Dunham's Bay Resort

Dunham's Bay Resort

The Best Kept Secret in Lake George!

2999 State Route 9L
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter and her now husband announced their engagement in June 2014 and married October 2014. If you are counting, that gave us 4 months! Choosing Dunham's Bay was the best decision we could have ever made! The view is breath taking! The view enhances any picture.The entire staff there is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The food was amazing! My son-in-law is a chef, and he has very high standards. The food surpassed our expectations. The jewel at Dunham's Bay would have to be Lynn. She takes great pride in insuring the bride, groom and the families have everything they need. She seemed to be everywhere at once! My daughter never knew any issues that arose. Lynn took care of any glitches seamlessly. As the bride's mother, she understood the unique emotions I was going through. She kept me in the loop with everything. She was as much support to me as she was for my daughter. She does it all with a smile on her face. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dunham's Bay for your wedding/reception venue!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had lunch at Dunham’s Bay a year before our engagement and fell in love with their place. When we got engaged, this was the first place in our mind for getting married. Choosing Dunham’s Bay as our wedding venue was the best decision. The venue is breathtaking. If you look at the pictures and think that this is a beautiful place, you will be mesmerized when you stand here yourself. This is the best spot for a wedding in upstate New York especially when fall foliage is at its peak.
They have the best team and best people working to make sure that you have the best day of your life. Lynn is like your own wedding planner. She was extremely helpful and concerned about everything. We had many ideas and she was willing to do everything we asked for. She listened to our ideas and our vision and gave us very good suggestions to improve everything. You can tell that these people are not in this business just for money. They are doing this because they love it and this is their passion. Lynn also told us about AAWA and this also got us a good discount on other vendors. We had different colors for every table. Lynn did not hesitate and showed us all the available options. During wedding planning, she guided us and provided us with excellent suggestions. On the wedding day, she took care of everything and we did not have to worry about anything.
Chef AJ was terrific. He sat with us for food tasting and explained every dish. We tried a lot of dishes and choose the ones we liked. AJ was very attentive to our demands. We requested lamb, which was an out of menu item but he was excited and willing to try that. The food at the wedding was delicious. Everyone loved the food and AJs cooking.
The prices are quite reasonable and they include taxes, gratuity etc. There are no hidden costs. They also offer a complimentary suite to bride and groom on the wedding night. It was an amazing experience and they made sure that everything at our wedding ends up being absolutely perfect.

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lynn and the staff at Duhnam's Bay Resort were amazing. I am still getting comments from my family/ friends on how great the venue and food were!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Carisa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lynn and the rest of the staff were great and I would recommend anyone to go there and see the place if they are looking for beautiful lake view place to have any event.

• Wedding: 09/28/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wonderful people to work with i highly recommend them.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014

ceremony:
During the initial planning of our wedding Dunhams Bay Resort (DBR) gave us a few different options for locations of our ceremony. We could basically do whatever we wanted. Sadly it rained on our wedding day but we were able to use our backup option and have it under the tent. DBR kept us up to date on the weather and had no problems making a quick change to the tent.

reception:
The upstairs dining room and bar were perfect for our reception. Similar to the ceremony, we had almost complete control to set up our own layout for the tables, dancefloor, and buffet. Everything looked amazing and had a very rustic, Adirondack feel. We especially liked the large “U” shaped bar.

firepit:
One of the best parts of the day was the post-reception fire pit. DBR was able to get us a smores bar. It was perfect to be able to relax and sit around the fire with all of our family and friends after the long day.

rooms:
DBR was able to save a block of rooms and cabins just for us. The cabins were great for larger families with kids who normally need to reserve multiple hotel rooms, or a group of college friends who are used to passing out on couches/floors.

food:
Chef AJ did an amazing job with the food. During the tasting we went over our ideas for the buffet menu and he helped us balance it out. We ended up going with a slider bar and everything turned out perfect. They were also very accommodating of any vegans or vegetarians.

Lynn:
We cannot say enough about how perfect our wedding experience was with DBR. But we don’t believe any of it would have been possible without Lynn. She was with us through every step of planning and throughout the wedding day and following morning. We still don’t believe that this woman sleeps. She was the last one with us at the firepit and the first one we saw the next morning. Her number one goal is to make sure that every aspect of your wedding is perfect. And that is exactly what she did for our wedding.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Michael
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dunham's bay resort and thier staff are simply amazing! Lynn is by your side EVERY step of the way. She answers every question you have and I had a lot! She even helped me figure out a way to skype my mom during my wedding because my mother was in the hositpal and coughs not make it! My wedding was MY version and I was able to do this because you aren't given a package to pick from you choose everything from the napkin colors down to food! Lynn is wonderful a and she literally made my day worry free!

• Wedding: 08/05/2014
Jessica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lynn Clausen made all of dreams come true. She was very accommodating to all of needs. Dunham's Bay Resort was a perfect venue for our wedding celebration. I would recommend time and time again.

• Wedding: 08/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I couldnt be any more thankful or happy that we chose Dunhams Bays for our wedding venue. Lynn was amazing to work with. She answered every question we had, gave us ideas, and helped fix any thing that snuck up on us! Lynn helped to make my wedding day stress free and enjoyable. From rehearsal dinner to the morning after our wedding everything was beautiful. We couldn't have asked for everything to go any smoother than it did! Not only were we pleased, but our guests reminded us multiple times how great everything was! Thank you so much for your patience, and all of your help in making our special day as perfect as it was! I will highly recommend you to anyone I know looking to plan a event.

• Wedding: 07/19/2014
Erica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our daughter was recently married at Dumham's Bay and she had the wedding of her dreams! Lynn and the entire staff worked tirelessly to ensure that the bride and groom were relaxed, happy, and stress-free for their big day. As well, the bridal party, families, and many guests were all treated with the utmost of cheerfulness and attentiveness. Chef AJ 's culinary creations were pleasing to both the eye and the palate. We could not have wished for anything more, better, or different than the wonderful experience of a Dunham's Bay wedding for our daughter.

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dunham's Bay is amazing! Not only is it a beautiful location but there food is great and they are very accommodating. Every thing was always taken care of and if I ever had a question Lynn was just a phone call away.

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The team at Dunhams is amazing from start to finish! Lynn helps to make the day of and your planning up to stress free and fun. The location is perfect for a full weekend event. The cabins and fire pit are perfect for families and friends to hang out before and after the event. We did our rehearsal the wedding and breakfast at Dunhams and that chef AJ he can cook the food was Amazing and guests are still raving about it! Plus don't forget the beautiful view! Dunhams Bay is the full package and at a great price! If you want to have a wedding in Lake George this your venue!!

• Wedding: 06/01/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food was amazing, the people were amazing, Lynn was amazing!! If I could do it all again I would do it the exact same way. This venue helped create my dream wedding, and a life time of memories!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
Alexis
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Loved having our wedding here! Would recommend to anyone!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
Kathryn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

as a professional wedding vendor myself I can honestly say nobody does it like Dunham's Bay when it comes to personalizing your wedding and meeting all your needs. The property is beautiful and welcoming to all friends and family along with the gorgeous lake views its delicious food .Lynn being there to make sure everything ran smooth and facilitating our every need.we felt like are wedding was completely unique to us this place is not a wedding factory popping out cookie cutter weddings and thank God for that.Highly satisfied wedding couple here!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What a wonderful venue! Rustic, yet elegant. The wedding reception set up was amazing! Loved the white covers on the seats!
We had a weekend wedding and several people stayed in cabins. The "common area" of the cabins was smaller than expected but the bedrooms and bathrooms were very spacious.
We are parents of a bride and paid for the wedding. We were pleased with the cost and the way the "wedding planner" worked with us and with the bride and groom. She had their wishes in mind the whole weekend.
We had rehearsal on Friday night which Lynn (the wedding planner) handled well. Her instructions are concise and easy to follow... you can tell she has been doing this for several years! Our pizza and wings "dinner" was delicious and the kitchen kept them coming! Our cash bar for the evening was reasonably priced and the bar tenders were polite and caring.
The wedding ceremony went off with out a hitch, thanks to Lynn and the great staff. The entrance for the bride having an outside wedding was awesome! The ceremony had the lake as a back drop.
The reception was beyond compare... we had so many people tell us over the course of the evening, the next day and after how wonderful the wedding and reception were, that they had not been to a better wedding. The food was grand! Hot was hot and cold was cold. There was plenty of food and people even had seconds from the buffet. There was plenty of room for the 90 or so guests, and the dance floor was ample size. We even did the National Dance Day dance and had room to move!
I cannot say enough about the staff who took care of us, they were courteous, polite, caring and followed through on all our requests.
We had Metro Music (see review) as our DJ and he was also a great addition.
I wish I could post a review for Lynn, the wedding planner, she was over the top! She doted on the bride and groom and had their interest in mind over all else, yet she was helpful to everyone.

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
518-656-9242
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards