Desserts By Dana

Custom & Couture Celebration Cakes

1212 Capitol Trail
Newark, DE 19711 | map
Desserts: Cheese, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Lactose Free
Health license: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

tasting was unscheduled and it went perfect, cake was beautiful and the taste was amazing. Everyone did an excellent job.

• Wedding: 12/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our cake was provided by Desserts by Dana for our wedding last weekend. We had so many compliments not only on the taste but the way they decorated it as well! It was perfect! We met with Netesha for the tasting and she was fantastic. I had a picture of what I had in mind which she took and did nothing but improve upon it! She made it our cake not the cake in the picture. Then, the day of the wedding comes and we go to see the cake and it was even more beautiful than I pictured in my head! We opted for pumpkin and vanilla flavors which were both delicious and everyone loved them (especially the pumpkin but we are partial to anything pumpkin)! Anytime we need a cake or bakery item Desserts by Dana will be our first stop! Thank you all so much!!

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Desserts by Dana for our wedding cake and Groom's Cake, and they did a wonderful job! All of the flavors were so delicious, and the designs of the cakes were perfect. Our Groom's Cake was a very intricate design, and they did a great job with such an attention to detail. We received so many compliments on how much people loved the cakes and the uniqueness of flavors. Overall they did a wonderful job and we will definitely be back for more desserts!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the option of selecting from 6 bakeries as part of our wedding package. My husband loves pumpkin and Desserts by Dana offered pumpkin cake making our selection pretty easy. We couldn't be happier with our choice! From our first meeting with Chef Dana I knew we had picked the right bakery. The cake was so moist and delicious! And let's not forget how beautiful it turned out! We received so many compliments from our guests on just how tasty our wedding cake was. Chef Dana went above and beyond helping us rent the perfect cake stand and even giving me tips on freezing the top layer when I stopped by the bakery after the wedding. I would highly recommend Desserts by Dana to all future brides! You will not be disappointed!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Erin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dana , Thank u so much For All u Did For Brianne & Brian !!!!!!! Their Cake Was Just Beautiful !!!!!!! We Were So Pleased !!!!!!!!!! U Outdid Urself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Compliments We Recieved was Nonstop !!!!!!!!!! Dana is just Wonderful To Work With !!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is The Best and He ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again Thank u Very Much !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Colleen McCall Zimny

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Colleen
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were very happy with the cake and the service we received from Dessert by Dana. We got to meet with Dana himself for our tasting and the plan the cake, which was a very enjoyable experience. Dana took a lot of time to go through all of our options and discuss what the perfect cake would look like for our day. The tasting experience was awesome. Most importantly our cake was really tasty on our big day! I have a big sweet tooth so I have high expectations for cake. The cake was moist and flavorful. The buttercream was sweet without being too heavy or sugary. When my groom and I cut into the cake for our first taste we couldn't help ourselves, we had to take a second taste because it was just that good!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I wanted an ice cream cake for our wedding. We didn't know if this was even possible, but Dana took the idea and ran with it. We wanted something simple and he gave us exactly what we wanted. We are both UD alum and he even used the UD Creamery ice cream. The cake was amazing. My husband was upset because he didn't get his flavor since the venue only cut his flavor and not mine. The one difficulty we had was cutting the cake since it hadn't been defrosted long enough, but it was delicious. We also asked that a new cake be made for our anniversary which he said he could do.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Desserts by Dana did a fabulous job at doing our wedding cake. It looked EXACTLY how we had talked about and reviewed with Dana himself. They even switched locations between our original appointment and our drop off for the wedding and everything had turned out PERFECT! They cake was the BEST wedding cake I have ever tasted and I can not wait until our 1 year anniversary when we get to eat it again!! =)

• Wedding: 08/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My cake was perfect, beautiful taste great many guest ate my cake but I'm happy I had some to eat

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Amy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Desserts by Dana did our wedding cake and an assortment of their sampler trays and cookies for our wedding reception. Our cake was exactly how we envisioned it would be. It was a 4 tier cake with buttercream frosting. We had two marble tiers and two amaretto. Everything about it was amazing and delicious. We got so many compliments on how good the cake and desserts were. Everyone at Desserts by Dana were professional and responsive. I wanted a minor last minute addition to the cake and they honored it perfectly. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Wedding: 05/23/2014
Michelle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was beautiful and so delicious! Wonderful job!

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding cake was beautiful and delicious!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I wanted to do something different for our wedding besides the traditional wedding cake. I had heard about Desserts by Dana through a mutual friend, and set up a tasting. I'm really not into pastries or sweets, but let me tell you I couldn't stop eating the frosting samples; they were so good. We decided to do cupcakes instead of big cake. There were so many options offered that our visit was extended. All of them were delicious. I especially liked the chocolate chip cupcake with sweet cream frosting!!! It's a good thing we had the private tasting prior to the wedding because none of the cupcakes were left after our wedding!!! In addition to the cupcakes, they made a smaller red velvet cake that my wife loves, just for us that we were able to cut and photograph.

Working with Dana at Desserts by Dana was a smooth process. They were able to work with and coordinate the cupcake display with our florist to give it that "WOW" factor that we were looking for. Every step of the process, from the tasting to the delivery, was exceptional.

Yaw
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing design, delicious flavors. Truly stunning product.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Dana was fantastic to work with! There are a variety of flavors to pick from and they are all delicious! Dana took my vision and turned it into reality and it was exactly what I wanted!

Thank you!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We really enjoyed working with Dana! He was fun to meet with and we enjoyed our tasting in his tasting room and had fun picking flavors-there were so many great ones to choose from! I showed him a photo from Pinterest to give an idea of what I wanted and he customized it to match my theme. We didn't need to chat again and the cake was delivered without a hitch right on time. My fiance and I LOVED it, as did everyone else-the lemon was big hit! Thank you!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
Erin
302-721-5798
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire