Dana Cubbage Weddings

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We booked Dana for our engagement photography and she was amazing! We had so much phone during the session at Magnolia Plantation and Downtown Charleston. To our surprise, she was able to get us our pictures within a few days! I highly recommend Dana for all of your photography needs, wedding related and beyond. She was also really great with capturing shots of our fluffy family member, our dog Charlie. Thanks for everything Dana, your the best!!!!

Amy
05/02/2015

I will recommend Dana to everyone I meet! She is professional, reasonably priced, relaxed, and efficient. If you suffer from impatience like I do, Dana is your photographer -- we always received our photos within 5 days of a shoot. Her photos are stunning! She will capture fun candid shots as well as the traditional wedding photos. BOOK HER NOW!

FULL REVIEW

Initially...
Our wedding planners at Pure Luxe Bride suggested booking Dana because she was at the right price point for our budget and her style matched our vision. Thank goodness for their suggestion because Dana was AMAZING!

Engagement Session & Bridal Portraits...
Dana shot our engagement photos, bridal portraits, and our wedding day. She was very open to locations outside the typical downtown Charleston shoot. I wanted to do engagement photos 30 minutes away at Cypress Gardens and bridal portraits 50 minutes away at Old Sheldon Church Ruins, and she said yes! Dana suffered through high temperatures and gnats with us, and the resulting photos were GORGEOUS! She had creative photo ideas and always asked if there were any shots I had in mind. I was so glad that we did bridal portrait shoot because I didn't have to worry about getting photos of just myself on our wedding day (one less thing to worry about on a hectic day)!

Wedding Day...
Dana was AMAZING! We paid the extra fee to book Dana for the entire day so that we didn't have to stress about getting all of the photos in (worth every penny). We also elected to do a First Look (I highly recommend it)! Dana surprised us by bringing a 3rd shooter, too! She kept up with the planner's timeline and made sure that every photo was taken along the way. At the reception, she blended in with the crowd, but I could tell that she was in the middle of things taking beautiful, fun shots!

Services Used: Photography

Where do I begin? If you are just in the planning stages for your Charleston wedding, go book Dana Cubbage right now for your photography. There are so many amazing things about Dana and her seriously amazing photography! To begin with, she is so responsive and always got back to my many emails immediately. The very night that I inquired on her website she responded within 10 minutes and we had a call set up for the next day, which was impressive to say the least! Dana photographed my engagement session and wedding in Charleston. After the engagement session my husband and I were so happy that we booked her, as she was so lovely to work with, she really puts you at ease during the process and takes all of your nerves away. She also clearly LOVES what she does, and that comes through while she is taking pictures and in the finished product.

I could go on forever about how absolutely phenomenal my wedding photos were. And I wasn't the only one who was blown away, I received SO many compliments after she posted our photos from the wedding party and from many guests at the wedding. Everything from the detail photos to the reception were completely out of this world and were by far the most gorgeous pictures I have ever seen. She and her second shooter captured every single moment and were with us all day. The photos told the story of our wedding day and we will cherish them 50 years from now. Thank you Dana for giving us the best takeaway from our day that we could ask for!!

Katie
03/28/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Dana!! I work in the wedding industry and have worked with a lot of different vendors and when it came to my own wedding, it was easy to pick the vendors I wanted most. I knew when I first saw some of Dana's photos of other weddings that she would be our photographer. She is so incredibly talented at taking the most beautiful photos and she captures all the best moments of the day. She makes taking photos so much fun with how enthusiastic and excited she is about each shot. It was so much fun to look back through our pictures and remember all the fun we had with our family and friends. Not only is she an amazing photographer, but she is so quick in corresponding and with each of our sessions (engagement photos, bridal portraits, and wedding photos) we had our pictures back within a week! I would HIGHLY recommend Dana to anyone looking for a wedding photographer who wants beautiful, fun, and classic photos on one of the best days of their lives. She's the best!!

Mary Claire
03/27/2015

Dana is the best! I used her for both my engagement photos and wedding day. Before even speaking with Dana, she was my top choice because she offers complete wedding day coverage with a second shooter, not limited to a certain number of hours. After we spoke on the phone I felt as though we clicked, and from that day on Dana was always very friendly, fun, and helpful.

She is truly amazing and great at what she does. She really cares about her clients and make sure they feel comfortable in front of the camera. On the actual wedding day, Dana and her second shooter were great! My friends and family were blown away by all the amazing candid shots she got throughout the evening. She was able to catch all the little details from the wedding and reception that I didn't get to see firsthand. Dana has such a quick turnaround for the photo galleries, so you won't have to wait long to relive your big day!

Ellie
01/18/2015

If you are looking for an outgoing, energetic and personable photographer Dana is the person you want! From the moment I talked to her on the phone I knew we would be a great match. She was easy to talk to, listened to my ideas and came up with creative ways to help my vision come true. The day of the wedding she was with me every step of the way documenting every detail. When we got the pictures they were unbelievable! I could not have asked for a better photographer to help capture our special day.

Services Used: Photography

I cannot say enough amazing things about Dana! She is FABULOUS! Not only are her photographs absolutely gorgeous, but she is so sweet and such a pleasure to work with. Dana shot our engagement pictures and wedding day and both are more beautiful than I ever dreamed possible. When I received them I was literally in awe and I couldn't stop looking at them! I feel so lucky to have her document our very special day. In addition, Dana was extremely helpful throughout the wedding planning process and I loved how easy it was to download all our pictures. Highly recommend this talented photographer!!

Services Used: Photography

Dana was incredible to work with when shooting my bridal portraits! She made me feel so comfortable and helped guide me when posing for pictures. I felt like I had known her for years. Her uplifting attitude made it easy to be relaxed and take natural photos. She knew of some great spots in Downtown Charleston to use as backdrops. My photos came our amazing! I can't wait of my fiancé to see them after our wedding! Thanks so much Dana for the wonderful experience.

Sass
12/06/2014

Dana is amazing!!! From our first phone chat I felt very comfortable with her. Dana is so talented, we LOVE our pictures! She gives great direction, is organized and just a pleasure to work with. She even helped bustle my dress! Dana is a rock star!!!!

Haley
11/22/2014

I absolutely love Dana Cubbage!!! Booking her to photograph my wedding was the best decision I made throughout the whole wedding process. I had an awesome package. Plus, she was flexible with whatever I desired. For my bridal portrait, I had two different locations with two different looks. That day went well and I had a lot of fun. I can tell she is truly passionate about her work. After each session, she had the pictures available within a couple of days. When she sent me the wedding pictures while on my honeymoon, I was so shocked at how beautiful they were I cried and cried from joy. Being that my family is divided and from different states, Dana captured the greatest moments between them that I will never have again in my life. After my 12 day honeymoon, she sent me a lovely box with 10 hard-back pictures. For the people that have heard so much about my wedding, I take the wooden box everywhere I go, so they can get an idea of how beautiful and nice my wedding turned out. I am so proud of that box that I will cherish it forever. Dana Cubbage will always have a special place in my heart.

Brogann
11/08/2014

Amazing photos. Wonderful experiences overall.

Services Used: Photography

Even ant hills cannot stop Dana from getting the best shot... Seriously! She's tough, she's brilliant and she's a pro... Period! Having ZERO experience working directly with a photographer I had no expectations, let's face it... first wedding, first professional photographs... I didn't know what I was doing. My wedding planner from WED, Katie Heubel, highly recommended Dana so I trusted her... but not without hesitation. Brides are always told that the photographer is the MOST important vendor and I didn't understand this until after my wedding. Before returning home from our 10 day Costa Rican honeymoon, Dana had all of our wedding day photos edited and ready to preview. Let me just say, I have NO REGRETS about not having a videographer. Dana and her team captured every moment of the day. Of course I missed out on my husband unable to tie his own bow tie or the boredom of the ring bearer and flower girl patiently awaiting their 'Big Moment' walking down the isle but you know what... I have the photos and I have been reliving every moment since my wedding day. Dana captured EVERY moment, every detail and most importantly the memories that I will have forever in my heart. A true artist of photography. Dana Cubbage. Thank you again!

Private User
Recently Married

Words will never be able to express how grateful I am that Dana was our photographer! She is the absolute best hands down! Dana was so attentive through the entire wedding process from our engagement pictures, my bridals, and then our wedding day. Dana was very flexible and responsive to any changes or ideas. Not to mention her incredibly fast turn around! Dana's personality also is so easy to get along with! From the first meet she makes you feel like your a friend and her love for rescue dogs is a plus too! Dana captures the feelings, emotions, and moments and that is what makes her photos wonderful! They are timeless and classic, elegant and beautiful. I will always cherish the pictures we have, she was our best investment and is definitely worth it, she won't disappoint!

Services Used: Photography

Dana is an amazing photographer and an amazing person and I could not be happier with my decision to work with her for our wedding. I visited Charleston with my family a month before the wedding and spent 3 hours in the salon preparing for my bridal portraits. When I emerged, a giant thunderstorm arose in the 15 minutes it took me to get to Legare Waring which we had rented for the afternoon. As the rain fell, so did my spirits and hopes for getting the beautiful plantation pictures I had always envisioned. Dana greeted us at the house with bottles of champagne and the patience to wait out the storm, no matter how long it took. Three hours and two bottles of champagne later, the rain let up and we made our way outside into the muddy grass. Dana was prepared for everything and brought a sheet for me to stand on to keep my feet and dress clean. We trudged barefoot through the puddles, Dana carrying my belongings and helping me wipe my feet at each stop to not muddy my dress. We ended up with some beautiful photos and an unforgettable day. On the day before our wedding, Dana walked all around downtown Charleston to scout out locations where the lighting would be ideal at the exact time of our first look. Her advance planning resulted in a smooth and stress free first look and photo session with the bridal party. She kept us all on track and meticulously captured every special moment throughout the day. She was never invasive but always there, capturing an assortment of candid and posed photos. After the wedding, I received my edited photos quickly and I am thrilled beyond words at the overwhelming quality and quantity of images Dana produced. Dana captured all the details I spent so long planning but did not get to fully appreciate in the excitement of the wedding day. I am so happy to be able to look back at our wedding day and be able to relive every moment through Dana’s photos. Choosing to work with Dana was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding.

Services Used: Photography

When we received the recommended vendor list from Wild Dunes where we booked our wedding the photographers were the first people I scoped out. We had a very intimate, immediate family-only wedding & reception so photography was something that was very important to me. None of the photography styles on the list they gave me were what I envisioned for our wedding. After receiving the Charleston Wedding Guide a few different photographers were included and Dana's name was the first I searched. The photos on her website were all I needed to see to know immediately that SHE was the one. Her photos were going to tell our wedding story to all of our family and friends that were not present. After speaking with her on the phone I knew that it was a match. She was very willing to provide a custom package to meet the needs of our small wedding. She became my "go-to" for advice on other vendors and willing to offer any extra help making contacts. Dana was amazing to work with on the wedding day. She was professional and personal and connected easily with both of us. We received our photos in less than a week and after sharing them with all of our friends, the feedback we received was UNBELIEVABLE! One of our friends said she felt like she was present at the wedding because the photos captured every tiny detail perfectly. Dana missed nothing. The worst thing I can say about Dana as your photographer is that you will have the hardest time choosing what photos to blow up and hang in your home, because there are too many good ones. She even sent us as a thank you, this beautiful wooden box with several photos inside on this thick acrylic/card stock type backing. Dana so clearly loves what she does and you can see it in every single shot. Her photos are classic and pretty. They are soft and romantic with a photo journalistic approach. If you are looking for timeless photos then Dana is your girl. She was hands down our best investment, love her!!

Services Used: Photography

We can't say enough good things about Dana Cubbage!!! Dana took our engagement pictures while we were on vacation in Charleston a year ago and we loved her and her work so much that we asked her to come shoot our wedding in Connecticut! I couldn't have imagined anyone else documenting our day! She was so helpful during the planning process, any questions we had were answered quickly and she was there to help with anything we needed. It was such a pleasure working with Dana because you can tell she truly loves and has a passion for her work!! We're so happy with our engagement and wedding pictures, and constantly getting compliments from family and friends on how great they came out! It goes without saying that we highly recommend Dana Cubbage Weddings! Thank you Dana! Abby & Kyle