Cool Springs House

Flexibility:
 (3.4/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
The Cool Springs House is a beautiful venue at a reasonable price. It's rented out by the City of Brentwood and they were so nice and easy to work with. I know I probably bugged the lady calling with lots of questions, but she was always friendly. It does provide room for an indoor ceremony of around 50 people if needed, but no dancing is allowed inside the house. We were allowed a 1 hour rehearsal outside at no extra charge. We rented an event shelter, also in Crockett Park, for $50 and had the rehearsal dinner there. I was very please with this venue.
Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am so thankful we found The Cool Springs House! It was the perfect outdoor/indoor location for our ceremony and reception! We loved the historic aspect of the location, plus it is simply beautiful! The price was very very affordable and great for a venue in Williamson County! Peggy, is your point of contact when you rent the venue and she was very helpful and quick to respond to all questions!
Wedding: 06/12/2011
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I loved the Cool Springs House and the price point is excellent! I spent about $600 to have it all day Friday and all day Saturday. The only downfall is that you have to pick up the keys and drop them off down at the city office. Also, I had a large palate that I had painted for my ceremony and left on Friday night, and the trash people drug it to the dumpster Friday night, so I didn't have it for my wedding. For the price, this venue is wonderful.
Wedding: 06/11/2011
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Peggy Plummer, the city of Brentwood employee that's in charge of the house is great. She's super friendly and always responds to every little question and concern. Anytime I began to freak over the smallest details, she always responded and had the appropriate answer. If you're looking for somewhere cute, affordable, and simple, this is definitely your place. The house is nice and very historic, if that's the feel you're going for, and provides a good (yet cramped) alternative for purchasing a tent if it rains (which it did for us, unfortunately). The down sides are that there is no dancing allowed in the house, and the only way to have alcohol is if you have a licensed bartender there to serve drinks by the glass. You have to have an open bar, as they don't allow you to "sell' drinks, but if you have that type of money, go for it. We chose this venue because it's super affordable and you get back about 1/3 of the cost because it's a "cleaning deposit." It's located in a public park so be careful of the day/time of year you chose because you might get tornado sirens, screaming baseball fans, or rowdy school kids. Other than the rain, our day went amazingly!
Wedding: 05/01/2011
4.4/5.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

TyedoRae 6 Reviews
well, If i had written this before the wedding, i would have given it 5.0... however, after not being able to get my damage deposit back, i'm a little miffed, mainly because all of my vendors swear that they left it spotless. but still, minus the damage deposit, it still saved me LOTS of money. It is a perfect location for a garden party... the yard is beautiful (especially in fall).... it has plenty of parking, and a great little house to entertain in. The have a lot of restrictions, but considering that it is a part of the Brentwood City Parks system, its not so bad. Great place for photos, too. Even though i lost my deposit, i would recommend this place even if you are not too budget concerned.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0
Beautiful house and location! Absolutely charming little farmhouse with gorgeous old barn - I knew that I wanted to get married there as soon as I saw it! I am delaying to give full review and rating until we see how some issues are resolved with management - I will update this review as soon as things are resolved!

Crystal
Wedding: 10/18/2008
3.7/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5
This was a really great venue. Especially for the money. Beautiful on the inside, with a conveniently huge kitchen, and big areas outside, where we could have a tent.
Wedding: 09/28/2008
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Great value for the money
Wedding: 09/28/2008
2.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
Price was phenomenal, saved thousands of dollars. The city rents the facility and is rather rigid on the contract rules. The lady who we dealt with was not understanding with other vendors and when they needed to be there. She did not seem to understand or care about our situation with getting the rentals out. Most rental companies pick up the next day - we were unable to allow the rental company to pick up their property the following day because we did not rent both days. Although it would have been a 15 minute pick up, it was not allowed by the city. For the price though, it was certainly worth it! The rental included the entire property and a huge parking lot. The location of our wedding was a hit!! We received so many comments about how beautiful it was, not to mention the history in the house. Highly recommended venue, very unique and versatile!!!
Wedding: 07/25/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding reception here, and it was like something out of a fairy tale. The house is extremely cute and a great value!
Wedding: 07/31/2004