Dream Day Weddings - MI Wedding Officiants & Event Consulting

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Cheryl was absolutely fabulous in helping us create the perfect wedding ceremony for us! She met with Us On very short notice, got to know us, and created a very personal, meaningful and incredible wedding day for us. She genuinely wants you to have what YOU want and is ok with making plenty of changes to get it just where you feel it is perfect. Everyone commented as to what a great ceremony it was and how they loved that it was so personal and tailored to exactly us and our special situation. We were able to tell our story, celebrate our day with family and friends, and we had the most incredible ceremony thanks to Cheryl!

Services Used: Officiant

Cheryl was a fantastic officiant. She takes a lot of time to get to know you and she gives you a custom ceremony that is perfect. After the ceremony almost everyone stopped me to comment on how beautiful it was. She is easy to talk to and really takes the time make your special day even more special. I really love the ceremony book she includes with the price of the ceremony. It is such a fantastic keepsake from the best day of my life!

4.3

Cheryl was so great to work with and provided us with the one of a kind ceremony that was so personal and exactly what we wanted. She was so flexible and provided us with enough information and control throughout the whole process. We have received so many wonderful compliments that it was the best ceremony some guests had ever attended. Communication was often like pulling teeth, but in the end did not effect anything since we had a lot of time between booking and the wedding.

Thanks Cheryl for making everything easy and fun and providing us with a unique and wonderful ceremony that we will always cherish and remember.

Services Used: Officiant

Cheryl was great! She provided a beautiful ceremony, and was there to answer all our questions. The story of our love and our personalities shown through in her customized ceremony. Not only is she a great speaker and professional, but she is fun to work with! I would recommend her to my family and friends.

Services Used: Officiant

Cheryl was the best part of our wedding. When we got engaged, everyone kept on telling us to enjoy the process. I didn't really understand that, until I tried to plan an out of state wedding while doing a full home renovation. We weren't enjoying the process. It was stressful. I had no idea what vendors to call, how far they travelled for a Saugatuck wedding, what prices to expect, how far in advance to book, etc... And we were having a relatively small wedding. I thought I could do it myself. But there were more things that I wanted, than didn't want, so maybe I should reach out to someone. We reached out to Cheryl and she was prompt with her response. Even without meeting her, I liked her. My fiancé and I set up a meeting to meet with her and had a code for, "what if she is out of price range".

There was no hesitation during the meeting. We signed immediately. We needed her. We liked her. She knew her stuff. And already my stress level was going down and I started to enjoy the process.

We didn't make her life easy with crazy work schedules and trying to finish a renovation on the location of our reception, but she was the best and never got on our case. She made sure we got what we wanted, stayed within budget, and set us up with the right people, ordered me wine when I didn't know I needed it...

She was always prompt with responses and had great ideas and connections. When it was supposed to rain on the day of, she kept me calm. When it was supposed to be cold, she problem solved the heck out of the situation with heat lamps, etc...

I cried harder when I saw the backyard tent, than I did during my vows. She made it happen and made the whole thing enjoyable. And speaking of vows, she nailed our ceremony. Everyone came up to us and told us that was the sweetest most "us" ceremony.

For someone who thought a wedding coordinator is a waste of money, it's not. Trust me. Don't make your mom or sister do it, call Cheryl.

Services Used: Officiant, Wedding Planning
Angie & Joshua
1 Review
06/24/2014

In a word, FLAWLESS!!! From the time we first e-mailed Cheryl, not sure about when, where, why, how, she emailed us back the same night and we had a conversation with her the very next day. She threw out some ideas (which she is an expert in her field) and gave us dates and was willing to go anywhere in the state to accommodate us. We ended up going to Saugatuck to meet her and had a great time and realized we would love to do our wedding right there. She made recommendations to us for a photographer (Sam) whom we loved as well. They worked so well together and it made our day perfect, relaxing, and stress free. They were both so versatile and adapted to last minute changes without as much as a blink. We were comforted in the fact that our special day was being handled with such care and personal attention, that all we needed to do was literally show up and say our "I do's". We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Cheryl and her team to any couples or families who are looking for a peaceful and perfect ceremony.
Thank you again girls for making our day memorable.

Services Used: Officiant

Cheryl did a fantastic job officiating our wedding ceremony. My husband and I don't go to church regularly, and we live on the other side of the state from where we were married, so finding someone that we trusted to perform our ceremony was not an easy task. Cheryl gave us exactly what we wanted - a beautiful, simple ceremony with all the right personal touches. We had multiple people tell us it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever been to! Although we opted for the "standard" ceremony she does offer personalization of the wording and even accommodated a rock ceremony (all the guests make blessings on a river rock for the couple's happiness) that my husband and I wanted to include instead of a unity candle. Although we did not have Cheryl come to the rehearsal, she provided me with an excellent "do it yourself" guide that went through everything we needed to know for the big day. She is also very photo-conscious and asked what we would like her to wear, made suggestions for how to have the bridal party stand for best photos, and jumped out of the way as soon as she pronounced us so that she wouldn't be in the background of our first photos :) My photographer noted that she has done a couple weddings with Cheryl as officiant and she is always thinking of these things. Much appreciated and IF we had to get married again, we would definitely stick with Cheryl!

Services Used: Officiant

Cheryl did a great job and we could not be happier!

Services Used: Officiant

Rev. Barton was very professional. He added a good personal touch to the ceremony. He also has a very engaging personality by making everyone feel at ease. Some guests thought we had known him forever. We were very pleased with everything. The whole day was exceptional.

Services Used: Officiant

Dream Day Weddings helped us bring everything together! Cheryl was extraordinarily flexible. She was patient as we nailed down our plans and worked with us to include our children in a way that was very meaningful to us all. Our wedding was perfect!

Private User
2+ years ago

My husband and I were frantically searching for an officiant a week before our wedding and thanfully we found Cheryl! Cheryl was more than willing to help us and even helped calm my nerves :) She was so willing to prepare a beautiful ceremony with only a weeks notice and it was more than my husband and I could have asked for, it was as if she had known us since the beginning of our relationship. I had several guests comment on how lovely the ceremony was. I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect and I would strongly recommend Cheryl as an officiant! I know that if my husband and I renew our vows years down the road, we would not want anyone but Cheryl to perform them.

Services Used: Officiant

We knew the moment we met Cheryl that she was who we wanted to share our day. Her warmth and kindness made us feel so comfortable, and her knowledge and direction allowed us to also find the perfect photographer. Everything came together so easily, it was an absolutely perfect day!
Thank you Cheryl from the bottom of our hearts...this was our dream wedding!!!
Russ and Tammie Christian

Private User
2+ years ago

Cheryl was fabulous to work with! Once I found Dream Day Weddings online, I had a response in less than 24 hours upon initial contact. Her associate, David, was just as fabulous! Given a 2 week notice about the occasion of a surprise wedding for the family, I couldn't have been happier. Cheryl and David both picked up on the details and went with and came up with the best day my husband and I could ever ask for.

Services Used: Officiant

Cheryl was wonderful on our special day. She made sure everyone made it to the correct location and went out of her way to help make it a special day.

Services Used: Officiant

We would recommend Cheryl Hooten to anyone looking to make their Wedding Day wonderful. She was very sincere and catered to our every need. Despite the strong winds and rain drops she had us teary eyed and always SMILING! BOB & JUDY M.

Services Used: Officiant

Cheryl was exactly what we were looking for. She really helped to customize a ceremony that really tailored to "our story". Cheryl was very familiar with our venue which took a lot of pressure off of me as the bride and wedding planner. Most of our communication was done over e-mail which fit my needs due to my crazy work schedule. I would highly recommend Cheryl to anyone who doesn't want the typical cookie cutter ceremony!