Dana Cubbage Weddings

Dana Cubbage Weddings

Fun, Fresh, Authentic Wedding + Engagement Photography for Fabulous Couples.

Charleston, SC 29403 | map

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We booked Dana for our engagement photography and she was amazing! We had so much phone during the session at Magnolia Plantation and Downtown Charleston. To our surprise, she was able to get us our pictures within a few days! I highly recommend Dana for all of your photography needs, wedding related and beyond. She was also really great with capturing shots of our fluffy family member, our dog Charlie. Thanks for everything Dana, your the best!!!!

• Wedding: 08/08/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for an outgoing, energetic and personable photographer Dana is the person you want! From the moment I talked to her on the phone I knew we would be a great match. She was easy to talk to, listened to my ideas and came up with creative ways to help my vision come true. The day of the wedding she was with me every step of the way documenting every detail. When we got the pictures they were unbelievable! I could not have asked for a better photographer to help capture our special day.

• Wedding: 01/18/2015
Ellie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough amazing things about Dana! She is FABULOUS! Not only are her photographs absolutely gorgeous, but she is so sweet and such a pleasure to work with. Dana shot our engagement pictures and wedding day and both are more beautiful than I ever dreamed possible. When I received them I was literally in awe and I couldn't stop looking at them! I feel so lucky to have her document our very special day. In addition, Dana was extremely helpful throughout the wedding planning process and I loved how easy it was to download all our pictures. Highly recommend this talented photographer!!

• Wedding: 01/17/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dana was incredible to work with when shooting my bridal portraits! She made me feel so comfortable and helped guide me when posing for pictures. I felt like I had known her for years. Her uplifting attitude made it easy to be relaxed and take natural photos. She knew of some great spots in Downtown Charleston to use as backdrops. My photos came our amazing! I can't wait of my fiancé to see them after our wedding! Thanks so much Dana for the wonderful experience.

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dana is amazing!!! From our first phone chat I felt very comfortable with her. Dana is so talented, we LOVE our pictures! She gives great direction, is organized and just a pleasure to work with. She even helped bustle my dress! Dana is a rock star!!!!

• Wedding: 12/06/2014
Sass
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I absolutely love Dana Cubbage!!! Booking her to photograph my wedding was the best decision I made throughout the whole wedding process. I had an awesome package. Plus, she was flexible with whatever I desired. For my bridal portrait, I had two different locations with two different looks. That day went well and I had a lot of fun. I can tell she is truly passionate about her work. After each session, she had the pictures available within a couple of days. When she sent me the wedding pictures while on my honeymoon, I was so shocked at how beautiful they were I cried and cried from joy. Being that my family is divided and from different states, Dana captured the greatest moments between them that I will never have again in my life. After my 12 day honeymoon, she sent me a lovely box with 10 hard-back pictures. For the people that have heard so much about my wedding, I take the wooden box everywhere I go, so they can get an idea of how beautiful and nice my wedding turned out. I am so proud of that box that I will cherish it forever. Dana Cubbage will always have a special place in my heart.

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
Haley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing photos. Wonderful experiences overall.

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
Brogann
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Even ant hills cannot stop Dana from getting the best shot... Seriously! She's tough, she's brilliant and she's a pro... Period! Having ZERO experience working directly with a photographer I had no expectations, let's face it... first wedding, first professional photographs... I didn't know what I was doing. My wedding planner from WED, Katie Heubel, highly recommended Dana so I trusted her... but not without hesitation. Brides are always told that the photographer is the MOST important vendor and I didn't understand this until after my wedding. Before returning home from our 10 day Costa Rican honeymoon, Dana had all of our wedding day photos edited and ready to preview. Let me just say, I have NO REGRETS about not having a videographer. Dana and her team captured every moment of the day. Of course I missed out on my husband unable to tie his own bow tie or the boredom of the ring bearer and flower girl patiently awaiting their 'Big Moment' walking down the isle but you know what... I have the photos and I have been reliving every moment since my wedding day. Dana captured EVERY moment, every detail and most importantly the memories that I will have forever in my heart. A true artist of photography. Dana Cubbage. Thank you again!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Words will never be able to express how grateful I am that Dana was our photographer! She is the absolute best hands down! Dana was so attentive through the entire wedding process from our engagement pictures, my bridals, and then our wedding day. Dana was very flexible and responsive to any changes or ideas. Not to mention her incredibly fast turn around! Dana's personality also is so easy to get along with! From the first meet she makes you feel like your a friend and her love for rescue dogs is a plus too! Dana captures the feelings, emotions, and moments and that is what makes her photos wonderful! They are timeless and classic, elegant and beautiful. I will always cherish the pictures we have, she was our best investment and is definitely worth it, she won't disappoint!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Dana is an amazing photographer and an amazing person and I could not be happier with my decision to work with her for our wedding. I visited Charleston with my family a month before the wedding and spent 3 hours in the salon preparing for my bridal portraits. When I emerged, a giant thunderstorm arose in the 15 minutes it took me to get to Legare Waring which we had rented for the afternoon. As the rain fell, so did my spirits and hopes for getting the beautiful plantation pictures I had always envisioned. Dana greeted us at the house with bottles of champagne and the patience to wait out the storm, no matter how long it took. Three hours and two bottles of champagne later, the rain let up and we made our way outside into the muddy grass. Dana was prepared for everything and brought a sheet for me to stand on to keep my feet and dress clean. We trudged barefoot through the puddles, Dana carrying my belongings and helping me wipe my feet at each stop to not muddy my dress. We ended up with some beautiful photos and an unforgettable day. On the day before our wedding, Dana walked all around downtown Charleston to scout out locations where the lighting would be ideal at the exact time of our first look. Her advance planning resulted in a smooth and stress free first look and photo session with the bridal party. She kept us all on track and meticulously captured every special moment throughout the day. She was never invasive but always there, capturing an assortment of candid and posed photos. After the wedding, I received my edited photos quickly and I am thrilled beyond words at the overwhelming quality and quantity of images Dana produced. Dana captured all the details I spent so long planning but did not get to fully appreciate in the excitement of the wedding day. I am so happy to be able to look back at our wedding day and be able to relive every moment through Dana’s photos. Choosing to work with Dana was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When we received the recommended vendor list from Wild Dunes where we booked our wedding the photographers were the first people I scoped out. We had a very intimate, immediate family-only wedding & reception so photography was something that was very important to me. None of the photography styles on the list they gave me were what I envisioned for our wedding. After receiving the Charleston Wedding Guide a few different photographers were included and Dana's name was the first I searched. The photos on her website were all I needed to see to know immediately that SHE was the one. Her photos were going to tell our wedding story to all of our family and friends that were not present. After speaking with her on the phone I knew that it was a match. She was very willing to provide a custom package to meet the needs of our small wedding. She became my "go-to" for advice on other vendors and willing to offer any extra help making contacts. Dana was amazing to work with on the wedding day. She was professional and personal and connected easily with both of us. We received our photos in less than a week and after sharing them with all of our friends, the feedback we received was UNBELIEVABLE! One of our friends said she felt like she was present at the wedding because the photos captured every tiny detail perfectly. Dana missed nothing. The worst thing I can say about Dana as your photographer is that you will have the hardest time choosing what photos to blow up and hang in your home, because there are too many good ones. She even sent us as a thank you, this beautiful wooden box with several photos inside on this thick acrylic/card stock type backing. Dana so clearly loves what she does and you can see it in every single shot. Her photos are classic and pretty. They are soft and romantic with a photo journalistic approach. If you are looking for timeless photos then Dana is your girl. She was hands down our best investment, love her!!

• Wedding: 08/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We can't say enough good things about Dana Cubbage!!! Dana took our engagement pictures while we were on vacation in Charleston a year ago and we loved her and her work so much that we asked her to come shoot our wedding in Connecticut! I couldn't have imagined anyone else documenting our day! She was so helpful during the planning process, any questions we had were answered quickly and she was there to help with anything we needed. It was such a pleasure working with Dana because you can tell she truly loves and has a passion for her work!! We're so happy with our engagement and wedding pictures, and constantly getting compliments from family and friends on how great they came out! It goes without saying that we highly recommend Dana Cubbage Weddings! Thank you Dana! Abby & Kyle

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are thrilled with the photos Dana took of our daughter’s wedding. We’re completely blown away with the perfect way in which she captured the beauty, love, and fun of the entire day! We were already in love with the fabulous bridal portraits she did several months before the wedding, but the wedding photos just took it to another level. Dana was so easy to work with--the day she spent with us getting ready for the ceremony was fun, calming, and relaxed. It was as if we had another member of the family in the room with us. She has a very easygoing personality and gets the perfect shot without being intrusive. We could not be more impressed with the excellence of her work.—Her eye for just the right angle and light to capture the mood is spot on. I honestly feel that we could not have had a better photographer than Dana Cubbage. She was the perfect choice. We will be forever grateful to Dana for giving us a way to relive our daughter's wonderful day for many many years to come!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I could write a novel about why Dana Cubbage is THE BEST wedding photographer. I truly cannot imagine a single detail that she could have improved upon. There's no way I will be able to detail every item upon which she excelled in the space allotted for this review, but here are some highlights: Dana's photography is obviously incredible. I was so excited to have her capture our day the way she so expertly has captured the others posted on her blog. When I saw my bridal portraits and then our wedding photos, I was a Taylor Swift album of emotions. I laughed, I cried... I was in awe of how beautifully she captured the details, moments, and emotions involved in the day!! Dana delivered our photos on an unbelievably quick turn around. Our photos were ready LONG before we returned from our honeymoon. Dana, do you sleep? Dana is calm, easy going and fit in seamlessly with our group. Nothing phased her. I cannot stress to the brides-to-be how important this quality is in your photographer. When torrential rainstorms kept us at the "getting ready" location far longer than we planned, it was no biggie. Dana captured detail shots, giggled with us as we told stories to pass the time, and quietly coordinated shifts to the timeline somehow without me realizing anything should have gone otherwise. My bridesmaids RAVED about Dana - to have others close to us confirm what we felt about her was fantastic. In addition to being an amazing photographer and person, there were several surprises and gifts that made our experience with Dana outstanding. Dana is professional, talented, and easy going. I have not a single reservation in recommending her!!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dana = Amazing! It is hard to describe how incredible Dana is and how wonderful she is to work with. We did an engagement session with her (highly recommend!!) and felt so confident we had made the right choice with her immediately after meeting her. She makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera, which is not always the most comfortable place to be, and brings our the best of you in her pictures. She truly has a gift. She was absolutely perfect on our wedding day, capturing moments we will cherish for a lifetime. So many guests came up to us complimenting her, even before seeing her pictures. We have already received all of our pictures as well, less than a week after our event! I would recommend her to anyone and am already looking for other opportunities to hire her.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
Stefanie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot express enough how happy I was with choosing Dana Cubbage Weddings to capture our big day. From our engagement photos to our wedding day photos, we could not have picked a better photographer. We had expressed everything we had wanted out of our engagement and wedding day photos and Dana accomplished it all. Dana does such a great job with capturing in the moment and getting photos where the lighting is spot on. I could not have chose a better photographer for our special day and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

My Awards