DJ Ben Christiansen (DJ ROYALE)

DJ Ben Christiansen (DJ ROYALE)

Portland, OR 97219 | map
Genres: 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Classic Rock, Dance, Funk, Hip H...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ben did a fantastic job DJing our wedding. I'm definitely using Ben again for the next big event I host! He really listened to what we wanted and was very helpful keeping us on track during the wedding. The dance floor was never empty and we all had so much fun. My little brother, who is not a dancer, didn't want to leave the dance floor! We even had a Conga line going at one point. We had such a great experience working with Ben.

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ben was AWESOME to work with for this event! He was very professional and responsive, not to mention the awesome music! He really can get a crowd going for any event and always has awesome energy! Highly recommend Ben for any type of gathering!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
Codi
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Royale was the perfect vendor for our wedding. Easy to get in contact with, quick to adjust details and most importantly he threw one hell of a dance party. During the planning process, he was super adaptable to our needs (music at ceremony site and reception) and provided us with a killer playlist for background music that was just what we imagined. Prior to the wedding, he told me that he would have every single person on their feet and dancing at the reception. I kid you not, there was a point were 95% of the guests were dancing their tails off. We had the best time and could have danced for hours longer if we didn't need to be out of the venue. You get what you pay for. If you want a quality DJ that listens to what you want/need/don't want and you want to seriously dance, DJ Royale is your guy.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This guy is magic. Highly recommend.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ben is hands-down THE BEST DJ you could ask for! He truly made our wedding day amazing, and it just wouldn't have been the same without him there. From stepping up in key moments to keeping the dance floor going all night, he was AMAZING!

We had a hiccup with the slideshow my father-in-law was playing (not Ben's fault it was my father-in-laws computer) and the music kept skipping even though the video kept playing. Without even having to ask him, Ben jumped in and turned off the music on the slideshow and played the exact same music over his system. He even faded the music in and out during the transitions perfectly. He's prepared for every little thing that could happen and knows exactly what to do. Like I said, Ben is AMAZING.

He was so accommodating as well. We had originally planned to have him set up at the farmhouse and we'd dance up there. However after he had already set everything up we asked him if he could move his equipment down to another location at the venue. He just said "what ever you guys want I'll make it happen". He had a great attitude about it as well and didn't push back at all.

For the actual dance portion (our favorite), he kept the dance floor packed all night. Just when people would try to leave to go get a drink, he would play the perfect song to get them to turn around and go right back to dancing. We had a few specific requests for songs/moments during the dance and he played them at the perfect time and made it amazing.

Lastly, Ben has an amazing personality; is easy to get along with; and my friends and family loved him. You want a DJ that will make the day about you & your bride not themselves, and that is exactly how Ben was. Like I said, he was amazing and I truly couldn't have asked for a better DJ for the wedding. If you're looking for a DJ for your wedding, event, or party and don't use DJ Ben Christiansen (DJ ROYALE) you're an idiot. Book him now!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Drew
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Benny is awesome! It all started when Benny DJ'd a few events I was at, including a wedding, I knew he'd be perfect for our day.

When I first contacted him he told me exactly how the process worked - very straight forward. He also asked me questions about our event I never had even thought about - I thought "he's clearly done this before." I booked him immediately for our reception, but had other ideas for our ceremony.

When our ceremony musician fell through I contacted him and asked if he'd be willing to control the music for the reception - he said of course. We also had an hour or so for cocktail hour while we did pictures, we had a playlist set that just needed to be monitored for any glitches, he also gladly took on that job - which was a HUGE stress reliever.

A week or so before he sent us a worksheet that essentially served as a timeline for him, when to start music for dinner, when to announce bride and groom, cake cutting, speeches, do not play songs, definitely play songs, etc. - very organized!

The day of: Ben showed up the day if very prepared and was set up with plenty of time to go before go time. The ceremony instructions were followed exactly and everything went smoothly the whole night. He picked awesome music and we had an epic dance party. I felt that the music he picked was geared toward everyones likes and all sorts of people were dancing that night.

Overall he was super easy to work with and everything went smooth the day of, he was organized, prepared, and professional, and he has a great personality - perfect for being an entertainer!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Jandra
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Benny is a great DJ had great suggestions with helping me pick out my wedding songs, had a wonderful night dancing.

• Wedding: 08/29/2014
Lauren
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can I say!? Benny was amazing throughout this whole process. As wedding planning can be high stress, he made the DJ/music part of it a breeze. He was took direction well, was flexible, professional and laid back! From last minute song changes to ordering dance lights the night before, it was flawless. Benny made it happen! My husband and I only requested one thing, that the dance floor was packed and people were unable to leave because each song kept on bringing them back. He not only packed the dance floor, but people were coming up to us afterwards and saying it was the best dance party they ever had and that Benny was "Killing it!" If you have any event, I hope you make the right choice and hire on Benny! He won't stray you wrong! Seriously made our wedding a night to remember!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
Jessica

We loved having Benny as our DJ! He was great with communicating on the days
leading up to our wedding and asked all the right questions to make sure
everything went smoothly and there were no surprises. I especially liked that he
made a playlist for us on Spotify with all of the songs for the ceremony to
ensure we had the right versions and allowed me to make last minute changes without stress. The ceremony music was flawless and he made sure everyone was up and dancing during
the entire reception!
Thank you Benny for DJing my wedding and your part in making it the best day of
my life!!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ben made this event amazing. He was exactly what I was looking for with a DJ. He kept the party going and the dance floor packed. We met prior to the event and he provided a ton of options for songs whether it be a first dance or getting the party started with the grand entrance into the reception. You can't go wrong having Ben as your DJ, my wedding was such a blast and I knew I would have nothing to worry about with Ben behind the DJ booth!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ben kept the party going all night long! Our wedding was a 3 day event in a remote location, and his expertise in setup, acoustics, and music selection was the best I have ever experienced. Professional MC skills and and the perfect mix of current and tasteful music made for an event that everyone loved. You will not be disappointed with Ben's services!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Max
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ben was a great DJ. From before the wedding and going through the songs to understanding the type of experience we wanted for our guests.

I highly recommend Ben as his services were professional, and everyone walked away commenting on how good the reception was.

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
Steven
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got married in SE Portland at Lakeside Gardens. We selected DJ Royale to provide our music at our wedding because we heard such great things from friends. He was very helpful and experienced when meeting prior and during the wedding. We selected all the music that we wanted him to play and he created exactly the atmosphere we were looking for on our special day. DJ Royale also was very attuned to other parts of the event such as when people were giving speeches or making announcements. We would definitely recommend DJ Royale to couples getting married in Portland and surrounding areas. If you are looking to have the most beautiful ceremony and lively reception choose DJ Royale to make your day rememberable!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Cindy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This DJ did an awesome job of playing all the songs we requested. Though the songs that were special to us ranged across all different genres -- dance, country, rock, crooners -- he blended them seamlessly and kept the dancing going all night. Everyone was having a great time: our friends, family, grandparents, kids, there was stuff for everyone. There wasn't a song that played where people weren't out on the dance floor. We received so many compliments on DJing. Awesome job! Would highly recommend if you want to see everyone having a great time.

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
T
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Royale made our wedding reception awesome!!! The dance floor was never empty, the music was seamless, catchy, and danceable - he was very receptive to our suggestions for songs and really good with responding to questions/e-mails etc. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone I know needing a DJ - he rocks!!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Celia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Ben did a fantastic job creating a fun atmosphere and dance party for everyone. My husband and I had a blast and felt like we really just got to sit back and enjoy the evening because Benny was doing such a great job running the show, without being overbearing. He really helped the entire night run smoothly, and did a great job transitioning from the ceremony to the events throughout the reception. Ben got everyone on the dance floor without any of the cheesy songs that you hear at most weddings. We could not have asked for a more perfect night and owe a lot of that to Benny's ability to read the group, direct events throughout the night, and DJ expertise.

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
Aly
971-221-4896
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards