DestinationWeddings.com

(4.1 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Brittany Schiffler from Destinationweddings.com to plan my dream wedding.

Started the process I had no idea what to do, who to contact, next steps, etiquette, etc. as I had never known anyone that did a Destination Wedding. That's where Brittany came in - she was a complete life saver! From finding the resort and location right for us to the little details of what flowers will look great with my bridesmaids dresses!

The travel, through Lomas Travel, was great. It was easy, convenient and reliable.

Destinationweddings.com truly made my special day a breeze! And the best part? Their services are free!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I used Diane Monk with DestinationWeddings.com to book our destination wedding to Mexico for 52 people and it went seamlessly!!! Diane was an absolute pleasure to work with. When choosing a destination, it was apparent that Diane had a vast array of knowledge on a multitude of destinations. Based on my wishes (all-inclusive, adults only, tropical, close in proximity), Diane and I quickly narrowed the list down to a few resorts. My husband and I visited the El Dorado Royale Resort and were instantly sold on that resort for our wedding. As soon as we returned from our trip, Diane got right to work negotiating an incredible group deal for our guests. The save-the-date process was so easy. You can personalize the postcard and emails. Diane also helped make sure I included all the necessary details. Another great function of DestinationWeddings.com is that you can send emails to your guests through the website. I found this particularly helpful when sending reminders for people to get their passports, flight information, itineraries as well as other general information about the trip. The booking and payment process is virtually flawless. Once the group rates are entered, the guests click on the amount of nights they want to stay, what type of room, and then set up a payment plan. When people did have questions, Diane always promptly and politely responded. A couple of weeks before we left for our destination wedding, Diane sent out our travel documents and transfer vouchers. Diane set up transfers from the airport to resort and back for all our guests. There was even a guy holding a sign with our last names to escort our guests to the shuttle! Upon arrival, the check-in process was perfect. The wedding went perfectly and was like a fairytale...thanks in large part to DIANE MONK and DestinationWeddings.com!!!!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
Services Used: Travel

To All,

My bride and I dealt with an organizer/photographer named David who was patient with us getting back to him late in the previous day to confirm our plans and location. It was the 4th of July and Vegas was a madhouse, but he and Reverend Mark hurried through the throng to coordinate our ceremony which was, of all places, in front of the fountains at the Bellagio. David took tons of pictures as well as helping us pose correctly and when it came time for Reverend Mark to perform the ceremony, Elvis Presley's Viva Las Vegas came over the sound system. The Reverend resembles Elvis very closely (and I suspect was, or is, a part time impersonator) and when the song came on, he jumped right in and got us and the crowd singing along with him. We wanted a fun wedding and these professionals stepped up and worked hard to make it a fantastic, hilariously fun, and memorable. What a tribute to the concept of the fun Vegas wedding experience. My wife and I highly recommend Destination Weddings if you are looking for this type of spontaneity. Kudos to David and Mark - we will never forget it!

Mark & Tracy Armstrong Bozeman, MT

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
Services Used: Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the best experience with DestinationWeddings.com. Before deciding to use their services, I was very stressed about picking the right destination for all of my guests. I finally decided to go with DestinationWeddings.com and I wish I would have done it sooner.

My specialist helped me narrow down my search for the perfect resort and helped cut through all the red-tape to make the whole process easy. Not only did he help us pick an amazing resort, but also made sure everything was taken care of so the wedding weekend was stress-free.

One major thing that helped me, was not having to co-ordinate travel plans with guests. My specialist took care of all of that and handled any questions regarding traveling to Mexico or the wedding itself. It took a lot of stress off of me, and many of my guests even commented about how helpful he was with their questions. I would highly recommend DestinationWeddings.com.

• Wedding: 06/15/2014
Services Used: Travel, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had chosen to do a Destination Wedding shortly after getting engaged in August of 2012. Starting the process I was a little nervous of not knowing what to expect. I was given a Wedding Specialist to go to for all of my questions and initial planning. This was incredibly helpful! It was basically like a free wedding planner! She was always available thorough the phone or email and any question I had was answered right away. She helped me with picking a destination and providing me with information on resorts to ensure that we made the right choice! After getting closer to the wedding date, I was slowly starting to transfer over to an actual wedding coordinator, who was actually going to be present the day of. From the moment we arrived in Punta Cana, we were treated as a newlywed couple and given the "royal treatment." Our wedding coordinator was there for us throughout our entire week stay, not just the wedding. If I could do it all again I would do the exact same thing. A destination wedding is an amazing experience and I honestly believe there is nothing like it. In my opinion, the result is far better than a traditional wedding back home because its cheaper, and the backdrop is farrrrr more beautiful, its WAY less stressful, and it's a whole week (or more!) of fun! I highly recommend Destination Weddings.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are planning a destination wedding, then you will need the services of a professional wedding planner such as DestinationWeddings.com. I started working with Cathy Westereng and DestinationWeddings.com over a year before our wedding on June 6, 2014 at Azul Sensatori Resort outside of Cancun, Mexico. When I contacted DWC last March, they assigned Cathy as my Planner. After several initial emails and conversations, Cathy recommended and arranged for site inspections in May 2013 at 4 resorts in Riviera Maya, Mexico. She listened and took our needs in consideration with her selections for us.

After our May 2013 vacation and site visits, we decided on Azul Sensatori. Cathy's experience with planning her daughter's wedding at Azul Sensatori made us comfortable that she would be able to provide detailed insight into the workings of Azul Sensatori and the Karisma Hotel chain. During the next year, Cathy worked with us to negotiate a reduced room rate contract with Karisma for our guests, selection of DJ, flowers, decorations and all of the hundreds of details needed to plan a long distance wedding.

Cathy's advice and support saved us time, money and much frustration while planning our wedding. One of the benefits of DestinationWeddings.com is that several of our guests were able to take advantage of the monthly payment option which helped make the travel costs more manageable for them. When it was time for final payments, Cathy worked with them to ensure everyone met the deadline. Everyone who worked with Cathy commented on her efficiency and professionalism. During the year, we worked together Cathy was alway available to answer the silliest of questions quickly and with good humor. She was extremely helpful in understanding and working with Karisma Hotel's wedding coordinators in Miami who document the choices of food, beverages, DJ, flowers and decorations.

I strongly recommend Cathy Westereng and DestinationWeddings.com.

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had just moved out-of-state right before we got engaged so we had no idea what we wanted to do in terms of where our wedding would be. Both of our parents live in Virginia and we were down in Florida. Our friends and relatives are located all over the U.S. (and some even outside the U.S.!) so we knew it would be hard to find a common place for everyone from the beginning. We searched a little bit for venues back home in Virginia but decided it would be too much to travel back and forth for planning and we didn’t want all the work to fall on our parents. We were new to Florida and not familiar with the area- so a destination wedding it was! From the very start, I was blown away on how easy and stress-free the entire process was. Our Wedding Specialist was so knowledgeable with different locations and wedding packages and she answered every question that I had and more. We had never been to Mexico before so we were obviously weary about doing this, but every single thing went above and beyond our expectations. From the resort itself, the staff, food, etc. everything was perfect and we would not have been able to do it without Destination Weddings. They took care of everything (planning, travel, guest lists) and even sent out our save the dates for us! We would have never been able to plan a destination wedding on our own. My husband and I talk almost every week on how we want to go back for an anniversary trip and we can’t wait to work with Destination Weddings again to help us plan it!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I did not originally want to have a honeymoon because at the time he had just started up a business, so we both wanted him to focus on that. But after much thinking, we decided we needed a break as well. My sister recommended Destination Wedding.com, which I'm so glad we did. I researched and liked what I saw, so I called them. They made the process so much easier. They had many destinations to chose from, we went with a simple Hawaii honeymoon, nothing too fancy. We got to chose different excursions and planned many things. We were there for a week and had the best time of our lives, all thanks to Destination Wedding, they made everything that much easier.

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
Services Used: Travel
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hi! my now husband and I just got married at the El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya Mexico. We have never been out of the country and used this as our opportunity to do something amazing! A friend of ours referred us to Janice Sullinger, an agent of destination weddings.com. they recently got married in punta cana. She was everything they described! she kept us on our budget and answered every question honestly and happily! We had about 20 people including ourselves and almost none of them had gone on a trip like this either, and now we ALL can't wait to go back! Janice kept everyone on track and organized, and let me tell you, with my group of friends thats amazing!! I could never have done that myself. My groom and I did think we would buy our own flight because we thought we found 1 cheaper flight than what janice had shown us. well that bit us in the rear because that flight was our flight to come home and it got cancelled. we were then checked out of our hotel with nowhere to go and sketchy advice from the workers at the cancun airport. we got a scary cab ride back to our resort, thank God we survived, and the staff was amazing!! they remembered us and took us in so we wouldn't have to sleep at the airport ( and didn't charge us an arm and a leg) brought us chocolate covered strawberries to make us feel better and made sure we were happy and stress free! Janice got word that we were having trouble, and even though we brought it on ourselves she came to our rescue with e-mails and phone calls and made sure we had a decent flight and SAFE ride back to the airport on time the next morning! Janice and the resort truly saved us. All the other tourist on our flight had to sleep in sketchy, crappy close motels or on the floor of the airport…not us! :) Janice had Lomas travel representatives with us in person every step of the way! She always stayed late at work to make sure myself and guests were taken care of and had the right information at all times!!

• Wedding: 05/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Debbie Johnson was our direct contact who initially was helping plan our destination wedding but when we opted to have a destination wedding in the US, she was more then happy to assist us in planning our honeymoon. We honeymooned in Cabo, and she made sure that each and every request we had for our honeymoon was met, this was the most amazing honeymoon and I am so happy I had Debbie at destinationweddings.com to help us! It took 100% of the guess work and stress out of planning our honeymoon and we were able to thoroughly enjoy every second of it! Thanks again!!!

• Wedding: 04/04/2014
Services Used: Travel, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Such a helpful site! Much better than the knot and so easy to use! Recommend to everyone!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I were married by our Officiant, Angela Keen in Secret Cove in Kapolei, Hawaii on November 2, 2013. She was fantastic to work with and did a wonderful job on especially short notice. She organized all the paperwork online, prepared the marriage license and found a secluded cove in Kapolei for the ceremony. She also coordinated the signing of the marriage license for my wife and I after work with a local official from the local municipality in Honolulu so I would not have to miss work-she is that client focused. She did everything and had us ready to go within 3 days which was unbelievable. She is a former television newscaster and is very well connected in Honolulu and gets things done very professionally and very, very quickly. She was also very patient as I really didn't know how to get it set up but she took over and made it happen without a hitch on very short notice. She was a God Send and we needed that as our time in Hawaii was short and she came through in fine fashion. She is also so good to work with...just a pleasure for my wife and I. I want to recommend her services to anyone who wants a wonderful client experience as she is the best. I can't say enough good things about how she officiated our Marriage and we will obviously never forget it. Angela Keen is excellent at what she does and provides superior service and our experience was fantastic! Oh, and her prices are very reasonable! Thank God for Angela Keen. Lenny Avalos

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For professional high definition make-up that doesn't run in the sun and stays put even for your beach wedding, nails and hair (an updo, or other fancy hairstyle for your special day), I highly recommend Salon & Spa "Mi Secreto" in Isla Mujeres right below the Rocamar Hotel. The owner, Anne-Marie, greeted me warmly, and arranged an appointment for me with her employee Vicki even on very short notice. I was prepped and pampered to the fullest, with head massage, foot massage, hand massage, pedicure, manicure, make-up and hairdo! When I walked out, I looked beautiful and felt ready for my beach wedding. It was money well spent, and I have zero regrets. My wedding pictures prove it :-)

• Wedding: 08/26/2013
Services Used: Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was so helpful! We used this more than the Knot for our destination Hawaiian wedding. The only vendor we brought with us was our photographer, but we really wanted to know them well. I highly recommend a destination wedding for EVERY couple and definitely use this site.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I used Destination Weddings Travel for our wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico at Azul Sensatori. Cathy was wonderful and made everything flow smoothly. We had 80+ guests and we didn't need to worry about a thing. Everyone had such a wonderful experience (as they said) abut the entire process of booking their trip. Cathy was available through the entire process for questions and continued to be while we were on our honeymoon at El Dorado Casita Suites. She followed up with us afterwards to see how everything went. Destination Weddings made our experience so wonderful, everything went off without a hitch!! We absolutely loved our wedding, it was perfect!

• Wedding: 02/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our destination wedding planner, Tina, was amazing. She was with us throughout the whole process. She helped us pick our resort and got everyone's travel booked. She was very fast and always willing to price match for the best deal. She was even available after we arrived at the resort and a few guests had some travel issues (mechanical plane issues). She fixed the problem and got them to the wedding on-time.

• Wedding: 01/26/2013
Laura
888-536-1923
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards