DJ Fitz Otis

DJ Fitz Otis

Great Music, Great Events, No Cheese

4411 Diamond Circle N
Sarasota, FL 34233 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hands down, Fitz is the absolute best DJ - it's so hard to make everyone happy with the music selection at a wedding but that is exactly what he did! Not only did he have the dance floor packed, he also helped coordinate and organize the entrances, speeches, cake cutting, etc. He is extremely responsive and professional. If you are planning a wedding in the Bradenton/Sarasota, Florida area, make sure that you contact Fitz! He will make your special day that much more perfect! Thank you, Fitz, for everything!

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fitz was wonderful! So professional and stuck to his word! He was very helpful with choosing songs and keeping the party going! I really think he made our wedding as great as it was!! No one was sitting!! Everyone was up dancing to his music!! I highly recommend him!! Very affordable and worth every single cent!!! Fitz you are THE BEST!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough good things about Fitz! He kept the party going and played all the music we asked for! So many people were impressed with the music selection which was one thing we REALLY cared about :). He was so easy to work with and very helpful when it came to selections for our ceremony. Although I was not 100% feeling well that day, the dancing and fun I had made all that go away! I would absolutely recommend him! Megan B. 11-7-14 wedding

• Wedding: 11/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It's rare to find value that matches quality, but we found both in DJ Fitz Otis.

Fitz is the best. Period. Look no further.

• Flexibility: 5.0

After leaving our meeting with Fitz I turned to my fiance (now husband) and said, "He knows his sh*t." I felt a complete sense of relief that he knew how the reception timeline needed to go and would make it a killer party...which it was! Everyone that we spoke to during and after the wedding told us that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. He knows how to take the temperature of the crowd and keep people on the dance floor. Thank you Fitz!

• Wedding: 10/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Fitz is seriously the best!! I thought I would be a bride who wanted to have complete control of the music, but I am sooooo glad we let Fitz do his thing. Before the wedding my husband and I spoke with Fitz over the phone and went over the biggie song selections for the evening and the order of events (first dance, cake cutting, toasts, etc). We sent Fitz over a list of a few songs/artists we liked and he created an unforgettable evening of fun from there!
I also didn't have to worry about when to do what because he was so great at transitioning and played such appropriate songs for each part of the evening. Not only did our guests rave about the music, but almost everyone was up dancing!! I do have to give an extra special thank you to Fitz because I didn't have any "Do Not Play" songs down but I heard through the grapevine someone requested the YMCA and he spared us all, seriously appreciated that!! :)
Look no further than Fitz-he's talented, fun, professional and just an enjoyable person to work with!! Our reception would not have been the same without Fitz, he definitely helped bring the fun out of everyone!!!

• Wedding: 10/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough great things about DJ Fitz. While planning my destination wedding, he was available to talk via Skype, able to meet with me during my two visits to FL (one visit being during the week of Thanksgiving) and emailed back almost immediately. He was extremely professional, played great music (listened to my requests), had an amazing set-up and the guests absolutely loved him. He truly knew what music to play to get everyone up and dancing! I would absolutely recommend DJ Fitz!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was planning my wedding from 1500 miles away and I did a TON of research on vendors. Fitz worked for a company that was recommended to me, but I wanted Fitz specifically. Best decision ever! Fitz and I skyped several times over the course of a year, he made a point to get to know me and my husband, learn our style and the type of music we liked and what we didn't. I was pretty clueless when it came to the order of things but Fitz told me "don't worry" and he took care of scheduling the entire night. Every single song he played was gold! I didn't have requests but his picks were so right on with our style that people thought we hand picked every song! His transitions were perfect, the order was perfect, everything was fantastic! People were dancing ALL NIGHT (even some family members who I was sure were going to leave early!) When he saw that there were small children in attendance he only played censored music without me even asking which was perfect. We got the best of everything with Fitz! If you hire him you won't be sorry. People are still telling me what an awesome DJ we had!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fitz was an amazing DJ! He listened to all our requests and made suggestions! All our guests loved Fitz. He made our day extra special. You should absolutely use him!

• Wedding: 06/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fitz was an absolute pleasure to work with. He made our event flow seamlessly, coordinated my family which is not easy task let me tell you. lol He listened to our music requests and did everything the way we imagined. When we didn't have a selection, he helped us come up with the perfect music and he even took requests from the people attending. He announced everything with elegance and flair, and his wonderful, friendly personality shined through every moment. We were more than pleased with his work, we loved it. I would recommend him to all my friends and family. Thank you very much Fitz, you are great! 5 star all the way!

• Wedding: 06/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fitz was one of the first vendors we booked for our June wedding in Sarasota, Florida, and we couldn't have been happier. He came recommended to us by numerous sources, including several of our other vendors and some friends who had also worked with him. Fitz did the PA hook-up for our outdoor, bayside ceremony, DJed the reception, and also provided uplighting for the reception.

Fitz was A+++ on all levels: he was quick to respond to e-mails, he was incredibly easy to talk to, and no request was too difficult. I didn't have to worry about Fitz at all day of the ceremony, and everything went so smoothly that I barely even spoke to him. A friend of mine who does a lot of work in the music industry commented to me on how perfect the tech went during the ceremony--so much can go wrong then, from feeds not working properly to wind feedback being caught on the mics, and there was *none* of that in our ceremony. Fitz was incredibly attentive to all our music requests (and non-requests), and he kept the dancing going and played everything we wanted. The music was varied, fun, and there was something for everyone throughout the night. People even danced during the dinner service! While it is a good thing that I didn't talk much with Fitz throughout the night--there was no need because he was doing such a great job!--it is also a bit of a shame, because Fitz is incredibly fun and easy to talk to. I'll miss working with him!

Fitz is incredible--book him for your event, it will be one of the best decisions you make!

• Wedding: 06/22/2014
Lindsay
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having been to many different events with several different DJs there is a difference! Fitz really knows how to run an event and get everyone involved and having a good time!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
Jessica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fitz is an exceptional DJ. After we decided on our venue, the DJ was our very first planning decision my husband and I made. It was so very important to us that the DJ rocked the house, and Fitz really delivered. He kept the party going and played the songs that made sure our dance floor was packed the entire evening. I loved the energy of our wedding and know our guests has a great time! There was no request too small for Fitz, he has such a vast collection of music and having him as our emcee for the ceremony and reception kept the entire event flowing perfectly. We are so grateful to have scored Fitz as our DJ!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014

He is a great DJ!
We had only a few minutes to discuss over the phone, but he played music in exact timing I want.
Also he fit his talking to my English skill so I was able to clearly understand what he said.
I recommend him to everyone who is looking for a DJ.
I am very glad to work with him.

• Wedding: 06/04/2014
Yu
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fitz is great! We used him as our DJ in addition to a band. I loved that he spent so much time discussing timing/details with us over the phone prior to the wedding. I really appreciated his professionalism! His music selection was wonderful and he kept everyone dancing throughout the evening. We were hesitant to hire a DJ after experiencing a few at other weddings that we didn't like, but Fitz broke all of the bad DJ stereotypes. We highly recommend using him for your wedding!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fitz Otis was perfection at my daughter's wedding! From the moment of first contact, he was responsive, accommodating, and flexible. Since we were planning her wedding long-distance, this was a real benefit. The bride and groom were looking for someone who was classy and could be low-key while managing the flow of the event. They met with Fitz, who determined their tastes and their vision, their likes and dislikes. He helped them contract musicians for the ceremony. He then produced the perfect playlist for dinner and dancing. And dance we did! The songs kept folks on the dance floor from the first "Family and Friends" dance till the "Bride and Groom's Last Dance". The term "disc jockey" is inadequate to describe what Fitz does. He was precisely the right person to direct, host and manage the music at what some of our guests have described as the "most elegant, romantic and fun wedding" they've been to.

941-780-0524
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards