Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

On Monday, June 30th, our daughter and son-in-law had their dream come true as they were married at the Courtyard by Marriott, Isla Verde. The overall experience was exceptional from the ceremony through the reception. Everyone at the Courtyard, from Barbara in reservations, Jatzel in Catering, all of the recommended vendors, and the entire wait staff could not do enough to ensure our affair was successful. We received nothing but positive feedback from all of our guests. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Donna In Philly

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Lidia
04/04/2014

Beautiful venue, great customer service! We felt very well taken care of and everyone worked very hard to make our event a special one.

Christine
1 Review
11/02/2013

The team at this resort did a fantastic job, our wedding was gorgeous, everyone was very helpful and kind. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I always knew I wanted a beach wedding but when I visited the Courtyard I knew it was going to be the perfect location for my beach wedding. I was a little nervous at first; planning everything from Boston but with Moraima's help everything went smoothly. At the Courtyard, the employees were very polite, attentive, responsive and helped me with everything I needed. The beach area looked gorgeous and the food was amazing. I was very happy with the service and I highly recommend the Courtyard by Marriott at Isla Verde for you wedding or event!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Moraima and her staff helped me through every question and detail I had an issue with. They were absolutely amazing. Our rooms were wonderful. The staff was always a pleasure to deal with. I would definitely stay here again if I were to return. Having to deal with a wedding is hard enough but having this staff to assist took a lot if the stress off that's for sure! Thank you for all your help!

stephanieg0618
10/15/2011

Michelle and Francis over exceeded our expectation for our wedding, it was perfect! Eveyrthing was how we wanted it and they were very helpful! All of our guests cant stop talking about how much fun they had, really was amazing. Will remember it forever and plan to come back! The food and staff were excellent, the ceremony beautiful. Thank you!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

I love this hotel !!! The staff were so great with me and my guests. I had my ceremony and reception over there and everything was amazing. The view was incredible which means I have great pictures. And the most important part is that I'm really happy with the services and with the money a paid for it !!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The hotel staff went above and beyond to make our wedding day a perfect day.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

I worked primarily with Jatzel Lozano. He was fabulous and our wedding was even better than we imagined it would be. Courtyard by Marriott exceeded our expectations!

Saranya
1 Review
02/22/2014
4.7

The hotel staff were incredible team of professionals. Thank you for making our day a once in a life time moment. My family and friends were very well taken care off and we have truly enjoyed ourselves.

You all exceeded our expectation and Moraima was exceptional as well.

Cheri
11/02/2013

Beautiful venue and the staff was so friendly and helpful.

Private User
1+ year ago

The hotel was a perfect location for our wedding. The beach view was perfect and the staff was professional. One gripe was the coordinator we originally worked with over the phone was not available to complete the coordination of the event when we arrived. Instead, two staff members were able to help us complete out requests for the wedding. They remained professional and helped us complete all our requests without incident.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I searched all around the island to find a hotel for my destination wedding and the Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde beach resort met almost all of my requirements for a ceremony/reception package. It was the only beachfront hotel that offered a variety of wedding packages, many of which included and open bar option. The staff was very flexible and accommodated requests, as I did not take one wedding package as offered. I was able to adjust/remove/add offered services without an issue. The food offered for the cocktail hour and reception were delicious. All oft guests were very happy with the choices. The Marriott also works with many wedding vendors, so having coordination was a breeze. The hotel is very close to the airport, so traveling guests were very pleased with the proximity.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were mostly happy with our wedding and the hotel was beautiful. The weather want great, but that was certainly not the hotels fault! Michelle was great and worked with us to make our wedding beautiful. We chose this hotel since it was so nice, close to the airport and we liked the package which included almost everything. All in all, we were very happy and wouldn't change a thing.

Private User
Recently Married

We changed our original destination wedding venue choice 3 months before our wedding. Courtyard was near the top of our original list for vendors and we had been in contact with their sales manager a year before. We reached back out to her while in PR for a planning visit and we learned that they still had availability for our wedding date since May is a slower month for them. She scheduled us for an on-site visit on the following day, the visit went well and we ultimately booked with them a week or two later. The beach location for their wedding appealed most to us and the fact that they had a destination wedding package that could be modified to some degree according to what we needed. We had our own minister coming and did not need their officiant and paperwork services. About 3 weeks before our wedding our sales manager and assistant sales manager got new jobs and we were assigned a new person. We were somewhat unsettled by the departure of both of our contact persons, but the new sales manager stayed on top of everything and he was able to provide us with comfort that everything would be taken care of after we reviewed all of our open items with him on a conference call. We also scheduled a meeting with him on our day of arrival to PR (and he came in to meet with us on his day off) to review our plans and locations for the wedding/reception. We thought the the dinner plate costs were a little pricey, but compared to all of the other beachside venues that we researched in the San Juan area this was by far the best value location with the most beautiful beach. Keep in mind that the beach is not private, so there will be some resort guests that will watch your ceremony and be on the beach during your wedding. Our wedding was on Sunday early evening on their terrace location before their restaurant opened, so it was quite a bit more secluded than their garden area location for weddings which is right in the mix of the beach and poolside traffic of hotel guests.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Michelle Cotto, the event coordinator, was very helpful. They were doing construction during our wedding, so Michelle did everything she could to ensure that the area looked beautiful for our wedding. We could tell thatshe really cared and wanted everything to be perfect. The banquet manager was also very helpful, she made the reception area look just as I wanted it to look. And Jazmin Rivera helped me with group rates for my guests rooms and was very accommodating when I asked her for an additional joining for my sister who had already reserved one room, but need another for her kids. The rooms were nice. We got a suite, included in our wedding package. Our room was really nice with a great view! The only complaint I have is something I didn't know about until after our wedding- our family and friends told us that the Marriott staff began cleaning up the buffet right after the last person filled their plate. So when my mother-in-law asked for another plate to get more food, she was "no", that's it. In my opinion, we paid for that buffet and they should have asked us what to do with the leftovers or waited until the end of the wedding to get rid of the food. We had several guests that wanted to take food home or get second plates while they were there. The food was delicious and there was A LOT of it, so realistically you might have to get 2 plates just to try everything! Other than that, everything was PERFECT! The ceremony area was gorgeous and led to great pictures!