donae cotton photography

donae cotton photography

sassy photography with a whimsical twist

14925 Afton Boulevard S
Afton, MN 55001 | map
Style: Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Digital Files, High Resolution Images, Print...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Donae is FABULOUS!!! I would highly recommend her to everyone who is tying the knot! Her value is so worth it! She takes your theme and puts it into action! I have never felt so beautiful in photos and my now husband loves the photos of himself as well!! Donae is VERY professional and such a fun woman to work with! Everyone in my family and wedding party loved her! We loved her! She is very flexible and such an AMAZING photographer! She worked with our difficult schedule the day of the wedding and made it so much fun! We love our wedding photos!!

• Wedding: 05/18/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Donae Cotton is the most amazing photographer I have ever had the pleasure to meet and work with. She is spunky, sassy and funny! Donae made it so easy for me, my new husband and our family and friends to be comfortable in front of the camera. She knows how stressful a wedding day can be and helped us relax with her humor. Donae was able to take creative, amazing pictures even though the lighting outside was not the best at times and she was able to take the most beautiful that night. Not only do I love Donae but my entire family fell in love with her as well. Her photo booth brought the fun side out of many of our guests and made for some classic pictures. We really appreciated being able to see pictures from the wedding as early as the very next day! We look forward to working with Donae in the future and recommend her services to everyone looking for a photographer.

• Wedding: 05/29/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was lucky enough to have Donae Cotton as my photographer for my wedding just 3 weeks ago! Donae and her assistant showed up almost 45 mins early so she was able to scope out the best places for pictures and were able to start on time. Donae made myself, my husband and our entire wedding party feel very comfortable during the million photos we took that day, and we actually had fun doing it! She also is willing to do ANYTHING to get the perfect shot! On the day of my wedding it was cold and windy and rained a little but I really wanted to get some outside pictures with my wedding party so we went out to the local park and in order to get an awesome picture Donae actually rolled up her pants and walked into the freezing water! She is absolutely fantastic and very dedicated! I also got a sneak peek of some of my wedding pictures just 2 days after my wedding! Everyone that attended my wedding was impressed with her and her talent! Thanks again Donae!!

• Wedding: 05/14/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Donae Cotton is an amazing photographer! We had a winter wonderland wedding in Duluth in December (yes, the day of the major blizzard in MPLS) and Donae did an amazing job of capturing the whole day for us. I would recommend Donae to anyone looking for a photographer! From the start, Donae was so easy to work with. We had a great time with our engagement shoot around the Stone Arch Bridge area. Donae made us feel comfortable right away and spent so much time with us to get so many fun shots. I absolutely love our engagement pictures! But I love the wedding ones even more!!! Donae spent so much time getting to know us and what we were planning for our big day. Her and her awesome assistant Jenn Kelly even came dressed in our wedding colors. It was perfect! LOVED the tiffany blue ties and sparkly headbands We had so much fun with the pictures before the ceremony. They thought of such fun ways to capture the day. I never imagined the formal church pictures to be some of my favorites! There are even some pictures that they took that I didn’t even know they were taking. They truly captured the excitement of the whole entire day! I could go on and on about how amazing Donae Cotton is. It has been 3 months since my wedding day…and I still look through our pictures all the time. She is a very talented photographer and such a fun person to be around. Thank you for everything Donae!
Allison and Brett

• Wedding: 12/11/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

You were great Donae. With you positive attitude towards my wedding it made me feel so much more excited just talking to you! Keep your sincere attitude and interest in photography and weddings as you grow in your business. That is what sold us! When talking/looking at other photographers it really felt like a "business" and I was the "customer". You made the experience feel personal and special. Also, your flexibilty in cost, sites, packages, everything is something that no one else offers. I am recomending you to anyone I know who is getting married!

donae cotton photography responded with the following comments:

ahhh...thanks so much erica. i really appreciate it!

• Wedding: 10/10/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Donae is seriously a ray of sunshine! She makes everyone feel comfortable in sometimes awkward situations. We laughed so much together. She has the ability to see things other definitley do not; which is why her photos turn out so well. She is an artist. I never want to lose touch with her because she is such a beautiful person inside and out. She will be my friend for life!

donae cotton photography responded with the following comments:

thanks gina!!! you and aaron were awesome to work with! your wedding was a ton of fun and i enjoyed admiring how much your wedding guests ADORED you! the memory of your grandmother on the dance floor will forever be with me and be one of my top 5 moments shooting a wedding. she's a doll! all the best for your marriage and let's get together for some tea soon! donae

• Wedding: 10/03/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Donae's photography is truly one of a kind. She's a great person to work with and that shows in her pictures. Her photographs aren't just pictures of our day, somehow she was able to capture the emotions that my husband and I were feeling throughout the wedding and reception. She's reasonably priced, but she doesn't really have to be because what she created for us is priceless. Book her today!

• Wedding: 09/20/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Donae is great to work with. Very down to earth and very motivated to get good pictures. She provides you with hundreds of photos to look through so you're guaranteed to have a lot of wonderful photos. She was very organized yet open to our own suggestions of things we wanted for our wedding day.

donae cotton photography responded with the following comments:

thank you for your review rachel! appreciate it! your church venue was spectacular and your wedding party a ton of fun! stay in touch and regards to hank! donae

• Wedding: 08/14/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I spent hours and hours searching the web for the right photographer. It seemed as though most photographers were either really good, or really bad and the really good ones were outrageously expensive. However, this wasn't the case with Donae Cotton Photography. Donae's photos are high end, but her prices are very reasonable. She is a professional all the way, but also very personable. A true joy to be around.
Another bonus is that she releases the photos immediately so that you can print as many as you like without having to pay extra. She is also very fast when it comes to editing the photos. We got married on a Saturday and by Sunday she had sent us a sneek peek of some of the images. Within 2 weeks we had all of our photos.
Did I mention the photos are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I've recieved many compliments on her work. She gave us a wonderful mixture of creative shots and traditional shots. Only downside is that it is so hard to choose which ones to get framed because there is so many to choose from:)
Bottom Line: Hire her. She's awesome and you won't regret it. It was the best decision we made throughout our whole wedding planning process.

donae cotton photography responded with the following comments:

wow bailey! what a wonderful review! thanks so much!! some of the great memories i have of yours and matt's wedding day was the house in the country, where we took your bridal portraits and the look on matt's face when you stepped out of that really cool car. it was a moment!! your wedding was beautiful and it was great meeting your friends and family! take care! donae
ps: your dvd is in the mail - i think i forgot to include it with your photos i printed for you.

• Wedding: 07/18/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wonderful photographer, would recommend her to anyone

thanks candice!!

• Wedding: 06/21/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Donae was amazing and did a wonderful job. We had a great time with her and were so happy that we decided to go with her. I recommend her as an amazing photographer and she has a great personality to make the pictures so fun.

Thanks so much Donae.

Thanks Jessica & Tyler,
It was a DELIGHT to be part of your special day.
All the very best for your new lives as husband and wife!

Take care!
Donae

• Wedding: 05/30/2009
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

She is an awesome photographer. She is very friendly, makes you comfortable around the camera, and gets into your heart for the rest of your life. My in-laws are a pretty big family and they said she is the best they had ever seen. If you look at other photographers you are just going to miss out on Donae's beautiful work! The cost is VERY reasonable! :)

donae cotton photography responded with the following comments:

hi jenna! thanks for your review!! appreciate it! love to the family!

• Wedding: 10/25/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were incredibly pleased with Donae's photography! She has a 'take-charge' attitude, but also has a wonderful way of connecting with the guests. She spent time with us before the wedding, planning & prepping. She wanted to get to know us, and I think that helped ease our minds! We knew she'd handle things, and when we got the photos back, we were so happy. Her style is sort of 'photojournalistic', she captured some of the best moments. Overall, she was wonderful!

donae cotton photography responded with the following comments:

thanks for the review heather! great spending they day with you and your friends and family. also good to be in contact with you via facebook! stay in touch! donae

• Wedding: 10/18/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

very easy to work with,her prices are reasonable also.

donae cotton photography responded with the following comments:

thanks elsie! hope you and david are well! congrats on the birth of your beautiful son! give me a call when you are back in minnesota, so we can get together for some baby portraits. donae

• Wedding: 08/30/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Donae is very personable, and her talent for photography is incomparable! Our wedding pictures were fantastic, so we knew the pictures she took of our newborn daughter would be too... and she did not fail!! We are lucky to have found Donae!

• Wedding: 09/29/2007
651-436-3331
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards