Classic Catering Corporation

Classic Catering Corporation

Celebrating 20 Years of Great Taste

9112 Cody Street
Overland Park, KS 66214 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres - Display...
Maximum capacity: 500

Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so glad we hired Mary and her team at Classic Catering! They are amazing! So very easy to work with, all you have to do is give them your ideas and they make it happen! The food is the best part! All of our guest told us the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding. We did not know until we watched our wedding video that Mary and one of her staff even fixed the wobble on our sweetheart table before we sat down, I love that attention to detail!! If you want a caterer that you never have to worry about this is your company! We had no issues with anything! Even when our guest count went down at the end we had no problem getting the refund for over paying, we had it in 2 days! I will hire them again in the future if I ever need a caterer again!!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mary and here team did such an amazing job for our wedding at Boulevard Brewery on November 9th, 2013. She helped us in planning our menu, thought of things we ourselves had not, and provided clear and professional communication throughout our planning process.

That night we were BLOWN AWAY by the beautiful buffet table Classic Catering Corp. had arranged with carved fruits and a neat, elegant presentation of food. The staff was absolutely wonderful and extremely helpful that night in ensuring our event ran smoothly and everyone was attended to.

And the best thing about them? Their food was DELICIOUS. We had guests coming up to us telling us they had never had such good wedding food!!

We will definitely use Classic Catering for all of our future catering needs and highly recommend them.

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Classic catering will spoil you. They were amazing. I highly recommend them to anyone- they love their job and it shows. Thank you so much. We got so many compliments about the food!

• Wedding: 11/08/2013
Andrew
1 Review
4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding reception was held October 18, 2013 and the catering services were simply outstanding! The food itself was very good, the presentation was beautiful, the staff was professional, flexible and extremely easy to work with. We also found the pricing to be very competitive.
The various fruit carvings used as decorations, the personal touches of the cake service, and the bride/groom's midnight snack were value added services that were truly appreciated. We are very pleased that we chose Classic Catering for our event and we would recommend them highly.

• Wedding: 10/18/2013
Lotus
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The minute my mom and I met Mary with Classic Catering (for my wedding), we immediately felt a weight of stress come off of our shoulders. We had so many unknowns and questions about rentals, place settings, dinnerware, food and drink services, and Mary's 20+ years of experience came through instantly. She was full of ideas and great suggestions that made our planning process so enjoyable. Mary and her staff are all very organized and detail oriented in planning big events- which I certainly appreciated!

There are many options on the Classic Catering menu, that I think any bride with a budget in mind could make work - and the food will be delicious! The service at my wedding was absolutely incredible, and the food was the best part (we had the Salmon, Champagne Chicken, Beef, and various sides). The number one thing I am hearing from people who came to our wedding reception is that the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding reception. I have also been to many wedding receptions, and I may be a little biased, but I would agree - it was amazing! I would recommend to Classic Catering to my closest friends and family members - the quality of the service and food made my wedding day so memorable!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
Kerry Ann
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There is a certain stigma about wedding food, especially buffet food, that it can't possibly be as nice as food from a high quality restaurant... Classic Catering proves that this is not always the case! The food was delicious, the service was seamless, the presentation was absolutely gorgeous and the pre-planning was without stress or worry. If you are having an event in the KC area, you should give serious thought to classic catering. We mixed and matched our menu and had the KC strip steak and Oven Roasted Turkey. Both are delicious but the star of the menu was the fingerling potatoes with the cheese fondue! Classic catering wowed everyone at the wedding, including the bride and groom! We really enjoyed the take-home trunk of goodies as well! We look forward to sending people your way and involving you in other events in the future!

• Wedding: 06/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As a wedding photographer in Kansas City for many years, I was very clear early on that I wanted to use Classic Catering for the food at our reception. The Thai fruit carving done by Doug is so exquisite, you have to see it to believe it. Everything was fresh and tasted wonderful. As it should be, the hot food was hot and the cold food was cold. You would think that is a norm, but very often that has not been the case in other weddings I photographed with other caterers.

Our guests commented all night and several days afterward that they food was some of the best they've ever had, and one even asked if they had a restaurant because he wanted to go there if so!

Mary, Doug, Jan and the support staff were simply fantastic. The waiters were dressed appropriately and attended to our guests very well. We highly recommend the fresh fruit display appetizer, beef tenderloin medallions, fingerling potatoes (not pretty but they taste amazing!) and the champagne chicken.

Thank you all so much for your hard work and a great result at our reception!

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got married October 13th, 2012 and used Classic Catering for out Catering Vendor. Hands down the best decision. The food was amazing, i continue to get comments about it even a couple of months later. Even if the food had not been so amazing, which it was, having Mary was INVALUABLE!! I think my mom might have gone crazy without her. She took care of all the little details of setting up and we didnt even have to worry about the. She was even thuoghtfull enought to notice when i took my vail off and go ask my mom if she could take it somewhere safe where we would not forget it. The night was amazing and she really did cater to anything we wanted or needed. She was genuinely fun and a delight to work with. I'm a very satisfied customer and would HIGHLY recommend using Classic Catering for you wedding or any special event. Thanks so much Mary and everyone at Classic Catering!!

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
Jennifer
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Food was awesome and sometimes they felt like they were my wedding planner, which was awesome. The food set was also very beautiful.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I do not even know where to start with how happy I am that I chose Classic Catering as our caterer for our wedding. Mary is someone you will like from the moment you meet her and she will be with you every step of the way of your planning.
When I emailed her with a question she got back to me that same day, if not within that same hour! She never made me feel like I was a bother; if anything she made me feel like the only bride/customer she was working with! We had a heavy hors d'oeurves reception and Mary personalized the menu for us. She even helped me with surprising my groom the night of the wedding with his own plate of chicken fingers!(his favorite) All of the food was AMAZING and the presentation of the food was just as amazing! Our wedding was in May and we are still getting compliments on how good our food was.
The entire wait staff with Classic Catering were very professional, polite and helpful. Mary herself even stood behind us to "shield" us from friends and family while we tried to get a quick bite to eat!
All in all, I could not be happier with choosing Classic Catering as our catering company. I have already referred them to a friend and will continue to refer them to anyone looking for the best caterer they can find! If you choose Classic Catering then you will make one of the best vendor decisions you can make while planning your wedding or special event!

• Wedding: 05/14/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Classic Catering catered my wedding 2 weeks ago. I would highly recommend them to any couple in the Kansas City area! Doug and Mary are incrediblely politie, generous and warm people- which is such a joy to have at your wedding! The food for our cocktail hour, the dinner buffet and the bar service was absolutely flawless!

• Wedding: 12/18/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Food was absolutely amazing, beautiful presentation.

• Wedding: 05/08/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Food was GREAT and they were really easy to work with. Very flexible!!

• Wedding: 11/01/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were very happy with our wedding catering choice in Classic Catering of Overland Park, KS. They were very pleasant, easy to work with, creative, professional, and most importantly, they provided delicious food for our guests! Their attention to the details we requested was fabulous and they really made the extra effort to portray our wedding vision through the menu and food presentation! They were also mindful of creating what we envisioned in sink with what we preferred to spend. They were a joy to work with! Yummy food! We would recommend them to anyone. We were pleased! :)

• Wedding: 09/29/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Classic Catering provided absolutely beautiful food. My personal contact was always available every time I called and by the end of everything I felt like she was a valued friend at my wedding.

• Wedding: 06/10/2006
913-492-2632
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards