DestinationWeddings.com

Professionalism
4.1
Value
Flexibility

When my fiance and I were deciding on a destination wedding, we were very overwhelmed by the process of choosing a destination and planning the events. We came across destinationweddings.com online but were skeptical about the company, as they seemed too good to be true. They asked for a $50 deposit, which would go towards the wedding cost, in order to be set up with a representative. Well, we were wrong---they were not too good to be true. We were assigned to work with Andrea Williams, who helped us with every detail of our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with how everything went on our wedding day. Andrea helped us every step of the way. She coordinated site visits for us so that we could check out resorts in Cancun--we ended up choosing Moon Palace after a site visit. She was patient with us as we selected a resort that best met our needs, and she worked to get the best rates. She took care of all the travel / /lodging arrangements for almost 70 guests. She helped us create a wedding website with all of the logistical information. She worked with us to get the best prices and to match prices, when possible. She scheduled regular phone calls with us at our convenience and was always available via email/phone to respond to our questions/concerns. She was always available for our guests as well, so that we didn't have to worry about those details. She helped us to arrange day trips/golf times/spa appointments for our guests before their arrival. Even when we were assigned a wedding planner from the resort, Andrea was still available to advocate for us and to address our concerns. We are amazed that Andrea's services were free of cost for us, as she spent so much time and effort with us. We would never have been able to have the destination wedding that we had without her services.

1 person found this review helpful

Sharon Fein at Destination Weddings was an angel sent from heaven! Right from the beginning, she put me at ease and dove right in to helping us find and secure the perfect location for our wedding. She talked me through all of the specifics and helped us coordinate with the resort. She was crucial in helping coordinate all of the wedding and hotel information with our families, who are spread out across numerous states. This made everything so much easier on us! We couldn't have imagined our wedding going as smoothly without Sharon's help and expertise! She stayed in constant contact with us and if we ever had a question, she was always there. Thank you, Sharon and Destination Weddings!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Travel, Wedding Planning

My wife and I got married on March 19th at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana. We stumbled along destinationweddings.com and decided to give it a try. This was by far the best decision we could have made. We were put in contact with Susan Jenkins who immediately began tending to all of our needs. She asked us what we were looking for in a resort, a wedding and what kind of budget we would like to stick to. She recommended Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana and we are so glad that she did. From that point on it was essentially hands off for us. We made our website and sent out our invites. Susan made all of the travel arrangements for our 51 guests. She made sure that everybody was getting any deal she could find, she was very timely with her responses and extremely professional. In the entire group there was not one complaint about the booking process, which we were very pleased about.

We feel that Susan went over and above her duties as our travel agent. When we were dealing with our on-site wedding co-ordinator Susan suggested that we CC her on all of our emails so that she can keep track of what the hotel is supposed to be doing for us, kind of like our back up if we needed it haha.

I would suggest to anybody doing a destination wedding that they should try destinationweddings.com. We weren't sure what to expect when we started and now we can't imagine planning a destination wedding without them!

Thanks again Susan,

Mark and Brittany

Services Used: Travel

We got married Feb 11, 2015. We hired Janelle at Island Wedding Bliss (wedding planner) and couldn't be happier!!! Janelle is very responsive and personal. The wedding was EXACTLY what we wanted and the view on St Thomas island was amazing! We first thought we would hire the wedding planner on the cruise we were taking but Island Bliss Weddings was half the price and offered so much more for the money. Island Wedding Bliss allows you to personalize your wedding to your tastes, the staff is professional (including the photographer, guitarist, clergy and even the place she recommended for our reception was perfect! Can't wait to see the photos!

Services Used: Wedding Planning
Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married

I worked with Brittany Schiffler from Destinationweddings.com to plan my dream wedding.

Started the process I had no idea what to do, who to contact, next steps, etiquette, etc. as I had never known anyone that did a Destination Wedding. That's where Brittany came in - she was a complete life saver! From finding the resort and location right for us to the little details of what flowers will look great with my bridesmaids dresses!

The travel, through Lomas Travel, was great. It was easy, convenient and reliable.

Destinationweddings.com truly made my special day a breeze! And the best part? Their services are free!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Travel, Wedding Planning

My husband and I used Diane Monk with DestinationWeddings.com to book our destination wedding to Mexico for 52 people and it went seamlessly!!! Diane was an absolute pleasure to work with. When choosing a destination, it was apparent that Diane had a vast array of knowledge on a multitude of destinations. Based on my wishes (all-inclusive, adults only, tropical, close in proximity), Diane and I quickly narrowed the list down to a few resorts. My husband and I visited the El Dorado Royale Resort and were instantly sold on that resort for our wedding. As soon as we returned from our trip, Diane got right to work negotiating an incredible group deal for our guests. The save-the-date process was so easy. You can personalize the postcard and emails. Diane also helped make sure I included all the necessary details. Another great function of DestinationWeddings.com is that you can send emails to your guests through the website. I found this particularly helpful when sending reminders for people to get their passports, flight information, itineraries as well as other general information about the trip.
The booking and payment process is virtually flawless. Once the group rates are entered, the guests click on the amount of nights they want to stay, what type of room, and then set up a payment plan. When people did have questions, Diane always promptly and politely responded. A couple of weeks before we left for our destination wedding, Diane sent out our travel documents and transfer vouchers. Diane set up transfers from the airport to resort and back for all our guests. There was even a guy holding a sign with our last names to escort our guests to the shuttle! Upon arrival, the check-in process was perfect. The wedding went perfectly and was like a fairytale...thanks in large part to DIANE MONK and DestinationWeddings.com!!!!

Profile Picture
Rachel S
11/08/2014

My husband and I had decided to try and plan our destination wedding on our own with no avail. We spent weeks waiting to hear back from wedding planners, travel agents and hotels. While we were searching we stumbled across DestinationWedding.com and we are so glad we did!!

Within one day we had all of the information we needed to pick the location of our dream wedding. Our agent worked with our budget and the budget of our guests to make the accommodations easy and affordable. After we chose our location and our hotel, we were able to immediately start the planning. DestinationWeddings sets you up with your own page where you can update guest list, see who has RSVP'd and who has booked. We also used their Save the Date e-mails, they were fully customizable with places to add photos, and they were free!! The blog section on their website was a huge help. There are so many questions you come across and all of the answers are right there for you!

When it came to planning the wedding, the process was much easier then we could have imagined. We were provided with information and pictures for everything down to the light covers! My husband, being a Chef, wanted to make sure the food was perfect, and of course it was amazing! The added extras from DestinationWeddings were great. The t-shirts, breakfast in bed and the 120 minute massages were a perfect addition to the best weekend ever!

Thank you, DestinationWeddings for helping make our dream wedding come true and making it so easy!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Travel, Wedding Planning

My (now) husband and I's wedding story began like most... A beautiful engagement, followed by the wedding talk! My fiancé and I arrived upon the decision to have a destination wedding, because we wanted to have the most fun we could with as little stress as possible! We also had friends and family all over the country who would be traveling regardless, so we figured why not all meet together at an amazing location to celebrate?!

We decided to enlist the help of Destination Weddings to help us locate and place our dream wedding, and ultimately decided to have our wedding in Cabo San Lucas. Over the course of a year, with the help of our Destination wedding specialist, we booked our venue and all of necessary details. Everything was set and ready to go… And then a hurricane hit.

Less than 3 weeks before our wedding, Hurricane Odile hit Baja California, and our booked resort was completely underwater. We were heartbroken. Not to mention we had 75 wedding guests who were looking forward to an amazing week in Mexico. What on earth were we going to do? Without skipping a beat, our Destination Wedding specialist got in touch and we came up with a Plan B and our specialist handled everything to transfer our entire wedding. Within a matter of HOURS, our entire wedding that was planned in the city of Cabo was moved across the country to Puerto Vallarta, MX!

Our wedding week finally arrived and everything went off without a hitch in the beautiful city of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. My husband and I were able to have the gorgeous beach wedding that we had planned, the staff helped arrange all the last minute details we needed, and we even got upgraded to an amazing penthouse suite for our troubles. Our friends, family, my husband and I had the absolute time of our lives. Without the help of Destination Weddings, our wedding literally would have never happened. We are entirely grateful and I'd highly recommend this company if you're planning a destination wedding!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

To All,

My bride and I dealt with an organizer/photographer named David who was patient with us getting back to him late in the previous day to confirm our plans and location. It was the 4th of July and Vegas was a madhouse, but he and Reverend Mark hurried through the throng to coordinate our ceremony which was, of all places, in front of the fountains at the Bellagio. David took tons of pictures as well as helping us pose correctly and when it came time for Reverend Mark to perform the ceremony, Elvis Presley's Viva Las Vegas came over the sound system. The Reverend resembles Elvis very closely (and I suspect was, or is, a part time impersonator) and when the song came on, he jumped right in and got us and the crowd singing along with him. We wanted a fun wedding and these professionals stepped up and worked hard to make it a fantastic, hilariously fun, and memorable. What a tribute to the concept of the fun Vegas wedding experience. My wife and I highly recommend Destination Weddings if you are looking for this type of spontaneity. Kudos to David and Mark - we will never forget it!

Mark & Tracy Armstrong
Bozeman, MT

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I had the best experience with DestinationWeddings.com. Before deciding to use their services, I was very stressed about picking the right destination for all of my guests. I finally decided to go with DestinationWeddings.com and I wish I would have done it sooner.

My specialist helped me narrow down my search for the perfect resort and helped cut through all the red-tape to make the whole process easy. Not only did he help us pick an amazing resort, but also made sure everything was taken care of so the wedding weekend was stress-free.

One major thing that helped me, was not having to co-ordinate travel plans with guests. My specialist took care of all of that and handled any questions regarding traveling to Mexico or the wedding itself. It took a lot of stress off of me, and many of my guests even commented about how helpful he was with their questions. I would highly recommend DestinationWeddings.com.

Services Used: Travel, Wedding Planning

I had chosen to do a Destination Wedding shortly after getting engaged in August of 2012. Starting the process I was a little nervous of not knowing what to expect. I was given a Wedding Specialist to go to for all of my questions and initial planning. This was incredibly helpful! It was basically like a free wedding planner! She was always available thorough the phone or email and any question I had was answered right away. She helped me with picking a destination and providing me with information on resorts to ensure that we made the right choice! After getting closer to the wedding date, I was slowly starting to transfer over to an actual wedding coordinator, who was actually going to be present the day of. From the moment we arrived in Punta Cana, we were treated as a newlywed couple and given the "royal treatment." Our wedding coordinator was there for us throughout our entire week stay, not just the wedding. If I could do it all again I would do the exact same thing. A destination wedding is an amazing experience and I honestly believe there is nothing like it. In my opinion, the result is far better than a traditional wedding back home because its cheaper, and the backdrop is farrrrr more beautiful, its WAY less stressful, and it's a whole week (or more!) of fun! I highly recommend Destination Weddings.

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

If you are planning a destination wedding, then you will need the services of a professional wedding planner such as DestinationWeddings.com. I started working with Cathy Westereng and DestinationWeddings.com over a year before our wedding on June 6, 2014 at Azul Sensatori Resort outside of Cancun, Mexico. When I contacted DWC last March, they assigned Cathy as my Planner. After several initial emails and conversations, Cathy recommended and arranged for site inspections in May 2013 at 4 resorts in Riviera Maya, Mexico. She listened and took our needs in consideration with her selections for us.

After our May 2013 vacation and site visits, we decided on Azul Sensatori. Cathy's experience with planning her daughter's wedding at Azul Sensatori made us comfortable that she would be able to provide detailed insight into the workings of Azul Sensatori and the Karisma Hotel chain. During the next year, Cathy worked with us to negotiate a reduced room rate contract with Karisma for our guests, selection of DJ, flowers, decorations and all of the hundreds of details needed to plan a long distance wedding.

Cathy's advice and support saved us time, money and much frustration while planning our wedding. One of the benefits of DestinationWeddings.com is that several of our guests were able to take advantage of the monthly payment option which helped make the travel costs more manageable for them. When it was time for final payments, Cathy worked with them to ensure everyone met the deadline. Everyone who worked with Cathy commented on her efficiency and professionalism.
During the year, we worked together Cathy was alway available to answer the silliest of questions quickly and with good humor. She was extremely helpful in understanding and working with Karisma Hotel's wedding coordinators in Miami who document the choices of food, beverages, DJ, flowers and decorations.

I strongly recommend Cathy Westereng and DestinationWeddings.com.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Planning
5 people found this review helpful

My husband and I had just moved out-of-state right before we got engaged so we had no idea what we wanted to do in terms of where our wedding would be. Both of our parents live in Virginia and we were down in Florida. Our friends and relatives are located all over the U.S. (and some even outside the U.S.!) so we knew it would be hard to find a common place for everyone from the beginning. We searched a little bit for venues back home in Virginia but decided it would be too much to travel back and forth for planning and we didn’t want all the work to fall on our parents. We were new to Florida and not familiar with the area- so a destination wedding it was! From the very start, I was blown away on how easy and stress-free the entire process was. Our Wedding Specialist was so knowledgeable with different locations and wedding packages and she answered every question that I had and more. We had never been to Mexico before so we were obviously weary about doing this, but every single thing went above and beyond our expectations. From the resort itself, the staff, food, etc. everything was perfect and we would not have been able to do it without Destination Weddings. They took care of everything (planning, travel, guest lists) and even sent out our save the dates for us! We would have never been able to plan a destination wedding on our own. My husband and I talk almost every week on how we want to go back for an anniversary trip and we can’t wait to work with Destination Weddings again to help us plan it!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Travel, Wedding Planning

My husband and I did not originally want to have a honeymoon because at the time he had just started up a business, so we both wanted him to focus on that. But after much thinking, we decided we needed a break as well. My sister recommended Destination Wedding.com, which I'm so glad we did. I researched and liked what I saw, so I called them. They made the process so much easier. They had many destinations to chose from, we went with a simple Hawaii honeymoon, nothing too fancy. We got to chose different excursions and planned many things. We were there for a week and had the best time of our lives, all thanks to Destination Wedding, they made everything that much easier.

Services Used: Travel

Hi! my now husband and I just got married at the El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya Mexico. We have never been out of the country and used this as our opportunity to do something amazing! A friend of ours referred us to Janice Sullinger, an agent of destination weddings.com. they recently got married in punta cana. She was everything they described! she kept us on our budget and answered every question honestly and happily! We had about 20 people including ourselves and almost none of them had gone on a trip like this either, and now we ALL can't wait to go back! Janice kept everyone on track and organized, and let me tell you, with my group of friends thats amazing!! I could never have done that myself. My groom and I did think we would buy our own flight because we thought we found 1 cheaper flight than what janice had shown us. well that bit us in the rear because that flight was our flight to come home and it got cancelled. we were then checked out of our hotel with nowhere to go and sketchy advice from the workers at the cancun airport. we got a scary cab ride back to our resort, thank God we survived, and the staff was amazing!! they remembered us and took us in so we wouldn't have to sleep at the airport ( and didn't charge us an arm and a leg) brought us chocolate covered strawberries to make us feel better and made sure we were happy and stress free! Janice got word that we were having trouble, and even though we brought it on ourselves she came to our rescue with e-mails and phone calls and made sure we had a decent flight and SAFE ride back to the airport on time the next morning! Janice and the resort truly saved us. All the other tourist on our flight had to sleep in sketchy, crappy close motels or on the floor of the airport…not us! :) Janice had Lomas travel representatives with us in person every step of the way! She always stayed late at work to make sure myself and guests were taken care of and had the right information at all times!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Travel, Wedding Planning

Debbie Johnson was our direct contact who initially was helping plan our destination wedding but when we opted to have a destination wedding in the US, she was more then happy to assist us in planning our honeymoon. We honeymooned in Cabo, and she made sure that each and every request we had for our honeymoon was met, this was the most amazing honeymoon and I am so happy I had Debbie at destinationweddings.com to help us! It took 100% of the guess work and stress out of planning our honeymoon and we were able to thoroughly enjoy every second of it! Thanks again!!!

Services Used: Travel, Unique Services (Other)