Dana Powers House

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

With planning a wedding in such a short amount of time, working with Judi and Sheila at the Dana Powers House was a dream! We had a 6 month engagement and planned our wedding from out of state, which makes all wedding processes a little more work and a lot of stress. Judi and Sheila answered all of my questions in a timely manner and made the process so smooth with coordinating all aspects of our wedding.

To top of the amazing service, the venue is absolutely beautiful! It ended up raining on our wedding day (which at first was my nightmare) but Judi reassured me that everything was still going to be perfect and my ceremony moved inside the barn. It was beyond perfect. We had our ceremony and reception in the barn, with the cocktail hour being outside as soon as it cleared up.

My recommendation for anyone considering this venue-book it! It's worth the money. I also recommend using Judi as the day of coordinator. She made my day absolutely stress free and a dream. Thank you Judi and Sheila!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WOW - what can I say that will adequately explain how AMAZING our wedding day was at the Dana-Powers Barn?!?! There just aren't words!

Judi & Sheila were quick to respond to my endless questions & requests, and accommodated everything I wanted. I hired Judi as our Day Of Coordinator and can't imagine trying to make the day run without her expertise and help. I'm not one to let others plan for me - I am very particular and do not let go easily. Judi calmed ALL of my nerves & concerns - she is amazing that way. She knows what she is doing and I'm sure has seen it all. She stayed so calm throughout the entire process and had so many suggestions about how to make each particular thing exactly how I wanted it.

Our rehearsal was on Halloween and Judi was a great sport when we all showed up in our costumes. She kept things moving and got us out quick. I knew the wedding would be perfect with her on my side.

The night before & the morning of POURED rain. When we showed up on Saturday, there was an issue with the parking lot; Judi already had it all figured out, was on to Plan B, and was calm throughout the whole thing. Although I showed up a half hour later than planned, we still started the wedding on time. If it weren't for Judi, we probably wouldnt have even realized we needed to cut the cake, do our first dance, do speeches, etc - the day flew by and before I knew it it was over. Thankfully Judi kept us on track!

The barn itself is so beautiful inside and out. The property is expertly cared for. I gave 4.5 stars for flexibility because there are some rules that must be followed, but honestly nothing that bothered me. I wouldn't have had time for any extras anyways!

I hope one of my friends gets married at the Dana Powers property just so I have a reason to go back. You will NOT be disappointed having your special day here. I could go on and on. Thank you Judi!

Ileana
1 Review
09/20/2014

My husband and I fell in love with The Dana Powers House immediately, the venue fit both our personality and budget. Many little things that you would have to rent in other places are already provided by Judy. For example, chairs, tables, and restrooms believe it or not (some places require you bring in restrooms). Judy was very responsive and professional throughout the planning of our wedding. We felt very comfortable with her since day one, which made everything fall right into place, especially because she was our day of coordinator. Our wedding day was perfect, Judy and her staff worked really hard to ensure we had nothing to worry about. We received compliments from all of our guests, Dana Powers House is truly a magical place thanks to Judy and her passion for weddings and event planning.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Jessica
07/05/2014

Our wedding day was truly better than we ever could have imagined because of the amazing services and environment the Dana-Powers Barn offers!

Allie
06/07/2014

My husband and I got married at the barn at Dana Powers House a couple weeks ago. Can we go back and do it again? It was amazing. You dont need me to tell you how beautiful everything is because clearly from the pictures it is the most beautiful place to get married. Judi was so nice and helpful. She answered my million questions. She has the most amazing selection of rentals and everything was so beautifully set up and taken care of when we arrived. She is totally on top of everything. And day of, she was a wedding ninja. She was never seen until the exact moment you happened to be taking off your veil or doing something with your shoes or bustle and then she was right there ready to handle it. She was amazing and has so much experience. Thank you so much for everything Judi! Our day was beautiful and we couldnt have asked for anything more!!

Brea Ellen
1 Review
10/12/2013

Judi Powers is an amazing person. She created a space that captured everything I could have dreamed of for my wedding day. She is elegant, calm, collected, organized, and so inviting. Her venue is something every little girl dreams of. I feel so lucky to have found the barn along with Judi and her family.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This past year, my husband Marcus and I got married at Dana-Powers House. We had our ceremony outside on the lawn near the barn and our reception inside the barn. I was planning our wedding long distance from New York City and the owner of the venue, Judi Powers was very responsive throughout all the months leading up to the wedding, especially 1-2 months beforehand. When our wedding day arrived, everything was more amazing and breathtaking than we could have ever imagined! The venue itself is stunning, yet makes a wonderful canvas for your own personal tastes and embellishments. Judi even has rentals for you to decorate with, which made things all the easier to plan. On the day of, our guests could not stop GUSHING about how beautiful, charming, fun and wonderful it all was. Guests felt it was such a special and unique venue. We hired Judi as our day-of coordinator and she was great at taking care of all the small details behind the scenes. She made sure the guests were taken care of while the wedding party was too busy taking photos, etc. She brought parasols out to shade our guests while they waited in the sun for the ceremony to begin — without us asking her to. Judi has a tireless zest for details and lovingly makes sure that your wedding will go smoothly. The only reason why "Flexibility" has 3 stars is because there are venue rules which prohibited us from serving hard alcohol for more than 1 hour and because I really wanted us to be sent off with sparklers or sky lanterns, but neither were allowed (understandably) for fire hazard reasons. Our wedding day, however, was true PERFECTION and overshadowed any of these restrictions by a mile. My groom and I had an amazing time and we wouldn't have done it any differently. Cheers! -Celeste

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would honestly give Judi and her whole team at the Dana-Powers House way more than five stars, if that were possible here. There are not enough words to describe what an amazing and special venue this is. Judi makes rustic-vintage-dream weddings come true. She was wonderful to work with throughout the entire planning process. Judi is creative, flexible, and an expert in all things weddings. My now-husband and I were planning our Central Coast wedding from a distance in the Los Angeles area, but we never had to worry about anything thanks to Judi. We also hired Judi as our reception coordinator (ceremony coordination is included in the venue package) and I'm so very glad we made that decision. She made everything flow perfectly from the moment we arrived to the moment we said goodbye to all our guests. One of the best things about the Dana-Powers House is the creativity you can bring to the spaces there with Judi's vintage rentals (Embellish Vintage Rentals) and any little special touches you want to bring in. Our guests were blown away by how amazing the whole property is, and everyone wanted to know how I found such a remarkable venue. The answer for me was Google, and if you're reading this now, you've already found it, too!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Judi and everyone we encountered at the Dana-Powers barn and house was truly amazing to work with! Judi always responded quickly to e-mails and calls and was very flexible when we came into town for planning. The wedding was everything we had hoped for and my husband and I felt truly taken care of, there was a lot we tried to do ourselves but Judi and her team came together to finish the little things we didn't think of. All of our guests are still talking about how beautiful and elegant the wedding was. This venue was everything we had been looking for and to have such an experienced, talented, helpful and pleasant person to guide us through this process was more than we could have ever asked for!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I knew The Dana Powers House was the PERFECT venue for my Aug 2013 wedding the second I saw it. Judi's beautiful property and professionalism go above and beyond, I truly do not know how she does it all. Not only did she answer numerous e-mails and come let me see the property twice before my wedding, she made planning a long distance wedding a breeze. I also used her EMBELLISH vintage rentals for nearly all of my décor, which made things very easy and cost effective instead purchasing and shipping the décor myself. The day of the wedding all the little details were perfect and the barn where we held our reception was beyond beautiful. Judi handled my "not so well behaved" groomsmen very professionally during our rehearsal and made sure everyone knew where to be and what to do and kept them all in line. :) My day wasn't perfect, because nothing ever goes exactly as planned, but it was as close to perfect as it could be and I wouldn't change a thing. The Dana Powers House is worth every penny and Judi will make every detail you've planned come to life. I cannot thank her and her staff enough for making my dream wedding come true. :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Oh, the Dana Powers House...what a gorgeous, charming, love-filled, beautiful, creative, timeless, unbelievably unique setting for a wedding...JUST what we were looking for. We thought we'd never find it until we magically stumbled upon it and just WOW. Our guests could not believe the location, the ambiance, the amazing "feeling" this place has....We are 6 months out from our wedding and people still talk about it like it happened last week. Judi is just amazing. Professional, beyond creative, attentive and an absolute pro. Do not even think about doing your wedding here without renting from her vintage rental company: http://www.embellishvintagerentals.com and definitely have Judi be your "day of" wedding coordinator; you have no idea how much you need her to move things along and make sure everything behind the scenes STAYS behind the scenes. Honestly, I cannot say enough about this special place... The best part was...after all was said and done, on our way out Judi said to us: "Don't forget to come back and do photos with your babies in the garden someday..." What a great idea. :) Love her. Love this place. You absolutely MUST see it...whether you want a demure garden wedding, a rustic vintage wedding or have absolutely no idea what you want...at the very least go see it. It's a true gem. <3

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Dana Powers was truly a dream come true wedding venue. It not only is absolutely gorgeous, but Judi and her staff are so helpful in making your day whatever you want it to be. They offer so many fun details to make your day more personal. She even has her own rental website with tons and tons of items! Our wedding day was absolutely unforgettable and I'm so grateful for Judi and her team. Definitely recommend checking this venue out if you're looking for a vintage rustic wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Judi Powers provided us with an incredible experience for our wedding. We couldn't have asked for anything better. She answered all of my calls, emails and took the time to personally help us decide on vendors. We had planned to have our ceremony on the lawn next to the barn, but it rained on our wedding day. Judi had a back-up plan and beautifully arranged the inside of the barn. It couldn't have been a more romantic and intimate setting.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Phenomenal is the word that comes to mind when I think of "The Dana Powers House". I had the pleasure of having my reception in the beautiful barn and it was nothing less than perfect. Judi is the most organized and amazing wedding coordinator (especially on the big day). She was so helpful during the months leading up to the wedding and on the day of she was so wonderful. She even went as far as bandaging up my feet and giving me a pair of flip flops because of horrible blisters. This place really has it all!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Judi Powers and her staff create a very special and memorable experience. We couldn't be more pleased to have chosen this unique location.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Unbelievable! ALL my guests raved about how gorgeous the wedding venue was. No one had ever been to such a beautiful place for a wedding. The first time I visited the Dana Powers House, I knew it was THE ONE. No doubt about it :) I utilized the barn portion of the site, which fit mine and my husband's personalities better. But the house portion of the site is also absolutely gorgeous. Anywhere at the Dana Powers house is spectacular. Judi does such a great job and she is so talented with the decor she comes up with. Her and her crew did such a great job accommodating me and my guests. She made sure everything went smoothly and perfectly. Judi was calm, which kept me calm, and she always had a smile on her face. The Dana Powers House made my wedding day a dream come true!