking extremely strange. My fears were confirmed from the pictures taken at my wedding. I chose Elaine from all the other vendors, even though she was on the pricier side because I liked the makeup and hair portfolio from her website but based on my wedding photos, I realize that I really dislike the way my makeup came out. My hair came out good, not great...I asked for a high bun updo, but the bun was too small and low to the point that you cannot tell I have a bun in some photos taken from the front profile. As for my makeup, I feel that bridal makeup should make the bride look like she's glowing, but instead my makeup looks very dark. Since it seems like Elaine specializes in Asian makeup, I thought her smokey eye look would come out great, but I felt that it made my eyes look smaller. Also, the blush should have been brighter, but it looks more bronzed in the photos. Unfortunately, I wish I had gone another direction with my bridal hair and makeup.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elaine is great. She is nice and friendly, I really like her makeup and the hairstyles that she did for me on my wedding. I would recommend her to a friend.

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
Stacey
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Awesome service. Thanks so much for making my our wedding special.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have tried 3 different makeup artists, Elaine is the best! Elaine and her team are amazing! They used quality products. It feels good on my sensitive skin. They arrived on time and did a great job transforming all the ladies into beauties. I prefer the natural look. So, I still looked like myself, but just "prettier"... :-) My mom is a very picky person. And she was very happy with her Makeup & hair. Elaine has a great selection of hair accessories and earrings that we could borrow. That certainly saved me $$. I will certainly hire Elaine again when I attend special event in the future.

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
Theresa
626-215-8116
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards