DJ Fitz Otis

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Amazing job! Can't get any better than Fitz Otis! Very professional and take his work seriously.

Lindsay
01/03/2015

My now husband and I hired Fitz upon booking a venue that was a tad too small to host a band with the size of our guest list. I was never one of the girls that felt strongly either way, band or DJ, but was definitely worried that I'd have trouble finding a DJ in Sarasota that would set the party tone for our wedding without making it feel like a glorified Bar Mitzvah.

A friend of a friend referred Fitz to us. Fitz met with my then fiance and I in New York where we live and he happened to be for a trip - he was immediately personable and really just wanted to get to know us as a couple before we put down a deposit. After about a half hour, we knew it was a fit, and continued correspondence via email until we arrived in town for our wedding.

Throughout the entire process, Fitz was so quick to respond to any of my frantic emails of questions and went above and beyond to help me think through things. The week before our wedding, we met Fitz in his home to go over last minute details and hash out some final decisions - I felt entirely comfortable going into our actual wedding day.

Besides one playlist I compiled for pre-ceremony, we left everything else up to him and just let him know what type of music and what vibe we were looking for. He picked up on songs people liked and played more like it, and even repeated the crowd favorites for round 2. After the wedding, we had so many guests compliment us on our DJ, ask for the playlist, and say they had never been to a DJ wedding that was so well done. Our dance floor was packed the entire night - which is all we wanted going into our wedding reception.

I would highly, highly recommend Fitz to anyone in the Sarasota/Tampa Bay area looking for a DJ to get the party started and keep it going. He was professional, personable, and a great vendor to work with as a bride to be.

Services Used: DJ

Fitz was great!!!! He had all my music planned out and even picked some of his own that made the wedding flow perfectly. He was amazing. On time, professional, and my music was perfectly coordinated. He was there early and ready to go and didn't stop playing/announcing until I told him we were wrapping it up. He played music that was appropriate for all ages but still got everyone dancing!

Julie
12/11/2014

I am not great at writing these but I believe Fitz should get the recognition he deserves. Fitz is UNBELIEVABLE. We are out of state from where we got married and he worked with us via Skype to ensure he was providing us with everything we wanted. We had quite a few songs requested and he made sure he played everyone one of them. He also played the music for our ceremony and made wonderful suggestions on sections of the music to use. From the first time we talked, I trusted him completely and when it came to things like music playing while people gathering for ceremony, I left it up to him and his choices. He is a great MC. We worked the timeline of events and he was great at keeping the flow of the wedding moving. Outstanding, professional DJ! We could not have had anyone better!

Services Used: DJ

Hands down, Fitz is the absolute best DJ - it's so hard to make everyone happy with the music selection at a wedding but that is exactly what he did! Not only did he have the dance floor packed, he also helped coordinate and organize the entrances, speeches, cake cutting, etc. He is extremely responsive and professional. If you are planning a wedding in the Bradenton/Sarasota, Florida area, make sure that you contact Fitz! He will make your special day that much more perfect! Thank you, Fitz, for everything!

Recently Married

Fitz was wonderful! So professional and stuck to his word! He was very helpful with choosing songs and keeping the party going! I really think he made our wedding as great as it was!! No one was sitting!! Everyone was up dancing to his music!! I highly recommend him!! Very affordable and worth every single cent!!! Fitz you are THE BEST!!!

Services Used: DJ

I can't say enough good things about Fitz! He kept the party going and played all the music we asked for! So many people were impressed with the music selection which was one thing we REALLY cared about :). He was so easy to work with and very helpful when it came to selections for our ceremony. Although I was not 100% feeling well that day, the dancing and fun I had made all that go away! I would absolutely recommend him! Megan B. 11-7-14 wedding

11/01/2014

It's rare to find value that matches quality, but we found both in DJ Fitz Otis.

Fitz is the best. Period. Look no further.

Services Used: DJ

After leaving our meeting with Fitz I turned to my fiance (now husband) and said, "He knows his sh*t." I felt a complete sense of relief that he knew how the reception timeline needed to go and would make it a killer party...which it was! Everyone that we spoke to during and after the wedding told us that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. He knows how to take the temperature of the crowd and keep people on the dance floor. Thank you Fitz!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Fitz is seriously the best!! I thought I would be a bride who wanted to have complete control of the music, but I am sooooo glad we let Fitz do his thing. Before the wedding my husband and I spoke with Fitz over the phone and went over the biggie song selections for the evening and the order of events (first dance, cake cutting, toasts, etc). We sent Fitz over a list of a few songs/artists we liked and he created an unforgettable evening of fun from there! I also didn't have to worry about when to do what because he was so great at transitioning and played such appropriate songs for each part of the evening. Not only did our guests rave about the music, but almost everyone was up dancing!! I do have to give an extra special thank you to Fitz because I didn't have any "Do Not Play" songs down but I heard through the grapevine someone requested the YMCA and he spared us all, seriously appreciated that!! :) Look no further than Fitz-he's talented, fun, professional and just an enjoyable person to work with!! Our reception would not have been the same without Fitz, he definitely helped bring the fun out of everyone!!!

Services Used: DJ

I cannot say enough great things about DJ Fitz. While planning my destination wedding, he was available to talk via Skype, able to meet with me during my two visits to FL (one visit being during the week of Thanksgiving) and emailed back almost immediately. He was extremely professional, played great music (listened to my requests), had an amazing set-up and the guests absolutely loved him. He truly knew what music to play to get everyone up and dancing! I would absolutely recommend DJ Fitz!

Services Used: DJ

I was planning my wedding from 1500 miles away and I did a TON of research on vendors. Fitz worked for a company that was recommended to me, but I wanted Fitz specifically. Best decision ever! Fitz and I skyped several times over the course of a year, he made a point to get to know me and my husband, learn our style and the type of music we liked and what we didn't. I was pretty clueless when it came to the order of things but Fitz told me "don't worry" and he took care of scheduling the entire night. Every single song he played was gold! I didn't have requests but his picks were so right on with our style that people thought we hand picked every song! His transitions were perfect, the order was perfect, everything was fantastic! People were dancing ALL NIGHT (even some family members who I was sure were going to leave early!) When he saw that there were small children in attendance he only played censored music without me even asking which was perfect. We got the best of everything with Fitz! If you hire him you won't be sorry. People are still telling me what an awesome DJ we had!

Services Used: DJ

Fitz was an amazing DJ! He listened to all our requests and made suggestions! All our guests loved Fitz. He made our day extra special. You should absolutely use him!

Services Used: DJ

Fitz was an absolute pleasure to work with. He made our event flow seamlessly, coordinated my family which is not easy task let me tell you. lol He listened to our music requests and did everything the way we imagined. When we didn't have a selection, he helped us come up with the perfect music and he even took requests from the people attending. He announced everything with elegance and flair, and his wonderful, friendly personality shined through every moment. We were more than pleased with his work, we loved it. I would recommend him to all my friends and family. Thank you very much Fitz, you are great! 5 star all the way!

Lindsay
06/22/2014

Fitz was one of the first vendors we booked for our June wedding in Sarasota, Florida, and we couldn't have been happier. He came recommended to us by numerous sources, including several of our other vendors and some friends who had also worked with him. Fitz did the PA hook-up for our outdoor, bayside ceremony, DJed the reception, and also provided uplighting for the reception.

Fitz was A+++ on all levels: he was quick to respond to e-mails, he was incredibly easy to talk to, and no request was too difficult. I didn't have to worry about Fitz at all day of the ceremony, and everything went so smoothly that I barely even spoke to him. A friend of mine who does a lot of work in the music industry commented to me on how perfect the tech went during the ceremony--so much can go wrong then, from feeds not working properly to wind feedback being caught on the mics, and there was *none* of that in our ceremony. Fitz was incredibly attentive to all our music requests (and non-requests), and he kept the dancing going and played everything we wanted. The music was varied, fun, and there was something for everyone throughout the night. People even danced during the dinner service! While it is a good thing that I didn't talk much with Fitz throughout the night--there was no need because he was doing such a great job!--it is also a bit of a shame, because Fitz is incredibly fun and easy to talk to. I'll miss working with him!

Fitz is incredible--book him for your event, it will be one of the best decisions you make!

Jessica
06/14/2014

Having been to many different events with several different DJs there is a difference! Fitz really knows how to run an event and get everyone involved and having a good time!