DestinationWeddings.com

(4.1 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:

To All,

My bride and I dealt with an organizer/photographer named David who was patient with us getting back to him late in the previous day to confirm our plans and location. It was the 4th of July and Vegas was a madhouse, but he and Reverend Mark hurried through the throng to coordinate our ceremony which was, of all places, in front of the fountains at the Bellagio. David took tons of pictures as well as helping us pose correctly and when it came time for Reverend Mark to perform the ceremony, Elvis Presley's Viva Las Vegas came over the sound system. The Reverend resembles Elvis very closely (and I suspect was, or is, a part time impersonator) and when the song came on, he jumped right in and got us and the crowd singing along with him. We wanted a fun wedding and these professionals stepped up and worked hard to make it a fantastic, hilariously fun, and memorable. What a tribute to the concept of the fun Vegas wedding experience. My wife and I highly recommend Destination Weddings if you are looking for this type of spontaneity. Kudos to David and Mark - we will never forget it!

Mark & Tracy Armstrong
Bozeman, MT

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
Services Used: Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are planning a destination wedding, then you will need the services of a professional wedding planner such as DestinationWeddings.com. I started working with Cathy Westereng and DestinationWeddings.com over a year before our wedding on June 6, 2014 at Azul Sensatori Resort outside of Cancun, Mexico. When I contacted DWC last March, they assigned Cathy as my Planner. After several initial emails and conversations, Cathy recommended and arranged for site inspections in May 2013 at 4 resorts in Riviera Maya, Mexico. She listened and took our needs in consideration with her selections for us.

After our May 2013 vacation and site visits, we decided on Azul Sensatori. Cathy's experience with planning her daughter's wedding at Azul Sensatori made us comfortable that she would be able to provide detailed insight into the workings of Azul Sensatori and the Karisma Hotel chain. During the next year, Cathy worked with us to negotiate a reduced room rate contract with Karisma for our guests, selection of DJ, flowers, decorations and all of the hundreds of details needed to plan a long distance wedding.

Cathy's advice and support saved us time, money and much frustration while planning our wedding. One of the benefits of DestinationWeddings.com is that several of our guests were able to take advantage of the monthly payment option which helped make the travel costs more manageable for them. When it was time for final payments, Cathy worked with them to ensure everyone met the deadline. Everyone who worked with Cathy commented on her efficiency and professionalism.
During the year, we worked together Cathy was alway available to answer the silliest of questions quickly and with good humor. She was extremely helpful in understanding and working with Karisma Hotel's wedding coordinators in Miami who document the choices of food, beverages, DJ, flowers and decorations.

I strongly recommend Cathy Westereng and DestinationWeddings.com.

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had just moved out-of-state right before we got engaged so we had no idea what we wanted to do in terms of where our wedding would be. Both of our parents live in Virginia and we were down in Florida. Our friends and relatives are located all over the U.S. (and some even outside the U.S.!) so we knew it would be hard to find a common place for everyone from the beginning. We searched a little bit for venues back home in Virginia but decided it would be too much to travel back and forth for planning and we didn’t want all the work to fall on our parents. We were new to Florida and not familiar with the area- so a destination wedding it was! From the very start, I was blown away on how easy and stress-free the entire process was. Our Wedding Specialist was so knowledgeable with different locations and wedding packages and she answered every question that I had and more. We had never been to Mexico before so we were obviously weary about doing this, but every single thing went above and beyond our expectations. From the resort itself, the staff, food, etc. everything was perfect and we would not have been able to do it without Destination Weddings. They took care of everything (planning, travel, guest lists) and even sent out our save the dates for us! We would have never been able to plan a destination wedding on our own. My husband and I talk almost every week on how we want to go back for an anniversary trip and we can’t wait to work with Destination Weddings again to help us plan it!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I did not originally want to have a honeymoon because at the time he had just started up a business, so we both wanted him to focus on that. But after much thinking, we decided we needed a break as well. My sister recommended Destination Wedding.com, which I'm so glad we did. I researched and liked what I saw, so I called them. They made the process so much easier. They had many destinations to chose from, we went with a simple Hawaii honeymoon, nothing too fancy. We got to chose different excursions and planned many things. We were there for a week and had the best time of our lives, all thanks to Destination Wedding, they made everything that much easier.

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hi! my now husband and I just got married at the El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya Mexico. We have never been out of the country and used this as our opportunity to do something amazing! A friend of ours referred us to Janice Sullinger, an agent of destination weddings.com. they recently got married in punta cana. She was everything they described! she kept us on our budget and answered every question honestly and happily! We had about 20 people including ourselves and almost none of them had gone on a trip like this either, and now we ALL can't wait to go back! Janice kept everyone on track and organized, and let me tell you, with my group of friends thats amazing!! I could never have done that myself. My groom and I did think we would buy our own flight because we thought we found 1 cheaper flight than what janice had shown us. well that bit us in the rear because that flight was our flight to come home and it got cancelled. we were then checked out of our hotel with nowhere to go and sketchy advice from the workers at the cancun airport. we got a scary cab ride back to our resort, thank God we survived, and the staff was amazing!! they remembered us and took us in so we wouldn't have to sleep at the airport ( and didn't charge us an arm and a leg) brought us chocolate covered strawberries to make us feel better and made sure we were happy and stress free! Janice got word that we were having trouble, and even though we brought it on ourselves she came to our rescue with e-mails and phone calls and made sure we had a decent flight and SAFE ride back to the airport on time the next morning! Janice and the resort truly saved us. All the other tourist on our flight had to sleep in sketchy, crappy close motels or on the floor of the airport…not us! :) Janice had Lomas travel representatives with us in person every step of the way! She always stayed late at work to make sure myself and guests were taken care of and had the right information at all times!!

• Wedding: 05/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Debbie Johnson was our direct contact who initially was helping plan our destination wedding but when we opted to have a destination wedding in the US, she was more then happy to assist us in planning our honeymoon. We honeymooned in Cabo, and she made sure that each and every request we had for our honeymoon was met, this was the most amazing honeymoon and I am so happy I had Debbie at destinationweddings.com to help us! It took 100% of the guess work and stress out of planning our honeymoon and we were able to thoroughly enjoy every second of it! Thanks again!!!

• Wedding: 04/04/2014
Services Used: Travel, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Such a helpful site! Much better than the knot and so easy to use! Recommend to everyone!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I were married by our Officiant, Angela Keen in Secret Cove in Kapolei, Hawaii on November 2, 2013. She was fantastic to work with and did a wonderful job on especially short notice. She organized all the paperwork online, prepared the marriage license and found a secluded cove in Kapolei for the ceremony. She also coordinated the signing of the marriage license for my wife and I after work with a local official from the local municipality in Honolulu so I would not have to miss work-she is that client focused. She did everything and had us ready to go within 3 days which was unbelievable. She is a former television newscaster and is very well connected in Honolulu and gets things done very professionally and very, very quickly. She was also very patient as I really didn't know how to get it set up but she took over and made it happen without a hitch on very short notice. She was a God Send and we needed that as our time in Hawaii was short and she came through in fine fashion. She is also so good to work with...just a pleasure for my wife and I. I want to recommend her services to anyone who wants a wonderful client experience as she is the best. I can't say enough good things about how she officiated our Marriage and we will obviously never forget it. Angela Keen is excellent at what she does and provides superior service and our experience was fantastic! Oh, and her prices are very reasonable! Thank God for Angela Keen.
Lenny Avalos

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For professional high definition make-up that doesn't run in the sun and stays put even for your beach wedding, nails and hair (an updo, or other fancy hairstyle for your special day), I highly recommend Salon & Spa "Mi Secreto" in Isla Mujeres right below the Rocamar Hotel. The owner, Anne-Marie, greeted me warmly, and arranged an appointment for me with her employee Vicki even on very short notice. I was prepped and pampered to the fullest, with head massage, foot massage, hand massage, pedicure, manicure, make-up and hairdo! When I walked out, I looked beautiful and felt ready for my beach wedding. It was money well spent, and I have zero regrets. My wedding pictures prove it :-)

• Wedding: 08/26/2013
Services Used: Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was so helpful! We used this more than the Knot for our destination Hawaiian wedding. The only vendor we brought with us was our photographer, but we really wanted to know them well. I highly recommend a destination wedding for EVERY couple and definitely use this site.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I used Destination Weddings Travel for our wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico at Azul Sensatori. Cathy was wonderful and made everything flow smoothly. We had 80+ guests and we didn't need to worry about a thing. Everyone had such a wonderful experience (as they said) abut the entire process of booking their trip. Cathy was available through the entire process for questions and continued to be while we were on our honeymoon at El Dorado Casita Suites. She followed up with us afterwards to see how everything went. Destination Weddings made our experience so wonderful, everything went off without a hitch!! We absolutely loved our wedding, it was perfect!

• Wedding: 02/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our destination wedding planner, Tina, was amazing. She was with us throughout the whole process. She helped us pick our resort and got everyone's travel booked. She was very fast and always willing to price match for the best deal. She was even available after we arrived at the resort and a few guests had some travel issues (mechanical plane issues). She fixed the problem and got them to the wedding on-time.

• Wedding: 01/26/2013
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Shelli Nornes was amazing!! We booked one trip with her for my brothers destination wedding and everything went so smooth, we booked our honeymoon with her too!! When hurricane Isaac hit the week of our wedding, Shelli and her staff were so helpful, sending me different links to track the hurricane. They also sent us other option of places to go, just in case it got too bad in Jamaica. The resort was beautiful and the price when we booked with Shelli was better than if we had booked through the sandals web site!! We will definitely use her services again, everything went so smooth!!

• Wedding: 08/24/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Destinationweddings.com were a pleasure to work with.

I handled the wedding and ceremony myself (off site at Hummingbird Hall) however they handled all the travel arrangements for our group of 25.

I had absolute piece of mind and everything was organized and planned as we'd hoped.

Our TA Rhonda was a real DREAM - we'll be using her again in the future for family vacations.

• Wedding: 07/09/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sheri Hays was AMAZING!!!!! could not have done it with out her.

Nazly

• Wedding: 04/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Planning my destination wedding would have been a lot harder and more complicated had I not chosen to use Destination Weddings. I think it was one of the smartest decisions I made. Having them help with all of the travel arrangements was a life saver when we had a couple of travel hiccups. Thanks for all the hard work!

• Wedding: 03/31/2012
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Travel
888-704-1921
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards