doug mcgoldrick photography

Value
Flexibility
Amy
06/20/2014

I met Doug nine years ago when he did my sister’s wedding. The pictures that came from her wedding were stunning, and even though almost a decade had passed, when I got engaged I knew I wanted Doug to be the photographer for it.
Doug, my fiancé, and I first met up to do the engagement pictures in Chicago. Doug was open and flexible about meeting times and locations, and while I had a few ideas of where I wanted to do shots, Doug offered up his expertise, and the combination of locations made for beautiful engagement pictures. On that day Doug spent over three hours with us, talking, catching up, laughing and making sure we got all of the pictures we would want.
Our wedding day with Doug was even better. Leading up to the big day, Doug was easy going when schedules had to change.Throughout the day Doug made me feel at ease, and the pictures truly show that. In the bridal room he made sure to capture all the small details: the hanger with my new last name, the bride to be sign on the bed, the veil draped over the door, the intricate lace on my dress...everything.
When we headed over to the ceremony Doug did a great job coordinating the formal shots with a large wedding party, large families (46 people!), not a lot of time, and sweltering heat. He even sat with the bridal party in a stifling room before the ceremony and still managed to capture moments of laughter and nervousness as the celebration was about to begin. In addition to all that he even had a bridal kit with him in case of emergencies, such a professional!
Throughout the ceremony and reception though, Doug did what I love most about his style of photography. He captured people as they really were on that day. He spent the day finding people smiling, laughing, crying, talking, dancing and enjoying the celebration. That is what my husband and I wanted most out of our day, and we are so lucky to have had Doug as our photographer to capture those moments most dear to us.
I cannot recommend him enough!

1 Review
1+ year ago

Doug was a great photographer to work with. He got along well with the entire group, directed people into poses well, and had great ideas for photo locations. He did my sisters wedding a few months after mine, and is now shooting a friends wedding.

2+ years ago

we haven't gotten our photos back but I have no doubt they will be amazing. Doug is super cool and his assistant Vanessa was great. They were all over the place and the reception and I know they got some good shots, because when I lost my diamond bracelet given to me by my husband, Doug when through all of the photos he had taken to determine when it was last on my wrist so we knew just were to look! It was hard not to stop and ask to see all the photos while he was searching - they all looked so cool!

Services Used: Photography

Doug was the best! I was really nervous to be photographed but he was very calm, unobtrusive and was always smiling. He really put as at ease. I felt like he was one of the guests. He really added a great element of fun and ease to our wedding. I would definitely recommend him!

Services Used: Photography

Doug was fantastic!!! I would highly recommend him. He took fantastic shots that I think otherwise would have been lost. He did everything in a timely manner and was laid back. I really appreciated his laid back style and unmatched creativity.

Morgan
06/23/2007

Doug took beautiful pictures and was so much fun to work with! Highly recommended!

1 Review
Recently Married

Doug n his assistant provided wonderful group shots, arrival of guests, and ceremony in a very tight space since weather moved the outdoor ceremony into the nearby restaurant . They were very flexible and also provided some nice artistic shots of the tables, flowers, n overall setting in Lincoln Park.
He is has been very patient n flexible as we work on the permanent record in the firm of a wedding book.

Services Used: Photography

Doug has a fantastic eye for catching things others would never see. Look at his sight and you'll all in love with his work like we did. He's an artsy hipster who just really enjoys his job. The people he has working for him are great and really keep to his style of photography. I absolutely loved the pictures of our wedding...just make sure that you are concrete with who, where and when you want him snapping or he does his own thing.